Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
MS-75
Regular

June 2002
10 sec crown approaching Wed, 08 December 2004 23:13 Go to next message
Just thought you guys would like to know tht the crown should be ready to hit the strip again in the new year with some extra goodies in an attempt to go deep into the 10's
(11.04@125 1.8 60ft last time out)

New bits sitting in the shed awaiting fitment-
2X Tial 38mm wastegates + autonic boost control system
second set of injectors (GTR ones have reached 100% at 14psi)
New Plenum chamber (internal bellmouths + short runners)
BF Goodrich 275/60 15 Drag Radials (massive bloody tyres-they only just fit under it)
LMS fuel + 20psi (only pump premium last time)

The radial tyre record is 10.45...........
Should be interesting.

Sean

Send a private message to this user    
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: 10 sec crown approaching Wed, 08 December 2004 23:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
go son
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: 10 sec crown approaching Wed, 08 December 2004 23:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Surprised very nice...go hard son Razz
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: 10 sec crown approaching Thu, 09 December 2004 00:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dimmy77_03 wrote on Thu, 09 December 2004 10:50

we're a bunch of fucking comedians today, arent we? Razz
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: 10 sec crown approaching Thu, 09 December 2004 02:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Put my hard earned $700 to good use there Sean. Evil or Very Mad

Good luck and smash the record !!!

Cheers

Michael Bachmann
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: 10 sec crown approaching Thu, 09 December 2004 02:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jag7799 wrote on Thu, 09 December 2004 11:34

dimmy77_03 wrote on Thu, 09 December 2004 10:50

we're a bunch of fucking comedians today, arent we? Razz

why's that Confused
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 10 sec crown approaching Thu, 09 December 2004 02:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is that the radial tyre record for all rwd cars or crowns or what? I can't imagine there being too many 10 seconds crowns Razz
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: 10 sec crown approaching Thu, 09 December 2004 02:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CHris, was about to ask the same question!

But dude, go and represent man! What motor?
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: 10 sec crown approaching Thu, 09 December 2004 04:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Give it hell! Cool
MS-75
Regular

June 2002
Re: 10 sec crown approaching Thu, 09 December 2004 04:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris-yep, the rwd, Radial tyre, japanese car in Aus record. Not sure on the Crown record-I have heard legend of a crown full house drag car-but I'm 99.9% sure that was a V8 conversion. I suspect there have been a few 10sec crowns, but thats generally as they are lovingly pushed off cliffs......

Koffee, this is powered by a turbo charged 4.5L petrol Landcrusher engine (1fz-fe, DOHC 24 valve), and it's backed with an A340 supra trans (full house MV Autos unit-manual shift).

Mike-your cash has enabled the purchase of the BFG's with no questions from the Handbrake.........yay! Now I'm having some custom rims made up with the correct offset to squeeze them under the guards (Tyres are 9 inches wide and 27 inches tall-it's tight..)

Sean
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: 10 sec crown approaching Thu, 09 December 2004 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
those 1FZ's are huge engines, the heads are like 10 inches longer than a 7M, and i should know, i have stripped quite a few of each, do u have dyno results and pics of it
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 10 sec crown approaching Thu, 09 December 2004 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MS-75 wrote on Thu, 09 December 2004 15:15

Chris-yep, the rwd, Radial tyre, japanese car in Aus record. Not sure on the Crown record-I have heard legend of a crown full house drag car-but I'm 99.9% sure that was a V8 conversion. I suspect there have been a few 10sec crowns, but thats generally as they are lovingly pushed off cliffs......

Awesome mate! What is currently holding the record?

And remember a video camera when you go!!! I want to see it run! Smile
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: 10 sec crown approaching Thu, 09 December 2004 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go Sean

Bring it to the nats

When I started to build mine I had a idea that I wanted to be the quickest Crown in Oz. Then I hadn't heard of this car.(some 2 years ago). Now I'll be pushing shit up hill to beat it.

All I've got to say on the topic is go the crownies they aren't grandpa cars no more.

