Forums Junkie

July 2002

Reasons to not buy GT4 Thu, 09 December 2004 05:38 Go to next message
or buy it and burn it
The AWESOME Exa Sportback!
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2004/screen0/561066_20040924_screen067.jpg
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2004/screen0/561066_20040924_screen502.jpg
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2004/screen0/561066_20040924_screen503.jpg

for all the less than smartly intelligent(hehe) people like jake(boris) its sarcasm that the exa is good

[Updated on: Thu, 09 December 2004 05:42]

Send a private message to this user    
SilverGhost
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Reasons to not buy GT4 Thu, 09 December 2004 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Murderous rage.....subsiding Evil or Very Mad

pulse....slowing...... Laughing

WTF is that POS?? was that ever in production????
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: Reasons to not buy GT4 Thu, 09 December 2004 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm, ill buy one! or not
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Reasons to not buy GT4 Thu, 09 December 2004 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Double post whoops!

[Updated on: Thu, 09 December 2004 07:33]

Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Reasons to not buy GT4 Thu, 09 December 2004 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That first picture looks real.

There is an exa hatch running around Newcastle with the loudest exhaust. So gay.
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Reasons to not buy GT4 Thu, 09 December 2004 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Wasn't there an early model EXA? It had a turbo, I think, and was butt-ugly. I think it was around the early-mid 80s, but not sure.

I knew an old guy that bought one. This was back in the days when the PC/AT had just come out. He put his PC in the corner of his office and used a type-writer. He said that PCs were useless and just a fad that will soon pass away. The same guy buys an EXA... go figure!

seeyuzz
river
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Reasons to not buy GT4 Thu, 09 December 2004 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats a normal n13 exa with a sport back(that gay thing) instead of a normal back
they are HORRIBLE
Johnny
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Reasons to not buy GT4 Thu, 09 December 2004 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chop the rear hatch and make a perfect work ute, wouldn't care chucking a few tonnes of asphalt in the back as they're a POS to start with.
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Reasons to not buy GT4 Thu, 09 December 2004 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll take a GT4 thanks.
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Reasons to not buy GT4 Thu, 09 December 2004 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have seen a turbofied Exa with the "sportback". It looks like some blind guy designed it.
Seriously i thought it was a backyard addition that some idiot with no design sense had
made himself. Then when I got closer I realised that the hinges were integrated into the
roof and the whole thing was actually factory made. Needless to say I ran off to find
somewhere to vomit. Razz Rolling Eyes
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: Reasons to not buy GT4 Thu, 09 December 2004 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Someone's going to shoot me, but I think that first pic looks very ae86 like.

Maybe it's that classic 80's styling.... *looks across at his mr2 in the avatar*
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: Reasons to not buy GT4 Thu, 09 December 2004 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
come on now, the exa's arent that bad? u dont have to drive one so its all good Surprised
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Reasons to not buy GT4 Thu, 09 December 2004 14:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
river wrote on Thu, 09 December 2004 19:04

Hi,

Wasn't there an early model EXA? It had a turbo, I think, and was butt-ugly. I think it was around the early-mid 80s, but not sure.

What EXA isn't butt ugly?! Laughing
WANTED_AE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Reasons to not buy GT4 Thu, 09 December 2004 17:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
them ugly old exas youre talking about.. euurgh.. i think their pretty much related to the cute et pulsar turbos..
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Reasons to not buy GT4 Thu, 09 December 2004 20:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haha my workmate has a red 89 exa with that canopy thing. Its a classic to look at.
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Reasons to not buy GT4 Thu, 09 December 2004 20:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
davedave wrote on Thu, 09 December 2004 23:54

Someone's going to shoot me, but I think that first pic looks very ae86 like.

Maybe it's that classic 80's styling.... *looks across at his mr2 in the avatar*
yeah it looks like an AE86 station wagon
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: Reasons to not buy GT4 Thu, 09 December 2004 21:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sport back. But which sport? Certainly none we would participte in I'm sure. Unless it's exa bashing
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: Reasons to not buy GT4 Thu, 09 December 2004 21:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
factory option.. suprise suprise none too many were sold Razz that said i thought it was just the extra canopy you could swap out in place of the normal canopy fairly eaisly.. like a T-Top.

joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Reasons to not buy GT4 Thu, 09 December 2004 22:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Approx 81-85 was the N12 EXA. Came in both 1.5L and 1.5L turbo (Ugliest car you'll ever see).
Approx 87-92 was the N13 EXA. Came in 1.6L & 1.8L n/a only (revised styling - second-ugliest car you'll ever see).

