Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
impound woes Wed, 01 December 2004 10:10 Go to next message
if somoones car gets impounded, but the registration is in his mums name, can they get it out without too much trouble?i don't know if its true but ive heard of this happening before

thanks, jesse

[Updated on: Wed, 01 December 2004 10:11]

Send a private message to this user    
DiZ_
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: impound woes Thu, 02 December 2004 05:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What you going to tell your mum when she asks where the car is?
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: impound woes Thu, 02 December 2004 05:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i've filled her in it's all good, just wanna get my car back!
does anyone know if i can get it out because legally, its her car?
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: impound woes Thu, 02 December 2004 05:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry Jesse, gotta back-track a bit here dude - wtf happened?

Not sure about getting your car out..... Probably best to speak to the authorities.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: impound woes Fri, 03 December 2004 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you were driving they arent suposed to take it from you to begin with.
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: impound woes Fri, 03 December 2004 09:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i wasnt thinking, they asked if it was my car and i said yes
but i should be able to get it out now though aye? ive had so many people tell me that if its in mums name i can get it out,
but i don't know where to go, the cop shop, impound lot, RTA...???
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: impound woes Fri, 03 December 2004 18:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Best bet is try the cop shop first and go down with your mum.
AE86Drift is right. They can't impound it unless it's YOUR car. However, you told them it was yours so they might say that you're liable for any costs associated with having to impound the car.
On the other hand though, if you're a P plater you can just tell your true story about how you weren't thinking and sort of panicked or whatever because when they check registraton I'm pretty sure it says who the car is registered to. So you can blame them for not doing their job properly.

Just go down with your mum and I think it'll be all gravy baby Wink
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: impound woes Fri, 03 December 2004 23:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[QUOTE][On the other hand though, if you're a P plater you can just tell your true story about how you weren't thinking and sort of panicked or whatever because when they check registraton I'm pretty sure it says who the car is registered to. So you can blame them for not doing their job properly.
/QUOTE]

this sounds good to me too - do it! Wink and gl
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: impound woes Fri, 03 December 2004 23:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds like a plan, ill try 'drag' mum down to the cop shop this arvo and see what they have to say about the hole thing.
fingers crossed, thanks for your help everyone!
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: impound woes Sat, 04 December 2004 00:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what did you do?
fractoid
Regular

September 2004
Re: impound woes Sat, 04 December 2004 05:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jessetamsett wrote on Sat, 04 December 2004 07:49

ill try 'drag' mum down to the cop shop this arvo
tell us who won! Very Happy
joyride
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

January 2003
Re: impound woes Sat, 04 December 2004 06:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thu187 wrote on Sat, 04 December 2004 05:44

AE86Drift is right. They can't impound it unless it's YOUR car.

can anyone confirm this? cause i'm pretty sure they can do whatever they want.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: impound woes Sat, 04 December 2004 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what happenned?
86twinky
Regular

November 2003
Re: impound woes Sat, 04 December 2004 12:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joyride wrote on Sat, 04 December 2004 17:39

thu187 wrote on Sat, 04 December 2004 05:44

AE86Drift is right. They can't impound it unless it's YOUR car.

can anyone confirm this? cause i'm pretty sure they can do whatever they want.

I had a friend get his "mum's" car impounded, pretty sure they can do it with out too much worry. It's not like they require your permission to take the car from you.
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: impound woes Sun, 05 December 2004 05:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i was cruising home with a couple mates, worked accord and VL, came 2 a 3 lane red light, no cars around, now who could resist that?
so we all went for it, even launch by 2nd the t-18 had the lead, then when we all backed off a car came tearing up behind us with no headlights on, turned the headlights on, and the blue flashing light, we got fucked, all 3 cars impounded

went to the cop shop today, doesnt matter if its the queens car if i was driving it they can keep it for 3 months,
i was polite and all on the night so they said write a letter to the boss and explain everything and u MIGHT get your car back, but we don't have to give it back
and cause i was polite they are doing me for 30k+ speed limit, not racing, so im only going to loose my licence for one month,
but if the cars in impound for 3 months, 90 days, at $15 a day, plus tow, plus fine, im fucked!]

TRUST me, if you get done, BE NICE, the other 2 guys licence are gone for who knows how long and got their arrses defected to the bullshit and no way are they getting their cars back!
rb20det
Regular

July 2004
Re: impound woes Sun, 05 December 2004 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
one police car got all of you to pull over? man i wouldnt have stopped.
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: impound woes Sun, 05 December 2004 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats what im thinking...
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: impound woes Sun, 05 December 2004 17:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rb20det wrote on Sun, 05 December 2004 23:24

one police car got all of you to pull over? man i wouldnt have stopped.

I've heard that if you're speeding and the cop asks you how much you were doing, this generally means they had no accurate measure that will hold up in court to measure how fast you were going.
If you say I don't know they'd give you a warning and would have to let you go. It's just people who don't think and say (for example) "ohhh I was doing around 70 Sad " when they're in a 60km/h zone.
This was before, don't know about now.

