Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » why are ae86s so popular?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
pr1nce
Regular

April 2004
Re: why are ae86s so popular? Tue, 30 November 2004 05:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah the prices are pretty crazy at the moment

sell a rx2/rx3 back to japan in mint condition and see some profits!
  Send a private message to this user    
4DaDrift
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: why are ae86s so popular? Tue, 30 November 2004 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AE86slut wrote on Tue, 30 November 2004 10:21

79rollaboy wrote on Tue, 30 November 2004 10:02

why would you go for a KE20 when you can get the latest technology toyota ever offered in a light RWD...

Well said. Smile

But Aus specs didn't have discs on the rear.

720 vs 975 by memory
were talking about 30% difference in weight
4DaDrift
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: why are ae86s so popular? Tue, 30 November 2004 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SEXY 16 wrote on Tue, 30 November 2004 14:31

what i dont understand it that nearly every person that owns an 86 in australia goes this way about it
first
1 engine conversion
2 set of wheels
3 suspension
4 paint and a body kit
no one hardly ever does the main conversion put a lsd rear end in and the car is totaly different to drive
total bullshit habib

actually id rather your approach
strip and build up from that point with a long term aim while driving a shitter like a celica untill its done Razz
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: why are ae86s so popular? Tue, 30 November 2004 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

... why would you go for a KE20 when you can get the latest technology toyota ever offered in a light RWD...

Probably for the same reasons why I'd buy an TA22, RA23 or RA28 rather than an RA40 or RA65. Bucket loads of old school charm and great looks, and (if you so desire) can be modded fairly easily.

seeyuzz
river
Sprinter-Saurus
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: why are ae86s so popular? Tue, 30 November 2004 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i first realised what they were in back in the yr'00, in Hot4's of all places. the red 3sgte one that was just sold recently. i thought "hrmm that looks alright", but still being in school didnt think much about it. a mate at school, rob-ae86, was way into them and i think he pretty much decided right then and there he was getting one lol. in yr12 i got my p's and just bought my parents Commodore off them to get to work and school and shit. i toyed with the thought of modifying the commo, then came to my senses and started looking for something smaller, lighter, cheaper to mod, easier to mod, with much better results available at the end, but it still had to be rwd. the Hachi matched all these ideals, and once i drove rob-ae86's Sprinter i was hooked. i knew they had potential after driving one, i loved the feel of it, so i looked for one and found one cheap and in good nic, so i grabbed it, now im half-way through a turbo conversion, and all of the rest of the stuff to make it the car i want it to be. Very Happy

id only just heard of drift (this was about 18 months ago mind you) and i didnt really know much about it or what to think of it. and i sure as hell didnt know what Initial D was haha. i just knew that they could be turned into real performers, and it just felt right to drive. Cool

long live the Hachi!! Very Happy
cytribe
Regular

June 2003
Re: why are ae86s so popular? Tue, 30 November 2004 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"since when was it bad to own a car that other people liked on these forums?

I don't think people are not liking the ae86, rather they are just not liking the people with little to no knowledge about ae86's own them.

The ae86 has the upmost respect from anybody."

I could dredge up post after post of ae86 bashing on this forum. Some people hate them because they seem to be all some people ever talk about, to the point where people are posting "I saw a red hachi in sydney last night".
Also whenever people ask even the most mundane questions about the sprinter, people come out of the woodwork bashing people who buy them because they've seen initial-D or want "a sick drift car".
I mean honestly, unless someone is doing something stupid like drifting on public roads, then who gives a crap why people buy or own them?.
What gods of car ownership decide what is a valid or non valid reason for owning a car?
At the end of the day it's down to personal preference.
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: why are ae86s so popular? Thu, 02 December 2004 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Mon, 29 November 2004 18:47

Initial D
that is all

From what sprinter owners have told me and soon to be spinter owners told this is the main reason.
that and they were on gran turismo.
Phrostbyte
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: why are ae86s so popular? Thu, 02 December 2004 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My 2c!!! Smile

OK to admit it, Initial D is what introduced me into the AE86 scene, I knew of sprinters before that but had never actually seen one, or knew of any of its potential, etc. But I have to mention that I was always in the toyota scene and nothing from Initial D altered that in any way... it added a new toyota to the list in my head, thats about it. Both of my parents have always owned toyotas, my brother and sister have owned toyotas and all of them still own toyotas.

