Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Mobilise the Toymods army!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
icon3.gif  Mobilise the Toymods army! Tue, 16 November 2004 04:22 Go to next message
I swear I'm giving up after this last dig. If I'm defeated by Lenso again I'll just buy a set of buddy club P6 rims, or the Black Racing rip-off (honest).

If everyone can PLEEEEZ email/ring a Lenso-selling wheel+tyre store, and ask for a set of Lenso "VPD" wheels, in 17x7" ? Whatever colour you want, whatever stud pattern fits your car. Tell 'em that if they can't find any in stock, can they please ask their Lenso rep to find out when they're in production next?

It doesn't matter if you don't like 'em, it doesn't matter if you've already got rims. I just need the message to get back up the line to Lenso that they should make a batch ! ! If they ring you back in a couple of months and say "we've got rims coming for you" - just tell 'em you needed wheels + tyres pronto - and got something else! They only cost $230/rim retail, so they won't exactly break a store if they sit in the showroom for a year. I've seen a sweet set of O.Z. Racing Superleggras ($800 odd each) sit in a tyre store for 18 months, and counting!

Don't blame me if you should find yourself unable to resist paying only $230 for a wheel weighing only 16 lbs. After all, the Buddy Club's weigh in at 17lbs, and cost $120 more EACH ! !

I mean C'mon - look at 'em . . . .
http://www.geocities.com/daranthach/jpgs/wheels/axis-lenso-vpd17.jpg
http://www.club240.com/registry/users/JeromeS13/images/lg_tein%20018%20(Small).jpg
http://www.club240.com/registry/users/JeromeS13/mods/lg_bumper%20002%20(Small).jpg
http://www.nissanperformancemag.com/july01/images/axis14.jpg
http://www.nissansilvia.co.nz/members/S13Dave/dave2.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/daranthach/jpgs/wheels/axis-lenso-vpd.jpg

thanks ma peeps - much appreciated.
  Send a private message to this user    
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Mobilise the Toymods army! Tue, 16 November 2004 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll ring my local store for you... Smile

So im looking for Lenso VPD's in 17x7 in my offset and hub...

It's worth a try...
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Mobilise the Toymods army! Tue, 16 November 2004 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok - have you seen the for sale section recently ?

wagonist has a set of OZ racing 5 spokers - but in 16 inch - going for sale for around the 1200 dollar mark ..

do you NEED 17 inches ? if not - why not get these - save yourself a crapload and have the genuine wheels , not take offs ..

[Updated on: Tue, 16 November 2004 08:17]

st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Mobilise the Toymods army! Wed, 17 November 2004 23:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks 79 Rollaboy. -much appreciated.

It took me a while to find that thread Classique, and yeah - that's just about the only set of 16" wheels on the planet I'd go for (or the 16" O.Z. Chrono evolution). Sadly, I ain't got a widebody like you GT4 wielding bastards. There's no way I'm getting 8" wide wheels under my little guards ! !

Every tyre store I've spoken too sez I'd probably get fouling with 7.5" wheels and 225 width tyres, so 8" and 235+ is WAY out of the question. Thanks though.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Mobilise the Toymods army! Wed, 17 November 2004 23:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds to me you need to upgrade to a Gt4 then ! Wink
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Mobilise the Toymods army! Wed, 17 November 2004 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nahh.. . My next set of wheels will be RWD. I know someone who imports NEAT R33 GTS-T's for under $20k, which'll be sweet with $3->5k of mods to the engine + front mount intercooler.

[Updated on: Wed, 17 November 2004 23:55]

79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Mobilise the Toymods army! Thu, 18 November 2004 00:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The guy was a dick and said theres nothing he can do...

He said he cant order wheels that arent being made anymore...
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
icon14.gif  Re: Mobilise the Toymods army! Thu, 18 November 2004 00:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks anyway bro.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Mobilise the Toymods army! Thu, 18 November 2004 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pfft GTS!

surpa celica or mr2 turbo Wink

there IS no GTS

hehehe
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Mobilise the Toymods army! Thu, 18 November 2004 01:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
st184 sillycar wrote on Thu, 18 November 2004 07:55

NEAT R33 GTS-T's for under $20k,

*WOW!* Just like everybody else! Laughing
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Mobilise the Toymods army! Thu, 18 November 2004 01:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$20k for a skyline? spend half that and get a car faster than a skyline Laughing
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Mobilise the Toymods army! Thu, 18 November 2004 01:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And WAY more unique.
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Mobilise the Toymods army! Thu, 18 November 2004 02:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*jumps on bandwagon*

get a jza70! spank the pants off a r33 gtst!
RA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Mobilise the Toymods army! Thu, 18 November 2004 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bah!

there's always a few 10 second torana's for $10K Wink

Tim.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Mobilise the Toymods army! Thu, 18 November 2004 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
erm
to lenso make +18 and +8mm offset in 17x8 17x9?

if so, sold
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Mobilise the Toymods army! Thu, 18 November 2004 22:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Did we ever work out if these Lenso rims will clear the ST205's 4 pot calipers???
I will need to be purchasing a new set of wheels before I bolt on my calipers as there is not a chance in hell that any of my current sets of wheels will clear them!
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Mobilise the Toymods army! Fri, 19 November 2004 14:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Thu, 18 November 2004 12:07

st184 sillycar wrote on Thu, 18 November 2004 07:55

NEAT R33 GTS-T's for under $20k,

*WOW!* Just like everybody else! Laughing

I don't care what everyone else has frank, I care about what I like and/or want! ! !

as for the calipers toof - I can't get no specs, coz all anyone will tell me is "sorry, can't get 'em."

