Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
hokey
Forums Junkie

September 2004
P plate driver course Tue, 14 December 2004 06:06 Go to next message
finally the bloody government have done something right by making it mandatory for P platers to take a drivin course which involves learning how to control a car. it will be run by instrucors and will be eight one hour lessons. i think they should have started this a long time ago. it is definitely way more important to know how to control oversteer than it is to parrallel park. at least when i get my P's i get to go to a track and fang a car around Evil or Very Mad

peace
  Send a private message to this user    
nick2b
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: P plate driver course Tue, 14 December 2004 06:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Any other new rules?
What about for L Platers?
hokey
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: P plate driver course Tue, 14 December 2004 06:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haven't heard anythin about L platers
nick2b
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: P plate driver course Tue, 14 December 2004 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Did you just " hear " about the p plate driver course or is it a fact?
hokey
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: P plate driver course Tue, 14 December 2004 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah it is on the front of the paper
nick2b
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: P plate driver course Tue, 14 December 2004 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn lol you when do you think the law will change about the age you get your pz?
hokey
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: P plate driver course Tue, 14 December 2004 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep 2007 and i will get mine exactly then ( my bday is jan 1).
wooo powerslides on a track Evil or Very Mad
alex_ta22
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: P plate driver course Tue, 14 December 2004 06:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is it free or do have to pay for the course?
hokey
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: P plate driver course Tue, 14 December 2004 06:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pretty sure it is free cause it said in teh paper it will cost the government about 100 million dollars
nick2b
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: P plate driver course Tue, 14 December 2004 06:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats good for me, i get my pz in may so im thinking i wont be affected?
skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: P plate driver course Tue, 14 December 2004 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nick2b wrote on Tue, 14 December 2004 17:37

Thats good for me, i get my pz in may so im thinking i wont be affected?

same, i got my red ps bout 2 weeks ago
as long as you only have to do the course when on your reds? otherwise i may just be in
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: P plate driver course Tue, 14 December 2004 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i doubt it'll be free....subsidised maybe Very Happy
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: P plate driver course Tue, 14 December 2004 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
other ideas suggested included compulsory courses on how to check if your tyres are bald or brakes are worn. Laughing
that would be just painful
skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: P plate driver course Tue, 14 December 2004 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
STR8 2.8 wrote on Tue, 14 December 2004 19:45

other ideas suggested included compulsory courses on how to check if your tyres are bald or brakes are worn. Laughing
that would be just painful

Laughing Laughing Laughing
well, i spose sum ppl cant do that...but lets laugh at them anyway!
Laughing Laughing Laughing
Tommo
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: P plate driver course Tue, 14 December 2004 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maybe you'll just have to pay a shite load more to get your license at the end?
Lench
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: P plate driver course Tue, 14 December 2004 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
id love to do one of these only problem is im kinda low on funds at the momentand whats the bet even after taking these courses theyll still want to bring in this curfew thing Rolling Eyes
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: P plate driver course Tue, 14 December 2004 14:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i already have my P's
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: P plate driver course Tue, 14 December 2004 21:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I must say from what I have heard it all sounds pretty good!
better training,both in schools and in the lead up to getting your licence
hands on defensive driving courses
power restrictions on vehicles for p platers
no curfew
no passenger restrictions unless you loose your licence and then there will be a periodical time after that,that you will be restricted in carrying passengers.
didnt hear if they will extend the age before you can get ur P's,i dont thik they will as the main focus seems to be not to restrict but to train...

so all in all I like what has been proposed,but this is just hearsay as it is all going to be formally proposed this afternoon.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: P plate driver course Tue, 14 December 2004 21:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ask for one for christmas like I did booked in for 22nd of Jan at Esatern Creek raceway for $190 normally $220 but p-platers get a discount yay. The courses at the moment is only a trial and they will compare over a year between two groups of 14000 those who do the 8 week course and those who don't to see who has the most accidents in a year. The course looks pretty sedate though the footage they have of the slalom shows the choc driving at speeds that the speedo doesn't even register, err hows is that going to improve car control
XiL3D
Regular

April 2003
Re: P plate driver course Wed, 15 December 2004 04:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My dads actually an advanced driver instructor out at oran park. Ian Luff runs em. its cool coz i get in for free when i finally go for 1.
Tommo
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: P plate driver course Wed, 15 December 2004 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
XiL3D wrote on Wed, 15 December 2004 15:36

My dads actually an advanced driver instructor out at oran park. Ian Luff runs em. its cool coz i get in for free when i finally go for 1.

so does you dad work with ian dyk? i went to school with him
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: P plate driver course Wed, 15 December 2004 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

no passenger restrictions unless you loose your licence and then there will be a periodical time after that,that you will be restricted in carrying passengers.