Everyone in these forums has a certain love for the AE86, as people have said, a light weight rwd car that is easily worked on. But what people don't notice is that the KE70/AE71/TE72 etc were based on basically the same specs, a light weight rwd car that is easily worked on!

I myself wanted to buy an AE86 at one stage, (straight after seeing takumi get a Group A engine dropped in Very Happy), but decided against it because of the big fad going on at the moment. Parts are rare as it is, and because of all the fooly sik dorifto kents who see initial d and think that the ae86 will drift with no skill involved and crash, more and more parts are slowly being used up. Therefore prices are rising because of the demand for the parts, and because of the demand for parts on a rare aus car, the prices ain't comin down, eventually parts will be almost impossible to get and people will need to import spares... meaning even more expensive.

I ended up buying a KE70, much less known by the general population, and can be modded just as easy as an ae86... Lets just hope a new type of Initial D doesnt come out with a KE70.. BECAUSE THE SAME THING WILL HAPPEN...

I hate getting into these rambling speeches as I go offtrack alot and sound like a tard Razz but eh what can u do. Personally I still love AE86's and would love to get myself one, and I respect 99% of the AE86 owners on toymods as being true AE86 lovers and not just "saw on initial d, have to get one" type of people.

I'm going to stop now before I accidently offend someone hahaha... I accidently do that alot.

Turned out to be fiddy cents instead of 2c, but eh, i made my point, im happy. Lecture over, have fun.

Kev.
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: why are ae86s so popular? Thu, 02 December 2004 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

I ended up buying a KE70, much less known by the general population, and can be modded just as easy as an ae86... Lets just hope a new type of Initial D doesnt come out with a KE70.. BECAUSE THE SAME THING WILL HAPPEN...

i hope so, bring up the value! anyway one a stock ke70 4kc? only $3000 with free drift stickers Rolling Eyes
Phrostbyte
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: why are ae86s so popular? Thu, 02 December 2004 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oo thats a point,

Lowered KE70, 4kc with modified intake, 15" subby in the boot for doof doof while u dorift dorift, $5000, surface rust chucked in for free Very Happy
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: why are ae86s so popular? Thu, 02 December 2004 19:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Be interested to know more about the 10 UK exports in the magenta sexy_16. Its totally new knowledge to me. What are they worth being that rare?

Hmmmmm all the drift dudes owning ae86, I think u forgetting that still quite a number of them are owned by grandmas/grandpas for some reason. Many that have been bought by people I know were purchased of fold fogies who have had them since new..... haha
ViPeR_NiPPleX
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: why are ae86s so popular? Fri, 03 December 2004 01:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

As They have 4 wheel discs, macpherson struts all round, they are 2 door, and dont look at all terrible.

macpherson struts all round Rolling Eyes

you wish...
Sam_Q
Forums Junkie

December 2003

Re: why are ae86s so popular? Fri, 03 December 2004 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I bought one before the massive craze came along. I bought it for tuneability, practicality and affortability. I wanted a rear wheel drive car that was light, had enough room for my bike in the back, small, 2 door, cheap initial outlay (it was at the time!) and had the looks aswell. What other car fits these requirements? If I didnt own one of these I probably would own a Celica Supra or a T-18, so the whole trend doesnt mean much to me. Also I am not one of the people to just do the same mods. Heres the rough order I did mods: lightening, seats, window tint, alarm, stereo, lights, suspension, exhaust, cooling, suspension, brakes, suspension and now I am still on the suspension and I will be doing an engine trasplant shortly after I have that sorted. I have no plans for a bodykit at all.

