Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
SIKTA22
Regular

March 2003
Engine Rebuilders Fri, 23 May 2003 11:37 Go to next message
Hey, i would like to know if there are any places in brisbane that rebuild engines as my 2TG is lookin pretty sad in a few pieces.. on the subject of rebuilding, the carbies on it probably need a minor rebuild and tune, are there any places that could do that for me?

thanx heaps Cool
  Send a private message to this user    
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Engine Rebuilders Fri, 23 May 2003 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Redcliffe Carburettor Repairs
I'm not sure that they do rebuilds, but they are good wit carbs.
BigBadBenny
Regular

May 2002
Re: Engine Rebuilders Sat, 24 May 2003 01:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Terry at Cooparoo Engineering is a good bloke.
he did my engine work when I built my 3T-G.
Also Scott at Carb & Gas is very cluey about the solexs.
Just out of curiosity, what do you think needs to be done to the motor? I might posibly be able to help you
SIKTA22
Regular

March 2003
Re: Engine Rebuilders Sun, 25 May 2003 01:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
basicly a whole rebuild from bottom up, all the gaskets, con rod bearings, piston rings. I have everything here just in a few pieces. the motor has been bored, so its a 1800 now.. i may need new bolts and nuts here and there but that shouldnt be that hard to get, but thats pretty much it..

thanks heaps Smile
TerryOBeirne
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Engine Rebuilders Sun, 25 May 2003 23:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wayne at ipswich engine reco has done these. i saw 2 heads on his bench recently. he has 2 MR2's in there at present.
Blaze
Regular

December 2002
Re: Engine Rebuilders Wed, 28 May 2003 01:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I need to get an 18rgu rebuilt. any suggestions who to take it to??

[Updated on: Wed, 28 May 2003 01:11]

Dodgy_Haro
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Engine Rebuilders Thu, 29 May 2003 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey ... I just spoke to Phil from Engines Direct at Stafford re their reconditioned engines ...

They were really helpful and they will recondition (ie. strip down, clean & replace stuff if needs be) your motor back to factory spec - am seriously considering their service as they will offer something like a 100,000km or 3 yr warranty on their work.

Unfortunately, I believe the warranty does not cover mods but there's no harm in asking. Was quoted $2,100 to recondition a 4AG although I believe this to be a comprehensive overhaul.

Tel: 3356 2422

Now gotta save up $$$ in the meantime. Confused
SPEEDCORE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Engine Rebuilders Thu, 29 May 2003 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WTF do you mean dodgy???

Did you blow up your 4A-GE???

FARK ME!!!

Details pls!!
Dodgy_Haro
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Engine Rebuilders Thu, 29 May 2003 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nah ... nothing as drastic as that ... Smile

Just gotta bad seal leak behind the cam covers. Anyway, I've realised the limits of my 88kw motor as it's quite old now and I have trouble keeping up with Riceboy's 100kw Redtop ... so much so that you'd probably think that I still had the 4AC. Sad

So ... am saving up $$$ but IMO a 20 valve conversion is a bit out of reach for me. If I can get the performance that Riceboy is getting, I'll be a happy camper.

So ... am looking for a Redtop if I can find one ($500 complete) otherwise I'll rebuild the 88kw so that it'd be more reliable / floggable and then I'll go the usual cam upgrades etc.

Hmmm ... am also saving money for LSD for that matter ... Razz
sean305
Newcomer

December 2004
Re: Engine Rebuilders Tue, 07 December 2004 05:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just had a FULL engine done at engines direct.
They are great guys and good prices etc. the warranty also looks good but like any warranty I doubt its worth the paper its written on.
Anyways Im just interested in finding out others that have had an engine done by them.
why?

Well about 2000, I brought a 92 model AX telstar for $21000 which was big money for me,(yea I was ripped off).
But most of my other cars have been shitboxes and I needed a good car fast. usualy finace bullshit.

Well about 2 years after owning it the thing blew the motor.
It siezed a main bearing due to the previous owner not servicing it.
Im a mechanic by trade so service religiously every 3 months or 5000 kms.

