Toymods » General Car Talk » Have a look at this abortion

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Skein
Regular

November 2002

icon13.gif  Have a look at this abortion Fri, 26 November 2004 07:49 Go to next message
What a disaster.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ewItem&item=4507060013
  Send a private message to this user    
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Have a look at this abortion Fri, 26 November 2004 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh

my

god

SilverGhost
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Have a look at this abortion Fri, 26 November 2004 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why a disaster?? Its a show car, doesnt that mean its there for show??
setsuna
Forums Junkie

July 2004

Re: Have a look at this abortion Fri, 26 November 2004 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bleh.
its orrite Smile
I like dem doors.
and don't mind 300zx's either Very Happy
interior is a bit much for my road car though I think.
so.. ill pass on buyin it this time Razz
74gt
Regular

October 2004
Re: Have a look at this abortion Fri, 26 November 2004 09:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What a waste of perfectly good celica head lights Mad
and corvette tail lights (i think)
inertia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Have a look at this abortion Fri, 26 November 2004 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm sure the owner likes it...

IMHO, Doesn't look half as bad as most of the "ebay shockers" that get posted. Coulda done the rear lights a bit better though.
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Have a look at this abortion Fri, 26 November 2004 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i hate rice, but that isnt half bad if you keep a stock rear end, wtf was he thinking there!
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Have a look at this abortion Fri, 26 November 2004 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
meh...doesnt look too bad. Dont like the rear lights Surprised

[Updated on: Fri, 26 November 2004 10:57]

nudes
Regular

October 2004
Re: Have a look at this abortion Fri, 26 November 2004 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha dont care..
its amazing what different people spend their money on.. people dont believe me when i tell them i am about to remove everything but driver + passenger seat from the KE70.. they cant believe i'm putting a new engine and trans in there either....... "its gonna cost $6000!!!.. do you know what sort of stereo/bodykit/neons/chromed out hubcaps/9 inch gazsorst tip/clear tail-lights/playboy seat/ mitsubishi mirage etc"

its the same as the fact i cant understand why you pour money into something which doesnt overly improve the way the car functions.

grow up and stop shitting on other peoples dreams.. kick back and admire what you've created, or are creating, and be happy that your car is the way YOU want it..
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Have a look at this abortion Fri, 26 November 2004 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think its pretty good.
i love the doors Very Happy damn i wish i could get a set of those puppies for my car!

hey man, each to their own, people probably think i wasted a shit load on my car and it still looks stock?!
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Have a look at this abortion Fri, 26 November 2004 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey i came in here to see pics of unborn babies, im disappointed Razz
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Have a look at this abortion Fri, 26 November 2004 22:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i laugh when i see cars like this with no bids on them.
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Have a look at this abortion Sat, 27 November 2004 01:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing Laughing
hahaha yeah draza, thats always the thing i look for to see if there are any lost souls out there
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Have a look at this abortion Sat, 27 November 2004 03:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I actualy realy like it. Smooth, well put together. The front conversion is interesting and I prefer it to the stock front (something about the stock front is icky to me). The rear end however, is a bit of a desaster. What the hell? The stock tail lights look far better than that! Then again, they may look better in person.

Like the doors. Very Happy
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: Have a look at this abortion Sat, 27 November 2004 05:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its nice
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Have a look at this abortion Sat, 27 November 2004 06:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If that didn't have the crappy Corvette lights and the white interior, it'd look awesome Smile
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Have a look at this abortion Sat, 27 November 2004 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Looks like a toy car, and most unattractive. If I was driving and I saw that on the road I think I'd have a good belly-laugh and shake my head.

I'm not a fan of the 300ZX, nor the later 'Vettes and certainly don't like the new Celica. So, when some clown puts all these ugly parts together, they get an even uglier bitsa car.

Lambo doors belong on Lambos.

Oh well, each to their own I s'pose.

seeyuzz
river
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Have a look at this abortion Sat, 27 November 2004 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That looks awesome... I dunno why you guys don't like it...
FKN16V
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: Have a look at this abortion Sat, 27 November 2004 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I for 1 like it, something a little different, doesnt make it rice.

Cheers

Steve
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Have a look at this abortion Sun, 28 November 2004 00:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm I'm not keen on people trying to make a car something its not... If its a 300zx KEEP IT one....

[QUOTE]This is a custom show car will never find one in this condition. It has to much invested need to sell to pay for college. QUOTE]

Yeah u never will find one in such "CONDITION", everyone else has more sense to wreck a car like this.