Since the 1.8L was the CA18DE, a pretty popular mod is to swap in the CA18DET engine, so that's why there's a few of the later-model exa's running around that are turbo. They're actually surprisingly quick too. Same goes for the old 1.5L exa's - a few simple mods can get the moving, since they weight less than a ton.

In case you're wonderiong, my first car was an N12 EXA. Man I hated that thing Smile Ahh, happy memories of backfiring burning chunks & oil smoke on whoever was behind me... usually Draven. In fact that old RA65 of yours was the only thing that even came close to competing with my exa for the "blowing shit out the exhaust" trophy.

[Updated on: Thu, 09 December 2004 22:21]

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Reasons to not buy GT4 Thu, 09 December 2004 22:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Johnny wrote on Thu, 09 December 2004 22:54

chop the rear hatch and make a perfect work ute, wouldn't care chucking a few tonnes of asphalt in the back as they're a POS to start with.

damn straight Very Happy

I see one of these peices of poo drive past my work every day, its purple with the colour coded err hump and the dude driving it has a sick uleah cannon and he thinks its the shit, well he is right it is shit.

Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Reasons to not buy GT4 Thu, 09 December 2004 23:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rthy wrote on Fri, 10 December 2004 00:12

come on now, the exa's arent that bad? u dont have to drive one so its all good Surprised

I might have to if i buy gt4 Sad

and i think in the exa club, all the guys with the sports backs get looks up to
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Reasons to not buy GT4 Fri, 10 December 2004 00:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
old_mr2 wrote on Fri, 10 December 2004 07:23

Haha my workmate has a red 89 exa with that canopy thing. Its a classic to look at.

Might be theone i've seen
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Reasons to not buy GT4 Fri, 10 December 2004 01:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
exas.. why would you...

what game is that off?
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Reasons to not buy GT4 Fri, 10 December 2004 01:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gran Tourismo 4
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Reasons to not buy GT4 Fri, 10 December 2004 01:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if u take to boot and the roof panels out it's THE BEST beach car ever.
it beats soft top 4X4s anyday and u can fit shit loads of people if u try
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Reasons to not buy GT4 Fri, 10 December 2004 02:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the exa was just shit, then toyota brought out the MR2 just so everyone would laugh at nissan, then nissan fucked it even more with the newer EXA and that conopy is just fucked
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Reasons to not buy GT4 Fri, 10 December 2004 02:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bahahaha Laughing i remember seeing one of these out at liverpool kk's
everyone i was with just stopped what we were doing and laughed ourselves stupid
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Reasons to not buy GT4 Fri, 10 December 2004 03:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/242000-242999/242178_2_full.jpg http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/242000-242999/242178_5_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/242000-242999/242178_6_full.jpg http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/242000-242999/242178_10_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/242000-242999/242178_12_full.jpg http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/242000-242999/242178_14_full.jpg
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Reasons to not buy GT4 Fri, 10 December 2004 03:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
^^^^^^^^^^^

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Thats sooo gay

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I could just imagine it painted pink with a sticker on the back saying "I break for cowboys butts"

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Reasons to not buy GT4 Fri, 10 December 2004 05:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mookie wrote on Fri, 10 December 2004 12:56

if u take to boot and the roof panels out it's THE BEST beach car ever.
it beats soft top 4X4s anyday and u can fit shit loads of people if u try

BAN HIM! lol
joyride
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

January 2003
Re: Reasons to not buy GT4 Fri, 10 December 2004 07:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i had to double take to see if the first pic was real... apparently exa's do come with canopies? how odd
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Reasons to not buy GT4 Fri, 10 December 2004 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it's for the fully sic tradesman ulei
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Reasons to not buy GT4 Fri, 10 December 2004 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Fri, 10 December 2004 21:08

it's for the fully sic tradesman ulei

LOL, no offence but its like a wog station wagon
JAZE
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: Reasons to not buy GT4 Sat, 11 December 2004 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive owned 3 N12 exa's ive loved them all, my favourite was the black one. sime tyres with no grip that allowed 4 wheel drifting were a good adition, as was the perspex sunroof i screwed into the roof of the blue one with wood screws.( perspex replaced the wooden one which blew off at 160Kmph), my first one did 6.5 sec 0 - 100 i suprised lots of bungholes like you guys. i also enjoyed the fact that no matter how many fools drove into me, my car would only get a scratch or a dent which would pop back out. and their cars would get cut by the nasty shaped guards or just crunched on the chunky rear bumper. I also like Mr2s and supras which have similar styling. funny, you can even buy an MR2 kit for the 12 series. so, seeing all you trendy buggers are giving these cars shit, im gonna stand up for em! Very Happy
oh yeah, the N13s were beggining to get a bit ugly, not the worst car but im not gonna stand up for the N13 or that 'sportsback' thing.

