Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » number plate spray?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
AuthorTopic
styler
Forums Junkie

October 2004
number plate spray? Thu, 02 December 2004 00:44 Go to next message

heard this and that about it on the net....
not many ppl seemed to have used it tho.
the manufacturers say it is very effective but
does anyone know much about it?

about $70 for a bottle - covers 4 number plates

http://www.ghostplates.com/photoblocker.html

http://www.phantomplate.com/main.html

Send a private message to this user  
Goose
Regular

April 2004
Re: number plate spray? Thu, 02 December 2004 00:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1. Its illegal and you get in trouble for it

2. why pay that much when a 4L drum of lacker does the same thing and will do more plates and costs less.
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: number plate spray? Thu, 02 December 2004 01:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i heard hair spray... but how about dont speed near cameras and you'll be fine.
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: number plate spray? Thu, 02 December 2004 01:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm....interesting Evil or Very Mad
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: number plate spray? Thu, 02 December 2004 04:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Goose wrote on Thu, 02 December 2004 11:46

1. Its illegal and you get in trouble for it

2. why pay that much when a 4L drum of lacker does the same thing and will do more plates and costs less.

what is a lacker ? hahaha

u can get those plates from auto one with the lines through it.. not illegal does same thing

but yeah just dont run reds .. u are an idiot if u do
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: number plate spray? Thu, 02 December 2004 04:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

With Photoshop and a good colour printer you can make up your own number plate. You fit it in over your existing plate (assuming you got the clear plastic number-plate frame) - it just slots in over your existing plate.

You then drive around and do your hooning and then remove the dummy plate (matt photo paper is the best to use) when you want to be normal again. Who cares what the camera catches - the plates won't match anything and, if they do, it won't be your plate.

I particularly like using EvilJacks number plates. Evil or Very Mad I'm waiting for him to come onto the forum and whine about all these crazy fines he's been copping. Smile BAHAHAHAHA Laughing

seeyuzz
river
fractoid
Regular

September 2004
Re: number plate spray? Thu, 02 December 2004 04:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yet another excellent reason not to have photos of your car showing your number plates online. Laughing
bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: number plate spray? Thu, 02 December 2004 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, but i would doubt that they could give you a fine for the photo taken of the naughty act based on another photo of your car online. it too presumptuous.
styler
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: number plate spray? Thu, 02 December 2004 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well it hasnt been outlawed anywhere yet has it? i know obstructing number plates is a fine but this stuff only reflects when flashed by a camera...

so laquer works too hmmm...
hairspray would do for a night i suppose

those plates with lines on them - i dont think they
are reflecting ones cos they are a 1/4 of the price and
dont say anything about reflecting on them...
i wish they were tho Smile
running reds for a deathwish agreed

all cos last few weeks 1 x roadworthy team on my street
and about 4 gay cameras

older cars were allowed 10% accuracy when testing the
speedo at manufacture i think
and blue bozo's being unfairly sneaky, downhill traps
and hiding in bus shelters

printing..
printing....
printing.......

"dont ban high performance cars, ban low performance drivers"

[Updated on: Thu, 02 December 2004 07:48]

Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: number plate spray? Thu, 02 December 2004 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just paint your car matt blach , take off all the badges , put REALLY dark tint on it , and make it a steath car ..

then police wont even see you because your being stealthy and all .. Works for those planes doesnt it???

Rolling Eyes

ae86_boy
Regular

August 2004
Re: number plate spray? Thu, 02 December 2004 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
someone was telling me about this stuff the other day
Goose
Regular

April 2004
Re: number plate spray? Thu, 02 December 2004 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you want a stealth car just paint your car in liquid polimers and mount cameras on your car showing on the opiside of your car then your car will look like the other side of the road whats infront and behind you.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: number plate spray? Thu, 02 December 2004 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
river wrote on Thu, 02 December 2004 15:13

Hi,

With Photoshop and a good colour printer you can make up your own number plate. You fit it in over your existing plate (assuming you got the clear plastic number-plate frame) - it just slots in over your existing plate.

You then drive around and do your hooning and then remove the dummy plate (matt photo paper is the best to use) when you want to be normal again. Who cares what the camera catches - the plates won't match anything and, if they do, it won't be your plate.

I particularly like using EvilJacks number plates. Evil or Very Mad I'm waiting for him to come onto the forum and whine about all these crazy fines he's been copping. Smile BAHAHAHAHA Laughing

seeyuzz
river

except when your car REALLY stands out like mine
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: number plate spray? Thu, 02 December 2004 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Classique71 wrote on Thu, 02 December 2004 19:34

just paint your car matt blach , take off all the badges , put REALLY dark tint on it , and make it a steath car ..

then police wont even see you because your being stealthy and all .. Works for those planes doesnt it???

