Toymods » Tech & Conversions » AE112R Turbo Corolla. 2001 Sportivo

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Minhlam
Newcomer

November 2004
AE112R Turbo Corolla. 2001 Sportivo Tue, 30 November 2004 03:04 Go to next message
Got a turbo back 2.5 inch exhaust and pod.

How much boost can these cars run?

they run 9psi from factory already.
  Send a private message to this user    
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: AE112R Turbo Corolla. 2001 Sportivo Tue, 30 November 2004 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how much can they run, or how much can they run safely?
Johnny
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AE112R Turbo Corolla. 2001 Sportivo Tue, 30 November 2004 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

well put...I guess when they go bang, you'll know...I wouldn't try more than 9-10 pound knowing the 7A's, get a GZE bottom or some forgies if you want more grunt.
Johnny
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AE112R Turbo Corolla. 2001 Sportivo Tue, 30 November 2004 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh forgot... you could always sell it to me, then I could tell you after I've blowing it up Laughing ... I'm looking hard for one ask we speak.
Minhlam
Newcomer

November 2004
Re: AE112R Turbo Corolla. 2001 Sportivo Tue, 30 November 2004 20:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EVOSTi wrote on Tue, 30 November 2004 16:04

Does a GZE bottome End bolt straight up? if so then how much boost can I run for everyday driving? Some people say they can handle 11 0r 12 psi?
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: AE112R Turbo Corolla. 2001 Sportivo Wed, 01 December 2004 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
we rebuilt one about a year ago and the ring-lands were destroyed on two pistons. we tried to order a set of four pistons but could only locate two in japan and would need to wait months for more to be made (i think that was the story) so i think the turbo 7afe has different pistons to the na 7afe, cause i would assume the pistons wouldnt be that hard to come by otherwise.
im not too sure on the boost that was run before the failure, but the car was only like a year or two old so... i wouldnt boost it too much.

johnny, what parts would you use from the gze? are the pistons interchangable? i wouldnt have thought it would be possible.
Shomar
Newcomer

November 2004
Re: AE112R Turbo Corolla. 2001 Sportivo Wed, 01 December 2004 18:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
are there any web-sites which have more information about the AE112R ?
Minhlam
Newcomer

November 2004
Re: AE112R Turbo Corolla. 2001 Sportivo Wed, 01 December 2004 20:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know Toyota made the sportivo as a bolt on kit. Factory boost is 9psi. If I leave it on 9psi would that be fine? I mean surely toyota knew what they were doin bolting on a turbo kit on a na motor I hope? Confused
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: AE112R Turbo Corolla. 2001 Sportivo Thu, 02 December 2004 06:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well if thats how it was factory it should be safe. it wasnt JUST a bolt on as such, its got a lower compression as well as a remapped ECU (TOM's i think).
Minhlam
Newcomer

November 2004
Re: AE112R Turbo Corolla. 2001 Sportivo Thu, 02 December 2004 20:04 Go to previous message
Thanks for the reply EVOSTI.
How did they lower the compression? Through a thicker Head gasket?
On hot days the car runs 8psi. and normal day it runs 9psi.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:changing speedo dash area
Next Topic:AE92 front bumper on a AE86
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 13 22:43:45 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0052039623260498 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.