[Updated on: Sat, 11 December 2004 12:22]

Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Reasons to not buy GT4 Sun, 12 December 2004 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JAZE wrote on Sat, 11 December 2004 23:20

ive owned 3 N12 exa's ive loved them all, my favourite was the black one. sime tyres with no grip that allowed 4 wheel drifting were a good adition, as was the perspex sunroof i screwed into the roof of the blue one with wood screws.( perspex replaced the wooden one which blew off at 160Kmph), my first one did 6.5 sec 0 - 100 i suprised lots of bungholes like you guys. i also enjoyed the fact that no matter how many fools drove into me, my car would only get a scratch or a dent which would pop back out. and their cars would get cut by the nasty shaped guards or just crunched on the chunky rear bumper. I also like Mr2s and supras which have similar styling. funny, you can even buy an MR2 kit for the 12 series. so, seeing all you trendy buggers are giving these cars shit, im gonna stand up for em! Very Happy
oh yeah, the N13s were beggining to get a bit ugly, not the worst car but im not gonna stand up for the N13 or that 'sportsback' thing.

n13's are ugly as sin and n12's are at least twice as ugly.(how ugly does that make them?
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Reasons to not buy GT4 Tue, 14 December 2004 17:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That thing looks like its a tryhard CRX back... IMO...

but, why would you want to imitate a CRX?

im perplexed
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Reasons to not buy GT4 Wed, 15 December 2004 04:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
u guys obviously havent seen a exa with a body kit , i used to have one and the body kit for them is very rare , and with it on the look very nice , but otherwise is shit thats true , im talking bout the n12 turbo version btw

and yeah they go pretty hard if modified like any other car

dont flame them as they can be very quick depending on whats been done to it

t25 from a silvia decent front mount (the car wasnt intercooled from factory)good exhaust , and also the popular mod for the car -- afm relocation (which had a lot of induction piping removed saw the car hit full boost in 1st gear itself imaging the whine of the turbo in those situations) then the familiar exhaust and dump pipe mod gave it serious power plus remember the car weighedonly around 700-800kg so go figure

theres one that ran a low 11 sec pass

i dont know how to post pics here so i cant show you what my car looked like with the body kit on

but here a link i actually bought the kit of this very same guy who was the only one who had it in melbourne and then i became the only one with it and sadly now its gone from me to another guy
http://www.n12turbo.com/cars/cam/nissanexa.jpg
http://www.n12turbo.com/cars/cam/exa.jpg
http://www.n12turbo.com/cars/cam/side.jpg

heres one that ran the 11 sec pass
http://www.n12turbo.com/cars/dan/11seconds/Engine2 .jpg

Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Reasons to not buy GT4 Wed, 15 December 2004 05:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
indian wrote on Wed, 15 December 2004 15:50

u guys obviously havent seen a exa with a body kit , i used to have one and the body kit for them is very rare , and with it on the look very nice , but otherwise is shit thats true , im talking bout the n12 turbo version btw

t25 from a silvia decent front mount (the car wasnt intercooled from factory)good exhaust , and also the popular mod for the car -- afm relocation (which had a lot of induction piping removed saw the car hit full boost in 1st gear itself imaging the whine of the turbo in those situations) then the familiar exhaust and dump pipe mod gave it serious power plus remember the car weighedonly around 700-800kg so go figure

i dont know how to post pics here so i cant show you what my car looked like with the body kit on

but here a link i actually bought the kit of this very same guy who was the only one who had it in melbourne and then i became the only one with it and sadly now its gone from me to another guy

looks like an aw11 copy that got designed by a drugged/drunk man
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Reasons to not buy GT4 Wed, 15 December 2004 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jag7799 wrote on Wed, 15 December 2004 15:41

indian wrote on Wed, 15 December 2004 15:50

looks like an aw11 copy that got designed by a drugged/drunk man

I was thinking the same thing except maybe they had him blindfolded and held at gunpoint Rolling Eyes

goddamit i hate exas
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Reasons to not buy GT4 Wed, 15 December 2004 05:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
YEAH they do look very similar thats why the rear spiler fits on without much problems
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Reasons to not buy GT4 Wed, 15 December 2004 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry indian but that is one ugly motherfucker of a car. :-
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Reasons to not buy GT4 Wed, 15 December 2004 16:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SIMDOG wrote on Wed, 15 December 2004 17:51

