Toymods » General Car Talk » Selling a car-do u need rwc for rego? VICTORIA

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
The Untouchable
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Selling a car-do u need rwc for rego? VICTORIA Mon, 29 November 2004 04:58 Go to next message
I was wondering if you need a RWC in order to sell a car with rego? Im selling an XD Falcon (itll be on here) and i cant afford a roadworthy, because it needs new tyres, and i was wondering if i can sell it with the remaining rego. Just that ive heard from the old skool u can do that, and ive heard from the young skool you cant.
so, i was wondering, can you or not Smile cheers

[Updated on: Mon, 29 November 2004 05:02] by Moderator

Send a private message to this user    
setsuna
Forums Junkie

July 2004

Re: Selling a car-do u need rwc for rego? VICTORIA Mon, 29 November 2004 05:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its already registered so it does not matter?
well matter.. up to the new owner to drive a dodgy car, or bring it up to scratch.
he(/she) knows what he is buying, and stuff.

here (WA) can buy manymany dodgy cars that still have rego, even ones that are wrecked. never have to pass any tests to change ownership of registration etc.

not sure what you are worried about.
if you have any concerns, contact a licensing center in you’re state.

Hope this helps..
The Untouchable
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Selling a car-do u need rwc for rego? VICTORIA Mon, 29 November 2004 05:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what? in order to transfer rego you need a rwc. Since i have rego left, but dont want to get a rwc, i want to know if you are allowed to sell a car with the rego, as i have heard you cant do that anymore.
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Selling a car-do u need rwc for rego? VICTORIA Mon, 29 November 2004 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes you do need a rwc in order to transfer rego over. The easy way to do this is to hold the plates untill the next owner does the rwc then transfer it over
setsuna
Forums Junkie

July 2004

Re: Selling a car-do u need rwc for rego? VICTORIA Mon, 29 November 2004 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ooooooo
what is a rwc?
I assumed you meant a road worthy car (that they check etc)
lah
no idea.
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Selling a car-do u need rwc for rego? VICTORIA Mon, 29 November 2004 07:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rwc = road worthy certificate.

You need to take the car to a certified mechanic and they go over the car and check to see if it's road worthy. Then if it is they issue you a certificate that is valid for 28 or 30 days, not sure.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Selling a car-do u need rwc for rego? VICTORIA Mon, 29 November 2004 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
talking to vicroads is your best option grant - takes the " i think " and " i guess " out of your question answers

then you know for sure
WANTED_AE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Selling a car-do u need rwc for rego? VICTORIA Mon, 29 November 2004 16:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
any car sold below 2k no need to, as they are shitboxes anyways... leave the problem to the buyer.
dcleyne
Regular

November 2003
Re: Selling a car-do u need rwc for rego? VICTORIA Tue, 30 November 2004 00:24 Go to previous message
Follow this link and look under the Vehicle & Boat Registrations section. It has all the details about exactly what you have to do when acquiring or disposing of a vehicle in Victoria.

http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au

Cheers,
Dan
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:racing hilux???
Next Topic:Making AE86 wiper arms like new again.
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 2 14:41:32 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0064249038696289 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.