Classifieds » Cars For Sale & Wanted » FOR SALE... Modified Celica 2TGTE

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
amigo
Occasional Poster

November 2004
FOR SALE... Modified Celica 2TGTE Mon, 29 November 2004 12:58 Go to next message
Im selling my 72 Turbo Celica. Its currently on ebay at the momment and I was wanting $7000 with Pink Slip and will not let it sell of anything much lower then that.

2TGTE engine
front mount intercooler
turbotechnics surge tank
2.5in exhaust
HALTECH computer
5 Speed Supra Gearbox
Brass button clutch

i will supply the car with a pink slip but unregestered,it run out of rego 1 month ago. It is fully engineered
The diff packed in about 4 months ago and I havent driven it since, so this week I will be putting a new one in.

I puchursed it 2 years ago from the creator who entered it in Summernats 12 and clocked it @ 12 second 1/4 mile.
Its currently running at 15 pound boost and has NO problem racing turbo skylines/subaru/etc... I have software for the HALTECH system so you can (illegally) alter you preformance at the push of a couple of buttons. All you need is a laptop and you can plug into dash. Evil or Very Mad

im after offers $7000 with the pink slip. must sell this week
as I need money due to crashed car cortusy of a drunk driver. Mad

I would highly recommend a viewing. Call Chris on BH 02 49344899 AH 02 49331154
cheers,

Attachment: Picture 090.jpg
(Size: 44.93KB, Downloaded 741 time(s))
Attachment: Picture 090.jpg
(Size: 44.93KB, Downloaded 541 time(s))
Attachment: Picture 094.jpg
(Size: 99.51KB, Downloaded 536 time(s))

Send a private message to this user    
amigo
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: FOR SALE... Modified Celica 2TGTE Mon, 29 November 2004 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
amigo wrote on Mon, 29 November 2004 23:58

Im selling my 72 Turbo Celica. Its currently on ebay at the momment and I was wanting $7000 with Pink Slip and will not let it sell of anything much lower then that.

2TGTE engine
front mount intercooler
turbotechnics surge tank
2.5in exhaust
HALTECH computer
5 Speed Supra Gearbox
Brass button clutch

i will supply the car with a pink slip but unregestered,it run out of rego 1 month ago. It is fully engineered
The diff packed in about 4 months ago and I havent driven it since, so this week I will be putting a new one in.

I puchursed it 2 years ago from the creator who entered it in Summernats 12 and clocked it @ 12 second 1/4 mile.
Its currently running at 15 pound boost and has NO problem racing turbo skylines/subaru/etc... I have software for the HALTECH system so you can (illegally) alter you preformance at the push of a couple of buttons. All you need is a laptop and you can plug into dash. Evil or Very Mad

im after offers $7000 with the pink slip. must sell this week
as I need money due to crashed car cortusy of a drunk driver. Mad

I would highly recommend a viewing. Call Chris on BH 02 49344899 AH 02 49331154
cheers,

O I forgot.... If anyone likes the Turbo Aluminium Checker plate head board, let me know as I manufacture them and a shit load more Aluminuim interior parts.
SIKTA22
Regular

March 2003
Re: FOR SALE... Modified Celica 2TGTE Mon, 29 November 2004 15:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think you mean 3TGTE mate Smile

Also what diff were you using before it died? and what engine work has been done?

cheers.
amigo
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: FOR SALE... Modified Celica 2TGTE Tue, 30 November 2004 00:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gday mate thanks for the correction... 3TGTE

To be honest I dont know a huge amount about the car. Im just the kind of guy that gets in and drives. You are more then welcome to come and view it, or if you are not local maybe you have a friend around this area.

