Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Cars For Sale & Wanted » FMV: For a 76 RA23?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
old codger
Occasional Poster

November 2004
icon5.gif  FMV: For a 76 RA23? Sun, 28 November 2004 05:38 Go to next message
Just wondering if anyone would tell me what they consider is fair market value for a RA23 (11/76) in good condition with 10mths rego? 5speed manual, 2.0 lt, 165000kms

Have the opportunity to buy it but think $3600 is a little too dear. I would be prepared to pay $2500 but need some guidance.

It is pretty much stock standard except for allow wheels. It has been resprayed (in the backyard) but will need to be done again soon. There is a few rust patches in the roof near the rain gutters. Interior is dirty original vinyl and could clean up. New windscreen and head gasket. They got the local butcher to put in the stereo by the look of the hacksaw cuts in the centre console. It drives well and the only noise is wind noise plus tappets on starting.

Is there anything else I should be looking for and what do you guys reckon is FMV?
  Send a private message to this user    
DenZel
Regular

January 2004
    -
Re: FMV: For a 76 RA23? Mon, 29 November 2004 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
u getting ripped
2500 is gd price
EnFlaMEd
Regular

September 2003
Re: FMV: For a 76 RA23? Mon, 29 November 2004 06:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would think $1500-$2000 from what you have described.
scrote
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: FMV: For a 76 RA23? Mon, 29 November 2004 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rust in the roof is a bad sighn. 1500 clams no more
bstjunkie
Regular

July 2004
Re: FMV: For a 76 RA23? Mon, 29 November 2004 07:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1500-2000 id pay something between there
Major Clod
Regular

August 2003
Re: FMV: For a 76 RA23? Mon, 29 November 2004 14:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rust in the roof isn't too good a sign at all. My 23 had rust in the sills and a couple of other small spots and that itself was a real pain in the arse to fix, let alone the roof. I know they are hard to come by, but I'd be looking for a 23 with a nice body, its definately easier to swap in a new engine than to respray the damned thing.
old codger
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: FMV: For a 76 RA23? Tue, 30 November 2004 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cheers everyone! It looks as if I better give this one a miss especially at the price! Thought of offering $2500 but having second thoughts now. Confused
old codger
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: FMV: For a 76 RA23? Sat, 04 December 2004 19:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Revisited this car again yesterday.
Found more rust patches under both door hinges in front panel....holes the size of 20c piece. Offered him $2700 and the pr#?* laughed at me, he wants his $3600 so I'm still looking.
Major Clod
Regular

August 2003
Re: FMV: For a 76 RA23? Sun, 05 December 2004 13:26 Go to previous message
Yeah I wouldn't bother, $3600 he is dreaming. For that money I'd be expecting something that has a nice body and maybe an 18RGU twin cam.

Rust under the door hinges is pretty bad. Last thing you need is your doors falling off!

There will always be more rust sitting under the paint around the visible holes. Most places I removed rust from around my RA23 had a fair bit of rust around the holes that you couldn't see without grinding off the paint.

They are a pain to repair, the metal is quite thin and burns through easily when welding if you're not careful. Like I said before you are better with a good body first if you can find one. There are plenty of good 18R's floating around so finding an engine for one isn't going to be a problem

Best thing to do is take your time. If you rush into it too quickly you will regret it. Good Luck!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:FS: N14 Nissan Pulsar
Next Topic:EOI: AE82 twincam 100kw - melb
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 12 13:21:39 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0046367645263672 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.