Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » PETROL PRICE ----> Plans to decrease this ONCE AND FOR ALL!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

icon4.gif  PETROL PRICE ----> Plans to decrease this ONCE AND FOR ALL! Thu, 25 November 2004 22:50 Go to next message
Hi guys, i was asked to forward this msg to 10 ppl, i know i will be dumb enough to post it here, but its more effective, also, if any ADMINS think its inappropriate, please remove this post. I simply had a request email from my best friend begging me to do so. So here it is, i do agree with it though, u may call me an idiot Evil or Very Mad

~CK

-------------------------------------------------- ------------

Food for thought!

Petrol prices - worth thinking about!

Apparently we are going to hit close to $1.35 a litre over the next few months. If this happens the prices will flow on down to the price of every thing we buy! Want petrol prices to come down? We need to take some intelligent, united action. Philip Hollsworth, offered this good idea.

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy petrol on a certain "day" campaign that was going around last April or May! The oil companies justlaughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to "hurt ourselves" by refusing to buy petrol. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work. Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a litre is CHEAP at ..89 / ..95 cents, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace not sellers. With the price of petrol going up more each day, we consumers need
to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of petrol come down is if we hit someone in the pocket by not purchasing their Petrol!

And we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves. Here's the idea:
For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY petrol from the two biggest oil companies (which now are: BP and Mobil). If they are not selling any petrol, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit. But to have an impact, we need to each literally millions of BP and Mobil petrol buyers.

It's really simple to do!! Now, don't wimp out on me at this point...keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to a lot of people. If each of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)...and those 300 send it to at least ten more(300 x 10 = 3,000).... and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers!

Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all (and not buy at BP and Mobil) How long would all that take? If each of us sends this email out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!!

I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you!

Acting together we can make a difference. If this makes sense to you, pleasepass this message on.

PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE 80 cents a LITRE RANGE.

It's easy to make this happen. Just forward this email, and buy your petrol at Shell, Caltex, Liberty, GAS. or Gull Outlets and drive past BP and MOBIL Stations.

Barry Minster
State President
Ex Service, Service & Veterans Party
www.esvp.asn.au <http://www.esvp.asn.au/>
13 Ermington Place
Kew 3101

[Updated on: Thu, 25 November 2004 22:52]

Send a private message to this user    
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: PETROL PRICE ----> Plans to decrease this ONCE AND FOR ALL! Fri, 26 November 2004 00:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this has gone around before.. but with the $1.00p/L price.
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: PETROL PRICE ----> Plans to decrease this ONCE AND FOR ALL! Fri, 26 November 2004 00:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol so i take it dosent work eh? lol i thought so... but oh well.. for a friend Confused
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: PETROL PRICE ----> Plans to decrease this ONCE AND FOR ALL! Fri, 26 November 2004 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It still doesn't help when you look at the price structure of a litre of petrol. Over 40% is in tax, the next biggest chunk is based on the world oil price. The slice taken by the petrol companies is tiny, and that includes the important shipping, refining and marketing costs.

Sure you get some dodgy servos, so the need to shop around is always going to be there. If we want any real permanent change in price we need stupid little Johnny over there to stop bitching about how he can't affect the price and lower the damn taxes, at least to the level QLD has.
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: PETROL PRICE ----> Plans to decrease this ONCE AND FOR ALL! Fri, 26 November 2004 00:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i agree.... little johnny! Mad

Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: PETROL PRICE ----> Plans to decrease this ONCE AND FOR ALL! Fri, 26 November 2004 01:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've got a better idea... why don't we just convert our cars to run on Ethanol; Methanol; Hydrogen or Biodiesel!
Or just build a 500 mile per gallon carby!

Lots of info available for those who are "crazy" enough to try Razz
http://www.fortunecity.com/greenfield/bp/16/conten t1.htm
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: PETROL PRICE ----> Plans to decrease this ONCE AND FOR ALL! Fri, 26 November 2004 01:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey, I'm all for BMW pushing hydrogen powered internal combustion engines. Solar panel on my roof and a water tap with a fancy ass tank, I can fill my own damn car up.
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: PETROL PRICE ----> Plans to decrease this ONCE AND FOR ALL! Fri, 26 November 2004 02:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm in for the "Flinstone" style! lol

15fkw (15 Foot Kilawatt) lololol i'll leave a burnout LOL

rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: PETROL PRICE ----> Plans to decrease this ONCE AND FOR ALL! Fri, 26 November 2004 02:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
any plans on reducing email spam at all?
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: PETROL PRICE ----> Plans to decrease this ONCE AND FOR ALL! Fri, 26 November 2004 05:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah seen that email AGEEES ago, don't agree it'll work at all.

seriously he really thinks that ppl will abandon peddy stations with 98ron when their petrol lights go on?