So I'm thinking if the three of you sped off:
1) It would be your word against his.
2) He probably wouldn't chase you up because how embarassing would it be to let three people get away. He probably wouldn't tell anyone about it.

Oh well, least you get your car back in a month.
Oh, and they DO send you the bill for all the impounded costs.
NSW Police - gotta love 'em!
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: impound woes Sun, 05 December 2004 22:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah it was ridiculous one car pulling the 3 of us over...
thwey were pretty smart about doing it, had headlights off until they caught up and came RIGHT up the back of the guy on the outside lane and flashed his lights, he moved into middle lane then the mystery car got in front, hit the siren and waved to pull over, we had just gone past a turn off street, too late for that, and there was a big island seperating us from the other direction, i just gave up.

if i could turn back time i definately woulda gone for it, im kicking myself for pulling over, never realised the panalty was soooo bad!
i probably coulda locked up the brakes done a 180 and gone down that back street

[Updated on: Sun, 05 December 2004 22:51]

ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: impound woes Mon, 06 December 2004 03:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok guys
remember this

if ANY police car except a highway pulls you over, they cannot get a reading on your car, its purely up to what you are saying, SO this is what you do.

officer: how fast do you think you were going back there son?

you: evening officer, sorry sir but i wasnt paying attention to my speedo, my full attention was on the road ahead... a lot of crazies out tonight..

officer: right, well i caught you doing a lot more than the speed limit.

you: im sorry sir, its been a long day and i was paying my full atttention to the road ahead, by the way exactly how fast was i going? (heh the kicker...)

officer: ah well we dont have a speed radar in our vehicle but from what i could see (*dingdingding*) you were in excess of the posted speed limit.

you: oh.. (shocked reaction.. Wink ) sorry offficer im usually quite attentive to my speed, i promise you ill pay more attention next time, wow i cant believe that... etcetc

*ding* that has gotten me out of trouble so many times its not funny... hahaha. they ahev no concrete evidence if you NEVER admit to it.

NEVERRRRR ADMIT!
nick2b
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: impound woes Mon, 06 December 2004 03:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That would have been scarey... but so true just turn your number plate lights off and pray a car isnt coming the other way!
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: impound woes Mon, 06 December 2004 05:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just got a phone call, its going to court, anybody know a lot about this sort of thing that i can pm/have a word to...?

cheers, jesse

[Updated on: Mon, 06 December 2004 05:21]

PyRoMaNiAc
Occasional Poster

July 2004
Re: impound woes Tue, 07 December 2004 03:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shit dude... i just read ur location, its scary to think that you live soo close to me and your car got impounded :S

Good luck with ur battle
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: impound woes Tue, 07 December 2004 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Where abouts did you get done?
sean305
Newcomer

December 2004
Re: impound woes Tue, 07 December 2004 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
guys Im talking queensland here, but

It makes no difference who owns the car, they can and do take them.
I believe that after the 3rd time then you loose it for good.

Its harsh but public roads are not the place to act like wankers, and most people get sick of driving around young dickheads.

Sure giving the cars shit is fun but some people dont know how to drive well enough.

also theres no point in running in some places because places and I know the M1 at brisbane south of Beenleigh, has cameras that collect rego numbers etc up all the way down the M1.

[Updated on: Tue, 07 December 2004 06:35]

thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: impound woes Thu, 09 December 2004 14:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah they can in NSW as well.
From what ae86drift said, my friend was right. They don't have any way of measuring how fast you were going so never admit to any speed.

As for court the idea of sentencing is providing punishment to seek the ultimate goal of REHABILITATION so you can re-enter society being normal like everyone else.

Be really apologetic and sincere and keep saying sorry over and over again. Mention how stupid your act was and how you're going to be working soon and you realise what an assett your car is to have. Mention how although nothing bad happened someone could have easily gotten injured and that it was a stupid thing to submit to the pressure of other drivers just so you won't look like a chicken (don't use the word pussy Razz ). Mention also the financial burden you have placed on your mum to pay for the cost of the car being impounded etc.

Just get the message accross that now you fully understand your actions and realise how idiotic they were and that you will definitely not be doing anything similar ever again.
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: impound woes Thu, 09 December 2004 14:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh, and turn up well dressed, preferably with glasses if you can get them and rock up with your family and have them sit up the front.

