Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 4agze sucking intercooler pipe in

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
4agze sucking intercooler pipe in Sat, 04 December 2004 12:41 Go to next message
Hello, lately i've been helping a friend fit a 4agze to their T18.

I pretty much just did the wiring.. Anyhow, he started it up for the first time this afternoon and said to me that when its idleing the rubber join in the intercooler piping (has a front mount) gets sucked in.

When he revs the engine it goes back to normal, so only sucking it in on idle.

I just want to check if this is normal or not? I did the wiring so worried maybe something wrong with the SC clutch wiring ?

Thanks
Joel
  Send a private message to this user    
db__
Regular

August 2004
Re: 4agze sucking intercooler pipe in Sat, 04 December 2004 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey mate,

A friend of mine had a GZE put into his AE82, and i remember seeing the same effect on the piping. Now, he had an issue at first where the SC was not wired correctly and i can't remember if this piping bulge was before or after it was fixed...
c2888
Regular

May 2002

Re: 4agze sucking intercooler pipe in Sat, 04 December 2004 15:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had a similar problem, although mine was a rubber elbow. It would suck in, and then when i went WOT slowly it wouldn't unpop and the supercharger wouldn't engage. So what i've done temporarily is put a length of metal tube inside to hold it apart. (temp for 6 months now) Very Happy

Anywhere between the throttle and engine should be under vacuum at idle. I'd say it's normal, if it bugs you get some springs inside the hose, or those hump type silicon joiners.

dodgydan
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: 4agze sucking intercooler pipe in Sat, 04 December 2004 17:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Revs = boost = +ve pressure = bulging pipes
at idle no boost so pipe will get sucked in.

you could just replace it with some metal pipe and silicon joins. or if you can find the right rubber hose with the wire reinforcement you could do that too
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 4agze sucking intercooler pipe in Sat, 04 December 2004 21:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks guys, yeah I think we will shorten the joins quite considerably as the one being sucked in is like 15cm long. I'm glad to hear its quite normal.

Is there any easy way to confirm the clutch on the SC is working correctly? Like a vac guage would tell you this I suppose?

CHeers
Joel
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 4agze sucking intercooler pipe in Sat, 04 December 2004 21:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh yeah also.. Do any of you guys still have 4agze engines? We are a bit confused about where a few of the pipes go (mainly vac hoses but some larger ones as well). I thought if someone has a 4agze they might not mind if we sent a few pics or gave you a call while standing infront of the engine and help us find the homes of the pipes?

Thanks
Joel
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: 4agze sucking intercooler pipe in Sat, 04 December 2004 23:37 Go to previous message
joel - what in particular do u need to know? i sat down and worked out EVERY vacuum line on the 4A-GZE and even drew me a dodgy diagram.

so ask away.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Timing problem
Next Topic:wheel studs too short
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 06:34:42 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0045790672302246 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.