Sorry indian but that is one ugly motherfucker of a car. :-

AGREED. LOL I clicked the links waiting to be impressed. Actually waiting was the wrong word, hoped is more accurate. That's just as ugly as ever.
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Reasons to not buy GT4 Wed, 15 December 2004 21:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whatever boys i stll like the car and always will , it was my first turbocharged car after all and the one i learn a lot of things about cars from

the n13 exa looks good done up as well
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Reasons to not buy GT4 Wed, 15 December 2004 22:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I really think you should change your sig to something like "Thank god I saw the light, the light that is toyota or soarer" some shit like that, exas suck balls Razz Laughing
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Reasons to not buy GT4 Wed, 15 December 2004 22:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude im still covinced my exa could have taken on the soarer as its was lightweight and pretty modded (112kw or so), wher as the soarer is still a stocker (92kw pfft) and weighs heaps(nearly twice as much) until my soarer is modded and has some serious power the signature still stands

im saying this cause i weigh nearly nothing compared to how much a 24 year old should weigh and me and the modded exa put togeter were a good combination in suprising the shit outta many a silvia and commodore owners and lots more cause of the weightlessness, both for me and the car plus the modded power when the boost kicked in , all 15psi of it in very first gear the torque steer on the steering wheel was amazing , as was the feeling of getting pinned in the seat the soarer doesnt offer all this yet plus add to that it was manual so upto 3rd gear u kept getting pinned in the seat if u were flogging it, now guys tell me if there isnt anyone here who wouldnt like that

its all about power to weight ratio and i dont care a rats arse what u guys say i still love the feeling of driving my exa only due to the above mentioned reasons
StockAE86
Regular

July 2004
Re: Reasons to not buy GT4 Wed, 15 December 2004 23:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
After seeing the pics and not knowing about this mega ugly car,
I saw one on the monash on friday night, must admit they look even uglier in the flesh.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Reasons to not buy GT4 Wed, 15 December 2004 23:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
then why did you sell your exa?
ra23mad
Forums Junkie

September 2003

Re: Reasons to not buy GT4 Wed, 15 December 2004 23:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There's actually one of those Exa's in Adelaide - pinkie / red colour that was an autosalon entrant....

still looked shite...but then I'm biased Very Happy
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Reasons to not buy GT4 Thu, 16 December 2004 03:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if i was drunk i would fall for it without doubt
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Reasons to not buy GT4 Thu, 16 December 2004 05:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
indian wrote on Thu, 16 December 2004 09:32

dude im still covinced my exa could have taken on the soarer as its was lightweight and pretty modded (112kw or so), wher as the soarer is still a stocker (92kw pfft) and weighs heaps(nearly twice as much) until my soarer is modded and has some serious power the signature still stands

okay
lets do a little test boys and girls
We have a wrestling match
in the top corner we have the more powerful Exa
http://pages.ivillage.com/la3lori/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/halloweenface.jpg
in the bottom corner we have the weaker soarer
http://www.piemovie3.com/img/cast/january_002.jpg

WHICH ONE WOULD YOU TAKE?

THATS RIGHT!
ps.. for any of you that would take the fat chick, thats just wrong
oh and im sure that "exa"(the chick) could push you back in your seat Razz
Id rather drive around slowly pimpin it away than look like a gaywad going fast in an exa

[Updated on: Thu, 16 December 2004 05:39]

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Reasons to not buy GT4 Thu, 16 December 2004 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
^^^^^^^ W3RD!!! Cool
nitephyre
Regular

July 2003
Re: Reasons to not buy GT4 Mon, 20 December 2004 01:41 Go to previous message
oh, i dunno... i think that the "exa" would give a better "ride" than the "soarer" because it's not used to being "driven" as much as the "soarer". *

*but really, fuck exa's suck. period. in perpetuity throughout the universe.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:anyone want to help me Re-spray my Car??
Next Topic:Group buy: Bling Bling wheels
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 22:07:46 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0082321166992188 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.