Also just for the record I tuned my suspension to be what I peceived as completely neutral, the whole drift thing I just don't get.

Also anyone who thinks I bought my car because of initial D can go screw themself, u wont find any Tofu in the back of my car!
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: why are ae86s so popular? Fri, 03 December 2004 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh shit, I better post that I bought one before the craze, so i can look like an enthusiast. Laughing
j/k
I'd like to think i did anyway.
Maybe. Maybe not.
When did this craze start. Smile
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: why are ae86s so popular? Fri, 03 December 2004 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mookie wrote on Thu, 02 December 2004 18:56

Initial D
that is all

From what sprinter owners have told me and soon to be sprinter owners told this is the main reason.

gtfo. now.

also,

i love every ae86 i see, rice, race or drift style, they all rule.
i love inital d and takumi
i love tsuchiya's passion for ae86
i love the ae86's race/rally history
i love the 200hp NA ae86's that kick 480hp s15's in D1GP
i love the 4A-GE singing @ 8000 Rpm
i love the people who drive the ae86 and their comradery
i love ae86

so anyone who tries to tell me why i oen an ae86 can mouthify my wang.

ae86 for life.

[Updated on: Fri, 03 December 2004 07:43]

bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: why are ae86s so popular? Fri, 03 December 2004 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86drift wrote on Fri, 03 December 2004 18:16

Mookie wrote on Thu, 02 December 2004 18:56

Initial D
that is all

From what sprinter owners have told me and soon to be sprinter owners told this is the main reason.

gtfo. now.

also,

i love every ae86 i see, rice, race or drift style, they all rule.
i love inital d and takumi
i love tsuchiya's passion for ae86
i love the ae86's race/rally history
i love the 200hp NA ae86's that kick 480hp s15's in D1GP
i love the 4A-GE singing @ 8000 Rpm
i love the people who drive the ae86 and their comradery
i love ae86

so anyone who tries to tell me why i oen an ae86 can mouthify my wang.

ae86 for life.

Summed up perfectly. Maybe thats why we all get so much trashtalk, You dont see other owners expressing so much passion for their cars. I'll add a little personal note to that list

- i love the sound of my 4agte just before it redlines in 3rd and i happen to be driving with a purpose. The sound and general feedback from the car still makes me smile.

Apart from the rice comment (Bad experience at last OP meet) I actually feel sorry for a heavily riced hachi, just like a mistreated animal I wish I could call some form of RSPCA.

And lastly, Everyone should stop bagging Initial D. Firstly I'll state I didnt know what It was until After I bought my car. But After now seeing it all. It really is a brilliant piece of work. Character and Story expansion is second to nothing Ive read/watched before.

[Updated on: Fri, 03 December 2004 08:16]

Sam_Q
Forums Junkie

December 2003

Re: why are ae86s so popular? Fri, 03 December 2004 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I tottaly agree with you bathurst-91, I love initial D I just dont want to labeled as a Takumi wannabe thats all.
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: why are ae86s so popular? Fri, 03 December 2004 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[quote title=ae86drift wrote on Fri, 03 December 2004 18:16][quote title=Mookie wrote on Thu, 02 December 2004 18:56]

so anyone who tries to tell me why i own an ae86 can mouthify my wang.

I love that
Dirty_Sanchez
Regular

January 2004

Re: why are ae86s so popular? Fri, 03 December 2004 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86drift that was deep dude
Phrostbyte
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: why are ae86s so popular? Fri, 03 December 2004 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm, i'll sum this up with; Toyotas for life, RWD or FWD, big or small, powerful or weak as fuck, hachi roku or not hachi roku.

