Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Track Talk » Who will you bet on? Elantra 04 vs ST162 89 WhiteLightning

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

icon5.gif  Who will you bet on? Elantra 04 vs ST162 89 WhiteLightning Tue, 30 November 2004 22:18 Go to next message
Yo yo fellas hows things going?
as the topic stated, who will you bet for?

04 Elantra: 104kw

or

89 Celica ST162: 103kw

Reason i ask is that last time i nailed my mates Elantra, and now he wants to take revenge. He kept telling me before i bought my car "Mate, if you buy any car back in the 80's-90's its a POS AKA Piece of Shat"

well a couple of nights ago, i had a go at him to the speed limit 100km/h, and i beat him by 2-3car spaces.. he wasnt pleased. and i didnt even hit redline, ofcause i didnt tell him that Twisted Evil

Anyways, he is asking me for a re-match sometime next week. And he wants to go on some twists and corners as well as some straights.

Anythoughts?

I know the 162 has good handling, my car is also lowered a bit, with a secured heat shield pod, set of extractors, exhaust modifications. 2nd gen 3sge

His car is about stock with the intake of a pod. Not lowered.

Will be excited as i will be taking my car to the tracks soonish

[Updated on: Tue, 30 November 2004 22:19]

Send a private message to this user    
olihaub
Regular

July 2004
Re: Who will you bet on? Elantra 04 vs ST162 89 WhiteLightning Wed, 01 December 2004 01:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well just from the fact that he thinks anycar from the 80ies or 90ies is a pos i will go for the st162 cos its obvious he has absolutlely no fucking idea about cars (heance he probly cant drive for shit)
and also his car is a heavy MODERN POS hehehe
djcougar
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: Who will you bet on? Elantra 04 vs ST162 89 WhiteLightning Wed, 01 December 2004 01:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i will go for th st162

but dont disapoint us alliance! Very Happy Razz
olihaub
Regular

July 2004
Re: Who will you bet on? Elantra 04 vs ST162 89 WhiteLightning Wed, 01 December 2004 01:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah dont have another "lancer" incident Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Who will you bet on? Elantra 04 vs ST162 89 WhiteLightning Wed, 01 December 2004 01:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lowered != handle better
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Who will you bet on? Elantra 04 vs ST162 89 WhiteLightning Wed, 01 December 2004 02:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
meh elantra = shit. One of my friends parents have one and he says that my car is quieter than theres and the corona is pretty noisy. Can't see the stocko suspension beign any good either
SHEwiththe18RG
Regular

November 2004
Re: Who will you bet on? Elantra 04 vs ST162 89 WhiteLightning Wed, 01 December 2004 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i guess if it makes more noise than a corona its a shit car.... Rolling Eyes
if you spanked him before, you'll spank him again, unless of course his done something his not telling you about Razz
white83supra
Regular

March 2003

Re: Who will you bet on? Elantra 04 vs ST162 89 WhiteLightning Wed, 01 December 2004 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well a friend of mine was given an Elantra as a work car. We all thought it was nice enough, and the Excells seem to be still going ok. Get this, after 20,000 k's the computer packed it in twice!! Laughing cheap badly engineered shit.
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Who will you bet on? Elantra 04 vs ST162 89 WhiteLightning Wed, 01 December 2004 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the st162 would be my bet...if you get beaten, dont come back till you kick his ass Razz

Should be sweet, considering he doesnt seem to know shit about cars Surprised
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Who will you bet on? Elantra 04 vs ST162 89 WhiteLightning Wed, 01 December 2004 07:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im assuming the elantra is manual, i would have to go the celica, better handling, and performance in a straight line would be fairly close. With some work i think the Elantra could win, but for the moment i would go with the celica. Elantras weigh 1200kg btw.
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Who will you bet on? Elantra 04 vs ST162 89 WhiteLightning Wed, 01 December 2004 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alliance_22 wrote on Wed, 01 December 2004 08:18

Yo yo fellas hows things going?
as the topic stated, who will you bet for?

