Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » New manifold CHECK IT OUT!! oh yeah some quesitons too

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
icon10.gif  New manifold CHECK IT OUT!! oh yeah some quesitons too Wed, 08 December 2004 08:18 Go to next message
Yo,

I have just today purchased this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/MR1GGTE/GZ20%20Soarer/1gmanifold.jpg

It is a new manifold for my 1GGTE and it has T25 Flanges, i was thinking of going for twin T28's as found on a GTR but it would seem that there would just be too much damn lag, as the car is going to be more of a drifter than a drag car I thought I would try and reduce the amount of lag

Anyway my questions are, can normal T25's off a CA18 be used together on a twin turbo manifold such as this?

How much boost can each turbo handle? (bear in mind i am aiming for 20psi on my motor)

Where do T25's run out of puff?

What external wastegate would be sufficient for two of these turbos say running 10psi (max) each?

Thanks in advance Very Happy

[Updated on: Wed, 08 December 2004 08:21]

Send a private message to this user    
RA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: New manifold CHECK IT OUT!! oh yeah some quesitons too Wed, 08 December 2004 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I thought both turbo's would have to be pumping 20 psi, and just half as much cfm.

But other than that, I'm of no help..

That manifold looks damn fine though.

Tim.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: New manifold CHECK IT OUT!! oh yeah some quesitons too Wed, 08 December 2004 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks man the manifold is sex0r Embarassed

anyone else?
Fattony
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: New manifold CHECK IT OUT!! oh yeah some quesitons too Wed, 08 December 2004 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im fairly certian its that you run 20psi out of each turbo and less cfm. As for those turbos, if they are the ones of a ca18det they are a heap of shit. Way to small for your application if you want 20psi that is, however keep in mind how much boost 20psi is esp if you want run on pump fuel. As for your chosen turbo i would not have seen them run over 12-13 psi on a stock application, just because most owners of these motors usually upgrade them with the 28 from the black top sr20det. Or if you wanted to go one better if you can afford it, perhaps use the gt28 from the s15. I seen this particular turbo in action on a 1.8 and high boost really aint a problem for them and they aint laggy at all.

Hope this helps

Nice manifold by the way
Cheers Adam

[Updated on: Wed, 08 December 2004 09:24]

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: New manifold CHECK IT OUT!! oh yeah some quesitons too Wed, 08 December 2004 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok cheers Very Happy

I guess ill put them on and let them run stock boost and tune the boost levels from there, i dont think ill get an aftermarket gate right away and see how things go from there Very Happy

Yes the T25's are shithouse on thier own but running two of them should make a difference...
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: New manifold CHECK IT OUT!! oh yeah some quesitons too Wed, 08 December 2004 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ow my eye ball
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: New manifold CHECK IT OUT!! oh yeah some quesitons too Wed, 08 December 2004 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would have thought t25's would be a pretty good setup on a 1g looking for some decent response. They are a definitely better than ct12s!

I wouldn't be choosing a boost level yet. I would install them, get it tuned and a lower boost level and see how you like it. If you want a bit more power up top, then up the boost and get it retuned.

BTW what ecu?
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: New manifold CHECK IT OUT!! oh yeah some quesitons too Wed, 08 December 2004 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Draza: zuh? Confused

Chris: I am thinking of biting the bullet and shelling out for a microtech which is gonna cost me about $1400 tuned and installed or maybe searching around for a second hand wolf (like yourself Wink) or EMS or something or maybe even just getting some emanage.

Does anyone know what the fuel system on a 3rd Gen 1GGTE can handle?
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: New manifold CHECK IT OUT!! oh yeah some quesitons too Wed, 08 December 2004 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks like a startled octopus!

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: New manifold CHECK IT OUT!! oh yeah some quesitons too Wed, 08 December 2004 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i must say he is a well hung startled octopus Cool
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: New manifold CHECK IT OUT!! oh yeah some quesitons too Wed, 08 December 2004 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if using a t25 from a ca
you need to block the external wastegate ports

or you could convert them to external wastegate and spend lots of $$$

EDIT: by the looks of it, it may have just a single wastegate port

[Updated on: Wed, 08 December 2004 11:17]

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: New manifold CHECK IT OUT!! oh yeah some quesitons too Wed, 08 December 2004 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well its not hard to get a peice of metal with a flange gasket and seal it up is it Very Happy

its not really worth converting T25's to external gate now is it Very Happy

if they were T28 Ball Bearing Jobbies then i would most probably consider it and i might go that way later on but for now ill stick to stock T25s Very Happy
Pube
Regular

May 2002
Re: New manifold CHECK IT OUT!! oh yeah some quesitons too Wed, 08 December 2004 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looks like a sweet manifold. Just curious, it looks brand new?? also where did you get it from and how much did you pay??
RA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: New manifold CHECK IT OUT!! oh yeah some quesitons too Wed, 08 December 2004 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think you'll find it much easier grabbing a set of second hand turbo's off something factory. They'll all basically have internal wastegates I think. No use converting them to external cause, unless you really push the envelope then the internals will cope and it'll be a waste of money.

if you are super-serious, and wanna blow the dosh, just get something built, will a big mofo wastegate Wink

It would be a shame wasting the wastegate pipe on that manifold though...