Want to cause the petrol station a problem? well running out of fuel on ur car is the only problem you willl cause.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: PETROL PRICE ----> Plans to decrease this ONCE AND FOR ALL! Fri, 26 November 2004 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I only use BP Ultimate. Try to avoid anything else as my car runs worse and pings on lower rons.
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: PETROL PRICE ----> Plans to decrease this ONCE AND FOR ALL! Fri, 26 November 2004 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Great chain letter, but i don't think it would work. I think the problem lies with the goverment and the amount of tax on petrol, still at least shell have optimax in supply again.
86twinky
Regular

November 2003
Re: PETROL PRICE ----> Plans to decrease this ONCE AND FOR ALL! Fri, 26 November 2004 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chain letter is stupid.... the big retailers are also the big suppliers of petrol. You stop buying from them you are just gona end up buying from somewhere else which sells their product.
The government makes 40% tax as has been stated... it's in their best interest for petrol prices to be high, they make more money off of it that way.
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: PETROL PRICE ----> Plans to decrease this ONCE AND FOR ALL! Fri, 26 November 2004 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There is a BP at the end of my street, where i fill my tank with sweet, wonderful ultimate.

the 4age loves it, and i cant disagree either! Very Happy

ill help u by not going to mobil, but ill always go to BP muhaha.
FKN16V
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: PETROL PRICE ----> Plans to decrease this ONCE AND FOR ALL! Mon, 29 November 2004 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Somehow i dont think this email was ever intended to really work, more like its about keep the current fuel prices in peoples mind.

Now little johnny?

It should be 40c/per/liter not 40% you creedy little lepricorn (spelling). Why 40%, what does this tax fund, who really knows, its all fukin bullshit, were told one thing, and they do another, i fukin hate voting for the simple fact of, All politions are fukin bullshitters.

But as usual fuel is something 80% of the world needs, so they charge what they like, we need it, they got it.

My 2nd rant for the week?
Beej
Regular

April 2004

Re: PETROL PRICE ----> Plans to decrease this ONCE AND FOR ALL! Mon, 29 November 2004 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
everyone convert to LPG

i will be soon
Dust
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: PETROL PRICE ----> Plans to decrease this ONCE AND FOR ALL! Mon, 29 November 2004 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not only 40% but then u pay 10% gst on top of that and like the politicians say, the 40% isnt a tax, its an excise....

GST didnt lower prices of anything, like it was supposed to, oh except new cars, where u wouldnt notice the difference unless u buying $100k car every year, then u wouldnt car anyway.

cant wait to see the next cost of living increase, fuel increase alone would be causing some families problems.

/rant off

Dust
T APLUS 22
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: PETROL PRICE ----> Plans to decrease this ONCE AND FOR ALL! Mon, 29 November 2004 19:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What bloody pissed me off was a 10cent per liter jump from 105.x to 115.x cents per liter between thursday and friday nights. Its appaling.
Dust
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: PETROL PRICE ----> Plans to decrease this ONCE AND FOR ALL! Tue, 30 November 2004 06:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can drive 30 minutes from my place and see a 14 cent/litre price difference on some days.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: PETROL PRICE ----> Plans to decrease this ONCE AND FOR ALL! Tue, 30 November 2004 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FKN16V wrote on Mon, 29 November 2004 17:07

Now little johnny?

It should be 40c/per/liter not 40% you creedy little lepricorn (spelling). Why 40%, what does this tax fund, who really knows, its all fukin bullshit, were told one thing, and they do another, i fukin hate voting for the simple fact of, All politions are fukin bullshitters.

Dust wrote on Mon, 29 November 2004 21:38

not only 40% but then u pay 10% gst on top of that and like the politicians say, the 40% isnt a tax, its an excise....

I dunno about you guys, but I'd rather pay more for fuel than more for rego.

If they cut the fuel excise, we are gonna be hit in other ways.
Like watch the rego on private cars double, and the rego on commercial cars triple or quadrouple.

I like the current system.
This way I can afford to have 2 cars, and drive which ever I choose.

You wanna piss the govt off, use less fuel.
Less fuel used = less money made.
Catch a bus, get an Echo/Prius/Jazz.
JAZE
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: PETROL PRICE ----> Plans to decrease this ONCE AND FOR ALL! Tue, 30 November 2004 10:08 Go to previous message
you guys are lucky fuel here is 75% tax and its 1.30 Eu per litre
which is 2.22 AUD. Here that tax funds dole bludgers who live like kings, and dont work thier whole lives.
What is the petrol tax in Aus funding? fighter jets and aircraft carriers to keep 3 boats with 20 or so asains off our coast every year, and to buy arms from america to fight alongside american troops in Americas wars on innocent countries, so that americaa can have cheap oil, they do it hard over there at 1.51 USD per gallon.......
:end rant:
ps that email although a good idea is fruitless, your trying to send an intelligent message to a country of people who voted howard back in.
im finished now i swear.....
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:celica confusion and soarer dissapointment
Next Topic:Small Car Sunday ADELAIDE results
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 7 11:57:50 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.012451171875 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.