04 Elantra: 104kw

or

89 Celica ST162: 103kw

Reason i ask is that last time i nailed my mates Elantra, and now he wants to take revenge. He kept telling me before i bought my car "Mate, if you buy any car back in the 80's-90's its a POS AKA Piece of Shat"

well a couple of nights ago, i had a go at him to the speed limit 100km/h, and i beat him by 2-3car spaces.. he wasnt pleased. and i didnt even hit redline, ofcause i didnt tell him that Twisted Evil

Anyways, he is asking me for a re-match sometime next week. And he wants to go on some twists and corners as well as some straights.

Anythoughts?

I know the 162 has good handling, my car is also lowered a bit, with a secured heat shield pod, set of extractors, exhaust modifications. 2nd gen 3sge

His car is about stock with the intake of a pod. Not lowered.

Will be excited as i will be taking my car to the tracks soonish

Twists and corners eh?

Shit man, just make sure you're nowhere near him when he understeers / flies off the road.
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: Who will you bet on? Elantra 04 vs ST162 89 WhiteLightning Thu, 02 December 2004 00:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LOL GOOD NEWS

Well we decided to have the go yesterday, first we did a drag, won by 3 car spaces. Very Happy he was on the lead at 1st gear, seeing all that black smoke lol.... then 2nd gear for him while i was still in first till TVIS gave in, then by the end of 2nd gear i was 1/2 car in front, by 3rd, i was about 1 car in front and at the end of 3rd i was about 1.5 car in front.... needless to say by the end of 4th gear at speeds exceeding the 120km/h + both gave up due to road rules, but yeah.... i thought the elantra was a tad stroner than the 162 anyhow... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Kill

Next was the contest of cornering, downhill:

as Apolo said

Quote:

Shit man, just make sure you're nowhere near him when he understeers / flies off the road.

He was quite right, i let him take the lead, by the 2nd corner, i learned to stay a good 1.5-2 cars away from him, since he was struggling to stay in one lane lol.... it seems like the 162 have less steering than my R31, but cornering was so stable, no sliding out what so ever.

After about 10 or so hair pins, we swaped lead, so i was in front. we didnt do the, who ever overtake wins, because we are talkin road racing, which isnt safe, so we decided who ever cant keep up wins. Anyays to shorten things.... after the 5th corner, i got a phone call from him saying 'lets quit i cant keep up' lol

PWNED by a 89 car was what i said lol

although when i drove his car, it wasnt really THAT bad in cornering, but no where near as good as my R31 (WHICH IS SHAT) and nothing close to my 162.

Anyways, I DIDNT DISAPPOINT!!

Quote:

I DID NOT DISAPPOINT

the St162 family after all Very Happy Very Happy
djcougar
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: Who will you bet on? Elantra 04 vs ST162 89 WhiteLightning Thu, 02 December 2004 01:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
glad to hear it alliance
you would of got shunned if you didnt win Very Happy Razz
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Who will you bet on? Elantra 04 vs ST162 89 WhiteLightning Thu, 02 December 2004 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good to hear he didn't wipe himself or anyone else out and knew when to quit. Smile

Now you can tell him he could have gotten a st164 or 204 instead of that hyundai. Very Happy AND had change left.
Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: Who will you bet on? Elantra 04 vs ST162 89 WhiteLightning Thu, 02 December 2004 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
go the fuckin st162 Very Happy fuk man if u no how to push ya car to limit and not worry bout reving the shit outta it u can kill heaps of things especially any cheap fuckin korean rice crap that fell outta a cereal box Razz good work champ on the win,
cheers Cool
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: Who will you bet on? Elantra 04 vs ST162 89 WhiteLightning Thu, 02 December 2004 22:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks everyone for the support, when i was going at him, all i can think about is you guys holding a shotgun to my head waiting for that moment when i loose Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

But seriously guys, thanks for the encouragement! i feel a lot better now after that lancer incident Smile and a bit of boost in confidence at least Very Happy

But still, i want to go to the tracks and meet more lancers... Strange thing is, they're never any normal lancers on the tracks.... all i see is Silvias, Skylines, Turenos, Levins, Evolutions.... Supras and a few Celica GT4s...

i'd love to see you all soon.... we need to cruize brossss!!