Quote:

This car was never been abused.[/[/QUOTE]
It was a abused the second this guy got hold of it Laughing Laughing Laughing

Quote:

It has to much invested need to sell to pay for college.
Hes going to "ANTI-RICE School, to study a bachelor in Decent Looking modifications hehehe!!! Very Happy
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Have a look at this abortion Mon, 29 November 2004 00:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TRD-ST162 wrote on Sun, 28 November 2004 11:11

hmmm I'm not keen on people trying to make a car something its not... If its a 300zx KEEP IT one....

Quote:

This is a custom show car will never find one in this condition. It has to much invested need to sell to pay for college.

Yeah u never will find one in such "CONDITION", everyone else has more sense to wreck a car like this.

Ummmmmmmm, no... Most of you seem to be afraid to touch the way your car looks... Quite frankly, I'd much rather my car than to have a piece of shit that goes fast...

SilverGhost
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Have a look at this abortion Mon, 29 November 2004 01:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Basically I cant understand these attacks...we have no proof that this guy is a ricer....correct me if im wrong but a ricer is someone that makes cosmetic modifications to a vehicle then believes (and wants everyone else to believe) that they are performance mods that will somehow make his car go harder, or will turn him into a race car driver.

This person has specifically listed his car as a 'SHOW' car, which is designed for show, not go....therefore the only rules that apply is how wild, new & different he can make his car look.

If on the other hand he was cruisin down parramatta road with a halfwit mate in the passenger seat, wanting to race every one else cause his car 'talks the talk' then brand him a ricer through and through.

I look at show cars and i see time and effort coming up with a design that is deliberately not the norm, implementing that and overcoming design difficulties with altering body shape, dimensions and function (i.e. the lambo doors, not an easy mod at all) because their very function is to draw the eye, nothing more.

Infact for quite a while car manufacturers have taken inspiration from show cars when designing the body for a new model.

I would like to believe that the majority of people on here have enough tolerance of other people ideas that they can appreciate his creation for what it is.....a 'SHOW' car.
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Have a look at this abortion Tue, 30 November 2004 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dear god thats hideous
Johnny
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Have a look at this abortion Tue, 30 November 2004 10:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think we have the Auto salon's 'King of Salon' winner!! hideous and ricey, all it needs is come with is butt plug attachements and I'm sure it would win.
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: Have a look at this abortion Tue, 30 November 2004 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
74gt wrote on Fri, 26 November 2004 20:52

What a waste of perfectly good celica head lights Mad
and corvette tail lights (i think)

Exactly what I thought!

Damn bastardisation of the car...

Cheers.
PHA77R
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: Have a look at this abortion Wed, 01 December 2004 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SilverGhost wrote on Mon, 29 November 2004 12:47

Basically I cant understand these attacks...we have no proof that this guy is a ricer....correct me if im wrong but a ricer is someone that makes cosmetic modifications to a vehicle then believes (and wants everyone else to believe) that they are performance mods that will somehow make his car go harder, or will turn him into a race car driver.

This person has specifically listed his car as a 'SHOW' car, which is designed for show, not go....therefore the only rules that apply is how wild, new & different he can make his car look.

If on the other hand he was cruisin down parramatta road with a halfwit mate in the passenger seat, wanting to race every one else cause his car 'talks the talk' then brand him a ricer through and through.

I look at show cars and i see time and effort coming up with a design that is deliberately not the norm, implementing that and overcoming design difficulties with altering body shape, dimensions and function (i.e. the lambo doors, not an easy mod at all) because their very function is to draw the eye, nothing more.

Infact for quite a while car manufacturers have taken inspiration from show cars when designing the body for a new model.

I would like to believe that the majority of people on here have enough tolerance of other people ideas that they can appreciate his creation for what it is.....a 'SHOW' car.

Agreed.

Most people label other people "ricers" because they think it's "cool" to bag out other people.. in reality real car nuts (or enthusiasts whatever you wanna call yourselves) respect different styles of modifications.. so what if it's not the same style as your car, or if he chose to go the "show" path instead of the "go" path.. fact is his car is a shitload better than most of the cars owned by the people bagging it out. Whether it's jealousy, or just wanting to jump on the bandwagon and label yet another car "rice" when it's not even CLOSE to rice. It might be ugly, it might not go fast, doesn't mean it's rice. "rice" has always been cars that are modified to LOOK fast but are stock mechanically or are that just can't live up to the image they project. A "show" car is just a car based on looks alone.. and there's nothing wrong with that.. there's no pretense that it's a "fast" car.

