Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Air-con light blinking?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Air-con light blinking? Sat, 11 December 2004 03:06 Go to next message
The air-con light in my Corolla starts blinking on and off after running for about 30 seconds. I've had one person suggest this might just mean that's it's due for a re-gas, but can anyone else confirm this (or in fact set me straight)?
  Send a private message to this user    
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Air-con light blinking? Sat, 11 December 2004 03:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey Paul

my mate's ae93 sx hatch had it's light start doing that. Apparently it can mean either that it is low on gas, or the compressor has worn out/is seizing/grabbing

what happens in THIS case is that the light will come on solid briefly and then after a few seconds (varies) will just start flashing and the AC will turn off.

Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Air-con light blinking? Sat, 11 December 2004 04:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for that mate.
RobST162 wrote on Sat, 11 December 2004 14:44

<snip> ...or the compressor has worn out/is seizing/grabbing

what happens in THIS case is that the light will come on solid briefly and then after a few seconds (varies) will just start flashing and the AC will turn off.

Thinking about it, I think this might just be what's happening in this case..

Should probably look at fixing it before summer REALLY hits! Sad
ChuckLandwehr
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Air-con light blinking? Sat, 11 December 2004 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Check the wiring for the A/C clutch. We had a loose earth, and contant flashing. Fixed earth, fixed A/C.

regards Chuck.
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Air-con light blinking? Mon, 13 December 2004 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the suggestion Chuck - I'll check that as well Smile
DunkyMonkey
Regular

March 2004
Re: Air-con light blinking? Mon, 13 December 2004 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah mines flashing too, bit of a pain in the arse its getting really hot lately!!!

pretty sure mines out of gas but i'm also sure that mines running on old gas too, think i should get that fixed!!!
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: Air-con light blinking? Tue, 14 December 2004 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this was happening on our camry, it worked for about 30 seconds then started blinking. took it to our air con guy, gave us some mumbo jumbo explenation then fixed it. was an electrical fault, not low gas. he didnt charge us anything cause we give him some business but it woulda been real cheap anyway.
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Air-con light blinking? Tue, 14 December 2004 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My stupid aircon pressure switch decided to shit itself... just had it re-gassed in September and now I've got to de-gas and re-gas to put in the new pressure switch!

At the moment my big arse thermo fans (all three of them) are running whenever the ignition is turned on!
Ae92rolla
Occasional Poster

December 2004
Re: Air-con light blinking? Tue, 14 December 2004 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys just a little clue in ur engine bay ull have a big circular long thinge looks like a igntion coil in the piping system of your air conditioning its the dryer that removes moisture from ir ac system it shd have a little glass bit in it clean the dirt of it and have a look in side the glass with a tourch when ur ac compressor engages (thers 2parts 2 it the bit the belt spins and the clutch disk on the front of the comp when the comp engages the front disk will spin if not ur ac's not goin) anyway wif the ac comp pumping u shd c bubbles in the glass or a liquid sloshing around in a few secs it shoud go clear (full of gas) if it dosent and stays bubbling uve got a gas leak and therfor ur ac system will give u all sorts of interesting problems.....if ur ac clutch dosent engage when u press ur ac button inside check ur wiring 2 the comp or ur system may b totally outa gas or the comp siesed or the pressur switch may b at fault wich may b doin what ur seeing as the comp light flickering with the ac clutch engageing and disengaeing and therfor ur ac system wouldnt work cause the comps not stayn on 4 long enough! sorry bout the essay! hope it helps! Smile

ps any hints on a 4agze conversion?
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: Air-con light blinking? Tue, 14 December 2004 06:19 Go to previous message
hint: do a search Very Happy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:***URGENT*** Anybody feel like welding?
Next Topic:testing Jaycar HEI tach signal for Megasquirt
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 14 11:08:02 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00502610206604 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.