Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
The Count
Forums Junkie

June 2004
cerfew for P Platers Tue, 14 December 2004 03:42 Go to next message
fmd ...there enforcing the cerfew on P Platers...and not aloowing us to have qik cars , ...well im glad im off my Ps in a month ..guys & gals on ur Ps...keepa look out for cops Razz
  Send a private message to this user    
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: cerfew for P Platers Tue, 14 December 2004 03:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=search&am p;srch=curfew
gorgan
Regular

November 2004
Re: cerfew for P Platers Thu, 06 January 2005 17:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well in my opinion, the law is stupid.

ok, you have a fast car that can do from 0-150km/h in 10 secs, and u have a slower car that can do the same speed in 17 secs.
So if someone still wanted to go that speed in a car, they would have an extra 7 secs to live before their accident?

and lets face it, how many cars nowdays can get to 150km/h, about 90% i would say?
djcougar
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: cerfew for P Platers Thu, 06 January 2005 21:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they aren't enforcing the curfew
they decided againest it because it would of been to much work for the cops (which really translates to, it was a fucked idea and we got to blame something)
davedrifts
Regular

Banned User

September 2004
Re: cerfew for P Platers Thu, 06 January 2005 23:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep. They scrapped that idea, i mean how many p platers have jobs that require them to drive late, quite alot i would imagine.
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: cerfew for P Platers Sun, 09 January 2005 07:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a job and night and thats to cruise Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy ...
Nolan
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: cerfew for P Platers Sun, 09 January 2005 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rolla Boy wrote on Sun, 09 January 2005 18:37

I have a job and night and thats to cruise Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy ...

hey ben how much does that pay?? Very Happy Very Happy

and where so i sign up for this job Razz

NOLAN
Major Clod
Regular

August 2003
Re: cerfew for P Platers Mon, 10 January 2005 01:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gorgan wrote on Fri, 07 January 2005 04:02

ok, you have a fast car that can do from 0-150km/h in 10 secs, and u have a slower car that can do the same speed in 17 secs.
So if someone still wanted to go that speed in a car, they would have an extra 7 secs to live before their accident?

and lets face it, how many cars nowdays can get to 150km/h, about 90% i would say?

Its hardly the top end speed that is going to kill you. Sure some of them might be going at those speeds and miss a turn, etc... but a lot of these accidents are also result of the inexperienced driver not knowing how to handle their high powered car. When they are trying to be a boy racer they nail it around the corner, break traction, plow into a tree, person, oncoming car, etc...

I honestly think its a good idea to limit the power to weight ratio for at least the first year of their P's. Passing a drivers test hardly qualifies you as a good, let alone responsible driver.
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: cerfew for P Platers Mon, 10 January 2005 17:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Major Clod wrote on Mon, 10 January 2005 12:49

Its hardly the top end speed that is going to kill you. Sure some of them might be going at those speeds and miss a turn, etc... but a lot of these accidents are also result of the inexperienced driver not knowing how to handle their high powered car. When they are trying to be a boy racer they nail it around the corner, break traction, plow into a tree, person, oncoming car, etc...

I honestly think its a good idea to limit the power to weight ratio for at least the first year of their P's. Passing a drivers test hardly qualifies you as a good, let alone responsible driver.

Agreed.
Hey in Brissy you don't need to display your L/P plates and you follow the same rules as everyone else don't you?
Is this because people are less aggressive on the road? My friend came to drive in Sydney from Brissy and told me people drive really crazy here. He said the roads in Brissy are smaller as well (not the motorways, freeways etc.).
gorgan
Regular

November 2004
Re: cerfew for P Platers Thu, 13 January 2005 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thu187 wrote on Tue, 11 January 2005 04:46

Agreed.
Hey in Brissy you don't need to display your L/P plates and you follow the same rules as everyone else don't you?
Is this because people are less aggressive on the road? My friend came to drive in Sydney from Brissy and told me people drive really crazy here. He said the roads in Brissy are smaller as well (not the motorways, freeways etc.).

that might be all true, but all the recent P plater deaths i have heard of are from excessive speeds past 100km/h on back streets and major roads. You have a point there about drivers not knowing their cars well enough and i guess thats what causes accidents at high speeds.
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: cerfew for P Platers Thu, 13 January 2005 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thu187 wrote on Tue, 11 January 2005 03:46

Agreed.

Yea, no loser or poofter plates were on my car at all 13-odd years ago. Very Happy

The only way to tell that someone is inexperienced is when they make themselves noticed by acting like dickheads. Otherwise yea, it's a much more relaxed environment without seeing big L's and P's all over the joint. I personally would hate it if they introduced required plates up here as even just driving near a driving school car, (the only thing I see with plates here), puts me right on edge too much.
Choony_AE86
Forums Junkie

May 2004

Re: cerfew for P Platers Thu, 13 January 2005 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$80 fine if we dont display our plates
that is ofcourse, before they give us a canary just because they've already stepped out of their vehicle to tell us off for having no plates in the first place.

But i honestly would rather to tell if someone is a L'earner or P'later, just makes me feel more confident i think Confused

-Choony
swayer08
Occasional Poster

September 2004

Re: cerfew for P Platers Thu, 13 January 2005 18:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Choony_AE86 wrote on Fri, 14 January 2005 01:06

$80 fine if we dont display our plates
that is ofcourse, before they give us a canary just because they've already stepped out of their vehicle to tell us off for having no plates in the first place.

But i honestly would rather to tell if someone is a L'earner or P'later, just makes me feel more confident i think Confused

-Choony

being on my l's still and i cant reverse or park very well.. id like to know whos who too...
it just shits me when no one will bother to teach you enough..
how else are u supose to learn...
im glad the kerphew didnt go into place... bit unfair if it did
Dust
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: cerfew for P Platers Fri, 14 January 2005 23:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
look in the windscreen of this car, probably tryin to do some of that "sensible" drifting.

http://i10.ebayimg.com/03/i/03/25/b6/5e_1_b.JPG
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: cerfew for P Platers Fri, 14 January 2005 23:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ouch, seems to be loads of green p-platers in my area with ss utes
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: cerfew for P Platers Fri, 14 January 2005 23:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they all drive like tards too
SetMeFree
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: cerfew for P Platers Sun, 16 January 2005 17:20 Go to previous message
hahahahahha @ curfew........ can u imagine 1000 teenagers drunk or peaking going to the city by train on a saturday nite, i hear front page news paper articles calling Very Happy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:A nice feel-good story.....
Next Topic:WTF is Oldschool?!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 09:49:50 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0060298442840576 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.