Tim.
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: New manifold CHECK IT OUT!! oh yeah some quesitons too Wed, 08 December 2004 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
get a ext gate and a screamer pipe Wink
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: New manifold CHECK IT OUT!! oh yeah some quesitons too Wed, 08 December 2004 22:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Right the plan is to set it all up using a pair of stock T25's from a CA18, do all the extra piping, dump, cooler, air filter pipe for those turbos, if that isnt enough then I will upgrade to either T25G's or the smaller T28's from the GTR's, if that isnt enough then GT25's all the way but seeing as they are about $1300 each then i dont think that will be happening anytime soon Confused

*drools at thoughts of 48mm Deltagate and Screamer Pipe
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: New manifold CHECK IT OUT!! oh yeah some quesitons too Wed, 08 December 2004 22:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey nice manifold work mate , how much did u buy it for and was it a custom job prob is but iil ask anyway Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised theres also some variant called the t25 g which is more powerfull , but migh have some lag check it out though
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: New manifold CHECK IT OUT!! oh yeah some quesitons too Wed, 08 December 2004 23:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i cant tell you how much it cost otherwhise id have to kill you http://www.nissansilvia.com/forums/html/emoticons/ph34r.gif

but lets just say it was cheap, thats why i went for it.

Its from japan so its 100% JDM NO BOOSHEET! Laughing

I am beginning to think it might be a brand name job, the tag and the workmanship seem to make me sway that way, even if it is custom job it looks like it was made by someone who knew what they were doing, a few of my mates have had a look at the picture and reckon it looks like a very efficient manifold Very Happy

T25G isnt really worth it, as i can get RB26DETT T28s for the same price, the whole point of experimenting with the T25's is too see how much i can extract out of them and if its worth it, i know for sure the T28s will be better but i would like to see if the T25s are good enough Very Happy
boxh34d
Regular

May 2004
Re: New manifold CHECK IT OUT!! oh yeah some quesitons too Thu, 09 December 2004 03:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
think about the twin T25's for a moment.
1 on a CA18 is enough for around the 150 RWKW mark??
therefore, thinking purely logically, 2 of them would amount to some serious power, as they only have to feed 1 litre each on a 1GGZE.
twin GTR T28's would be lag city, they arent even that responsive on a RB26, how do you think they would go on a 1G.
my advice would be stick with the CA T25's.
and btw, that manifold is horn Shocked

[Updated on: Thu, 09 December 2004 03:25]

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: New manifold CHECK IT OUT!! oh yeah some quesitons too Thu, 09 December 2004 03:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks boxhead Embarassed Embarassed

like i said ill try em out, i have found out i can get a pair for around $150 which is decent Very Happy
Ribbo
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: New manifold CHECK IT OUT!! oh yeah some quesitons too Thu, 09 December 2004 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Phill (Traction Issues) had a 1g celica with twin gtr t28 turbo's

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=23254&rid=20&S=14d9fab04df4ae9e295f7f4bb 5a24261&pl_view=&start=0#msg_194705.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: New manifold CHECK IT OUT!! oh yeah some quesitons too Thu, 09 December 2004 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i just sent him an email, I hope he gets it Confused

OMFG his intake plenium was a monster, my plenium wants to grow to that size when its older too Embarassed
1200det
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: New manifold CHECK IT OUT!! oh yeah some quesitons too Thu, 09 December 2004 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Verban strikes again Shocked $300 Shocked what a bargain
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: New manifold CHECK IT OUT!! oh yeah some quesitons too Thu, 09 December 2004 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1200det wrote on Thu, 09 December 2004 21:59

shhh dont tell anyone Laughing

but damn it was cheap Very Happy

He had it on the site two minutes and i rang him and gave him a deposit there and then Very Happy
1200det
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: New manifold CHECK IT OUT!! oh yeah some quesitons too Thu, 09 December 2004 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ooooops sorry Very Happy

I can EDIT
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: New manifold CHECK IT OUT!! oh yeah some quesitons too Thu, 09 December 2004 17:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehe the cat is out of the bag
so i may as well post this

http://home.iprimus.com.au/jverban/1g%20manifold.jpg

awesome price dude

[Updated on: Thu, 09 December 2004 17:35]

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: New manifold CHECK IT OUT!! oh yeah some quesitons too Thu, 09 December 2004 21:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
like it matters now, ffs 1200det posted it in bold...

