Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
datdat
Occasional Poster

February 2003
help: gze starting problem Thu, 09 December 2004 02:56 Go to next message
I have problem starting my ae86 with 4agze conversion. The engine is a AE92 Map sensor gze. When we turn the key... the starter motor crank, the engine sound like it want to turn and idle, but it just cut off in a split second. We checked the injectors and there is fuel going to the injector, but not sure if it opening or not. We think the computer isn't telling the injectors to open. We have sent the computer away for check and it come back passes everything, also the ignition modules & coil pack checked and pass, so the computer is fine.

We also tested by spraying carby cleaner into one of the hoses which goes directly into the engine. At the same time spraying and starting the car, the car stayed on & running as long as he keep spraying. so this seem to be fine.

Any advise what i can do?

Thanks.
  Send a private message to this user    
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: help: gze starting problem Thu, 09 December 2004 06:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
UMMM - stupid question maybe, but have you upgraded the fuel system to an EFI system?

Also, how have you wired up your fuel pumps?
Kyosho
Regular

November 2004
Re: help: gze starting problem Thu, 09 December 2004 06:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What are the injectors set to fire at when cranking?

You may have zero fuel on crank, therefore, you will have NO starting... Or it might be too lean, or too rich...
datdat
Occasional Poster

February 2003
Re: help: gze starting problem Thu, 09 December 2004 23:50 Go to previous message
WITZL: we upgraded to EFI system, using external VN fuel pump. I think the way it is wired how the AE92 front cut was wired.

Kyosho: On crank, fuel are going to the normal injectors.

We found out that on cranks, that if the engine rev more than 1,000rpm the injectors stop pulsing, but less it pulse fine. Also if we bypass the cold start injector and feed it direct power, the car rev up 4K rpm no problem.

Could this be some faulty sensors doing this?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:What would be a suitable exhaust for a ST162
Next Topic:AE92 JDM Oil Filter (4AGZE)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 15 02:00:06 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0042479038238525 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.