The car drive great other then the diff which I intend on getting it fxed this week.

cheers
SIKTA22
Regular

March 2003
Re: FOR SALE... Modified Celica 2TGTE Tue, 30 November 2004 00:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehe no worries, you have a pm.
old codger
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: FOR SALE... Modified Celica 2TGTE Tue, 30 November 2004 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There are heap betta pics on ebay of this car. Ref # 4508015779

Good luck with the sale,dude
alex_ta22
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: FOR SALE... Modified Celica 2TGTE Tue, 30 November 2004 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
where in maitland are you?
amigo
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: FOR SALE... Modified Celica 2TGTE Tue, 30 November 2004 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im at The Sign Shop.
25 Smith St, Maitland
If you want to call at work my number is 02 49344899
cheers, chris
amigo
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: FOR SALE... Modified Celica 2TGTE Wed, 01 December 2004 02:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bump... bump
i need to sell come on people!!
EnFlaMEd
Regular

September 2003
Re: FOR SALE... Modified Celica 2TGTE Wed, 01 December 2004 03:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
would love to buy it but im in adelaide and can only offer $4500 and a ke35 rolla Razz Car looks awesome though wish it was in adelaide.
nico
Regular

January 2004
Re: FOR SALE... Modified Celica 2TGTE Wed, 01 December 2004 04:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Whats the rust looking like? If any?
amigo
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: FOR SALE... Modified Celica 2TGTE Wed, 01 December 2004 04:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gday... what is a ka35 rolla??
send me a pic and hey you never know I might just take your offer.
Transport is no biggie as I just sold my Mini to a guy in NT and transport is going to cost the same as what he paid.
I have bought a car from Melbourne before and it cost me $400 to get it to me.

As for the rust there is a little bit starting to bubble up just above the drive door.

hope this all helps
amigo
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: FOR SALE... Modified Celica 2TGTE Wed, 01 December 2004 23:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bump bump.. come on lets have them offers
WantaTurbo
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: FOR SALE... Modified Celica 2TGTE Thu, 02 December 2004 04:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey interested in the engine, this might seem like a stupid question but i always wanted to know what they come stock in?? r they a standard celica engine? and what kinda power they put out?
amigo
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: FOR SALE... Modified Celica 2TGTE Thu, 02 December 2004 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gday dude... if you are interested in just the engine. ill sell you the whole car for $5500. that way i dont have to fix the diff.
im not sure what sort of car it came out of, but i have a friend who knows all that shit ill check with him tomorrow.
and ill check about the power. He did say 250- 280 Horsepower at 15 pound boost but ill double check with him. cheers
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: FOR SALE... Modified Celica 2TGTE Fri, 03 December 2004 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
3tgte definatly come in a gt corona and im pretty sure a gt celica i think about 85 ish?
-NiCkeL-
Regular

February 2004

Re: FOR SALE... Modified Celica 3TGTE Sat, 04 December 2004 03:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey dude,

Just a quick word of advice...I see you have the car listed on eBay at the moment. Seeing as the car is being sold without a reserve, you know that really you are obliged to sell the car to the highest bidder, no matter what it is?

I thought i'd say something just incase someone from here bought it, you'd have some unhappy eBay people knocking at your door if they thought they got a bargain, as it's well below the $7000 you want.

Nice car though, I was going to have a bid at $2200.

Good luck with the sale..
nash_tz
Regular

April 2003
Re: FOR SALE... Modified Celica 2TGTE Sat, 04 December 2004 05:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Actually with cars, the seller has no obligation to sell it even if it is above the reserve price.
amigo
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: FOR SALE... Modified Celica 2TGTE Sat, 04 December 2004 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks for your concern nickel but just like nash said I dont have to sell it if i dont want to. I started it at $1 no reserve thinking that i would get a good response, but it doesnt seem like its going to happen.

So from here on Im open to reasonable offers. I have 2 local boys interested at $7k but same old story "have to go and try and get loan approved"

So if anyone is seriously interested please make an offer soon as I dont want to take the option of burning it out then putting in a insurance claim.
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: FOR SALE... Modified Celica 2TGTE Sat, 04 December 2004 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
burn it! dont do that... if you cant get the price your looking for then strip it and sell parts!!!!! just anticipate time and space but parts i recon would fly out in no time as we are always looking for good parts to buy...

how much for the checker plating piece?
amigo
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: FOR SALE... Modified Celica 2TGTE Sat, 04 December 2004 23:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well.... i have run out of space, and it has to go.
The Turbo Checker plate on the back window win cost you $250 + post.
cheers, chris
-NiCkeL-
Regular

February 2004

Re: FOR SALE... Modified Celica 2TGTE Sun, 05 December 2004 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ahh, sorry about that. I just thought i'd say something.

