Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Interstate Cruises and Events » Western Australia » [PERTH] OST Whoop Ass Wednesday, Dec 15th

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
[PERTH] OST Whoop Ass Wednesday, Dec 15th Mon, 22 November 2004 11:57 Go to next message
EDIT: heading down again on Wed 15th

Hey all!
Trying to get a few old skool owners together for a drag on Wednesday 15 Dec 04 @ Kwinana Motorplex.
Few OST members will be running their cars on the night, and we encourage others to come down! Smile

for those who haven't attended before, info at:
http://www.motorplex.com.au/calendar/drag_racing/e vent_whoop_ass_wed.html

Cheers
Damo
TRD 83

[Updated on: Fri, 03 December 2004 02:34]

Send a private message to this user    
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: [PERTH] OST Whoop Ass Wednesday, Dec 1st Tue, 23 November 2004 00:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I should probably be there.

On a side note, you know we don't have to put Perth in our titles any more? Laughing
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: [PERTH] OST Whoop Ass Wednesday, Dec 1st Tue, 23 November 2004 04:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey yeah?! when did that happen!! Razz
tho I've been using the Forums for past few months.. it never actaully clicked! .. thanks for pointing it out nathan!

Damo
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: [PERTH] OST Whoop Ass Wednesday, Dec 1st Tue, 23 November 2004 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haha, a while ago Smile

I'll be down there for sure Very Happy
Purple Monkey
Regular

April 2004
Re: [PERTH] OST Whoop Ass Wednesday, Dec 1st Tue, 23 November 2004 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good Idea puting this on toymods

We need another stock RA60 for a match race Laughing
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: [PERTH] OST Whoop Ass Wednesday, Dec 1st Tue, 23 November 2004 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't f'ing tempt me Very Happy
Purple Monkey
Regular

April 2004
Re: [PERTH] OST Whoop Ass Wednesday, Dec 1st Tue, 23 November 2004 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dare you no I double dare you Laughing
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: [PERTH] OST Whoop Ass Wednesday, Dec 1st Tue, 23 November 2004 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wheres my helmet? Laughing
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: [PERTH] OST Whoop Ass Wednesday, Dec 1st Tue, 23 November 2004 17:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Are you racing for pink slips too?!? Razz
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: [PERTH] OST Whoop Ass Wednesday, Dec 1st Wed, 24 November 2004 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haha, nah, what do I want with two RA60's?
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: [PERTH] OST Whoop Ass Wednesday, Dec 1st Wed, 24 November 2004 02:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I will lend you my helmet for a half share in Rob's RA60 to sell or strip for fun and profit. I reckon a loan of a brain bucket has got to be worth at least half an RA60...... Laughing
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: [PERTH] OST Whoop Ass Wednesday, Dec 1st Wed, 24 November 2004 02:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bahahaha, let us hope my dreaded carby decides she wants to play ball Smile
Purple Monkey
Regular

April 2004
Re: [PERTH] OST Whoop Ass Wednesday, Dec 1st Wed, 24 November 2004 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing Laughing Very Happy Laughing
Wildsupra
Regular

October 2003
Re: [PERTH] OST Whoop Ass Wednesday, Dec 1st Fri, 26 November 2004 12:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OOOKKK THEN so it looks like there is maybe 3 people going hahha. I am hoping to make it down there, is anyone else going that might be taking a mini for me to race? or should i just race my mini against you big boys with your jap cars Twisted Evil
Althought the mini is technically 1/2 maybe 3/4's jap anyway Laughing

Hope to see a few people down there.

Cheers
Matty
Purple Monkey
Regular

April 2004
Re: [PERTH] OST Whoop Ass Wednesday, Dec 1st Sun, 28 November 2004 01:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Ra60 just made it through last wed and it did what I wanted to do go quicker than 20sec just Very Happy

E/T 19.704 sec
Term speed 69.65mph 112.09kph
reac time 0.732

My aim is to get to 19.5 and a better reaction time
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: [PERTH] OST Whoop Ass Wednesday, Dec 1st Mon, 29 November 2004 04:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
w00t! RA60 POWAH!
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: [PERTH] OST Whoop Ass Wednesday, Dec 1st Tue, 30 November 2004 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey guys..
here's a bumpo and a reminder... see if we can get anymore interest..

