Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » scam telstra....

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
scam telstra.... Thu, 02 December 2004 03:02 Go to next message
This was forwarded to me, so send it on Very Happy

Anyone contemplating using the Sensis directory service number, 1234,

DON'T!

Sensis, as you may or may not know, is a subsidiary of Telstra. The 1234
number is replacing the Telstra 12456 directory assistance number, but this
time with outrageous costs attached: 40c to call the number, then 4c A
SECOND! With this sort of pricing structure in place, it's no wonder so many
Australians hold Telstra in the same regard as the major banks.

By law, Telstra have to provide a FREE directory assistance number, because
they are still majority owned by the government. They choose however not to
pass this number on to the public. What's the number?

Thumbs up to Telstra for finding a way to charge for a service that is
supposed to be provided for free.

Of course, feel free to forward this on.
  Send a private message to this user    
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: scam telstra.... Thu, 02 December 2004 03:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive always used 1223 Surprised didnt know the others existed.

Then again, i hate telstra with a passion and never going back to them Razz
sated
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: scam telstra.... Thu, 02 December 2004 03:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think it might be time to swap mobile service providers.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: scam telstra.... Thu, 02 December 2004 05:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah they are cnuts thats for sure Mad
FKN16V
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: scam telstra.... Thu, 02 December 2004 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im sure Telstra had there bad days, the same as any other company, but do you know why Telstra charge more then everybody else.

Because they do all the line work, all the repairs,thats why, if some idiot digs a hole to big and fuks up telephone lines telstra fix it, not Optus, not vodafone, not AAPT, Telstra thats who.

Sure enough they have some silly policies and hidden fund sourcing that everybody may not know about, but so do other companies.

Ive had my rant
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: scam telstra.... Thu, 02 December 2004 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've worked for telstra wholesale, and I'll vouch for that. *ALL* line maintenance is telstra's responsibility - and the reason why telstra charges all other carriers extra to connect is becuase it actually custs telstra more to connect the line! (because, to ensure the line works as often as possible first time, telstra wholesale sends techs more often than retail)

and as for phones - most telstra employees are with AAPT ... what does that tell ya? Smile
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: scam telstra.... Thu, 02 December 2004 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm sure I called 1234 from a payphone a few weeks ago, (it was some number there on the booth listed as directory assistance), for when I needed to know the number to call the RACQ. After the call, it spat all my money back out. Didn't cost me anything.
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: scam telstra.... Thu, 02 December 2004 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FKN16V,ur are sort of right mate,but no matter who you are with OPTUS,PRIMUS etc you pay line rental($30-$60 per line),this line rental all goes to Telstra! Alot of telco companies have set up their own infrastructure cutting out Telstra all together,such as Macqurie Corporate,primus etc and have still been able to cut their line rental by halve,so if a new company that hasnt yet reeped the rewards of its own infrastructure can price their line rental at half of Telstra's its a pretty safe bet bigT is covering costs,not to mention alot of the so called other telco companies are actually just carriers of the same telstra product bought in bulk at a certain rate and then discounted to their customers..so to say telstra isnt always making money or deserves to charge what it does and has in the past is fukked...in the next 20-30 years there will not be much of telstra left as by then most of the big wigs would have laid enough cable Laughing to cut them out of the mix altogether.Telstra know this and that is why they are clutching at the few strings they have like home messagebank 101 and callback services..Aight
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: scam telstra.... Thu, 02 December 2004 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
got newsd for ya buddy
over 90% of macquarie corporate's lines go through telstra wholesale
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: scam telstra.... Thu, 02 December 2004 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no shite Rolling Eyes they were the first to exploit the system,but if you know ya shit after the big court case after taxing a certain gov account they went ahead and started to lay cable.
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: scam telstra.... Fri, 03 December 2004 07:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I layed a big cable this morning Very Happy
The Count
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: scam telstra.... Fri, 03 December 2004 07:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
those bastards Mad

ripping everyone off
MFX_Neko_86
Forums Junkie

September 2004

Re: scam telstra.... Fri, 03 December 2004 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Telstra are easy to rip off...