How come it's their policy to do that? It seems to defeat the purpose of bidding..
amigo
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: FOR SALE... Modified Celica 2TGTE Sun, 05 December 2004 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i guess it does but, i think its worth more then $2200 dont you.

What does everyone think it should sell for?
amigo
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: FOR SALE... Modified Celica 2TGTE Mon, 06 December 2004 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HOW MUCH DO PEOPLE THINK MY TURBO CELICA IS WORHT?
I GOT HER BACK ON THE ROAD AND SHE IS RUNNING LIKE A DREAM.
-NiCkeL-
Regular

February 2004

Re: FOR SALE... Modified Celica 2TGTE Mon, 06 December 2004 23:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Schmick ones were going for about $8000. There was one on here for about that, it looked like a show car.

There were and probably still are a few good ones going for about $4000-4500.

I'd say it's inbetween those two, if I were buying it, i'd give you $5500, and then again it depends if you are selling it with a RWC and rego, etc.

EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: FOR SALE... Modified Celica 2TGTE Tue, 07 December 2004 00:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What diff are you putting in?
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: FOR SALE... Modified Celica 2TGTE Tue, 07 December 2004 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
amigo wrote on Mon, 06 December 2004 21:43

HOW MUCH DO PEOPLE THINK MY TURBO CELICA IS WORHT?
I GOT HER BACK ON THE ROAD AND SHE IS RUNNING LIKE A DREAM.

Amigo,

Mate that is a scary question to be asking around here. Are you sure you want to know ?

I haven't seen your car since the 3T-GTE went it. Last I saw it it was lined up besides me at Eastern Creek with a 2TG in it. I actually spoke to the previous owner a bit for a while there.

Without actually seeing the car its very hard to give a fair estimate. With an RA40 Diff and RA60 brakes you are basically selling a good paint job and interior with a motor of unknown ability and entry level management. Take it to your local Dyno place - (Such as Scotts Dyno - which reads a little friendly but will give an idea. Ask for Rod. Smile ) and get a power run done. Ask for two graphs, one showing boost and kw, the other showing AFR and kw. Make sure the dyno settings are clear when you scan the graphs.

Engineered and with 12 months rego I'd say youd be doing well at the $5000 - $5500 mark. If it had larger wheels, decent brakes and a larger diff then you could add a few k.

If the body work is as good as it used to be then its a very tidy shell and I wish you all the best selling it.

Regards,
amigo
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: FOR SALE... Modified Celica 2TGTE Tue, 07 December 2004 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gday mate...thanks for the reply.
The celica does have a 2t-gte, someone on here said it was a 3t-gte, so to be honest i wouldnt have a clue.
Thanks for the tip with Scotts Dyno I might give him a ring tomorrow other then that I think Carline Mufflers near me at work (Maitland) does dynos.... I have heard them screaming from my shop.
When you seen the car at Eastern creek, do you remember any of the stats, eg times etc... As what the previous owner told me is only hear say so it would be great to know that someone else has seen it move!!!

I had the diff centre replaced on Monday and took it for a run this afternoon.. Its running quite fast/powerful Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Anyway thanks for your post, I have had 2 young blokes drool over it in the past couple of days and didnt even blink an eye when i told them between 6 -7k so im hoping 1 of them will take it off my hands.

cheers
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: FOR SALE... Modified Celica 2TGTE Wed, 08 December 2004 01:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Amigo,

What is engine number on the engine ? The head, inlet manifold and rocker covers are deffinatly 3T-GTE !

Last I saw it it only had the 2TG in it and was running low 17sec quarters.

Any car is only worth what someone is willing to pay. To build one like yours from scratch would cost quite a few $$$$.

Good luck with the sale

amigo
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: FOR SALE... Modified Celica 2TGTE Sat, 18 December 2004 06:04 Go to previous message
have droped the price to $5000
and yes it is a 3T GTE
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Two cars (not toyota's) sorry (pics)
Next Topic:ae86 20valve 4 Sale *SOLD*
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 14:23:41 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0080869197845459 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.