Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » I'm about to get buddy-clubs imported: anybody else want a set? (discount etc.)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
I'm about to get buddy-clubs imported: anybody else want a set? (discount etc.) Tue, 14 December 2004 01:58 Go to next message
I know when I'm beaten. I'll never see those F#@*!N Lenso 5-spokes in my stud pattern, at least until the day after I've had a different set of rims fitted anyway! (murphy's law)

That's why I give up on beating my head against the brick wall that is Lenso, and am ordering a set of Buddy-Club "SF" rims in from Japan. HURRAH! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

http://www.vertexracing.com/images/wheels/buddyclub/bc-sf4gu.jpghttp://www.vertexracing.com/images/wheels/buddyclub/bc-sf4wh.jpg

Gunmetal or White: I can't decide!

The heart says white, but the brain is screaming "are you mental? white will need cleaning daily!"

There isn't any stock at the stores/distributors I've phoned in my offset, so they've gotta come in from Japan. If anyone else wants to get buddy clubs 4 da Celica (or anything else that's special order) then let me know post-haste!

I'll most likely be ordering by the end of the week to get them on the boat before new-year, for a mid-febuary arrival.

oh yeah - details:

17x7", 5x100 stud pattern, +38 offset

Approximately $1420 for the set of 4. Less $$ the more people order.
  Send a private message to this user    
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: I'm about to get buddy-clubs imported: anybody else want a set? (discount etc.) Tue, 14 December 2004 02:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats hell cheap! Arnt they the QF? Forged? They are suppose to be expensive! But anyways, I paid $1800 for my Buddy Club P1's about a year ago, in that same size! Good syuff!
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: I'm about to get buddy-clubs imported: anybody else want a set? (discount etc.) Tue, 14 December 2004 02:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's the tricky bit, Koffee. They look JUST like the QF's, but they're cast, like the original P1 Racing wheels (not forged, like the QF). P1's should be about the same price in 17x7. And yeah, I know - the price is ACE for Buddy's!

Oh yeah - Forged QF's cost around about $730/wheel ! ! !

I'd buy O.Z. Racing "Chrono Evolutions" for that sorta money!

[Updated on: Tue, 14 December 2004 02:47]

CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: I'm about to get buddy-clubs imported: anybody else want a set? (discount etc.) Tue, 14 December 2004 02:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I thought 17x7 was only available in +35 and +43 offsets?
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: I'm about to get buddy-clubs imported: anybody else want a set? (discount etc.) Tue, 14 December 2004 03:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude,

why don't you just get the Lenso's re-drilled to suit your stud pattern? There are more than enough places to do it for you.

Those buddyclubs look awesome.

how much would a set of 15 X 7 4X100 be? FWD offset suit civic in white?
nick2b
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: I'm about to get buddy-clubs imported: anybody else want a set? (discount etc.) Tue, 14 December 2004 03:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have a nice set of wheels multi 4 stud if anyone wants 2 have a look there cheap
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: I'm about to get buddy-clubs imported: anybody else want a set? (discount etc.) Tue, 14 December 2004 03:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good point CruZsida. Still, +35mm or +38mm : They'll fit either way (they're NOT the WRX offset, anyway).

ae86slaver wrote on Tue, 14 December 2004 14:00

dude,

why don't you just get the Lenso's re-drilled to suit your stud pattern? There are more than enough places to do it for you.

Those buddyclubs look awesome.

how much would a set of 15 X 7 4X100 be? FWD offset suit civic in white?

The Lensos have little tiny holes cast or drilled between the main holes. I'd guess this is to stop people doing exactly what you just suggested ! ! I've read that they're not overly strong, coz they don't need to be sittting under little FWD buzboxes. Sounds like pushing your luck to try that sort of thing..... . . . .

Can you be a little more specific than "FWD offset" ae86slaver?
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: I'm about to get buddy-clubs imported: anybody else want a set? (discount etc.) Tue, 14 December 2004 03:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ummmm well anything +ve offset. I'm not sure what a civic offset would be but it is for a 95 EG.

Can find out - but roughly what would 15's of that nature cost?
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: I'm about to get buddy-clubs imported: anybody else want a set? (discount etc.) Tue, 14 December 2004 03:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The e-mail HAS BEEN FIRED off Mr Slaver.

