Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » Need fully licenced passenger for drift weekend in melb

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Phrostbyte
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Need fully licenced passenger for drift weekend in melb Mon, 06 December 2004 09:38 Go to next message
Ey peeps,
I'm on my learners and really want to bring my car to atleast the bbq if not the drift day, anyone out there got a full licence and no car to drive? 5 days and counting... Confused

Thanks,
Kev.
  Send a private message to this user    
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: Need fully licenced passenger for drift weekend in melb Mon, 06 December 2004 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hhmmm.... Confused
Phrostbyte
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: Need fully licenced passenger for drift weekend in melb Mon, 06 December 2004 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bumpage...
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: Need fully licenced passenger for drift weekend in melb Mon, 06 December 2004 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
get ur dad and/or mum
Phrostbyte
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: Need fully licenced passenger for drift weekend in melb Mon, 06 December 2004 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my mum and dad have no interest in drifting or modified sprinters man.... i have the SLIGHTEST feeling they wouldnt like standing around for 6 hours on sat and 12 hours on sun doing nothing... and also, i want to drift all the way to both events, mum would scream at me and dad would just grip his seatbelt and close his eyes, make me all nervy...

Laughing
peewee
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Need fully licenced passenger for drift weekend in melb Tue, 07 December 2004 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmmmmmm i'm sure that people will be really keen to get in the car with a learner who, despite obviously having incredibly little driving experience, still thinks it would be a good idea to "drift" all the way to the even on the public roads....... which will be full of cops around a big car meet
Phrostbyte
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: Need fully licenced passenger for drift weekend in melb Tue, 07 December 2004 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha joking man, only drift in my neighbourhood or if i see some good under-populated new estates on the way there... wouldnt drift on any main roads or anywhere near the meet.
Goose
Regular

April 2004
Re: Need fully licenced passenger for drift weekend in melb Tue, 07 December 2004 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mate, you will find that most full licensed drivers are hesitant to get in the car with a L plater driving, you would be surprised how much your driving actually improves in a few yrs, don't go pushin it mate don't become a statistic, keep it off the streets (beleive me mate i've learnt the hard way and it seems hypocritical but trust me)

Edit: should have said saying that you want to drift in new estates and so forth whilst on your L's will prolly just have put most full licensed driver off.

[Updated on: Tue, 07 December 2004 12:34]

Phrostbyte
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: Need fully licenced passenger for drift weekend in melb Tue, 07 December 2004 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm. you have a point. well anyway just to clarify, i got my learners 11 months ago, 1 month after i turned 16 and drove my dads ae92 pretty much every day for ages, and now that i have my ke70 ive been driving it a fair bit and i feel quite confident with it.

Anyway, got a passenger for drift day, and found out im going to be extremely busy for saturday, so im happy. thanks anyway dudes, and yes goose i will take your advice man, but yeah, just to let you know, there is a certain line of safety i wont cross and i have fast reflexes to stop the car if i over or understeer.
muaythaiman
Regular

August 2004
Re: Need fully licenced passenger for drift weekend in melb Tue, 07 December 2004 21:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if the chick in your avatar is coming ill pay for petrol Very Happy
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Need fully licenced passenger for drift weekend in melb Wed, 08 December 2004 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know i'm not much older than but i know i've been driving ALOT longer . you may think ur quick and all the rest of it but ive seen little things like getting ur finger hooked on ur sleeve whilst sideways end up in a write off.
I strongly suggest saving it for a track.

Also if a learner is caught speeding it's the licenced driver who takes the points.
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: Need fully licenced passenger for drift weekend in melb Wed, 08 December 2004 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
common guys take it easy on him. all he wanted was a passanger. NOT LECTURES!!

anyway, there r few things in life u have to learn the hardway. no easy way out. SO SAVE UR BREATH!!

im not a P plater so im not being bias. just being sensible.
muaythaiman
Regular

August 2004
Re: Need fully licenced passenger for drift weekend in melb Sat, 11 December 2004 03:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

I strongly suggest saving it for a track.

So what track experiance do you have?? Do you have a cams licence?
SetMeFree
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: Need fully licenced passenger for drift weekend in melb Sat, 11 December 2004 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GO HARD MATE!!! wen i was on my L's i learnt from mistakes, if u dont make mistakes u will never learn. lifes dangerous live it as hard as u can. on the safety issue my only advice is if ur gonna do sumfin dangerous make sure no 1 else can get hurt.... except 4 u Razz thats the way i learnt. alotta dead streets and a locked diff on my gemi is the way i learnt how 2 drive.
Phrostbyte
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: Need fully licenced passenger for drift weekend in melb Sat, 11 December 2004 13:23 Go to previous message
werd bro Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Finally!!
Next Topic:cracks for burning dvds?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 18:14:25 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0064389705657959 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.