Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 4th gen celica 3sgte RWD conversion?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Bridge
Newcomer

December 2004

4th gen celica 3sgte RWD conversion? Thu, 09 December 2004 17:14 Go to next message
I found a 4th gen Celica liftback GT-S for sale... I've also found a couple 3sgte's with the AWD transaxel still in tact. Is it possible to swap a alltrac 3sgte and simple not attach the fron driveaxels? then swap a alltrac rearend and drive shaft?

Would all the power be transfered to the rear wheels? and is it even possible to swap alltrac driveshafts and rear subframes into a GT-S celica liftback?
  Send a private message to this user    
Bridge
Newcomer

December 2004

Re: 4th gen celica 3sgte RWD conversion? Sat, 11 December 2004 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bump
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: 4th gen celica 3sgte RWD conversion? Sat, 11 December 2004 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no.

Basically your best bet is to grab a GT4, weld the viscous centre and remove the front driveshafts and blah blah blah *insert million and one problems that you will have here*

Of course, why the hell would you do that considering how awesome AWD can be.
Bridge
Newcomer

December 2004

Re: 4th gen celica 3sgte RWD conversion? Sun, 12 December 2004 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well, with that being said, is it possible to swap a whole alltrac drivetrain into the gt-s chassis? is the chassis itself different at all? or can i just find a rear sub-frame and front drive axels and 3sgte from a alltrac....

basically like converting a SR5 ae86 into a GT-S AE86... basically everything is different right? but chassis itself is the same?
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: 4th gen celica 3sgte RWD conversion? Sun, 12 December 2004 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
from what I know dude the floorplan between the ST162 (sx/gt-s, etc) and the GT-Four (Alltrac) is completely different

stephen?
Bridge
Newcomer

December 2004

Re: 4th gen celica 3sgte RWD conversion? Sun, 12 December 2004 18:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bridge wrote on Sun, 12 December 2004 21:12

well, with that being said, is it possible to swap a whole alltrac drivetrain into the gt-s chassis? is the chassis itself different at all? or can i just find a rear sub-frame and front drive axels and 3sgte from a alltrac....

basically like converting a SR5 ae86 into a GT-S AE86... basically everything is different right? but chassis itself is the same?

i wouldnt be surprised if it was. a driveshaft might not be the easiest thing to fit in a FWD car. but hey, i know people who have converted 240's into AWD with Skyline motors...
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: 4th gen celica 3sgte RWD conversion? Sun, 12 December 2004 23:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The St162 doesent even have a transmission tunnel.. the floor pan is straight all the way along and as such its impossible to turn one into a gt4 or rwd without CRAP LOADS of modification. I found this out when helping jesse put his 3s gte into place. Its very strange
DunkyMonkey
Regular

March 2004
Re: 4th gen celica 3sgte RWD conversion? Mon, 13 December 2004 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well it has been pointed out but i will support them here, a ST celica CAN'T be turned in to a GT4 or RWD celica, your best bet is to look for a GT4 to play with, otherwise you need to change the floor plan as, and blah blah blah, be comes rather expensive with engineering and labour. same goes for the 184 and 204 celica's.

so sad to say as with everything it can be done just need throw more money at it then you would like to, it would be cheaper and more worth wild to get a GT4.
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: 4th gen celica 3sgte RWD conversion? Wed, 15 December 2004 10:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fwd 3sgte more fun lol luv the torque steer Very Happy
DunkyMonkey
Regular

March 2004
Re: 4th gen celica 3sgte RWD conversion? Wed, 15 December 2004 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats a funny concept, my car will only torque steer when i lose traction, one wheel more then the other, makes driving in the wet really easy and more of a challenge, easy coz i all i have to do it point the wheels and give it some, challenging coz you have to keep the wheels pointed in the right direction.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: 4th gen celica 3sgte RWD conversion? Thu, 16 December 2004 00:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dunky, if you only get torque steer when you lose traction that means your car need more powah Very Happy Wink

freaking annoying
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: 4th gen celica 3sgte RWD conversion? Thu, 16 December 2004 00:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The FWD 3SGTE conversions I've seen go very hard compared to the 4WD versions as there is a lot less loss through the FWD drivetrain.

Mind you I wouldn't give up my 4WD drivetrain for a little bit of extra power.
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: 4th gen celica 3sgte RWD conversion? Thu, 16 December 2004 01:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You would be better going the gen3 celica if you wanted a RWD 3sgte. The RA65 would be the best, but alot of ppl prefer to put the 1g or 1jz in to these.
DunkyMonkey
Regular

March 2004
Re: 4th gen celica 3sgte RWD conversion? Thu, 16 December 2004 22:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hell mary to that, GIVE me more power scotty!!!! i'm stilling looking into my gen 3 3sge conversion, but money is such a huge problem at the moment.
ViPeR_NiPPleX
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: 4th gen celica 3sgte RWD conversion? Fri, 17 December 2004 01:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
expect to pay a pretty penny for this conversion. I am in the process of building up an "SA65"

The most costly problem with the swap imho is sorting out the dizzy poking out the back of the head...

Cheers,
James
irishtwincam
Occasional Poster

May 2002

Re: 4th gen celica 3sgte RWD conversion? Fri, 17 December 2004 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4age 20v / 3s-ge / 3s-gte DLI converter.

http://members.optusnet.com.au/dliconverter
ViPeR_NiPPleX
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: 4th gen celica 3sgte RWD conversion? Sat, 18 December 2004 00:28 Go to previous message
ooo nice Very Happy thank you

umm, okay then, the swap isn't quite as hard as it is pricey Razz
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:diff temp gauge?
Next Topic:3TGTE CAMS
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 5 23:04:31 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0088939666748047 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.