Just because you own an AE86 with an exhaust and a few jap bolt-ons doesn't make you superior to some guy who's put more money into a car than you earn in a year.
nitephyre
Regular

July 2003
Re: Have a look at this abortion Wed, 01 December 2004 23:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it's still ugly though, whatever you label it Razz
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Have a look at this abortion Thu, 02 December 2004 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PHA77R wrote on Wed, 01 December 2004 20:15

Most people label other people "ricers" because they think it's "cool" to bag out other people.

Not me. I didn't call it rice. I know it's a show car, but that doesn't mean I have to like its looks.

Quote:

in reality real car nuts (or enthusiasts whatever you wanna call yourselves) respect different styles of modifications

Not necessarily. Car enthusiasts are a varied bunch of people and there are many enthusiasts who appreciate a good original car, not something that has been modded. Some enthusiasts would think this is great car, yet others would shudder.

Quote:

fact is his car is a shitload better than most of the cars owned by the people bagging it out.

Dunno about the others that commented in this topic, but it isn't better than my car. Just because someone spends a heap of dosh and does some fancy body work and clever engineering doesn't make it better. Matter of fact, I'd go as far to say my car pisses over it - but I'm a tad biased. Smile

Furthermore, I noticed your're a new comer to these forums. Have you spent the time to go through all the members rides and actually see some of the fine pieces of machinery that some of the members own? Have you seen some of the mods they have done? Can you really make that statement without knowing these things?

Quote:

Whether it's jealousy, or just wanting to jump on the bandwagon and label yet another car "rice" when it's not even CLOSE to rice. It might be ugly, it might not go fast, doesn't mean it's rice. "rice" has always been cars that are modified to LOOK fast but are stock mechanically or are that just can't live up to the image they project. A "show" car is just a car based on looks alone.. and there's nothing wrong with that.. there's no pretense that it's a "fast" car.

Agreed. It isn't rice, but I still think its unattractive. Looks, like opinions, are a personal thing.

Quote:

Just because you own an AE86 with an exhaust and a few jap bolt-ons doesn't make you superior to some guy who's put more money into a car than you earn in a year.

Not everyone in this forum owns an AE86. Some of us own original and rare classics because we're "enthusiaists" who appreciate the originality of a car. We spend an inordinate amount of time, money and effort to keep these classics original and looking like they just came out of the showroom. Others do fanatstic mods to get better performance and tasteful looks. Sure, there may be a few beasts, but there's also some great looking and great performing cars in this forum.

I for one, would like to make my comments without copping a bagging from someone who beleives I should think differently. Slagging at us 'cos someone puts more money into a car than we make in a year, is putting you into the same "bagging" role that you are accusing us of.

seeyuzz
river
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Have a look at this abortion Thu, 02 December 2004 07:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Sat, 27 November 2004 17:10

If that didn't have the crappy Corvette lights and the white interior, it'd look awesome Smile

10-4 buddy. I don't get the white interior either, and I don't understand how he thinks round tail-lights are meant to match the super-angular Celica headlights.

Rice or no-rice?
-I don't care, it's some seriously trick bodywork. The dude who crafted this can mess with my '90 Celica ANY DAY OF THE WEEK! Surprised

Drop in a turbo donk + 5spd manual and you're really cookin with gas!
PHA77R
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: Have a look at this abortion Fri, 03 December 2004 01:49 Go to previous message
river:

I wasn't bagging out the members of this site.. I was just commenting to the people who jump on the bandwagon calling the car rice just because it's not their idea of a decent car.

Nor was I saying it's a GOOD car, of course everyone's tastes are different and I never said that everyone has to think that it's a good looking car.. I purely was talking about the fact that it's clearly not "rice".. nothing more. I don't think it's crash hot either.. I just said it's definitely original and good on him for trying.

I just reckon everyone's taste is different and people shouldn't bag out another guy's effort.. he obviously likes the car the way it is.. just appreciate the work that's gone into it rather than saying "its shit" or "its rice" just coz it's not everyones idea of perfect.

As you said, it's each to their own, but so many people don't realise that and if it's not exactly how THEY like it, it's suddenly "shit".

As for me being a newbie.. so what.. i've been around here for a very long time just reading, and i've been around the car scene (both "original" enthusiasts having owned some oldskool classics, and also modified car scene) for a very long time.. around 10 years.. so my postcount or signup date doesn't tell you anything about me. I was just expressing an opinion, isn't that what forums are for?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Bonnet ideas
Next Topic:Bride seats - second hand?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 7 01:14:51 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0071671009063721 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.