I couldnt afford to fix it and its sat in my garage until october, until I had saved enough $$ to fix it.

I rung around brisbane getting prices etc,
I decided to go to Red Hill Engine centre as I had done business with them both as a mechanic, as well as when I was doing used vehicle warranty claims.
I dealt with Phill first and then engines direct who are the same people.

OK, so I got the cars engine done. I also got them to do a roadworthy check on the car. They couldnt do it but had a freind locally that did.
It came back needing a few simple things like tyres etc, so I done everything on the list.
then had a workshop local to me do another roadworthy.
They passed everything except for ONE thing.

They couldnt issue me a roadworthy because Engines direct had removed MY engine number. and apparaenltly because its unregistered then main roads has to inspect the engine number and it must be there for the roadworthy.

SO I rung engines direct and was told what I wanted to hear "bring it up mate, we will stamp it and get the car right back to you"
Awesome I thought, So they sent a tow truck which took it back to engines direct so they could do the stamping that should have been done BEFORE the motor was put in to the car.
They then rung me and told me that NO they will not stamp the motor. they claimed they had done it for years to others motors ILLEGALLY!!! They claim they are not allowed to restamp a motor.
which is just bullshit otherwise they wouldnt have been doing it for years.why is mine the first??? crap.

He then asked me what I wanted to do, so I said leave it there and I will chase up the Main roads, CIB and police as new numbers etc have to be issued.
THen half way through the day the car turns up back at my works workshop on a tow truck.
On the seat of the car!! was a heaps of bits like, aircleaner box, etc.

Ok so I have paid them $4500-00 for an engine that is preventing me from getting a roadworthy.
Whats more they admitted they were liable and then sent the car back pulled apart and unable to be started.

As you can see im very fucking pissed off and may go to the media yet depending on the final outcome.

SO has anyone had theres stamped? or do you even know if yours is stamped at all(making your car unroadowrthy and insurance wont pay out in an accident etc)

SIKTA22
Regular

March 2003
Re: Engine Rebuilders Tue, 07 December 2004 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
damn this is a pretty old thread i noticed lol...
styler
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: Engine Rebuilders Tue, 07 December 2004 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message

yes old thread but YES i was about to ask the same thing

i really need a rebuild on 2tg /3t hyrid - pretty worked

any info appreciated - doing it yourself
- shops recommended
styler
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: Engine Rebuilders Wed, 08 December 2004 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

hey sikta22,

my hybrid 2t/3t :

later 2tgeu block
3t crank
11111 - 88222 head
oversize pistons
45mm sidedraught webbers
electric dizzy
extractors

finding out soon :

cams / valves / springs / pistons-wtf navara?? iv been told

i desperately need a rebuild - all bearings/rings/timing chain
replaced and maybe balance components...

currently : Confused Confused Confused

oil pressure - 10psi

compression - 8,8,6,8

compression with oil - 10,10,7,10

one cylinder misfiring, engine shakes

i think knocking is getting worse

i dunno if i should try it myself
or get a shop to wham bam thank you maam do it

hokey
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Engine Rebuilders Mon, 13 December 2004 03:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wot would it cost for me to get someone to do a rebuild on my 2tg, eg rehone all gaskets, rings bearing etc.

SIKTA22: wot did it cost to get urs bored out to 1800? did u get a noticeable torque increase?

Cheers, Calvin

Sorry if i am hijacking Embarassed
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Engine Rebuilders Mon, 13 December 2004 07:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i work for redlands engines, they do everything {as all places should Rolling Eyes }.

call them, 33903566

and u know the head will be clean cause i'll be the poor prick who'll strip and clean it Very Happy
hokey
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Engine Rebuilders Mon, 13 December 2004 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i am in melbourne tho and just need to know wot it cost cause if it is alot i will do it myself.

thanx
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Engine Rebuilders Mon, 13 December 2004 07:32 Go to previous message
minimum 2G, including new pistons, we charge $2300 retail for a 7MGE, thats everything, new pistons, everything
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:TE71 GT Apex....any good?
Next Topic:Corona Info "Guide"
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 16 09:45:10 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0053319931030273 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.