Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » How much ower does the 3S-GTE give?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

How much ower does the 3S-GTE give? Fri, 03 December 2004 02:52 Go to next message
Hey guys and galz,

Just thinking how much PWR do the 3S-GTE's give out? do you guys think its more efficient and simpler by doing an engine swap in my ST162 or perhaps bolt a turbo on?

This will be my future mod, but just want to see where everyone's heading

I've got a 2nd gen 3sge already from an SW20mr2... so im thinking which might be best.

Chopin

[Updated on: Sun, 05 December 2004 22:34]

Send a private message to this user    
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: How much ower does the 3S-GTE give? Fri, 03 December 2004 03:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bolt on == p00
buying GTE == teh win
buying a ST165/185/205 == teh uber win
SilverGhost
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: How much ower does the 3S-GTE give? Fri, 03 December 2004 04:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rob_RA40 wrote on Fri, 03 December 2004 14:34

bolt on == p00
buying GTE == teh win
buying a ST165/185/205 == teh uber win

tru dat....

in all honesty bolt on is a pain in the ass...you gotta think about compression, manifolds, management, looms, mounts, cooling, intercooling...

the best option apart from buying a gt4 is making a gt2 buy getting either a 3sgte with WTA intercooler (unless your going FMIC then get any 3sgte you want) or adapting your bonnet with the neccesary scoop for the top mount ATA...

reccomend just getting a gt4, will most likely be cheaper in the long run and then you can go on cruises with us Razz

djcougar
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: How much ower does the 3S-GTE give? Fri, 03 December 2004 05:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i suggest steer right away from putting turbo on your car, its not nescsary, it will just cause you alot of pain and greith, just try and make your car the fastest NA st162 out there if your really up for a challenge
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: How much ower does the 3S-GTE give? Fri, 03 December 2004 08:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How much power do u want it to put out???
thats the question.

My target is 220fwkw.

Yes it will require a rebuild, coilpacks, microtech, bigger turbo, etc

As you can see in my signiture i got 108kw at the last dyno day, and it was running way too rich.
Aust162
Regular

April 2004
Re: How much ower does the 3S-GTE give? Fri, 03 December 2004 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey draza my 1/4mile time is 0.1 sec faster than yours! Razz
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: How much ower does the 3S-GTE give? Fri, 03 December 2004 21:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SW20 motor, so its the gen 3 3sgte yea. It should do alot better than a 15.1sec 1/4. Still good work.
I worked out the problem that i had with my last run, the BOV was hitting the bonnet and i was losing psi.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: How much ower does the 3S-GTE give? Fri, 03 December 2004 21:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its a gen2 Draza Wink

But yeah as for how much power does a 3sgte make - a better question is how deep is your pockets ..

Like draza im aiming for the 200 - 220 AWKW ( which is alot harder to make thru AWD chassis) which means close to 280 odd KW at the flywheel

I just need that bigger turbo and fuel pump and i ashould see better number soon
Aust162
Regular

April 2004
Re: How much ower does the 3S-GTE give? Sat, 04 December 2004 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah sw20 = gen2.i wasn't too happy with the results.. and for some reason ( i think i know what it is..) my car only goes to 6psi now. makes 5psi, then creeps to 6... Confused
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: How much ower does the 3S-GTE give? Sat, 04 December 2004 21:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
classique71, yours will be alot better with the 4WD. Mad

200 isn't to hard to make. I have a basic tuners guide that says the mods needed to get it to 150, 200 and 240+ at the treads. And that would be for the 4WD's, so if i do the mods for the 200 i should be able to get about 220.

Aust162, you should be able to increase it to about 8-9psi before you need to change anything to compensate. Boost cut is at 10psi(if i remember correctly) on the standard ecu.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: How much ower does the 3S-GTE give? Sun, 05 December 2004 00:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ive got the zoom guide Smile

their figures are a bit optimistic , trust me Wink

ive done 90% of the mods for the 200 KW mark they set - but should see better results once the intercoolers in + the boost can be safely raised

Main things holding me back at current are obviously the stock turbo + injectors ..

The rest of the gears there to crack the magical 200KW markand nods 4wd does help with getting that power down - though the drivetrain losses suffer a fair bit more havibng to drive that extra diff + weight
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: How much ower does the 3S-GTE give? Sun, 05 December 2004 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yea i use the zoom guide as only a guide for things required.

Till you've done the upgrades to all parts required, the car is only as strong or as powerful as its weakest part.

Yes the drive train loses and weight of the GT4 will mean you'll need to get more power to get the out come you want.

I'm gonna have to flare my guards to get more grip. I wanna be able to get 245's on the front for steet driving and 265's for dragging.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: How much ower does the 3S-GTE give? Sun, 05 December 2004 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
was watching the jamboree today on speedweek - the finalish Front wheel drive winner did a 13.2 or something ..

i think your celica when done should be able to give that a scare Smile
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: How much ower does the 3S-GTE give? Sun, 05 December 2004 21:36 Go to previous message
Yea alot of those drag comps have turbo'ed rice boxes in the FWD category, and not alot competition.

Once mine is done i'll probally have some one at one of those drag comps offer sponsorship.......yea i wish.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Engine conversion for mazda 929? 1JZ, 2JZ or 1UZFE?
Next Topic:Hilux 1g-gte engine mounts
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 06:10:10 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0059340000152588 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.