My Supra may be up and running just in time for tomorrow's event... it may be struggling to keep up with the RA60's.. but it will be there anyway
"you could push it across the line... or maybe - tow it?!" Razz

Matty - this will be a good time for the mini sales pitch.. my purchase is pending decent quater mile times.. Very Happy

Look forward to seeing ya's there!

Damo
TRD 83
DenZel
Regular

January 2004
    -
Re: [PERTH] OST Whoop Ass Wednesday, Dec 1st Thu, 02 December 2004 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha...th yellow ra60....top time of 19.7's,,,was so kewl to watch...only celica there Sad
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: [PERTH] OST Whoop Ass Wednesday, Dec 1st Thu, 02 December 2004 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahh - respect to the yellow RA60!! hehe good stuff Ross! Very Happy

BTW - Matty's mini ran a best time of 15.9sec.. not bad at all for the first time out on the track!

stay tuned people.. I'll be heading down in a couple of weeks now that my Supra is running again.. spewin I missed out this time! *sigh* Sad

DAMO
TRD 83
Purple Monkey
Regular

April 2004
Re: [PERTH] OST Whoop Ass Wednesday, Dec 1st Thu, 02 December 2004 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
By the end of the Night I got down to a 19.645 Smile I will be going down again in 2 weeks to try and crack the 19.5 mark with a few mods to the car including even less interior and no muffler. I will also be taking a car trailer because there is a high chance the Mighty RA60 will be pushed not driven of the strip
DenZel
Regular

January 2004
    -
Re: [PERTH] OST Whoop Ass Wednesday, Dec 1st Thu, 02 December 2004 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha nice..il be there 4sho
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: [PERTH] OST Whoop Ass Wednesday, Dec 1st Thu, 02 December 2004 16:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i was gonna come but couldn't get anyone to come with me Sad

i wanna see the poWer of the corona Razz

i predict 20 seconds flat Very Happy
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: [PERTH] OST Whoop Ass Wednesday, Dec 1st Fri, 03 December 2004 01:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Purple Monkey wrote on Thu, 02 December 2004 17:41

with a few mods to the car including even less interior and no muffler.

AFAIK they won't let you race without a working muffler.
So strip the interior, the spare tyre, the jack, take the air filter off, and see if you can crack the sub 19.5 bracket.
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: [PERTH] OST Whoop Ass Wednesday, Dec 15th Fri, 03 December 2004 02:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ross - peewee is correct - street cars have to have a muffler. Rolling Eyes

Good news is that my Supra is up and running again.. just a few days too late. Therefore, organising to head down again on the 15th of Dec - hope we can get a few more people down there.
As long as I can better Ross's time of 19.5sec I'll be happy! hehe I don't expect anything too crash hot from my 2lt N/A tho!

*rubs his hands together in anticipation of the CT26 hairdryer* Very Happy

Damo
TRD 83
Wildsupra
Regular

October 2003
Re: [PERTH] OST Whoop Ass Wednesday, Dec 15th Fri, 03 December 2004 15:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The 15th ay damo? Mite have to make another appearance, have had a bit of a look under the mini and have figured out a way to possibly stop a lot of the torque steer and also keep the front end from jumping sky high and the rear squatting like a dog taking a shit, which should lead to at least a little bit more traction. God Dammit i want to run on the high boost setting!!!!

Dont spose ya got a towbar on the supra damo? or am i gunna have to drive it down there next time?

Cheers
JZA70_R
Regular

December 2003

Re: [PERTH] OST Whoop Ass Wednesday, Dec 15th Sun, 05 December 2004 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmmm, looks like I should have my new car by then Evil or Very Mad

Can't wait to drive the soarer.

Will also have to make a visit after work.

C U There Very Happy
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: [PERTH] OST Whoop Ass Wednesday, Dec 15th Mon, 06 December 2004 05:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool guys.. look forward to seeing some people down there.
Get there early as possible like Ross did last time and you can fit in 2 or 3 runs in a row before most of the crowd rocks up.

