Toymods » Tech & Conversions » ke11 brake upgrade+ stud conversion

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
syncro
Regular

October 2004
ke11 brake upgrade+ stud conversion Mon, 22 November 2004 09:07 Go to next message
i want to fit ke70 disk brakes on the front and to fit a set of 4 stud supra or soarer rims.

will the ke70 hubs fit or do i need to get different bearings? i have done a search and read the relevent threads but i am confused about which bearings to use.

can i fit a larger master cylinder with servo from any other model toyota? or even another make of car?

how do i change the stud pattern at the rear to the later type, what axle shafts will fit?

i appreciate any info on these

[Updated on: Mon, 22 November 2004 09:08]

Send a private message to this user    
earlyrolla
Regular

May 2003
Re: ke11 brake upgrade+ stud conversion Mon, 22 November 2004 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The outer bearings are the same. The inner bearings have the same external taper but different internal diameter. Hence you can use the existing cone in the hub and simply use the KE11 bearing.

I think the dust seal is also different. In addition I think the KE11 dust seal has a smaller external diameter too so it cant simply be pushed into the later hub. But I could be wrong on this as it is while since I looked.

In regards to the master cylinder, using one of the KE70 would be the best option as it matches the front brakes (possibly the back if you decide to upgrade them too). If this car is to be fully road complient then it would be best to talk to an engineer on this.

The stud pattern can be easily changed by any competent machine shop, but whether the cost of the mod is worth it on a standard KE11 diff is another question.

Not sure if later Corolla axles will fit. I know the KE1x has a very narrow rear-end, so I doubt it.

As for other diffs, depends on the torque you plan to put through it to how big it needs to be. A Hilux diff in a KE11 would be an overkill unless you have a high torque engine with a seriously savage clutch.

What sort of engine have you got planned?

[Updated on: Mon, 22 November 2004 12:37]

syncro
Regular

October 2004
Re: ke11 brake upgrade+ stud conversion Tue, 23 November 2004 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks for the information on the brakes.

im keeping an open mind on the engine/gearbox at the moment but i would like a map sensor version 4agze with a lexus is200 gearbox... ill have to sell a kidney or something first.

i just want to get the car ready for a transplant at a later date, if i do work on suspension axle and brakes etc does this work have to be engineered.... i know nothing about nsw laws as i just moved here 6 weeks ago.
BradW
Regular

April 2004
Re: ke11 brake upgrade+ stud conversion Tue, 23 November 2004 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you go to the RTA website they have all the info on rego laws for NSW. They also have a list of engineers that you can ring to find out what needs to be engineered.

Brad
syncro
Regular

October 2004
Re: ke11 brake upgrade+ stud conversion Fri, 26 November 2004 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
earlyrolla.. i looked at the pics of your ke16 wagon, what rear axle is that one in the pics?
earlyrolla
Regular

May 2003
Re: ke11 brake upgrade+ stud conversion Fri, 26 November 2004 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Um, yeah that one...

Havent had time to do much on that lately, other projects have become more important.

The KE16 wagon will be running a shortened hilux rear end. The diff will be full spooled.

I have another KE10 that will probably get a shortened falcon LSD. Not as nice as a Toyota torsen but a s*&t load cheaper, considering the KE10 was only meant to be the tow car for the KE16 at the drags Very Happy
syncro
Regular

October 2004
Re: ke11 brake upgrade+ stud conversion Sat, 27 November 2004 04:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so is that a hi-lux rear axle casing? do the half shafts get thicker after the splines? and when you say a torsen diff do you mean hi-lux comes with an automatic torque sensing diff like the quaife A.T.B. or the audi quattro torsen diff?

what model falcon rear axle would be suitable? would an 82 ea falcon s-pack rear end be suitable for narrowing? and have these a ford 9 inch plate type lsd?

sorry for all the questions, any info appreciated, thanks.
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: ke11 brake upgrade+ stud conversion Sat, 27 November 2004 06:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
syncro wrote on Sat, 27 November 2004 14:53

so is that a hi-lux rear axle casing? do the half shafts get thicker after the splines? and when you say a torsen diff do you mean hi-lux comes with an automatic torque sensing diff like the quaife A.T.B. or the audi quattro torsen diff?

what model falcon rear axle would be suitable? would an 82 ea falcon s-pack rear end be suitable for narrowing? and have these a ford 9 inch plate type lsd?

sorry for all the questions, any info appreciated, thanks.

Put a 9" in....cheap...easy to find...and a LOT of ratios and good hardwares available. did i mention they were tough?
earlyrolla
Regular

May 2003
Re: ke11 brake upgrade+ stud conversion Tue, 30 November 2004 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry to be a little confusing there.

I was referring to a Supra torsen diff. I have no idea if a Hiulx ever came with a torsen diff.

For the amount I am shortening the Hilux axles I wont have any problems. I will have to check the stepping on them to verify what is the minimum amount you can shorten them.

I have to pull the axles on the falcon diff to check the axle stepping. Originally I was going to use an early Skyline diff but the axle stepping wouldnt allow the axles to be shortened.

As much as I like 9" diffs (have one in the dragster), they are bloody heavy!!! In my opinion would be a huge overkill for a KE11 (they are so light).
syncro
Regular

October 2004
Re: ke11 brake upgrade+ stud conversion Tue, 30 November 2004 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so a skyline diff is useless then, i read on someother site that they were suitable?
earlyrolla
Regular

May 2003
Re: ke11 brake upgrade+ stud conversion Tue, 30 November 2004 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can only comment on the Skyline diff I had. It was an early model diff the same as used in the Pintaras. Where the axles needed to be re-splined to was not large enough in diameter to be re-splined.

The later skyline axles may be different.
syncro
Regular

October 2004
Re: ke11 brake upgrade+ stud conversion Wed, 01 December 2004 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok, let us know about the ford shafts if they have enough metal on them.
lexan
Newcomer

December 2004
Re: ke11 brake upgrade+ stud conversion Wed, 22 December 2004 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive talked to a couple of diff places and they seem to believe that that skyline r32 rear end could be made to fit with a little help from an oxi and hammer.
love to hear which way you go and cost i also want something relieable and cost effective
syncro
Regular

October 2004
Re: ke11 brake upgrade+ stud conversion Fri, 24 December 2004 04:43 Go to previous message
i went to a wreckers and pulled the shafts from a pintara and they do not have enough metal on them for resplining but the r31 skyline 28 spline shafts can be resplined
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Hilux Rear Disk Brakes
Next Topic:Lite ace diff strength??
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 12 13:55:49 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0069329738616943 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.