Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Members Rides » Fuji's 86 rebuild NOW WITH PICTURES!!!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Fujiwara_ToFu
Regular

March 2004

Fuji's 86 rebuild NOW WITH PICTURES!!! Tue, 19 October 2004 05:47 Go to next message
Thanks to all who've offered me a hand, parts and some cases money to get her back on the road.

The deadline i've given myself to get her spick and span is December 12th, the driftnat meet.

Pictures below illustrate what needs to be fixed and how empty she is right now.
It's like a mini make over and hopefully, it'll be better than what she was before the event happend.

The list im writing is for my own reference, not an invitation to give me parts (i just feel so bad accepting them~!)

-Battery clips and wires (bastards clipped and bent the arm holding the battery)
-New master cylinder locks
-Alarm / immobilizer / killswitch
-Bolts that hold seats
-Cd player
-Wheels and tyres
-Re-align front and rear bumper
-Fix TRD front spoiler
-Hammer in front left quarter panel (wheel arch)
-Left rear mirror shell (kindly dontated by oz_eight6)
-Console panel (kindly donated by oz_eight6)
-Seats (Kindly dontated by Ray)
-Boss kit (Kindly donated by levinae86melbourne)
-Ambi pur (this makes me so angry!)
-Bolt to hold steering wheel.

Kick starting my rebuild with a recaro (pictured) much like my old one... except there's only one seat.

Today i'm going to pick up a momo 'race' steering wheel.

Hopefully when the exams finish, i'll have all the bits and pieces i need to get her running. Probably even hire a professional car detailer!

Slowly, it's coming back together Smile

-Jay

[Updated on: Sun, 28 November 2004 15:56]

Send a private message to this user    
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Fuji's 86 rebuild Tue, 19 October 2004 05:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll donate an ambi pur Smile Courtesy of Coles haha
JDM-086
Regular

March 2004
Re: Fuji's 86 rebuild Tue, 19 October 2004 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it'll b back and better than ever...
you can do it!
Fujiwara_ToFu
Regular

March 2004

Re: Fuji's 86 rebuild Tue, 19 October 2004 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing

All good! I think i can manage the ambipur Razz
My god, still trying to figure out WHY they would take ambi pur.

I imagine this unclean little grease monkey at school trying to deal out stolen ambi pur to his mates

"yo, i got a new ambipur man... its hot... 2 bucks yeah im a sic cunt".

Thanks for the support Dario, it'll be ready, i promise.
Nice and shmick.

-Jay

Skaney
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Fuji's 86 rebuild Tue, 19 October 2004 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol at ambipur.

I remember when I was young my mums car got stolen, and I was spewin cause I left a lego man in it and it wasnt there when the car was recovered!

The things the dickehads steal... I think alot of the time its like a trophy for them, if you know what I mean.
levin_boi
Regular

March 2004
Re: Fuji's 86 rebuild Tue, 19 October 2004 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahah ambi pur. hey jay are the ae82 mirrors the same as the 86 mirrors? if so u got an almost new left mirror waiting for you.
oh yeah if i see a ambi pur in da trading post. i'll buy it then chop the dude in da face. heheh chop chop

sab
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Fuji's 86 rebuild Tue, 19 October 2004 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
want some stickers dude?

ive got a few black kouki levin sets left Very Happy

http://www.digitalfunk.net/Garth/ae86/stickers/levinsticker.gif

[Updated on: Tue, 19 October 2004 10:38]

driftae86
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Fuji's 86 rebuild Tue, 19 October 2004 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
when my previous car got broken into, they took my steering wheel, skateboard, some burnt cd's from the glove box and also my air freshener.

the air freshener was fairly shiny - maybe thats why they stole it?

bastards, i want my burnt initial d music back!! Razz
Fujiwara_ToFu
Regular

March 2004

Re: Fuji's 86 rebuild Tue, 19 October 2004 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Garth, those stickers look wicked.

How much ya want for em? I've stopped accepting charity, i feel awefully uncomfortable with it.

Yep, progress... i picked up a brand new MOMO corse steering wheel today. $140 bucks.

The catch you ask?

I'ts bloody yellow.
So gonna bleach and redye it to black when i get the time.