Matty - somethin definately needs to happen with that suspension hey.. looked like the front end wanted to take off and leave the rest of the car behind! .. hows those 245's coming?? that could also help with traction! Razz

Cheers
Damo
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: [PERTH] OST Whoop Ass Wednesday, Dec 15th Mon, 06 December 2004 05:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm in for the 15th for spectating.

Ross, I wanna see at least one run after 7:30 when I finally get there.

Who's with me in the stands?
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: [PERTH] OST Whoop Ass Wednesday, Dec 15th Mon, 06 December 2004 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Beware the black supercharged big block Dodge Charger running 12's! Not bad for a car that weighs nearly 2 tonnes - we're hoping to be down there either this Wednesday or the 15th?!
Celia-Sue
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: [PERTH] OST Whoop Ass Wednesday, Dec 15th Mon, 06 December 2004 07:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message

If I get time to sort out a few pithy things on my car beforehand (adjust clutch, tach, boost guage, oil & filter change, good gearbox fluid, etc.), I'll be there. I will need to borrow a stack-hat, though Rolling Eyes And my work-mate with an cherry-red LPG six-pack Charger might be there too! I'm dreaming of making it into the 12's on my first quarter mile in the JZA61 and I think he's hoping to make it to the finish Laughing
guilty_19
Regular

March 2004
Re: [PERTH] OST Whoop Ass Wednesday, Dec 15th Tue, 07 December 2004 03:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if someone could lent me a brain bucket.......i could be there

see if i can beat ross's times Very Happy
Purple Monkey
Regular

April 2004
Re: [PERTH] OST Whoop Ass Wednesday, Dec 15th Tue, 07 December 2004 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
go buy one you cheap basted Very Happy just kidding I will ask around

Rob u still want to buy the celica "drag car" if so this will be its last run
WaynO
Occasional Poster

September 2004
Re: [PERTH] OST Whoop Ass Wednesday, Dec 15th Tue, 07 December 2004 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well I was going to be doing a run tomorrow night but my thermostat is 'rooted' so gotta fix that as well as a few other cooling issues tomorrow and then I will be all set for the 15th with the rest of ya so count me in!!

Its my first run so who wants to go up aganist me?

Don't worry I'm sure I won't go fast first time round! Very Happy
SleekHer
Regular

March 2003
Re: [PERTH] OST Whoop Ass Wednesday, Dec 15th Mon, 13 December 2004 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll be there, no sleeka tho... gonna b there official camera person for the nite Razz

Will run for sure after motorvation in both the celica and hopefully the supra wen its done Very Happy , so for now its ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY MINI Laughing *now with sus mods* YAY!!!! Razz

C u guys on Wednesday nite!!!!

WaynO
Occasional Poster

September 2004
icon13.gif  Re: [PERTH] OST Whoop Ass Wednesday, Dec 15th Mon, 13 December 2004 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
F**K!!!

Count me out now! Well it wasnt my thermostat (althou that did need replacing) it looks like my water pump is the cause of the leaks. SO car goes into the shed first thing tomorrow to try and get it fix... don't think Ill be ready by Wednesday sorry guys. After Motorvation for me too!! Crying or Very Sad

BUT on the up side of things I finished installing my new Alpine door speakers and now the system is cranking sa-weet!! Motorvation SPL here we come!!! Very Happy

[Updated on: Mon, 13 December 2004 11:53]

WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: [PERTH] OST Whoop Ass Wednesday, Dec 15th Mon, 13 December 2004 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey guys - just to cause more confusion.. the guy thats organising the event is also gonna pike!! Confused ie Me

Due to xmas over spending and budget blowouts.. I'm now postponing my 1GGEU run till the following week (22nd Dec).

Wayno - no doubt your car will be ready by then.. along with Justin who is also fitting in some last minute mechanical touch ups to his JZA61...