There was a 'scam' running a while back, that lasted for about a year before they caught on and turned divert off... people would have gotten thousands of dollars worth of free calls... that was one reason why i chose telstra prepaid, then when they switched divert off i jumped back to vodaphone...
skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: scam telstra.... Fri, 03 December 2004 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
old_mr2 wrote on Fri, 03 December 2004 18:37

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: scam telstra.... Fri, 03 December 2004 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1GGTE wrote on Thu, 02 December 2004 11:02

They choose however not to
pass this number on to the public. What's the number?

I work for Telstra Directory Assistance. This line is a load of shit. People who don't know about this number need there f'ing eyes checked. The 1223 service is the same as 013 was before, they just changed the number to bring it into line with their other ones.
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: scam telstra.... Fri, 03 December 2004 16:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MFX_Neko_86 wrote on Fri, 03 December 2004 20:13

Telstra are easy to rip off...

There was a 'scam' running a while back, that lasted for about a year before they caught on and turned divert off... people would have gotten thousands of dollars worth of free calls... that was one reason why i chose telstra prepaid, then when they switched divert off i jumped back to vodaphone...

Optus all the way! Optus prepaid to Optus prepaid is FREE 24/7.
Each time you recharge you get the amount of money you paid x 10 in free chat time minutes. So recharge $30 and you get 300 minutes to use whenever you like and however you like. It's calculated per-second as well. Very Happy

Telstra are so dodgy. They are meant to provide a list to other companies that lets them know which areas have the infastructure for cable/broadband.
In PC User I read that this guy called up a smaller company and was told broadband was not yet available in his area. He'd been calling companies for around 2 months. He then decided to try Telstra. Guess what? Telstra tell him he CAN get broadband access in his area. "Great!" he thinks. He calls the company with the better deal but oh no, what's this? The company tells him broadband isn't in his area yet.
Turns out that Telstra purposely didn't provide these companies with the phone numbers of homes that could get broadband access. They wait until they have a majority of customers and THEN release the list. By that time however, there are few customers left.
The guy rang up Telstra and they offered to give him free cable for 18 months and increase his download limit to way higher than what ordinary people pay if he agreed not to tell anyone. He obviously didn't agree and Telstra refused to give him service.
I doubt many people would have refused the deal. It's just too good. This is the real world and it would've saved someone so much money. This is why it's so hard to fight the big boys.
joyride
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

January 2003
Re: scam telstra.... Sat, 04 December 2004 01:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
skellator wrote on Fri, 03 December 2004 20:55

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

am i thinking what you're thinking?
skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: scam telstra.... Sat, 04 December 2004 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joyride wrote on Sat, 04 December 2004 12:25

well if ur thinking what im thinking and im thinking what ur thinking, which is thinking what im thinking, then i think ull think that many other ppl are thinking what were thinking Razz
MFX_Neko_86
Forums Junkie

September 2004

Re: scam telstra.... Sat, 04 December 2004 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
huh?
muaythaiman
Regular

August 2004
Re: scam telstra.... Sat, 04 December 2004 13:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

doesnt cost u n e thing if you dont get connected. old news

[Updated on: Sat, 04 December 2004 13:57]

joyride
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

January 2003
Re: scam telstra.... Sat, 04 December 2004 21:34 Go to previous message
skellator wrote on Sat, 04 December 2004 22:04

joyride wrote on Sat, 04 December 2004 12:25

well if ur thinking what im thinking and im thinking what ur thinking, which is thinking what im thinking, then i think ull think that many other ppl are thinking what were thinking Razz

HAHAHA
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Good Yum Cha
Next Topic:Name of PS2 Cheat CD?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 2 07:52:47 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0081181526184082 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.