GREAT, its a good rule, but thats screwed up for me, i was usually a safe driver and ALWAYS a safe law obiding driver with one passenger or more....GAY

[Updated on: Wed, 15 December 2004 08:29]

nick2b
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: P plate driver course Wed, 15 December 2004 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jessetamsett wrote on Wed, 15 December 2004 19:27

Quote:

GREAT, its a good rule, but thats screwed up for me, i was usually a safe driver and ALWAYS a safe law obiding driver with one passenger or more....GAY

Yeah i agree with that rule 100%
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: P plate driver course Wed, 15 December 2004 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how long would this be for??
i'de been tossing over taking my back seats out anyway Razz but they sure do come in handy some times

[Updated on: Wed, 15 December 2004 08:31]

rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: P plate driver course Wed, 15 December 2004 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think this is a good idea, gives p platers a chance to learn how crap they are and cant drift cos they r shit and they could damage their exas or pulsar ET turbos or commodores Confused
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: P plate driver course Thu, 16 December 2004 00:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they won't be able to have a pulsar et turbo lol, no forced induction or v8's bahaah suckers.
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: P plate driver course Thu, 16 December 2004 00:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
twinkys have more power anyway Confused
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: P plate driver course Thu, 16 December 2004 00:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Thu, 16 December 2004 11:21

they won't be able to have a pulsar et turbo lol, no forced induction or v8's bahaah suckers.

yeh i can see the na tunig shops getting a bit of extra business now!! i wonder if they will put restrictions on na rotors Smile I hope not,I miss the sound of the monsta ported rotors of the early 90s Evil or Very Mad
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: P plate driver course Thu, 16 December 2004 00:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
err think Carl Scully said no modified cars either though how they can tell about any internal mods ie cams and shit i don't know
Or we could just all buy integra type r and s2000 the ultimate na motor cars, as said before though only effects new p-platers, so when i get the cash i can buy any car I want yay

[Updated on: Thu, 16 December 2004 00:55]

nick2b
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: P plate driver course Wed, 25 May 2005 01:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just bumping this up because i just got my p plates ( this morning) and i didnt go and take a drivin course and i passed Laughing .
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: P plate driver course Wed, 25 May 2005 02:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats because this was all bullshit, i did a driving course over chrissie for fun, err was just emrgency braking and stuff like that 190 bucks for p-platers, fun day though. P-platers can't do the level 2 course which is controlling understeer and over steer just thought i might add that to the knobs that think they would get to go ape on the track.
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: P plate driver course Wed, 25 May 2005 07:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Where did you do it? I feel like going out and doing it Smile

Also is this new P plate stuff for Victoria only or NSW and other states?
I'm on my greens but it would've been fun to do one of the advanced driving courses when I got my reds.
You guys should be happy! Very Happy
nick2b
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: P plate driver course Wed, 25 May 2005 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LOL i got them at castel hill( the hardest place ) lol well thats what my friends say im so fukinng pist of i parked in a 10am 2 a 3.00pm zoon i got a fine for bein 15 minutes late because i had school fuckk my frist day and already a $155 i wish i could get rid of this.
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: P plate driver course Wed, 25 May 2005 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nick2b wrote on Wed, 25 May 2005 18:52

LOL i got them at castel hill( the hardest place ) lol well thats what my friends say im so fukinng pist of i parked in a 10am 2 a 3.00pm zoon i got a fine for bein 15 minutes late because i had school fuckk my frist day and already a $155 i wish i could get rid of this.

gah!
spell-check is your friend.
i cant even understand what you are saying
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: P plate driver course Wed, 25 May 2005 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thu187 wrote on Wed, 25 May 2005 17:30

Where did you do it? I feel like going out and doing it Smile

Also is this new P plate stuff for Victoria only or NSW and other states?
I'm on my greens but it would've been fun to do one of the advanced driving courses when I got my reds.
You guys should be happy! Very Happy

eastern creek days are run by the ARDC driver training peeps, level one course run mid week and weekends cost 190 bucks for p-platers and 220 for non p platers. General emergency braking wet and dry, driver ed, swerve around object brake mid corner etc etc. All food and drinks provided on the day high staff to student ratio great instructor some of them are pretty big smart arses but is all good and you have a good laugh as well as learning a lot.
Can't do the level 2 course until you have a full license but once i do i am going back, and at the end of the year if i get a car with abs i am gonna do the level one course again.
Much cheaper than any other school cos they don't work by their name lik eian luff etc but the instructor are all really qualified so it fun. Plus at lunch time on the weekend you have the bikes going around the outside of the track so you can have a squiz if you like.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: P plate driver course Wed, 25 May 2005 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
quick question on the topic - are there any other courses apart from this one and the ian luff one? I'm shopping around to do all available levels of one type of course, brush up on my skills and learn my car's new handling capabilities off public roads.
tyottsoarer
Regular

June 2004
Re: P plate driver course Wed, 25 May 2005 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It pity the fools on their P's
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: P plate driver course Wed, 25 May 2005 22:48 Go to previous message
draven wrote on Wed, 25 May 2005 22:21

quick question on the topic - are there any other courses apart from this one and the ian luff one? I'm shopping around to do all available levels of one type of course, brush up on my skills and learn my car's new handling capabilities off public roads.

peter finlay's also run one at oran park but same price range as ian luff ie 300 bucks, holden runs em, so does prosche but thats in brisbane my uncle has done a BMW one with Geoff Brabham but that was an advanced one, personally i reckon the one at eastern creek was great and the fact that they are not in it for the money leads to a better day ie they are not trying to push ppl through, at a certain thing you'll at least have two to three runs, have a chat then do it again etc, ppl having trouble they'll jump in your car and either watch or show you how to do it (didn't happen to me once).
I think they cut out a lot of the costs by not having there own vehicles, demos are done in who's ever car they choose rather funny, for some reason they shied away from the rona.
Nothing funnier than seeing them ringing the neck of a ford ka and then locking it up in the wet.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:KExx Envy. WA sux arse for old skool rollas...
Next Topic:Playstation3 Hardware revealed!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 12:04:59 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0068371295928955 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.