Another piece closer to her being on the road.
Hmm i'll need to replace that TRD oil cap too.

Back to studying Razz

-Jay

GOD THE AMBI PUR! still outraged.
Hmm i cant upload anymore pictures? anybody got an answer for this?
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Fuji's 86 rebuild Wed, 20 October 2004 00:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jay if you need tips on replacing the ignition barrel, ask me, was a pain the bloody ass to replace, so don't hesitate if you need help

Dez
Fujiwara_ToFu
Regular

March 2004

Re: Fuji's 86 rebuild Wed, 20 October 2004 01:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dez, i read ur ride and OH MY GOOOOOD~!

You have a fkn nice ride man.
Shocked

Hehe, i have a couple of people working on the ignition in the summer. If we get stuck i'll know who to call.
I'm scouting out for some DISHED out rims Smile

I can get watanabe but i'm looking out for others too.
Buddyclub p1's but i can't decide!!!!

-Jay
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Fuji's 86 rebuild Wed, 20 October 2004 01:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
longchamp xr4's would suit your car to a tee jay!

good luck with everything... quix east doncaster has open discount for you when im working (but then again everything is cheaper at autobarn even with the discount i give hahahahahaha)
Fujiwara_ToFu
Regular

March 2004

Re: Fuji's 86 rebuild Sun, 24 October 2004 14:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey,

Well, i'm not quite sure how to post a pic but i do have some of my lil beast riding on lil_MiC's old rims.

Good news today is: ShiRi: I BOUGHT LONGCHAMPS!

Heh ^_^

Hopefully i can grab some rubber and get her started really soon.
The rebuild is slower but this is the best i could do given my exams are in 3 days... no wait.. 2!

Shoot.
Don't suppose anyone here has a major in finance doing a bach. of commerce? Sad

I feel failure in the air.

-Jay
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Fuji's 86 rebuild Mon, 25 October 2004 04:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you do fail, ask for leaneancy in the circumstances, ie just before your exam your car got stolen, and this distrupted your study preperation period as you had poured your heart and soul into the car and to see some low life scum steal it made it impossible to study, worth a try, youve got nothing to lose
JDM-086
Regular

March 2004
Re: Fuji's 86 rebuild Mon, 25 October 2004 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
u could also point out the fact that ur books were in the car therefore hindering ur study. like he said, got nothing to loose Very Happy
spirokeet
Regular

July 2004
Re: Fuji's 86 rebuild Mon, 25 October 2004 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, your previous threads would be good evidence for your appeal.
Fujiwara_ToFu
Regular

March 2004

Re: Fuji's 86 rebuild Fri, 12 November 2004 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
With Uni now aside and nothing but summer days and freetime the time has finally come to rebuild her.

Apologies for all as i haven't the time to update this thread.
Right now, i have ALL the main components (and more Wink u'll see on dec 12... ) to go right in.

I'll try and organise a working bee, i have a couple of keen guys helping me and before u know it... i'll be smack bang at the next meet.

Heh, with a sticker saying "NOW WITH VITAMIN 4A-GE and alarm!!!

I'm dying to reveal what my newest major purchases are... but i think i'll just 'show' u the finished project at the end of my terrible ordeal.

-Jay
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Fuji's 86 rebuild Sun, 14 November 2004 03:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cmon jay, pics or ban!
Fujiwara_ToFu
Regular

March 2004

Re: Fuji's 86 rebuild Tue, 16 November 2004 17:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Garth,

For some reason i can't upload images anymore?
I don't have my own server to host em... so umm hmm Razz

As for the rebuild, i have good news.

SHE'S ALIVE!!!
We wired a battery and she started (using the same technique as the theives did, a screwdriver in a bunged up ignition barrel).

At this point, it didn't sound too well. The idle was rough but i hope after changing the oil and cleaning the spark plugs and check the leads and stuff should have that problem corrected. It's definately apparent that my lil beast was fanged nicely as there no hardly a trace of oil left in the sump.

Another news is, thanks to the terrific and hard work of hemitwofifteenturbo (Glen) who spent over 10 hours wiring in the nicest alarm job i've ever seen, she is gonna be one hard sprniter to steal from now on. I also got help from a non-toymod toyota fan, Chow and old Ray popped in and lent a hand as well, Thanks guys!

