Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
bass_boy
Regular

May 2002
HILUX!!! Wed, 30 October 2002 13:42 Go to next message
ive been doin some thinking and i have come to a conclusion that its time to look into a new car. i have been toying with the idea of a hilux... whaddayas rekon??

i am thinking white with a supercab. slammed on 17's. stereo. exhaust. then in the future an engine conversion....

what i want to know is if anyone on these forums have any experience with the hilux. the mini truck theme has bitten me bad.

any things i should look for when buying the ute. like rust or other common probs??

also are there any websites around that deal with the hilux or mini trucks in general.??

cheers
  Send a private message to this user    
billsta
Occasional Poster

June 2002
Re: HILUX!!! Wed, 30 October 2002 15:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hylux should look like this.. Evil or Very Mad
http://www.outerlimits4x4.com/PHP_Modules/phpBB2/files/Picture014.jpg
CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: HILUX!!! Wed, 30 October 2002 22:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
billsta i totally agree!!!!
Johnny
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: HILUX!!! Wed, 30 October 2002 23:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bass Boy,
What model are you thinking, '89-'97 or later??
If So I still have my wiring diagrams for my mega stereo I had in mine:
Front doors- tweeters, 4" mids, 6 1/2" mid bass, 10" subs
Rear doors(It was a dual cab)-tweeters, 4" mids, 6 1/2",
Behind the rear seat was 2 6 1/2" bass tubes.
The roof was removed and fitted with MDF to fit some 2 way 5 1/4 front and rear.
The Tray had Four 15"
Amp's- Hifonics- 2 Europa's
- Juno
- 2 Titans
Audio control x-overs, EQ and a Kenwood in dash EQ, Alpine tape and stacker. pretty big for 1994!! I still have most of this gear still, but I'm not parting with it.

Lowering,Rear- I used HQ lowering Blocks with custom made U-Bolts(I think costed all @ $125),
Front- I got the Gas Axe out, cut the bumpstops off and re-welded them in at a lower postion, and then all I did was adjust the Torsen spring at the front to get the Height I wanted.
Body was a SR5 tray, V6 SR5 4Runner Front Bumper ('95), 4WD guards.
Pity, mine was registed only a week, when I trusted my little brother and some spastic rides it off!!
Engine wise, well, the 1GGTE does fit(which I was going for)or Now if I was doing it again,I would get later model Prado engine with TRD S/C, just to be different.
bass_boy
Regular

May 2002
Re: HILUX!!! Thu, 31 October 2002 01:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
johnny... do u have any pics?? if u do could u send me some to j_coldbeck@hotmail.com

thanks
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
icon12.gif  Re: HILUX!!! Thu, 31 October 2002 05:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heya bass boy,
if you wanna get serious about mini trucks, here is a site to visit, www.easystreetcustoms.com
these guys do absoloutly CRAZY stuff with hilux utes and other, everything from air bag suspension, to suicide doors.
THESE ARE THE BOYS TO TALK TO.
BEST OF LUCK WITH YOUR LOWERED TRUCK!!!!! HE HE
JUZZO
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
icon12.gif  Re: HILUX!!! Thu, 31 October 2002 05:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heya bass boy,
if you wanna get serious about mini trucks, here is a site to visit, www.easystreetcustoms.com
these guys do absoloutly CRAZY stuff with hilux utes and other, everything from air bag suspension, to suicide doors.
THESE ARE THE BOYS TO TALK TO.
BEST OF LUCK WITH YOUR LOWERED TRUCK!!!!! HE HE
JUZZO
partyjase
Regular

June 2002
Re: HILUX!!! Thu, 31 October 2002 06:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
johnny - did all that stereo stuff actually sound good? or were you just going for mass ass bass?
TOY77
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: HILUX!!! Thu, 31 October 2002 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cool....
go for it...
Another place to try is aussie sport trucks at
www.aussiesporttrucks.com

i have a 92 rodeo with a comodore v6 conversion that is heading in the minitruck direction..... making a hard toneu very soon...

Cheers
Stew
munki
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: HILUX!!! Thu, 31 October 2002 23:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Followed a show hilux up the mountain a couple of nights ago that was on its bump stops!!! Shocked PRO - 1OW were its plates it sure looked good went slow (i assuming stock) i was all over it with my stock ra23 power lol. it turned out it was my neighbours friend. it sure looked the goods beautiful engine bay (stock) beautiful body and interior (with an VERY clear stereo)it drove like shit...

... iv e driven the stocko one it drives like shit... but this was 10x worse ride!!!!

i like the mini trucks but these would be a all show car only i wouldnt want any more power in that chassies, they are almost exactly the same chassies as our 1982 hilux...
Johnny
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: HILUX!!! Fri, 01 November 2002 15:40 Go to previous message
Quote:

johnny... do u have any pics??

Only after the accident!! And a day before a total respray!! At least I save $$$....
Quote:

johnny - did all that stereo stuff actually sound good? or were you just going for mass ass bass?

I wanted perfection , which I think I was close too,At 100m, everything was totally clear!! Bass sounds S#$T without the bits in between, if you enjoy music, you want to hear everything!

Hey Bass, could also go a Duddydore V6 (or S/C V6), Mark's 4WD's sell the Kit...

Quote:

Followed a show hilux up the mountain a couple of nights ago that was on its bump stops!!! PRO - 1OW were its plates it sure looked good went slow (i assuming stock) i was all over it with my stock ra23 power lol. it turned out it was my neighbours friend. it sure looked the goods beautiful engine bay (stock) beautiful body and interior (with an VERY clear stereo)it drove like shit...

In standard form, I'll have to agree, but with a bit of knowledge on suspension, you can get them to handle better than most people think, I know for a fact 235 tread fit's all round, an extra leaf in the rear, piss the bump stop off lower, a set of Koni's (I used red's) and the thing's handle better than expected. The only down point was the 22R, I add EFI and a Microtech D4s, which did improve the performance a bit-Back when a 1GGTE was over $4500 for a 1/2 cut. But today a 1GGTE is only $1500-2000 for a 1/2, I would defintely go that over what I did.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:joke
Next Topic:When do you like to cruise?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 00:22:28 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0052340030670166 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.