Rolling Eyes

but then u cant open windows eyyy ?? unless u paint ur face and interior black too ! Laughing
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: number plate spray? Fri, 03 December 2004 03:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
people what r u doing?

the best thing Ive seen is in a movie called the transporter
u get a triangle shape so it will fit 3 different number plates then get a servo from a hobby shop and make it so it will have 3 settings e.g so when u push button 1 your plates r there button 2 dummy plate button 3 dummy plate. if eny 1 has a better way of moving the triangle round like a different motor tell me because Ive been working on this 4 about a year now a still cant find a good mechanism. thanks
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: number plate spray? Fri, 03 December 2004 03:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I think the triangle-palte thing was also in an old James Bond movie. In any event Puzzleman, your car (with those puzzle pieces) sorta stands out. Not too many other cars around that look like yours. Smile

seeyuzz
river
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: number plate spray? Fri, 03 December 2004 04:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes but its just cool 2 have.
my mate 1 did what he called a speed cam run he map out a route in Liverpool,Fairfield, area were there is over 12 cameras and went past them all (black skyline no plates) the vid is so funny. but i dont have a copy.
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: number plate spray? Fri, 03 December 2004 04:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Making fake number plates could be used for so much mischief.
Imagine the cops faces when they look at the speed camera photo's. A car clocked at over 200 km/ph, and instead of seeing a regular licence plate, they see "COPS R TOPS" in black and yellow, where the licence plate should be Smile

[Updated on: Fri, 03 December 2004 04:57]

4DaDrift
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: number plate spray? Fri, 03 December 2004 05:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bah just go down to your local constabulary and "borrow" their plates off the cars
they dont need them since their pigs and above the law now do they ?
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: number plate spray? Fri, 03 December 2004 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that reflective shit has been around for years,the cops know about them,they are illegal and are considered obstruction,the paint actually looks speckally and sticks out like dogs balls,on top of this they mostly worked on the old non digital comeras,the new ones will pick the lightest part of the picture and bring the colours out behind it,so most dont flash except for night time..
all in all not worth the risk Rolling Eyes
Dust
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: number plate spray? Fri, 03 December 2004 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There was an incident a few months back where these guys stopped at a sped camera, one guy talked tot he operator while others took his rear number plate, they then put it on there car and went thru the camera a few times, lol.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: number plate spray? Fri, 03 December 2004 23:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dust wrote on Fri, 03 December 2004 22:38

There was an incident a few months back where these guys stopped at a sped camera, one guy talked tot he operator while others took his rear number plate, they then put it on there car and went thru the camera a few times, lol.

mythtastic
joyride
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

January 2003
Re: number plate spray? Sat, 04 December 2004 06:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dust wrote on Fri, 03 December 2004 22:38

i read it on some forum too. cant remember if it was this one or not.
Chris_RA60
Regular

May 2002
Re: number plate spray? Sun, 05 December 2004 01:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've had cops shine a torch on my numberplate before to check if it was reflective.
This was on a stock RA60, but it had plastic numberplate covers
muaythaiman
Regular

August 2004
Re: number plate spray? Sun, 05 December 2004 06:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello. Hair spray doesnt work. I got snapped the same day i sprayed half a fucking can on. clear lacker doesnt work either. i can guarantee it. cleap plate covers dont work unless they r dirty and obstruct the plate. i doubt very much if that $70 shite works either.

but...............

one thing i know of does work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

remember at school you had those rulers that when you moved them the picture changed/???? you know the ones????? do ya? well, you used to be able to buy plate covers that are made out of that shit. so straight on the plate is visible, but when you look at it from an angle, the plate looks blurry.

yes, they are illegal, as with anything you do to obscure a plate. but i can guarantee that these are the only things that work.

cheers Rob
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: number plate spray? Sun, 05 December 2004 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
putting different plates on is definately the go, doesnt stand out at all, you just need to know you can get away from the cops when you have to!
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: number plate spray? Sun, 05 December 2004 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Les wrote on Thu, 02 December 2004 22:49

but then u cant open windows eyyy ?? unless u paint ur face and interior black too ! Laughing

Yeah!

and have no headlights - and drive around in the dark ..

Maybe close your eyes too cause if you close your eyes then NO ONE can see you!
ToyCam
Regular

April 2003
Re: number plate spray? Sun, 05 December 2004 23:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HOws this for an idea:
License plate sized LCD over your plates, hooked up to a switch in the cabin. flick the switch and plate goes black.
Or, have the LCD printed with extra lines eg. 0 becomes 8
It'll look like a normal plastic cover and will not be reflective.

cheers
Steve
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: number plate spray? Mon, 06 December 2004 07:02 Go to previous message
i would just like to reitterate that these ideas are NOT LEGAL

I'm sorry but for fear of some type of legal action, this thread has to be locked.

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
Previous Topic:3SGE into AE86
Next Topic:New toyota's
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 9 20:29:24 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0086400508880615 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.