Tomorrow (or, today rather) the battery terminals are going to be properly fixed as opposed to the current battery clamps that's keeping her alive. Stocky seats are going to go back in i have to look for a new ignition barrel and other bits and pieces. I've sanded down the sideskirts and they're going to be primed hopefully by tomorrow too.

We figured since the interior is out, we might as well install the headunit (the alarm, immobilizer and c.locking is working nicely Very Happy) and fix that annoying loose wire that makes my dashlight go out when the headlights are turned on.

Here's a small list of what i need to find

-Battery bracket rod
-Steering nut
-Misc plastic pull out screws (a few are missing due to Glenn's "accident")
-Stock seat bolts (x8)
-Rear coilover ... bolt thing (as a result of being pulled on her belly)
-Rims and tyres
-Vacuum and spit shine

And she's set!!!
At this rate, hopefully the rims will arrive by next week and she'll be running again Very Happy

I'll keep you guys posted.

-Jay
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Fuji's 86 rebuild Tue, 16 November 2004 22:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you forgot the ignition barrel Jay Cool

Fujiwara_ToFu
Regular

March 2004

Re: Fuji's 86 rebuild Wed, 17 November 2004 03:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
D'oh!!!!
Matt-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

October 2003

Re: Fuji's 86 rebuild Wed, 17 November 2004 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=34629&rid=3968&S=e10866381835443b6a57310 d5fd2c51b&pl_view=&start=0#msg_305225

I hope this helps, this is usually the problem, the pcb board that is used in the switch, i would hope its not this and only a wire, or we could hope its not the wire, and be only this ? Razz

Anyway, nice to see everything is going well for you, and it seems there wont be any break ins anymore Very Happy the alarm system sounds crazy !!

About the seats, 14mm bolts, 6 should be around 25mm and 2 35mm long. Use some nice washers too Smile

Matt

[Updated on: Wed, 17 November 2004 04:05]

Fujiwara_ToFu
Regular

March 2004

Re: Fuji's 86 rebuild Sun, 28 November 2004 16:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi all...

After what is seemingly endless weeks of anticipation my car is finally back on the road. The clock has just ticked a little over 24-hours and i'm proud to say she runs very smoothly.

I have a couple of pictures of how she DID look like when i found her at port melbourne as much i hate to see them i'm glad to see her built up again.

BEFORE

Ignition Barrel: This looked like the work of professionals. The barrel itself was taken very cleanly without any dents and marks to the upper or lower shroud.

http://img94.exs.cx/img94/9821/interior3.jpg

Interior: Thieves made off with everything but the ambi pur... oh wait! they took that too Razz No i'm not bitter about it. Thankfully the console, dash, instrument cluster, carpet and glove box was untouched.

http://img94.exs.cx/img94/9821/interior3.jpg

Front: Yep, even though all the goodies remained untouched... the sight of a car on sitting on the discs brings a tear to the eye. I guess the expression of 'dumped' is appropriate in this case.

http://img127.exs.cx/img127/5390/front7.jpg
Fujiwara_ToFu
Regular

March 2004

Re: Fuji's 86 rebuild NOW WITH PICTURES!!! Sun, 28 November 2004 17:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
On with the build...

We first got started by offloading the car from the insurance warehouse and putting Mic's old TSW rims on her to make sure it was sitting on something. I have no pictures of this, but believe me it was hard work.

The rims weren't a easy fit as it occured to me later he was running different front brakes. With 2 wheel nuts per wheel we pushed her into the driveway of a friend's house where she laid dormant over the examination period.

When the exams started, i luckily had all my bits and pieces ready. From the top of my head,

-Steering wheel, boss kit
-Alarm, Immobilzer, Central locking
-Stock seats
-CD player
-TRD motor oil cap
-Battery
-Earth terminal
-Seat bolts (kindly donated from my 4AC sprinter)
-Misc bolts and pieces.

Hemi_twofifteen_turbo, Chow and i worked relentlessly into the night stripping most of the interior which included all the door, dash, interior trims and plastic coverings.