This way the magistrate will look upon you like a stupid teenager who did something stupid rather than a vigilante who should have his license revoked permanently and thrown in gaol. Laughing
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: impound woes Fri, 10 December 2004 23:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cheers, sounds like a plan!
im in a tough spot, the other 2 guys (one a very close mate)
recken we will get off pleading innocent, but i really doubt that
that really puts me on the spot as i reken i'de be 100% better admitting to the hole thing and apoligising
the cops were happy with the way i took it on the night, and said they'll put in good words for me in court, and im gunna act like that perfect student, even get some references from people i know well and that have been in my car
( i usually stick to the speed limits and drive safe, TRUTH )

i've also thought about bringing up events ive been in like wsid, track days, car club days, but they could take this two ways

a)i drive safe on the roads and save the hooning for the track
b)doing the events makes me more of a hoon on the streets

what do ya reken?>

[Updated on: Fri, 10 December 2004 23:23]

nick2b
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: impound woes Sat, 11 December 2004 03:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
b) doesnt make sence i think
nick2b
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: impound woes Sat, 11 December 2004 03:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
did you mean being a hoon on the track makes you less then one one on the streeT?
olihaub
Regular

July 2004
Re: impound woes Tue, 14 December 2004 00:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jessetamsett wrote on Sat, 11 December 2004 10:16

cheers, sounds like a plan!
im in a tough spot, the other 2 guys (one a very close mate)
recken we will get off pleading innocent, but i really doubt that
that really puts me on the spot as i reken i'de be 100% better admitting to the hole thing and apoligising
the cops were happy with the way i took it on the night, and said they'll put in good words for me in court, and im gunna act like that perfect student, even get some references from people i know well and that have been in my car
( i usually stick to the speed limits and drive safe, TRUTH )

i've also thought about bringing up events ive been in like wsid, track days, car club days, but they could take this two ways

a)i drive safe on the roads and save the hooning for the track
b)doing the events makes me more of a hoon on the streets

what do ya reken?>

ive got to agree with him
altho he drives safely on the road HE IS A DANGER ON THE TRACK
just look out for the making all the screathing noises and thats him Laughing Laughing
but this sucks a fat dick that u got ur car impounded were did it happen
feel sorry for u man
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: impound woes Tue, 14 December 2004 01:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When I went to court for traffic offence(s).. I tried the whole thing of young drivers not having any local track to take car out on and this adds to the problems we are having with young drivers on our roads.

It didn't go down well at all, he was a idiot about it saying I dont want any race track in MY area! and all this shit. Made him mad as anything. I should have just kept my mouth shut.

jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: impound woes Tue, 14 December 2004 04:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i guess it would depend 100% on which judge i get to which way they will take it...
truthfully i reken the odd day on the track/strip makes me safer ont he road, and yeah when i was on the track i really made the most of it, its not often you have a chance to push it all you want! Razz
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: impound woes Tue, 14 December 2004 04:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ahh yeah I totally agree! When I went last wakefield day after thrashing the car all day I drove home like a old granny.

Just meant the judge didn't like the suggestion Razz
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: impound woes Tue, 14 December 2004 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
don't mention that you drive like a hoon at all no matter what.
that's what my lawyer told me so that's what i did.
they don't care where u do it it's just the fact that you are doing it.
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: impound woes Wed, 22 December 2004 07:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cops agreed with dads awesome letter, i get my baby back next week

merry christmas jesse!
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: impound woes Wed, 22 December 2004 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jesse get your mum to do a stat dec saying she needs her car for work or shopping and her naughty boy{haha} want be driving it etc. she will get it back

on a side note.
if you watch and have a bit of experiance, you get to know spots they like to sit. i did 375km round trip from near newcastle to campbeltown every day going to work, and was never under the limit for four years. clean licence for the last 3 years!luck and bullshit got me threw. in court never ever say you like to race or mod cars unless your like myself and are classed as an expert. then you can use it in court, means the police have to get an epert to go against an expert and its not worth the cost to them for a speeding fine.{ive got of every speeding fine, 5 in total in the last three years}. helps when your fathers a barrister:). be polite, even when you just want to scream"you f$#@ c$#@ in there face". you guys would love the roads around were my parents have just bought a new property no cops at all every farmer speeds and drink drives its like heaven.
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: impound woes Wed, 22 December 2004 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah dad wrote a good letter saying how mum needs it back...
and i can pick it up next week, they still had it for a month though, which i have to pay for
Greg.
Regular

November 2003
Re: impound woes Wed, 22 December 2004 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Your a tin arse Jesse getting away with that..your dad must be a great letter writer. Cool .but mate..take it from me they will be on your case from now on..they know the car..they know you and they know where you live..good luck..

With the sh*t thats happening with P platers now...another double fatality/another skyline you were bloody lucky..

The cars back but what about the licence???
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: impound woes Thu, 23 December 2004 05:21 Go to previous message
yeah well i still reken they are being pretty harsh, my car would never have got taken in the first place if it werent for the other 2 guys being smartarses,
court should be february 2nd next year where im expecting my licence to be suspended for 3 months, along with a hefty fine

and yeah cops can watch me all they want now i reken ill be driving like a pussy from now on...
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:mazda vs a motor bike
Next Topic:Wondering how a Celica ST162 perform
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 17:16:50 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0084829330444336 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.