Toymods » General Car Talk » The Big AE86 Meet & Calder Drift 56k safe thread

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

The Big AE86 Meet & Calder Drift 56k safe thread Mon, 13 December 2004 10:25 Go to next message
I thought i would make another thread for the people with dial up , as my cable was stuggling with the other thread .

Please link to pics to safe dial up people from having to wait hours .

Here is links to pic , sorry theres not many as i spend most of the weekend walking back and forth at calder or fixing Ae86's .

http://www.pbase.com/sprintercity/inbox

Also who can host i small vid i shot with my camera ? And convert it from avi file with some thm file ? Sorry no idea here .

All up i would say that if there is another event planned like that again i would travel to it for sure . So good to see people from all states having a great time and all getting along . Hope to do some traveling around interstate with my car to some other tracks so hopefully see all of you that i met
soon .

As far as the main events ,
The meet looked great but had to run and take every wrong turn to the f1 hotel . Hopefully the guy with the white Ae86 missing a wheel when i arrived made it home safely .

Saturday night drift practice and sunday , well i think most people where going harder on sat night than the next day ? might have been due to it wasn't so bloody hot . Good to see the level of Drift really getting better generally , much better to watch than last year for sure . As far as level of car preparation Laughing Some people have made there cars show level , i cannot really see the point but i think there judged on that in the event as well .

No wonder no AE86's won , as most had damage by the end Sad I feel really sorry for Wing , thats the second Ae86 he has had damaged in a month , as to the guy in the red Ae86 who was really trying hard . Poor guys people in there area should try to help them out to get them back on track as soon as possible . There was of-course that very high speed miss ? was it a miss between Simon and Henn , there might have been no AE86's in that event at one stage . But all made it thankfully Smile .

I think some Ae86's drivers might have been a little ripped off by judging , because the crowd was going nuts of some of the driving compared to the endless s13's going past . If someone can host that small vid again you will hear the crowd going off as Simon kept it going the whole way around Hell Boy corner .
As far as that unprepared car that he brought down Laughing Cage not bolted in , no bolts , flat battery , no front tyres , and the bit i loved the seat belt latch hanging on by two threads Laughing And the tow car , poor r31 towing four people , spares and car . Well i got to say motorsport always costs , at all levels as well as traveling .

And hands up to the guys that took the time and money to come put on a shit hot show for all in Melbourne Smile .

Send a private message to this user    
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: The Big AE86 Meet & Calder Drift 56k safe thread Mon, 13 December 2004 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha i wanna see this vid Smile

post all drift related stuff in here then.

cheers to adam for lending me decent rubber for the front. cheers to everyuopne else for helping out also. i had a ball and now its time for sleep...
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: The Big AE86 Meet & Calder Drift 56k safe thread Mon, 13 December 2004 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://img16.exs.cx/img16/4078/img91165wl.jpg
Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: The Big AE86 Meet & Calder Drift 56k safe thread Mon, 13 December 2004 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
^^^ Hey, this was supposed to be 56k safe

Yeah it was a bloody awesome weekend. I felt like I had almost had enough drifting by the end of it all. Totally wrecked by Sunday night, didn't get up til 5pm today.

It was great to see so many of the interstate guys turn up, and actually meet them in person. Everyone seems really nice and laid back. The pack of 25+ sprinters at the Saturday bbq looked pretty cool, hopefully it'll get some magazine coverage.

The drifting was great although I was almost involved in two stacks. In the closer one I was almost T-boned by Simon, there was a tap, but it only left a scratch on my rear bumper and he fixed his front bar with a pair of cable ties so no serious damage. Very lucky, but all ended well.

Bad luck again to Wing getting cleaned up again, but it was good to see him back out again on Sunday. The guy in the red AE86 was doing damn well considering its NA (he was showing me how to do 3rd gear fishies down the back straight). And I agree that the judging of Simon vs. the R33 in the finals was a bit harsh.

And WTF was the story about the expression session (read: free-for-all) at the end? Only 15 minutes? We finished before 8 and the advertised finish time was much later. It was great fun and I wanted more of it. I was tailing the korrupt lime green onevia on one lap and it was very educational.

Thanks to all the guys who made the effort to come, Toffee garage for organising the meet and everyone else who turned up.

See you again at the next one.
Hen

PS, please drop me a PM if you have any footage or shots of me in the bronze AE86 (#20)

[Updated on: Tue, 14 December 2004 01:14]

improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: The Big AE86 Meet & Calder Drift 56k safe thread Mon, 13 December 2004 21:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah 56k safe , maybe one pic can moved and linked hey .

As far as footage Henn , i have a small vid of you and Simon going for it . Will burn you a copy and get it to you somehow . Didn't Steve have a dvd cam with him ? Where is he at ? And Chad . Who got told of for the burnout in the crappy cruise on the track . No burnouts , single file , 2kph . What was that about .

As far as that semi final i think they will not hear the end of that for a while.

ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: The Big AE86 Meet & Calder Drift 56k safe thread Mon, 13 December 2004 22:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
adam, man of all the people i DID meet, YOU WERENT ONE OF THEM!!! GAHHHHH... but anyhows it was a great weekend and ill see you at the next one.

henn, paul, wing and simon all looked shit hot out there in the ae86's, and the crowd was loving the underdogs!!

simon... what can i say! your fucking SPEED going into the s-bends off the back straight, your a fucking psycho... and that corner with the whole hellboy smoke show.. the crowd LOVED that man... you got rorted with the final decision as your pre-apex sliding, entry speed and angle were all much more extreme than that crap r33.. bad luck.. but everyone looked much improved from last time i saw..

henn and crew, you guys are tops blokes, i lived the camper and the stanza too, classic!

ive got a lot of pics to upload in the other thred now but the banzai battle was great and it was awesome to finally meet a lot of you that i now have faces to match names!
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: The Big AE86 Meet & Calder Drift 56k safe thread Mon, 13 December 2004 22:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can someone clue me in on approximately how many AE86's made the trip.
And what were the results on the comp?
toyoda
Regular

November 2003
Re: The Big AE86 Meet & Calder Drift 56k safe thread Tue, 14 December 2004 03:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Great weekend ! that is all i got to say Very Happy

it was fkn awsome, really good to meet u all and hope to see yous again in the future at the next big meet, i will be there with bells on

here is a link to all most of my pics for u 56k bums

http://www.gimmesando.com/jobo/

ps. if any one has pics or videos of me and my car when we were going around the track give me a pm or email at double_2002@hotmail.com if i could grab em off ya Smile cheers luke

pss. my car was the one with no paint and streeter kit
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: The Big AE86 Meet & Calder Drift 56k safe thread Tue, 14 December 2004 07:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.digitalfunk.net/Garth/ae86/ae86_melb/

my pics Very Happy
improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: The Big AE86 Meet & Calder Drift 56k safe thread Tue, 14 December 2004 07:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Garth i did meet you , please leave the drugs alone . They can test for that now . Anyway even if you don't remember me due to a tiredness induced state , nice to meet you . And you don't remember my car because its a sleeper not a show pony Laughing .
But there was some really nice looking cars there , i just will never paint mine due to its track duties .

Might see you at your dyno day up there next year , have been trying to make it up there for the last year to see a mate .
Might have the turbo upgrade , ecu and irs done by then .
toyoda
Regular

November 2003
Re: The Big AE86 Meet & Calder Drift 56k safe thread Tue, 14 December 2004 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.digitalfunk.net/Garth/ae86/ae86_melb/pa ges/bbq039.htm

HAHA look at that gey carpet i wonder whos it is Rolling Eyes
bmak
Regular

May 2002

Re: The Big AE86 Meet & Calder Drift 56k safe thread Tue, 14 December 2004 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If any1 want pics/vids hosted PM me
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: The Big AE86 Meet & Calder Drift 56k safe thread Tue, 14 December 2004 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i want vids and pics dammit
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: The Big AE86 Meet & Calder Drift 56k safe thread Tue, 14 December 2004 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam! thanks heaps for fixing my car man, u are an absolute fucking legend! my car made it home, i arrived safely about 2 hours ago. Ill mail the hub and disc back to u once i get some other struts in there. Cant thank you enough.

Everyone else - i had a great weekend and it was cool to meet new ppl, and catch up with the sydney guys too. The aura surrounding our hachis was hard to miss, soo many ppl came up and had a look, recieved lots of nice comments about the cars, which was good.

we will most definately do this again, im sure ill see even more of u next time!
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: The Big AE86 Meet & Calder Drift 56k safe thread Tue, 14 December 2004 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahahha.. gahhh sorry adam, so many people Smile
improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: The Big AE86 Meet & Calder Drift 56k safe thread Tue, 14 December 2004 21:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arch wrote on Tue, 14 December 2004 22:53

Adam! thanks heaps for fixing my car man, u are an absolute fucking legend! my car made it home, i arrived safely about 2 hours ago. Ill mail the hub and disc back to u once i get some other struts in there. Cant thank you enough.

Everyone else - i had a great weekend and it was cool to meet new ppl, and catch up with the sydney guys too. The aura surrounding our hachis was hard to miss, soo many ppl came up and had a look, recieved lots of nice comments about the cars, which was good.

we will most definately do this again, im sure ill see even more of u next time!

No worries man , don't bother sending the hub etc back . I will never have any use for such a weakly designed hub unit and small disc . Laughing Good to hear you made it back safely Smile
LiL_MiC
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: The Big AE86 Meet & Calder Drift 56k safe thread Tue, 14 December 2004 23:12 Go to previous message
ooh been there before

was driving to the airport to pickup a friend, and i did have a bearing that was VERY SLIGHTLY making the grinding noise. But on the freeway it just decided to go in one blow, which I could hear. It decided to weld itself to the axle stub too, quite annoying. Was so far from home [i suppose not as far as you Arch].

It's funny how a quick $20 job could end up causing so much trouble if not taken cared of straight away [but my one was seriously not even that noticeable].

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:P Plater Curfew
Next Topic:Does anyone own this?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 07:28:34 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0064048767089844 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.