Work in progress: Here's a shot to prep the central locking and to hide the main alarm unit (not pictured, for my sake Wink)

http://img41.exs.cx/img41/4697/P1115_184946.jpg

Work in progress... into the wee hours of the morning: Yep... it took us over 15-20 hours to put it all together. No shortcuts were made and Hemi_twofifteen_turbo is NOT an amateur. It really took that long to hide, solder, strip etc. to get it just right.

http://img95.exs.cx/img95/7057/P1115_221515.jpg

... and yeah well... we had to have some fun.... here's a funny shot of Chow holding his old cannon muffler with welding goggles.

http://img34.exs.cx/img34/6996/P1115_221547.jpg

Here's a pic of tech god himself, Hemi_twofifteen_turbo. No kids, it's not really Jesus... in the case where u think it really is christ himself... his new holy water is jim beam and cola. Thank god this isn't a christianity board... i'll be labelled as a heretic and have my balls hung for that comment... and if you happen to be a loyal worshipper.... chillax and have a jimmy on me ;P

http://img37.exs.cx/img37/8505/P1115_210510.jpg

Fujiwara_ToFu
Regular

March 2004

Re: Fuji's 86 rebuild NOW WITH PICTURES!!! Sun, 28 November 2004 17:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here's the pics that i'm sure you've all been waiting for.

I don't have any interior pics, but it's pretty stocky atm with the UGLIEST yellow momo wheel you can imagine.

I kind of held all the suprises in, but yep she's running very nicely now.

It was idling very rough when we first cranked it over but after flushing all the spiders that have made themsevles at home in my exhaust it was starting to sound like herself again.

Engine bay: The pic is a bit messy as you can see. At that stage we haven't finished all the wires and what not. The terminals were connected but again, it was just to see if she would start.

And suprise! A new whiteline adjustable strut brace which unfortunately was not meant to be for a JDM set up. I had to reallocate my washer bottle because bend rod and my plate met up was done on the wrong side. Hard to explain and i hope the pictures would do more justice. Shame on you truenosedan!

http://img16.exs.cx/img16/3807/P1116_190043.jpg

[Updated on: Sun, 28 November 2004 17:17]

Fujiwara_ToFu
Regular

March 2004

Re: Fuji's 86 rebuild NOW WITH PICTURES!!! Sun, 28 November 2004 17:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here she is as she stands today.

Rear shot: I got the SSR's off Bernard in perth about 2-3 days ago but i needed to raise funds for the tyres. I officially have $3 in my bank account.

http://img112.exs.cx/img112/6687/P1127_180506.jpg

Front shot: Here's one of the front parked in back of the town parking where it should've been to save me headache and trauma... and probably a pass in my accounting exam.

http://img125.exs.cx/img125/2898/P1127_193042.jpg

Last couple of things now are:

-Vertical brackets to hold my damned CD player.
-Those stupid plastic clips that have to be pushed in the centre to take em out (Hemi broke about 3 of em while installing the alarm.)
-Properly relocate the washer bottle without the need for electrical tape.
-Priming and painting my JDM fibreglass sideskirts
-Reconnecting my clock
-Reconnecting the cruise control
-Replacing driver/passenger door locks
-Modify passenger rail to fit a RECARO Njoy
-Modify drivers rail to fit a BRIDE ZETA 2 (black) bucket seat
-Cut and polish, vacuum
and finally... this one's for you Des... replacing the ignition barrel Laughing

That's all for now... it's 4:34am and i'll keep everyone posted.

-Jay

4AGE
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Fuji's 86 rebuild NOW WITH PICTURES!!! Sun, 28 November 2004 20:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lol great work jay. Nice effect on those night pictures.
Anyway love the rims. Lemme know if u need anything. Along the lines of the times u post at 4:34am. Get some sleep dude. Laughing
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Fuji's 86 rebuild NOW WITH PICTURES!!! Sun, 28 November 2004 22:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fujiwara_ToFu wrote on Mon, 29 November 2004 04:34

-Those stupid plastic clips that have to be pushed in the centre to take em out (Hemi broke about 3 of em while installing the alarm.)
-Properly relocate the washer bottle without the need for electrical tape.
-Priming and painting my JDM fibreglass sideskirts
-Reconnecting my clock
-Reconnecting the cruise control
-Replacing driver/passenger door locks
-Modify passenger rail to fit a RECARO Njoy
-Modify drivers rail to fit a BRIDE ZETA 2 (black) bucket seat
-Cut and polish, vacuum
and finally... this one's for you Des... replacing the ignition barrel Laughing

That's all for now... it's 4:34am and i'll keep everyone posted.