Basically the one thing we all have to remember, is whether we own an ae86 or any other toyota, we should never consider one persons car better than another. We all own toyotas and are part of the toymods community of australia. We should all be like brothers (and sisters for the few of the girls hehe), and most of us are, we help eachother out in times when we need it nomatter what car we own. We all share the same passion for toyotas, their designs and their engines.

Before I bought my ke70, i thought about buying a huge range of toyotas, eg. ke55, ae86, ra23, ra60/61, ae82, ae92, t-18, aw11. I bought the one that suited me most, and thats what ae86 owners do, they bought the car that suited them most just like sam said before.

Kev.
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: why are ae86s so popular? Fri, 03 December 2004 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well said mate.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: why are ae86s so popular? Fri, 03 December 2004 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aww *sniff*
Phrostbyte
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: why are ae86s so popular? Fri, 03 December 2004 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its... just... so... beautiful... *sniff* *grabs kleenex box*

hehe thx dude
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: why are ae86s so popular? Fri, 03 December 2004 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toymod group-A hug!

im setting up my ae86 for carparking Rolling Eyes die coburg market!
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: why are ae86s so popular? Fri, 03 December 2004 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol

garth u summed it up so well

btw my hachi runs as of tonight! woot melbs!
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: why are ae86s so popular? Fri, 03 December 2004 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arch wrote on Fri, 03 December 2004 23:40

lol

garth u summed it up so well

btw my hachi runs as of tonight! woot melbs!

aww yeah
Phrostbyte
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: why are ae86s so popular? Fri, 03 December 2004 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yay another hachi coming to the meet Very Happy
pro_ke
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: why are ae86s so popular? Fri, 03 December 2004 16:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can someone post the mercedes van pics Smile
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: why are ae86s so popular? Sat, 04 December 2004 03:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Phrostbyte wrote on Fri, 03 December 2004 22:22

hmm, i'll sum this up with; Toyotas for life, RWD or FWD, big or small, powerful or weak as fuck, hachi roku or not hachi roku.

Basically the one thing we all have to remember, is whether we own an ae86 or any other toyota, we should never consider one persons car better than another. We all own toyotas and are part of the toymods community of australia. We should all be like brothers (and sisters for the few of the girls hehe), and most of us are, we help eachother out in times when we need it nomatter what car we own. We all share the same passion for toyotas, their designs and their engines.

Before I bought my ke70, i thought about buying a huge range of toyotas, eg. ke55, ae86, ra23, ra60/61, ae82, ae92, t-18, aw11. I bought the one that suited me most, and thats what ae86 owners do, they bought the car that suited them most just like sam said before.

Kev.

Amen brother! Surprised
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: why are ae86s so popular? Sat, 04 December 2004 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anyone noticed the new ambulances are sprinters ?
http://www.mills-tui.com.au/Ambulance%20MVC-013S.JPG
tofu was only the beginning...
http://www.enkelman.com.au/Website%20Photos/Ambulance.jpg
pro_ke
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: why are ae86s so popular? Sat, 04 December 2004 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i hope the patients are lying in stretchers that have 'bride' embroided in the headrests
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: why are ae86s so popular? Sat, 04 December 2004 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they wont need to, cos takumi will be behind the wheel Rolling Eyes
pro_ke
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: why are ae86s so popular? Sat, 04 December 2004 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ah of course, the cup of water
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: why are ae86s so popular? Sun, 05 December 2004 00:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd be interested to see how many ae86s have cupholders at this melbourne meet.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: why are ae86s so popular? Sun, 05 December 2004 00:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shcao wrote on Sun, 05 December 2004 11:06

i dont have one.
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: why are ae86s so popular? Sun, 05 December 2004 01:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi five!

me too! Smile

don't even have an ambi pur! Smile
SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: why are ae86s so popular? Sun, 05 December 2004 02:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no_tofu_speed wrote on Fri, 03 December 2004 06:39

Be interested to know more about the 10 UK exports in the magenta sexy_16. Its totally new knowledge to me. What are they worth being that rare?