CK
olihaub
Regular

July 2004
Re: Who will you bet on? Elantra 04 vs ST162 89 WhiteLightning Thu, 02 December 2004 22:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alliance_22 wrote on Fri, 03 December 2004 09:08

Thanks everyone for the support, when i was going at him, all i can think about is you guys holding a shotgun to my head waiting for that moment when i loose Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

But seriously guys, thanks for the encouragement! i feel a lot better now after that lancer incident Smile and a bit of boost in confidence at least Very Happy

But still, i want to go to the tracks and meet more lancers... Strange thing is, they're never any normal lancers on the tracks.... all i see is Silvias, Skylines, Turenos, Levins, Evolutions.... Supras and a few Celica GT4s...

i'd love to see you all soon.... we need to cruize brossss!!

CK

thats cos they are all ricer boys who dont know how to drive to a track cos its not near church street george street or norton street Laughing Laughing
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: Who will you bet on? Elantra 04 vs ST162 89 WhiteLightning Thu, 02 December 2004 22:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

thats cos they are all ricer boys who dont know how to drive to a track cos its not near church street george street or norton street Very Happy Very Happy

HAHAHAHAHAH.... Well SAID! George street is always full of ose with ricer wings and bonnets and all those slick bits..... what really makes me laugh is that i never see one of those ricers in any parking slot "under cover". I wonder if its because of their rice sideskirt which causes problems over speed humps... since i rekon they didnt have the knowledge to lower the car.. Very Happy might as well make it look like its lowered LOL Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil
djcougar
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: Who will you bet on? Elantra 04 vs ST162 89 WhiteLightning Fri, 03 December 2004 01:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bah! george street on a saturday night is a BIG NO NO!!
ive been down that road and it is just completely packed by faggets with there parents cars, or there parents buying there cars.

ive seen a few nice cars, but very rarely
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Who will you bet on? Elantra 04 vs ST162 89 WhiteLightning Fri, 03 December 2004 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm ...

im glad i wasnt anywhere near the both u two while you were racing on public roads Rolling Eyes
TitMeat
Regular

August 2004
Re: Who will you bet on? Elantra 04 vs ST162 89 WhiteLightning Fri, 03 December 2004 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tell your mate to go trade his gay hyundi in and buy a st162 ... or drive it off a cliff
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Who will you bet on? Elantra 04 vs ST162 89 WhiteLightning Fri, 03 December 2004 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Anyways, I DIDNT DISAPPOINT!!

*phew* *wipes sweat off brow*

and btw, easy on the public roads.. you scratch the 162 the toymods community will be MAD

Wink
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Who will you bet on? Elantra 04 vs ST162 89 WhiteLightning Fri, 03 December 2004 14:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im not gonna comment.

allright then I cant help myself. ITS ABOUT TIME.

was waiting for you kick somebody's ass,

NOW...where that fucken Lancer. Razz
Rabsy86
Regular

October 2004
Re: Who will you bet on? Elantra 04 vs ST162 89 WhiteLightning Fri, 03 December 2004 22:00 Go to previous message
Congrts Chopin Smile.... Your car does pull hard man... When you took me for that drive around the block... It pulls yah off ur seat Smile.... Hey we need another criuse.... Come on guys... Whos up for it Smile

[Updated on: Fri, 03 December 2004 22:00]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:11 sec Gtr (soon maybe to be 10's)
Next Topic:those bloody hondas!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 18:17:27 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0073080062866211 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.