The wait IS ON ! ! !

I'll post/PM u a price tomorrow (going to bed now).
rob-ae86
Regular

November 2002
Re: I'm about to get buddy-clubs imported: anybody else want a set? (discount etc.) Tue, 14 December 2004 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have white buddy clubs they are such a pain to clean about every three days
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: I'm about to get buddy-clubs imported: anybody else want a set? (discount etc.) Wed, 15 December 2004 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.first-inc.co.jp/buddyclub/p1/images/r_17rw.jpghttp://www.first-inc.co.jp/buddyclub/p1/images/q_gun.jpg
http://www.first-inc.co.jp/buddyclub/p1/images/r_17ts.jpghttp://www.first-inc.co.jp/buddyclub/p1/images/q_white.jpg

Both styles (P1 or SF) are as follows:

15" versions weigh around 13.5lbs. Ideal for those looking for proven track wheels. 17" versions available in Gold for an extra $50 a set.

15X5.5 $1160

15X7 $1210

15X8 $1260

16X7 $1310

16X7.5 $1330

16X8.5 $1360

17X7 $1410

17X8 $1460

17X9 $1500

Pricing applies to 4 rims, singles and staggered sets available on request. Add $20 a set for staggered sets eg 2X17/8 2X17/9 is $1480.

ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: I'm about to get buddy-clubs imported: anybody else want a set? (discount etc.) Wed, 15 December 2004 02:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
omg... that's increadibly cheap... i'm so interested but dman! lol... wait till mid next year!!! >_< Laughing Laughing Laughing
Senor_2
Regular

September 2003
Re: I'm about to get buddy-clubs imported: anybody else want a set? (discount etc.) Wed, 15 December 2004 02:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Are the P1's available in a deep dish style??
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: I'm about to get buddy-clubs imported: anybody else want a set? (discount etc.) Wed, 15 December 2004 03:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senor_2 wrote on Wed, 15 December 2004 13:31

Are the P1's available in a deep dish style??

Not regular P1. This Silvia wears 17x8 front and 17x9 rears:
http://firesport.ipspace.com/item_images/12892.jpg
No sign of dishiness ! !

I have seen QF/SF's in Deep dish though. Phat widths only (8inch+ i think).
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: I'm about to get buddy-clubs imported: anybody else want a set? (discount etc.) Wed, 15 December 2004 04:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
omg i love P1's if it werent for my recent decision to work on the 1G i would have gone for a set Sad

st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: I'm about to get buddy-clubs imported: anybody else want a set? (discount etc.) Wed, 15 December 2004 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Speed vs. Style question eh? an age-old dilemma for those of us earning less than $50/hour.

I'd choose speed if I believed for a second that I could extract some decent power from the celica, but then I don't have $5000 to spend on a hardcore 3sGTe + $2000 for the 4WD hardware. Rims it is!
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: I'm about to get buddy-clubs imported: anybody else want a set? (discount etc.) Wed, 15 December 2004 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yer, well i was actually going to get a set of P1's then the twin turbo manifold became avaiable diiiirt cheap so ive now put deposits on T28's and FMIC so i dont think the P1's will happen for a while now Sad
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: I'm about to get buddy-clubs imported: anybody else want a set? (discount etc.) Wed, 15 December 2004 21:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1GGTE wrote on Wed, 15 December 2004 18:11

yer, well i was actually going to get a set of P1's then the twin turbo manifold became avaiable diiiirt cheap so ive now put deposits on T28's and FMIC

N I C E !

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: I'm about to get buddy-clubs imported: anybody else want a set? (discount etc.) Wed, 15 December 2004 22:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well lets hope so aye Wink
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: I'm about to get buddy-clubs imported: anybody else want a set? (discount etc.) Tue, 21 December 2004 07:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Once again, I'm interested in a set of 5 P1's, but only if I can get a guarantee from the Manufacturer that they will clear the standard four spot callipers on my ST205 Celica. Given this concern, I'll list my interest as moderate, while waing on confirmation of this factor?
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: I'm about to get buddy-clubs imported: anybody else want a set? (discount etc.) Tue, 21 December 2004 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i want 2x 15x8", in the lowest offset possible, for 4x114.3

do they come in two's?
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: I'm about to get buddy-clubs imported: anybody else want a set? (discount etc.) Thu, 30 December 2004 17:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, I think you can get pairs. but:

F U C K !