-Jay

goddam Jay !! I'm getting sleepy just reading those posts! get some sleep dude~! Surprised

nothin like startin it up screwdriver style.....when i went to the exhaust shop the next day to get my pipin re-done, i had to pick my locks to get in, start it up with a screwdriver and roll it down hills with Aust. Post pipes replacing my I/C piping Laughing I had to show my licence to the pipe dude to prove it was my car LOL

edit: check this out, bit of a reminiscence (sp):

http://forums.club4ag.com/topic.asp?whichpage=1&am p;ARCHIVEVIEW=&TOPIC_ID=90053

[Updated on: Mon, 29 November 2004 05:03]

ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: Fuji's 86 rebuild NOW WITH PICTURES!!! Sun, 28 November 2004 22:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Great to see the car up and running!

Keep up the great work!

Cheers.
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Fuji's 86 rebuild NOW WITH PICTURES!!! Mon, 29 November 2004 04:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looking schmick again...well done Very Happy
Phrostbyte
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: Fuji's 86 rebuild NOW WITH PICTURES!!! Mon, 29 November 2004 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Amazing u got it back up and cranking so fast Jay man, well done! Hope to see it on the Dec 11 cruise, as I probably wont make it to the dec 12 drift meet.

Keep it up! Razz
mikes86
Regular

September 2004
Re: Fuji's 86 rebuild NOW WITH PICTURES!!! Mon, 29 November 2004 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice work chief, theres nothing like working in the dark on cars Razz, good to see she's all good now
keep it up
Fujiwara_ToFu
Regular

March 2004

Re: Fuji's 86 rebuild NOW WITH PICTURES!!! Mon, 29 November 2004 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heh thanks guys.

Yeh luckily everything that i planned was on schedule.
And why aren't u coming to the drift day Kev?

Thanks to everyone who've supported me over that really hard period... you all were a much greater support than i could ever have hoped for!!! rock on Smile

-Jay

Phrostbyte
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: Fuji's 86 rebuild NOW WITH PICTURES!!! Mon, 29 November 2004 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If anyone doesn't have a drivable car and has a full licence and is happy to sit passenger, then ill be at the drift meet Very Happy

But yeah, at the current stage I only have a person arranged for the cruise...
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: Fuji's 86 rebuild NOW WITH PICTURES!!! Mon, 29 November 2004 17:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Phrostbyte wrote on Mon, 29 November 2004 22:13

If anyone doesn't have a drivable car and has a full licence and is happy to sit passenger, then ill be at the drift meet Very Happy

But yeah, at the current stage I only have a person arranged for the cruise...

i'll be glad to be ur passanger Very Happy if my car is not driveable yet. Sad

is an intl license considered full license??

Car is lookin good jay. Cant wait to see the real thing. Drift on dude!!
Tats
Regular

I Supported Toymods

December 2003
Re: Fuji's 86 rebuild NOW WITH PICTURES!!! Mon, 29 November 2004 21:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
On a side note.... did you pass your Accounting exam? Laughing La Trobe passed me, and I didn't know shit!
Fujiwara_ToFu
Regular

March 2004

Re: Fuji's 86 rebuild NOW WITH PICTURES!!! Tue, 30 November 2004 04:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Results in 3 days.

And it's unlikely i'll pass because i didn't go to the exam at all...

Sad
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Fuji's 86 rebuild NOW WITH PICTURES!!! Tue, 30 November 2004 04:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats tha way! skipping an exam and then hoping to pass Laughing Very Happy Laughing Very Happy

i like ur style Jay lol
Phrostbyte
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: Fuji's 86 rebuild NOW WITH PICTURES!!! Tue, 30 November 2004 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahahah bad luck jay, maybe they'll see the blank peice of paper and feel sorry for you? A+'s all round Very Happy

Any other offers for a full licence passenger? Just incase he get's his car gets fixed, i want to know whether I'm putting 1 & 2 or 1,2 & 3 on that thread already! Razz

Kev.
Fujiwara_ToFu
Regular

March 2004

Re: Fuji's 86 rebuild NOW WITH PICTURES!!! Tue, 30 November 2004 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh, another thing...