This dude says he's running 2-piece wilwood 11.75inch Rotors + 4-pot Calipers up front. Big enough for ya?
http://se-l.net/members/6/05.jpg
http://se-l.net/view.php?id=6

i.e:
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/1/web/433000-433999/433255_8_full.jpg
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Mobilise the Toymods army! Fri, 19 November 2004 14:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Fri, 19 November 2004 00:42

erm
to lenso make +18 and +8mm offset in 17x8 17x9?

if so, sold

Nup. Their website lists +38 as the only offset in 17x7, which is the biggest size.

http://www.lensowheel.com/product_pass.htm#
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Mobilise the Toymods army! Sat, 20 November 2004 00:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmm... 17x7... that sucks, I am after something a little wider
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Mobilise the Toymods army! Mon, 22 November 2004 05:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Beat-down Wagonist's price on those 16x8 O.Z. Racing rims. All the 2nd hand sets I've seen for sale (always in wrong stud pattern 4 me) go for $400->$850.

$1200 seems a bit much to me, so tell him he's dreamin ! !

For that money you could get a brand-spankin set of Buddy Club P6, P1 or PL's, or some phat-assed Black Racing 6-spokes. I haven't seen many wheels around in 5x100 stud pattern that suit the Celica (visually), hence the hard-push on the Lenso rims. Not that it's getting me anywhere! Sad

If you can live with 17x7", these are kinda ugly, but dirt-cheap:
http://i10.ebayimg.com/02/i/02/d3/76/07_1_b.JPGhttp://i1.ebayimg.com/02/i/01/f1/d2/1f_1_b.JPG

Only $730 for the set of Four, if you can cop the harsh, cheap look of 'em.
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Mobilise the Toymods army! Thu, 02 December 2004 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bump! (cough)
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Mobilise the Toymods army! Thu, 02 December 2004 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Thu, 18 November 2004 12:18

And WAY more unique.

yah
fuck paying 20k for a slow skyline
Ive spent about 20k on my car
my car is VERY rare on the roads here, has brand new pearl paint job, Lowered with decent suspension, 17 inch rims and GOOD tyres.. has a 1jz gte converison making about 220rwkw througha 5 sp manual box.. in that price includes a COMPLETE spare car and a crap load more spare parts
will murder a modded GTST or whatever easily..
I can think of heaps of better things to do with 20k
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: Mobilise the Toymods army! Fri, 03 December 2004 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Only $730 for the set of Four, if you can cop the harsh, cheap look of 'em.

were from i want them in white can u get them?
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: Mobilise the Toymods army! Fri, 03 December 2004 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
o & will they fit a ae92 rolla
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Mobilise the Toymods army! Mon, 06 December 2004 00:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The mob is called Online Performance Autos:
Quote:

Contact Us
Email: sales@onautos.com.au
Telephone: BH (03) 9584 6431
AH (03) 8501 7947
Fax: (03) 9584 5841
Show Room: Level 1, 151 Park Road
CHELTENHAM Vic 3192
(Above Wilson Pride Real Estate - Go to Upstairs Reception)
Hours: Monday to Thursday - 1:00pm-5:00pm
Friday - CLOSED
Saturday Morning (check first) 9:30am-1:00pm
Sunday CLOSED

After Hours and Weekend (By appointment only) - We are normally here later on weeknights and on most Saturdays.

They have an online ebay store too: http://stores.ebay.com.au/Online-Performance-Autos _Wheels-Tyres_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQsclZallQQsotimedis playZ2QQtZkm

Hope that helps fella. They do about 5 other types of wheel at the same price, mainly 6-spoke rims.
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Mobilise the Toymods army! Mon, 06 December 2004 00:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mate it is just my opinion but i really dont think they look that good or would really suite your car,they are too 90's and tryhard racer,i think it would make your car look half done..please dont take any offence as none is intended but there are a million other rimms that look identical to those aswell..good luck
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: Mobilise the Toymods army! Mon, 06 December 2004 01:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
u talking about my car riceburna73?
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Mobilise the Toymods army! Mon, 06 December 2004 01:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naa mate st184's almost obsessive search for these rimms,i just think there are much much better rimms out there especially to this nuts over..
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Mobilise the Toymods army! Tue, 07 December 2004 07:50 Go to previous message
riceburna73 wrote on Mon, 06 December 2004 11:40

mate it is just my opinion but i really dont think they look that good or would really suite your car,they are too 90's and tryhard racer,i think it would make your car look half done..please dont take any offence as none is intended but there are a million other rimms that look identical to those aswell..good luck

I know they're 90's try-hard racer. That's why I think they're such a cherry match for the Celica, coz it's a 90's try-hard racer too ! ! !

The rims I really want are the Original 90's O.Z. Tarmac's, but I haven't found any in 5x100 yet, and buying 2nd hand is always gunna be hit & miss. Blah blah blah, the Lenso's I'm going mental over are easily the closest visual match I've seen under $500/rim, are lightweight and cheap etc. etc.

Reality being the bitch it is, Lenso haven't got the balls to make another batch and machine a handful with my hub centre (they have before tho..), so it looks like I'm in the market for something else, unless Aussie wheel & tyre stores get inundated with requests for the VPD's.

hence this thread.

/End rant.

p.s.
Feel free to list the "million other rims" that look identical to these, and who makes them. . . Very Happy

[Updated on: Tue, 07 December 2004 07:52]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Full_Throttle.wmv
Next Topic:MA61 vs MA70
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 12 11:59:15 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0063660144805908 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.