Buddy club in Japan is saying they can't/not making my offset, but the importer thinks they just can't be stuffed organising a single set from the factory in Taiwan.

P O O F T A H S !

I'm open to ideas or suggestions on either getting hold of a set, or another type of wheel in 17x7:, 5x100pcd, +34 to +40 offset.

/end rant.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: I'm about to get buddy-clubs imported: anybody else want a set? (discount etc.) Fri, 31 December 2004 01:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just get a better offset?

maybe somehing lower? +20? +0?
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: I'm about to get buddy-clubs imported: anybody else want a set? (discount etc.) Fri, 31 December 2004 01:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just find out an offset you want, usualyy these big companies, will send you the reccomended ofset, but you can always requaest for something else.
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: I'm about to get buddy-clubs imported: anybody else want a set? (discount etc.) Fri, 31 December 2004 03:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KOFFEE-BLACK wrote on Fri, 31 December 2004 12:29

Just find out an offset you want, usualyy these big companies, will send you the reccomended ofset, but you can always requaest for something else.

They can/do make 'em in +35 offset (in 4x100 stud for hondas). They just don't seem to want to.

fag-arsed Celica hubs.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: I'm about to get buddy-clubs imported: anybody else want a set? (discount etc.) Sun, 02 January 2005 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1GGTE wrote on Fri, 31 December 2004 09:21

Do you even understand what offset means, and how it relates to the position of a rim on a car?
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: I'm about to get buddy-clubs imported: anybody else want a set? (discount etc.) Sun, 02 January 2005 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Sun, 02 January 2005 19:01

Do you even understand what offset means, and how it relates to the position of a rim on a car?

Ummm - yeah - of course I do. There's no cars about wearing 5x100 hubs that need/use an offset less that +35mm though. Besides, if I push the wheels out much closer to the guards and lower it, I'll get guard-wheel contact through gutters and stuff. Any bigger offset puts the inside of the rear wheels in contact with the rear struts, coz there's only about 8-9mm of clearance with 6inch wide rims.

It's not a problem I'm having with engineering or anything, it's a problem with getting a handful of wheels brought in from slack-arsed manufacturers. It seems I'm the only person in the country after 89-99 Celica wheels, so I'm getting kinda sick of this whole process of finding something I like, making sure it's made in my size/hub pattern/offset, ordering it, then being told the manufacturer won't make/machine a set and ship it.

The simple solution I've come up with, is to ditch the Celica and go with the crowd. R33 Skyline here I come ! !

p.s. Anyone want to buy a Silver '90 celica?
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: I'm about to get buddy-clubs imported: anybody else want a set? (discount etc.) Sun, 02 January 2005 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
st184 sillycar wrote on Sun, 02 January 2005 16:22

CrUZsida wrote on Sun, 02 January 2005 19:01

Ummm - yeah - of course I do.

That wasn't directed at you incase you didnt realise that.

[Updated on: Sun, 02 January 2005 08:34]

st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: I'm about to get buddy-clubs imported: anybody else want a set? (discount etc.) Sun, 02 January 2005 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah - twigged to it just after I posted it. - Oh well

Crying or Very Sad

stupid ghey Celica hubs (widt teh massif aids)
Son Gokou
Regular

September 2002

icon5.gif  Re: I'm about to get buddy-clubs imported: anybody else want a set? (discount etc.) Tue, 11 January 2005 22:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Does anyone know if u can get the centre cap for the P1 racing rims?
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: I'm about to get buddy-clubs imported: anybody else want a set? (discount etc.) Wed, 12 January 2005 07:33 Go to previous message
Wow they look lovely... if i wasnt paying for schoolies i'd maybe think about buying some... good luck... i skipped past the POOFTAH'S and thought maybe somethings happened...
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Voices in head (ST165)
Next Topic:car running 17 psi with no changes? for no reason..
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 17:04:31 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0070769786834717 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.