We reconnected this wire, and i swear i didn't know i have it but when i was driving over 100km/h the car actually goes "dong dong, ding dong"

100% pure takumi wank factor.... i love it!

-Jay
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Fuji's 86 rebuild NOW WITH PICTURES!!! Tue, 30 November 2004 21:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is yours an import Jay? you also mentioned earlier that u had cruise control.
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Fuji's 86 rebuild NOW WITH PICTURES!!! Tue, 30 November 2004 22:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i was scratching my head to the cruise control mentioning

i think he has an updated dash.
Fujiwara_ToFu
Regular

March 2004

Re: Fuji's 86 rebuild NOW WITH PICTURES!!! Wed, 01 December 2004 01:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nope.. it's a Aus spec with complete JDM running gear.

The cruise control is an aftermarket item.

Is there such thing as an updated dash?
joyride
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

January 2003
icon14.gif  Re: Fuji's 86 rebuild NOW WITH PICTURES!!! Wed, 01 December 2004 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the last two shots of your car looks great dude.
Cool
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Fuji's 86 rebuild NOW WITH PICTURES!!! Wed, 01 December 2004 03:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
updated dash meaning digitial zenki/kouki one, or the various array of aftermarket ones available in analog with 9000 rpm and 240km/h
Fujiwara_ToFu
Regular

March 2004

Re: Fuji's 86 rebuild NOW WITH PICTURES!!! Wed, 01 December 2004 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thx joyride.

Yep that's the lil beast i spent forever mourning about and the rest of toymods melbourne trying to find Smile

des: Ah sou.

I'll get some shots of the interior once the seats and other bits are back in place. The driver side door is still .. naked! Very Happy

-Jay
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: Fuji's 86 rebuild NOW WITH PICTURES!!! Wed, 08 December 2004 06:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fujiwara_ToFu wrote on Wed, 01 December 2004 01:10

Oh, another thing...

We reconnected this wire, and i swear i didn't know i have it but when i was driving over 100km/h the car actually goes "dong dong, ding dong"

100% pure takumi wank factor.... i love it!

-Jay

im still not sick of mine yet Very Happy Very Happy
LiL_MiC
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Fuji's 86 rebuild NOW WITH PICTURES!!! Thu, 09 December 2004 14:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice job jay! gotta love the dedication and effort that people can put into their cars.. it's just an absolute inspiration.

[Updated on: Thu, 09 December 2004 14:14]

trdcamry93
Occasional Poster

July 2004
Re: Fuji's 86 rebuild NOW WITH PICTURES!!! Thu, 09 December 2004 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Man thats gotta be a real Bummer for u at the time of exams... but now you move on and you Fixed her All up and now running Smoooooooooothly its looking much nicer Smile Hope u can get it too the drift day as well might see ya there Very Happy

As for [DRFTME] what a Plate Fkn Nice one dood... nice car too very original... Smile

Gianni

[Updated on: Thu, 09 December 2004 23:55]

poh_86
Regular

November 2004
Re: Fuji's 86 rebuild NOW WITH PICTURES!!! Tue, 14 December 2004 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
u noe since u got ur car stolen.. u shud get urself a clutch lock
custom made go for abt 200 bucks and are a bitch n time consuming to break..
worth getting one..
whats a manual car without a clutch? Wink
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Fuji's 86 rebuild NOW WITH PICTURES!!! Tue, 14 December 2004 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fuji where were u this weekend dude?
van-
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: Fuji's 86 rebuild NOW WITH PICTURES!!! Tue, 14 December 2004 21:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dude, that is one gorgeous example of a Hachi Roku!
Fujiwara_ToFu
Regular

March 2004

Re: Fuji's 86 rebuild NOW WITH PICTURES!!! Mon, 20 December 2004 16:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi all,

I did 2 ricey thing's over the weekend.

