Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » suspension shop (ACT)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Yeeehah
Regular

May 2002
suspension shop (ACT) Mon, 06 December 2004 01:59 Go to next message
Hey Guys,

Where's a good place in the ACT to get suspension advice and fitting?

cheers
Ash

[Updated on: Mon, 06 December 2004 05:41]

Send a private message to this user    
Dirty_Sanchez
Regular

January 2004

Re: suspension shop Mon, 06 December 2004 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Inline Steering & Suspension
32 Yass Rd Queanbeyan NSW 2620
ph: (02) 6232 9955

My brother used to get his porsche suspension needs from them. He reckons their quite a good mob.
Yeeehah
Regular

May 2002
Re: suspension shop Mon, 06 December 2004 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey Chris, thanx mate i'll check em' out! Smile

Are u still keen on the harnesses?
YGT04A
Regular

November 2004
Re: suspension shop Mon, 06 December 2004 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ye I totally agree with Dirty_sanchez

Inline has done all the work on all my mates cars and that is where I'll be taking my car after christmas Very Happy

[Updated on: Mon, 06 December 2004 08:02]

alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: suspension shop Tue, 07 December 2004 01:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
capital steering and suspension on gladstone street in fyshwick.

ussually do good deals to CCG members as they help the club out all the time with prizes in the compititions and stuff...

cheers gumby
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: suspension shop (ACT) Tue, 07 December 2004 02:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Inline did the front coilover (Bilstein/Eibach) setup in my car and Bilstein rear shocks (which my car needed custom lower mounts to fit).

Chris did a good job at a good price. Car has had this set up for over 3 years and has been great on the street and excellent on its rare track appearances.

Chris is usually pretty flat out so don't expect a 2 day turn around on big jobs.
Yeeehah
Regular

May 2002
Re: suspension shop (ACT) Tue, 07 December 2004 03:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ke382tg - if u don't mind me asking, how much did the coilovers set u back per corner inc labour?

Are those coilovers full height, damper, camber adjustable?
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: suspension shop (ACT) Tue, 07 December 2004 05:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

ke382tg - if u don't mind me asking, how much did the coilovers set u back per corner inc labour?

Are those coilovers full height, damper, camber adjustable?

It was a big job and was a final job lot price so your price will probably be quite different, a few steering components were replaced (due to being 30 years old!), bushes front and rear all replaced, threaded sleeves welded onto struts for the height adjustable coils (struts were shortened also), Eibach springs, Bilstein shock absorbers (not the externally adjustable model, they were revalved by Bilsteins Sydney outlet to suit my spring rate etc), rear Bilstein shock absorbers, new rear lower shock mounts fabricated, leaf springs reset with an extra leaf added, I think that was about it. All up was about $1800 or so (may have been closer to $1500????).

I have also added K-mac adjustable strut tops for adjustable camber/castor (I don't recommend these, PM me for details), 20mm roll centre adjusters, my car is 5 to 7 inches lower (depending on where I have the coil-overs adjusted to, so RCA's were required to set the steering geometry back to a happy place.

After a recent trip to the track at Wakefield to really push the car hard I am very happy with the current setup and I won't be making any more adjustments to the steering or suspension.

Shane.
Yeeehah
Regular

May 2002
Re: suspension shop (ACT) Tue, 07 December 2004 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok thanx Shane, i think i'll just take there and get some advice.
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: suspension shop (ACT) Tue, 07 December 2004 20:17 Go to previous message
Chris is a great guy. Anotehr vote for Inline. My AE86 is actually in there at the moment gettign some work done to it.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:www.grparallye.com is up and umm...walking
Next Topic:st184 compliance plates
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 14:37:34 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.010420083999634 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.