Hmmmmm all the drift dudes owning ae86, I think u forgetting that still quite a number of them are owned by grandmas/grandpas for some reason. Many that have been bought by people I know were purchased of fold fogies who have had them since new..... haha

i own 2 of the three remaining
1 purchaced 1 not 4 months ago of a mate and paid 7000 pounds about 18000 dollars and the other 1 i paid 4000 pounds 7 years ago.the one i owned the longest is the daddy of all the 86s
only 14000miles full factory leather power steering and full jdm spec and still has the plastis on the door cards in the inside
the back seat has never been sat in
it is a collectors dream and i have been offered mega for it
i still get at least 2 calls a month from people in ireland wanting to buy it including the local toyota garage and the cars former keeper in the uk also
she aint for sale, neither of them
joyride
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

January 2003
Re: why are ae86s so popular? Sun, 05 December 2004 04:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

my 14 yr old cousin asked his brother (who had my car at the time) 'where are the cupholders?' the other day.
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
MFX_Neko_86
Forums Junkie

September 2004

Re: why are ae86s so popular? Sun, 05 December 2004 05:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Me?

I have five.. it makes me a super dooper exellent driver.

no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: why are ae86s so popular? Mon, 06 December 2004 01:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A full large maccaz cup with a hard corner makes the cup holder slide right off the vents (sorry I am not Takumi)...
So I have to have a big gulp of any drink I buy before I drive off for balance purposes...

If anyone finds the ultimate cup holder for the hachi's weird azz dash... they should share the knowledge!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: why are ae86s so popular? Mon, 06 December 2004 04:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i buy H20 when i drive
it goes ontop of my left hand rail on the drievrs seat
with the bride installed theres a perfect space for it to lie Wink

does go anywhere either!
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: why are ae86s so popular? Mon, 06 December 2004 05:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
me too Smile

it's a great lil spot next to the seat and middle section, fit the occasional alcomolic beverage for the missus and water for thyself
pro_ke
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: why are ae86s so popular? Mon, 06 December 2004 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
take the lid off the water and make sure it doesnt spill!
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: why are ae86s so popular? Mon, 06 December 2004 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pro_ke wrote on Mon, 06 December 2004 18:09

or leave it on and not get your interior soaked?

are you feeling ok?
T_is4turbo
Regular

October 2004
Re: why are ae86s so popular? Mon, 06 December 2004 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing hahaha so i see some of the sprinters owners are more interested in the cupholders rather then the performance Very Happy

i still want one!!

so could someone answer 2 of this question:

1.are all sprinters regarded as ae86s?
2.are they all rear wheel drive?

i want a rear wheel drive!!
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: why are ae86s so popular? Mon, 06 December 2004 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no, not all sprinters are ae86s, there were older sprinters released.

mate, if u look for a toyota sprinter from 1983-1987 u cannot go wrong.

i never have anywhere decent to put my drink, so i put it in the passenger footwell, or get the passenger to hold it muahah
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: why are ae86s so popular? Mon, 06 December 2004 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got a cup holder.... under the car Sad

edit: well not really a cup more like a 4l icecream tub

[Updated on: Mon, 06 December 2004 12:18]

drift86levin
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: why are ae86s so popular? Tue, 07 December 2004 02:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well, my addiction only took a few rides on a mates AE86 with a 4AGE, over a couple of mountain ranges..i was hooked, sharp revvy nature, resonable handling (this one just had new KYB's king springs, and adj swaybars), good brakes (Endless pads $$$$$), sharp steering response (new bushes etc) i was hooked!! staright away, then when i told him i just put a deposit on a JDM SR5 Coupe he nearly strangled me!

my 2c
pro_ke
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: why are ae86s so popular? Tue, 07 December 2004 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86drift wrote on Mon, 06 December 2004 18:15

are you feeling ok?

