Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Need help with finding a Supercharged aw11 mr2 clutch???

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Need help with finding a Supercharged aw11 mr2 clutch??? Sun, 05 December 2004 06:07 Go to next message
I have to take my gearbox off my engine and i figure its worth upgrading the clutch as i am not happy with my daiken heavy duty.
I am looking at getting a clutch thats able to take 200rwkw as i am going to do a turbo conversion and was wanting to know if anyone could reccommend a workshop or specific product?

[Updated on: Sun, 05 December 2004 07:18]

Send a private message to this user    
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Need help with finding a Supercharged aw11 mr2 clutch??? Sun, 05 December 2004 07:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I bought an exceedy brass button with spings for my 4agte. I asked the same thng when i bought mine (2oorwkw)

Dont know if thats what you are after but....worth a try i guess.
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: Need help with finding a Supercharged aw11 mr2 clutch??? Sun, 05 December 2004 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
weve got an excedy ceramic 4puck in the aw11... not gze but grabs great. you can drop it as hard as you like and it holds up no probs. isnt quite a nasty to drive around town like the metal clutch
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Need help with finding a Supercharged aw11 mr2 clutch??? Sun, 05 December 2004 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cheers how much did the exeedy cost ya?
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: Need help with finding a Supercharged aw11 mr2 clutch??? Sun, 05 December 2004 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cost $530iirc. including new uprated pressure plate, fly wheel machine and new bearing. that was at mates rates everyone else quotes me around the $680 mark for the same gear.

much nicer to use then the metal plate metal just feels too harsh on the street. the ceramic you can almost forget you have it in there until you give it a 7k dump and it just grabs.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Need help with finding a Supercharged aw11 mr2 clutch??? Sun, 05 December 2004 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im just wondering if it would be able to support 200rw kw

[Updated on: Sun, 05 December 2004 09:48]

THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Need help with finding a Supercharged aw11 mr2 clutch??? Sun, 05 December 2004 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
with the size of the GZE flywheel vs the torque they put out, a DECENT full face organic clutch with heavy presure plate should be able to hold up to your "200rwkW".

Talk to Nick's Clutch in Brisbane...
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Need help with finding a Supercharged aw11 mr2 clutch??? Sun, 05 December 2004 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THE WITZL wrote on Sun, 05 December 2004 22:58

Talk to Nick's Clutch in Brisbane...

Or he could support the forum sponsors......
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Need help with finding a Supercharged aw11 mr2 clutch??? Sun, 05 December 2004 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pittwater Brake and Clutch unfortunately are no longer a forum sponsor, as the previous owner sold out to another person.

They do still however give a discount to Toymods Car Club members.

I only recomended Nick's (aka NPC) as they have a wealth of experience with 4A-GE and 4A-GZE clutches and some quality service - even over the phone.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Need help with finding a Supercharged aw11 mr2 clutch??? Tue, 07 December 2004 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanx for all the help guys i ended up calling exeedy and they reccomended their nsk7411sc which is a ceramic button clutch. They said was rated at 360hp which is more than enuf for what i need but better safe than sorry. I know that the button will be fun at lights and for hill starts but hey atleast it shouldnt slip. Cost me 700 bucks for the kit with new pressure plate and bearing

[Updated on: Tue, 07 December 2004 06:13]

toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: Need help with finding a Supercharged aw11 mr2 clutch??? Tue, 07 December 2004 08:05 Go to previous message
that would be the same as the one weve got. but obvisouly to suit gze. both myself and erin are very happy with it. at first it was pretty nasty to drive but give it about a fortnight of normal driving and it softened up nicely. now it grabs hard as if you let it go but it is comfortable enough to be able to drive around town without swearing at it.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:202 lifters ?
Next Topic:AE82 Internal Fan issues
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 15 08:42:07 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0042650699615479 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.