Good luck with it

p.s. What is the suspension and brakes like last i heard they were pretty much stock
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: 10 sec crown approaching Thu, 09 December 2004 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
please, for the love of christ, take the scoop off, PLEASE...

u better have that thing at next years jambo {the brissie one}
MS-75
Regular

June 2002
Re: 10 sec crown approaching Thu, 09 December 2004 20:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The scoop is purely to cover where the plenum sticks out of a hole in the hood. Once the custom plenum goes on it's outta there.........=-)
MS-75
Regular

June 2002
Re: 10 sec crown approaching Fri, 10 December 2004 01:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh yeah Stitt-as for the brakes and suspension-the front has ms123 vented discs with stock springs and new Monroe GT gas shocks. The rear was stock for a long time, but now that the skyline diff is in there, it's a semi adjustable 4-link set-up with the stock springs, twin skyline swaybars (to reduce twisting on launch), GT gas shocks and the skyline discs. It's certainly no circuit racer-but it's really only needed to pull up in a straight line at the strip-it rarely sees the road these days, and if it does it's never flogged-far to easy to go far too fast..........

MrDOHC, yep, they sure are massive engines. I've currently got about 15mm between the harmonic balancer and the radiator, and that's with it as far back in the engine bay as is humanly possible without taking a gas-axe to the tunnel (although I did do some adjustment with a large hammer to allow the trans to sit back that far......) It's heavy too, with the engine stand flexing down some 3 inches at the harmonic balancer with the engine on it-I had an extra wood support under the front of the motor to the front of the stand for fear of it collapsing on my leg or something. The dyno results were 281 RWKW on 14 psi at 4500 rpm with pump premium at the first session. (during a subsequent session with a bit more boost it was missfiring a bit so we didn't get a peak power reading-but it did touch 10,000N tractive effort-not bad considering it's running 3.23 diff)

It's definitely being hampered by the super long runner/small plenum intake manifold (modded stock one), so once that's changed to a short runner/big plenum setup it should be able to continue making power up to 5200-5400 or so. Target kW is 350-380, but the strength of the motor is the ability to make huge torque everywhere.

[Updated on: Fri, 10 December 2004 17:23]

lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 10 sec crown approaching Sun, 12 December 2004 07:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Faster faster more more!

Hey Sean, where did the plenum come from? Is it the later gen 1fz one or a custom job by Ben & Sean heaps good enginnering pty ltd?

PS Stitt, Sean's too modest to say he designed and made the 4-link drag rear end himself. Cool . Surprisingly, it has lasted far longer than anyone would have predicted looking at the welds on it.
olihaub
Regular

July 2004
Re: 10 sec crown approaching Sun, 12 December 2004 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is that the motor from the 80series model landcruiser
i always wondered why more people didnt use em as a conversion (dad had one and everytime i did a service i thought this)
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: 10 sec crown approaching Sun, 12 December 2004 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
u do realise that the moment u run a 10 sec pass they will tell u to fuck off and not to come back till u have an ANDRA approved cage, and if u hit 140mph u need a chute Shocked

bring to the brissy jamboree
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: 10 sec crown approaching Sun, 12 December 2004 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stitt, the only 10sec call you'll hear is
"wall approaching in T minus 10 seconds and counting"
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Cplus
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: 10 sec crown approaching Mon, 13 December 2004 20:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mr DOHC wrote on Sun, 12 December 2004 21:06

u do realise that the moment u run a 10 sec pass they will tell u to fuck off and not to come back till u have an ANDRA approved cage, and if u hit 140mph u need a chute Shocked

bring to the brissy jamboree

Not at AIR they won't mate....

I'd be pretty confident in seeing a cage in there some time soon regardless.

Please Seano - before March Very Happy

[Updated on: Mon, 13 December 2004 20:49]

Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 10 sec crown approaching Tue, 14 December 2004 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just saw your name in the HPI street drag section. Awesome work! And to top it off the only one in that class that doesn't have a workshop built car. You can beat 8thSin easy! Smile
toyotacorona
Regular

May 2004
Re: 10 sec crown approaching Thu, 16 December 2004 14:17 Go to previous message
10 sec crown MAD !! Shocked
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:tokico
Next Topic:How much should a brake test cost?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 06:34:25 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0057108402252197 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.