how will your dad keep tabs on your driving skill though Wink
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: why are ae86s so popular? Tue, 07 December 2004 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pro_ke wrote on Tue, 07 December 2004 21:28

ae86drift wrote on Mon, 06 December 2004 18:15

are you feeling ok?

how will your dad keep tabs on your driving skill though Wink

wtf? are you ok?
lemme correct you on something

CARTOONS ARE NOT REAL!
pro_ke
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: why are ae86s so popular? Tue, 07 December 2004 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its not a cartoon it is reality! Very Happy

*insert fast techno bop music*
J-AE86
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: why are ae86s so popular? Tue, 07 December 2004 22:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no_tofu_speed wrote on Mon, 06 December 2004 12:24

A full large maccaz cup with a hard corner makes the cup holder slide right off the vents (sorry I am not Takumi)...
So I have to have a big gulp of any drink I buy before I drive off for balance purposes...

If anyone finds the ultimate cup holder for the hachi's weird azz dash... they should share the knowledge!!!!!!!!!!!!!

at supercheap auto they have these $1.50 cup holders that sit on the door side, its much stronger then those vent shitted ones, and can hold more, i find i need cup holders for fact that i sometimes eat/drink and drive when i am in a hurry to get somewhere, its kind of hard keep it in the centre console, nor in between your legs and driving.
86LIFE
Regular

September 2004
Re: why are ae86s so popular? Wed, 08 December 2004 01:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i don't know exactly WHY they are popular, but i know why i like mine:

its FUN to drive!

i can boot it round the hills in adelaide, have a few near misses
and slides and shit and it just takes it and says 'GO AGAIN!'

initial d is good to watch and maybe that got me into AE86s a bit more but i got my 86 for me cause i LOVE driving.

i agree with what Arch said about revving out a tough NA motor (not that mine is tough)

anyway, i love my 86 coz its fun to drive hard, not coz of initial d or tsuchiya or the drift scene.

bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: why are ae86s so popular? Wed, 08 December 2004 04:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pro_ke wrote on Wed, 08 December 2004 01:09

its not a cartoon it is reality! Very Happy

*insert fast techno bop music*

Laughing Laughing Laughing

your a stirrer pro_ke Wink

Evan if it wis partly based on a true story its still fake. Its just like all those storys on A current Affair 10 or so years ago about kids watching teenage mutant ninja turtles and then going into sewers to find the lair.. and drowning.

TURTLE POWER!

moral of the story, dont go into sewers dressed as turtles and dont drive moutain passes dressed as takumi.

[Updated on: Wed, 08 December 2004 04:53]

EnFlaMEd
Regular

September 2003
Re: why are ae86s so popular? Wed, 08 December 2004 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
River: Addressing your original post and this might have already been said but....DRIFT AN ORIGINAL E49 CHARGER!!!!!!!!!! ARE U NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Imagine even clipping a curb in one of those beuties, me or some other bogan would be running towards you with whatever club like object was within reach to knock some sense into your skull Evil or Very Mad Though if i was rich and could afford 50-80k on an old school beast for drift...nah i still couldnt bare to hurt one. Anyway ill go now

p.s. Sprinters are simply the ultimate jap light weight rwd.

p.s.s. T is4turbo: Corolla "Sprinters" as badged were available throughout the 90s and probably still are.

[Updated on: Wed, 08 December 2004 06:30]

matt_84
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: why are ae86s so popular? Wed, 08 December 2004 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How do ae86's compare to mx5's?
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: why are ae86s so popular? Thu, 09 December 2004 04:51 Go to previous message
I assume they would be very similar.

Light weight car, similar power to weight ratio (with a 4age).

50 . 50 balance.

Mx5 had better brakes from factory...

But ae86 seems a little more revvy.
Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Corolla at mates formal
Next Topic:TRD Levin/Sprinter Special Edition Bible?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 13 18:49:55 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.010544061660767 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.