1. Bought a 'KAAZ' Sticker, probably go in the engine bay with the TRD metal plate.

2. Bought an oil crap can.

Urgh, i've always hated em but the idea of my little beast crapping itself with the oil splatters and given how i drive lately seems the most ideal thought besides using gardening hoses and a 600ml empty soft drink bottle as an alternative.

I've also got new 'TRD' floormat which are AWESOME for all those who don't have one... PM "4AGE" for a quote on the designs. They're absolutely awesome. I'll get pics in when i can Very Happy

All that is left is the sideskirts and BRIDE and Recaro seats and i'm done.... and maybe polish the rims Very Happy

Mic: Hehe thanks Mic, yeah it took a long time actually, but i'm glad and thankful to be even sitting in the car.

Gianni: Yeh that's AE86slaver's ride. Awesome car and i love those plates... maybe it's up for grabs in melbourne? Razz
Des, you mind if i steal em as vic plates 'DRFTME' hahaha

poh_86: I've learned of a special method from ae86drift and i can guarantee it'll be tough to steal from now on.

Arch: Yeah dude, sorry i didn't get a chance to meet u. I was there but i didn't go 'show n shine'. I saw ur ride though, looked pretty sweet Very Happy Love those redlines.

Van: Thanks dude Smile Do you own a JXA80 as pictured in your avatar?
Skaney
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Fuji's 86 rebuild NOW WITH PICTURES!!! Mon, 20 December 2004 23:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey, good to see your cars getting back together.
Thanks for showing us the way back to the hotel in Melbourne, I was dreading the drive back would be as confusing as the way there Smile
Fujiwara_ToFu
Regular

March 2004

Re: Fuji's 86 rebuild NOW WITH PICTURES!!! Tue, 21 December 2004 15:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No problem Shane. (i overheard you talking to someone on driftnat day about the deal with your nickname)

Hope you have a good time down here. Loved the bling on your ride man. Your 86 is probably the only one i've seen with that colour scheme that actually works.

What's next on your car dude?

Oh, i chucked up my first sticker on my car. It's in the engine bay. The catch can is installed also but might consider using braided lines instead of the garden hose the kit can with Laughing

Pics should be up tomorrow.

-Jay
Skaney
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Fuji's 86 rebuild NOW WITH PICTURES!!! Wed, 22 December 2004 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Actually its Sean, but thanks for trying to remember, I still get people at work calling me Shane and i've been working with them 2 years Smile

When you say the colour scheme works, you mean the blue or the black highlights?

Next up is mostly drive train stuff, I have a Cusco LSD coming in from Wei, and also a lightened flywheel and new clutch soon.

And as I'm getting a second car, I will be making it a bit more track friendly (stripped interior, bracing etc) and less of a daily driver.

Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Fuji's 86 rebuild NOW WITH PICTURES!!! Wed, 22 December 2004 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jay, thanks man, but when u saw my car it was prolly up on jacks with no wheel hahahaah.

lol shane, although i can see how it could be confused, shane sean they sound very similar.

I cant wait till next year, id expect 50% more hachis, and us die hards to have made even more mods by then.

take it easy, and good luck with finishing your car jay!
Fujiwara_ToFu
Regular

March 2004

Re: Fuji's 86 rebuild NOW WITH PICTURES!!! Wed, 22 December 2004 13:15 Go to previous message
SeanKaney: Sorry Razz

When i said colour scheme, i mean as a package. Everything works so well i wonder why toyota didn't make sky blue standard. I was thinking of a second car myself except towards perhaps a super road friendly/efficient car like a '89 Hilux Surf (diesel turbo).

Arch: BWAHAHAHAH I SAW THAT PHOTO OF U RIPPING A PIPE BEHIND UR RIDE!!!!

Awesome stuff bahahahahahaha. Classic Very Happy

Well hopefully there will be another meet again next year.
I figured after i'm done with my seats and skirts, i might save for bigger and better toys.... one comes to mind with turbo and a crewcab.

-Jay
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Fell In Love With My Gril Again
Next Topic:NEW TOPIC HAS BEEN MADE!!!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 05:11:11 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01163911819458 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.