Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 2004 Corolla Sportivo - Tune Up Options

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
sportivo_Corolla
Occasional Poster

December 2004
2004 Corolla Sportivo - Tune Up Options Fri, 03 December 2004 08:09 Go to next message
Hello Forum,

I recently purchased the above mentioned car after being a long time nissan man. Anyway I was wondering what sort of bolt-on options there may be available, extractors, exhaust, Air filters.

As it is a company car I am a little restricted as to what mods I can do.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
  Send a private message to this user    
aLPiNesTaRs
Occasional Poster

July 2004
Re: 2004 Corolla Sportivo - Tune Up Options Fri, 03 December 2004 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
zorst system, xtractors, air-filter, chip it, mmm dont know ne other options
J-AE86
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: 2004 Corolla Sportivo - Tune Up Options Fri, 03 December 2004 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have seen a car at liverpool exhaust with a bolt on supercharger thats pretty impressive
sportivo_Corolla
Occasional Poster

December 2004
Re: 2004 Corolla Sportivo - Tune Up Options Sat, 04 December 2004 04:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for your feedback, I suppose more specifically does anyone have one of these cars and what have they actually done to enhance the performance. IE K&N or Uni Filter, Brand Name exhaust system or custom made. Thanks again for any help.
jase
Regular

May 2002
Re: 2004 Corolla Sportivo - Tune Up Options Sat, 04 December 2004 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://cust.idl.com.au/jase4474/skinnyairfeed.JPG

remove this restriction - get ~8hp peak.

Panel filter may get you a bit more - CAI's have shown to be worthwhile.

Don't just get any exhaust on it. With a poorly matched system they have been shown to go worse not better. Pick something with dyno proof.
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: 2004 Corolla Sportivo - Tune Up Options Sun, 05 December 2004 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
speak to screaminrolla, hes your man.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: 2004 Corolla Sportivo - Tune Up Options Sun, 05 December 2004 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Friend has a celica with the 1.8 vvti-l motor and he had the usual exhaust pod filter and he also has a power fc computer which he got tuned to change the switchover point to 5grand seemed to work well.
Jonny2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 2004 Corolla Sportivo - Tune Up Options Sun, 05 December 2004 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Please consider: The 2ZZ-GE is probably the best N/A motor Toyota have ever produced. Over 100hp per liter! It would be an improvement over the 4A-GE 20valve, and I think a little more advanced than the 3S-GE beams motor. It would be equivelent to the Honda S2000 motor and things like that, in terms of power per liter for a N/A motor. The "VVTi-L" badge is a bit missleading, and not realy the best name for the system. The cam/rocker setup is mostly copied from the Honda VTEC system where you have two seperate cam profiles on each cam, very different to all other Toyota "VVTi" systems. To me, the difference in duration is more important than the difference in lift, but the 2ZZ-GE has both with the seperate cam profile. The 3S-GE Beams motor is "duel VVT" where each cam can be rotated to change the lobe center and overlap, but the duration is still fixed. In addition to the VTEC system, the 2ZZ-GE also has the now common VVTi setup where the intake cam can be rotated also to change lobe center angle and overlap.

Generaly speaking, if keeping the engine N/A there is not much more you can do to the 2ZZ-GE. It already has high compression, light flywheel, ok exhaust system. I havn't fully resurched everything, but on inspection most of these parts look ok. I doubt a different air filter would make any difference, and slightly different air ducting may, but I doubt it. To get more power you really have to lift the rev limit a bit more and get different camshafts with even more duration. So its new camshafts and computer, and tuning.

Stock they have about 180hp or a tad more. Modifyed with big cams I would expect over 200hp wouldn't be too hard. (Who makes cams for these?) Consider that people can get about 200hp out of a 1.6 4A-GE with big cams, about 320/305 degrees I guess. Also consider they can only get 240hp out of a Formula Atlantic motor, so you will be coming up against a big wall of money getting towards those figures.

Or a supercharger/turbo kit... The compression will need to be lowered, chipped or different computer...

[Updated on: Sun, 05 December 2004 12:03]

ScreaminRolla
Regular

October 2003
Re: 2004 Corolla Sportivo - Tune Up Options Sun, 05 December 2004 21:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
On my car i have a TRD CAI and a light weight flywheel, both of these have made good improvements. There is a company in Qld that makes a exhaust for the sportivo with gains of about 9kw at the wheels. As for computer i dont think the power fc is compatible with the sportivo, i have just purchased a unichip which should be installed soon hopefully with a good gain.
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: 2004 Corolla Sportivo - Tune Up Options Mon, 06 December 2004 01:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
With my ZZT231, I am thinking of getting a TRD Cat back Exhaust from the states, it makes the car rev a little quicker to the red line, it has a nice note. It is expensive...

Though the option is there.

Cheers.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: 2004 Corolla Sportivo - Tune Up Options Mon, 06 December 2004 03:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey screaminrolla saw your car on queen street today I was the clown outsied the chemist in the holden shirt staring at your car, notest thje sportivo thought hmm those mags look familiar then saw the toymods stciker on your back window as you drove off, car looks sweet.
ScreaminRolla
Regular

October 2003
Re: 2004 Corolla Sportivo - Tune Up Options Mon, 06 December 2004 03:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok cool i didnt even notice i was probablly to busy looking at other things
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: 2004 Corolla Sportivo - Tune Up Options Mon, 06 December 2004 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jonny2TG wrote on Sun, 05 December 2004 23:02

The "VVTi-L" badge is a bit missleading, and not realy the best name for the system. The cam/rocker setup is mostly copied from the Honda VTEC system where you have two seperate cam profiles on each cam, very different to all other Toyota "VVTi" systems.

Or a supercharger/turbo kit... The compression will need to be lowered, chipped or different computer...

Just a bit off topic but does the name really matter.

There are good gains to be made by going the n/a route and it is more insurance friendly (especially for the age challenged) but there is no reason y u cant run low boosted applications on these motors as with any n/a motor. Yes the comp is a little high but just look at s2000 that run supercharges on completly standard motors using 8psi they make the factory stated power at the engine at the wheels.

The trick is setting up the support systems arround the motor like fuel, computer and good tuning.

Remember these engines are made to rev to 8-9 thousand rpm all the time they arent weak motors.
Stretch
Regular

November 2004
Re: 2004 Corolla Sportivo - Tune Up Options Tue, 07 December 2004 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
their is a specific toyota (cant remember which one) but they sell trd superchargers for your sportivo which is a bolt on for about $2500 i think, could be wrong it could be more. hope thats any good 4 u.
sportivo_Corolla
Occasional Poster

December 2004
Re: 2004 Corolla Sportivo - Tune Up Options Tue, 07 December 2004 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for all the help Guys. I get it this Friday, apparently it's the last new one in NSW. Looking forward to it.
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: 2004 Corolla Sportivo - Tune Up Options Thu, 09 December 2004 10:35 Go to previous message
i believe the bolt on TRD supercharger kit is for the 1ZZ not the 2ZZ.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4a-gze for rolla hatch
Next Topic:Circuit open relay
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 4 05:20:32 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0054280757904053 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.