It just would have been nice if i wanted to sell it and make some money at some stage but it seems that would be out of the question now Confused

Im not selling it BTW Very Happy
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: New manifold CHECK IT OUT!! oh yeah some quesitons too Fri, 10 December 2004 02:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
all the more reason to keep it
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: New manifold CHECK IT OUT!! oh yeah some quesitons too Fri, 10 December 2004 02:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
as said its not going anywhere Very Happy

Products are on order as of today, i.e. Two R33 GTR T28's, Hybrid FMIC 600x300x80 and new headgasket Embarassed
monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: New manifold CHECK IT OUT!! oh yeah some quesitons too Fri, 10 December 2004 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1GGTE wrote on Thu, 09 December 2004 22:00

1200det wrote on Thu, 09 December 2004 21:59

shhh dont tell anyone Laughing

but damn it was cheap Very Happy

He had it on the site two minutes and i rang him and gave him a deposit there and then Very Happy

What site is this?
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: New manifold CHECK IT OUT!! oh yeah some quesitons too Fri, 10 December 2004 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.yahoomotorsport.com

I rang him today and he is taking the picture of the manifold off tonight Very Happy
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: New manifold CHECK IT OUT!! oh yeah some quesitons too Fri, 10 December 2004 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1GGTE wrote on Thu, 09 December 2004 09:05

Right the plan is to set it all up using a pair of stock T25's from a CA18, do all the extra piping, dump, cooler, air filter pipe for those turbos, if that isnt enough then I will upgrade to either T25G's or the smaller T28's from the GTR's, if that isnt enough then GT25's all the way but seeing as they are about $1300 each then i dont think that will be happening anytime soon Confused

I like your plan but i dont think ull be able to run 20psi on gtr turbos if they are ceramic wheels. Max will be 14psi if you want em to last but even then it should have some serious mumbo
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: New manifold CHECK IT OUT!! oh yeah some quesitons too Fri, 10 December 2004 23:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Fri, 10 December 2004 22:11

MR 1GGTE wrote on Thu, 09 December 2004 09:05

I like your plan but i dont think ull be able to run 20psi on gtr turbos if they are ceramic wheels. Max will be 14psi if you want em to last but even then it should have some serious mumbo

Yeah i have already established that, i have been told at about 14-15 psi with a good tune i could be making about 200-220 rwkw Smile

Which will suffice untill I can save up and get two GT28's off a two GTIR's
Hunty
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: New manifold CHECK IT OUT!! oh yeah some quesitons too Sat, 11 December 2004 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol so manifolds are ok to buy from vermin but not cars? Wink

isnt ur soarer auto, u changing it to manual as well or u gonna slot that puppy into D for drift

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: New manifold CHECK IT OUT!! oh yeah some quesitons too Sat, 11 December 2004 23:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HAHAHAHAHA

no definitiely not ok to buy cars from vermin....

Manifolds, i guess ill find out Wink

Manual has to come i suppose but with the power i estimate i will be making then a W57 might not hold it, especially the way i drive so the W58 might have to be the go Smile
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: New manifold CHECK IT OUT!! oh yeah some quesitons too Sun, 12 December 2004 01:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what about twin GT15's from saab 93 turbo, they can boost up to 21psi on the saabs and he hit boost at 1500rpm on a 2.3l motor
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: New manifold CHECK IT OUT!! oh yeah some quesitons too Sun, 12 December 2004 01:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah a pair of them would be nice but unfortunately i cant afford them right now Sad

Do they have a T25/28 flange tho?
1ggte89
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: New manifold CHECK IT OUT!! oh yeah some quesitons too Sun, 12 December 2004 16:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
man u so beat me to that manifold
grrr Razz

wats wrong with buyin cars off vermin?

has any1 bought a car off him?

ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: New manifold CHECK IT OUT!! oh yeah some quesitons too Sun, 12 December 2004 18:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how do you think the 1g will spool those gtr turbos up?
fairly laggy i would imagine
boxh34d
Regular

May 2004
Re: New manifold CHECK IT OUT!! oh yeah some quesitons too Sun, 12 December 2004 23:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that was my point from before. . .
Dirty_Sanchez
Regular

January 2004

Re: New manifold CHECK IT OUT!! oh yeah some quesitons too Mon, 13 December 2004 00:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'd be keen to see how your setup goes.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: New manifold CHECK IT OUT!! oh yeah some quesitons too Mon, 13 December 2004 02:02 Go to previous message
yes it will be laggy, I am anticipating that, but usually if you want to make fairly large power you have to deal with lag, unfortunately Sad

there will be a full run down on how everything goes during the project Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:S-AFC on a ST185
Next Topic:3T-GTE/3T-C
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 20:46:29 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0062229633331299 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.