Sorry about that guys.. but you're all welcome to come on the 22nd! Smile

Damo
TRD 83
WaynO
Occasional Poster

September 2004
Re: [PERTH] OST Whoop Ass Wednesday, Dec 15th Sun, 19 December 2004 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alright well took my water pump out last week and sure enough it was rooted big time! Bought a new one the next day and finished fitting it in today and putting the engine back together. Was running around today in the car and all leaks seems to be fixed and its all running beautifully!

So 22nd, thats this Wednesday right is that the next date? If so guess we'll all give it another shot to get down to the plex!
guilty_19
Regular

March 2004
Re: [PERTH] OST Whoop Ass Wednesday, Dec 15th Mon, 20 December 2004 03:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
people still going to this on the 22nd??

iam trying to get out of work, so i can make it down
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: [PERTH] OST Whoop Ass Wednesday, Dec 15th Mon, 20 December 2004 03:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I will be spectating.
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: [PERTH] OST Whoop Ass Wednesday, Dec 15th Mon, 20 December 2004 06:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good, you can pick me up on the way down!
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: OST Whoop Ass Wednesday, NOW.. Dec 22nd Mon, 20 December 2004 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok.. yes, definately heading down this wednesday.. provided there are no hiccups in the next 48hours.! Rolling Eyes

others joining me:
Wayno - Celica
Justin - JZA61 Supra
Matt - turbo Mini
Chris - 1G single turbo Soarer

Any other takers??

hope too see you all there on the day/night.

Cheers
Damo
TRD 83
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: OST Whoop Ass Wednesday, NOW.. Dec 22nd Mon, 20 December 2004 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i might come down

whos racing and whos watching?
Celia-Sue
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: [PERTH] OST Whoop Ass Wednesday, Dec 15th Tue, 21 December 2004 03:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message

BIG Embarassed ! I know you're all gonna think I'm Mr. Piker (which may be true), but I'm going to have to ask for another rain cheque - havn't sorted my clutch yet. I would be up for the 29th, or 6th.

Have fun, everyone!
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: [PERTH] OST Whoop Ass Wednesday, Dec 15th Tue, 21 December 2004 03:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Clutch or no-clutch, get a time
Celia-Sue
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: [PERTH] OST Whoop Ass Wednesday, Dec 15th Tue, 21 December 2004 05:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Nah - I want to protect my clutch, so I can get a time and drive home afterwards. Smile
guilty_19
Regular

March 2004
Re: [PERTH] OST Whoop Ass Wednesday, Dec 15th Tue, 21 December 2004 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pffft, a cooler hose broke today, and iam fixing it tomorrow, so i should be there, racing or not.

clutch.......who needs a clutch, just bang it through!!!

BOOYAAHH
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: [PERTH] OST Whoop Ass Wednesday, Dec 15th Wed, 22 December 2004 00:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry dudes, gonna have to cancel the spectating.

Went to buy some rollon grass last night, bunnings said 6:30 was too late to get it.
So its gonna have to be tonights job.
Purple Monkey
Regular

April 2004
Re: [PERTH] OST Whoop Ass Wednesday, Dec 15th Wed, 22 December 2004 03:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
U know I will be there But it jumps out of every gear other than 5th so it sould be fun Very Happy
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: [PERTH] OST Whoop Ass Wednesday, Dec 15th Wed, 22 December 2004 03:12 Go to previous message
guilty_19 wrote on Tue, 21 December 2004 18:50

pffft, a cooler hose broke today, and iam fixing it tomorrow, so i should be there, racing or not.

clutch.......who needs a clutch, just bang it through!!!

BOOYAAHH

yeah - what he said!! hehehe

Is anyone else gonna have a video camera? - Nathan.. still coming down to watch??
I got my digi camera back, so I can take pictures.. but I wouldn't mind a couple of videos of my car.. especially if Matty brings down my burnout tyres! Very Happy

Ross.. no clutch for you?!.. well that should make us a pretty even match up then! hehe my and my slow 1G N/A.. Razz

Cheers
Damo
TRD 83
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Perth: Motorvation 2005
Next Topic:omg joshsticks...not kool
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:07:08 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0066659450531006 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar