Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Cruises and Events » Official 'Australia biggest AE86 Weekend' Summary thread, All the pics & weird storys!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Official 'Australia biggest AE86 Weekend' Summary thread, All the pics & weird storys! Mon, 13 December 2004 11:44 Go to next message
What a weekend. Its Monday 10:30pm(13/12/04). I just got home and im looking through pics, dead tired but yet unable to sleep.

I had an awesome time, This weekend was the meaning of everything AE86. There are some crazy, weird and stupidly funny storys to tell and not to mention literally 1000's of pics to post.

http://imageshack.us/

If you need pic hosting ^ that is where to upload them to.
Theres also some video footage that will be posted.

Let the posting begin!
I'll post storys and photos soon.
  Send a private message to this user    
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Official 'Australia biggest AE86 Weekend' Summary thread, All the pics & weird storys! Mon, 13 December 2004 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill be the first to say...

"COME ONN!! DO ITTT, DO IT NOWWWW, IM HEREE!! KILL MEEE!! IM THE ONE YOU WANNTT!!!"

ill add the rest tomorrow when im not absofuckinglutley tired.

ps. everyone i met over the weekend was a fucking champ. no exceptions. youre all awesome people!

BIG BIG BIG ups to chad (tofu garage) for being the best host to us interstaters, putting on the BBQ and egenerally helping us bunch of slackers get around!

ps, WHERE IS F.U.G? Laughing
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Official 'Australia biggest AE86 Weekend' Summary thread, All the pics & weird storys! Mon, 13 December 2004 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep so on and so forth, all nice ppl, all nice cars, thanks for a good weekend! same time next year yeh? hehe

only negative was the weather and the lack of melb ae86's who didn't show... there could of been over 50 cars easy but it was still a great sight to see 35 AE86's all in one spot

i've allready created a thread purely for pics!

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=53788&start=0&rid=6270&S=37170ce0b4b aa6000f8bd03a20b38306

go go go go post in there!

[Updated on: Mon, 13 December 2004 12:19]

Ribbo
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Official 'Australia biggest AE86 Weekend' Summary thread, All the pics & weird storys! Mon, 13 December 2004 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tierd is all I can say!!!!!
"HURREEEEE THE 4AC WILL GET YUUU!!!! MORE MORE MORE PIIIIIICS" in stupid Arnie voice

21hours down now don't ask how that happens!!!!

[Updated on: Mon, 13 December 2004 12:18]

bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: Official 'Australia biggest AE86 Weekend' Summary thread, All the pics & weird storys! Mon, 13 December 2004 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CMON BENNETT!!!! 4AC POWER.... WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR... DO IT!!!!!!!!!! DO IT NOHWWWWWWWWWWWWW

I agree 200% with garth (Who by the end of the weekend I can say has mastered the 6 special techniques required to become the next drift king)

I came into this weekend knowing a few weird forum names, but have come out of it with a heap of good mates.

Except Dirty dirty Ibis, because he's stolen my fire extinguisher Very Happy Dirty Ibis D! that and the fact the man refuses to use my top-secret toilet location information.

The other thread has basically covered pics I already have. So I'll post some of my favs here. Garth + GF took some awesome photos in chronological order of almost every event Wink

If anyone is wondering here's what happened with our trip.

We left 6:30am from homebush sydney.
arrived in the outskirts of melbourne at 2am. (we lost a good 3hrs stuffing around abit) we then realised a few things.

-melbourne has the worst drivers ever, we got cut off and near-rear ended numerous times withint 30min of arriving in melbourne (we thought it might be one off occurances, but it happened throughout the weekend!)
-melbourne is a big ass city and you can get lost easily.
-it took us 1hour to find our motel...
-3am arrival. total travel time = 21hours straight in our cars.

More points soon.

Heres a few pics;

http://img122.exs.cx/img122/2249/0011mv.jpg
http://img83.exs.cx/img83/8968/0029fy.jpg
http://img83.exs.cx/img83/3064/0036iu.jpg
http://img103.exs.cx/img103/1370/0047iv.jpg
http://img41.exs.cx/img41/8461/0057eh.jpg
http://img84.exs.cx/img84/8210/0068uv.jpg
http://img84.exs.cx/img84/6678/0070zr.jpg

[Updated on: Mon, 13 December 2004 19:12]

finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Official 'Australia biggest AE86 Weekend' Summary thread, All the pics & weird storys! Mon, 13 December 2004 13:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds like everyone had a tops time, nice to hear.

all i have to say is..
GOT DISH? That looks like one nice sprinter Smile
http://img41.exs.cx/img41/8461/0057eh.jpg
mrf_ool
Forums Junkie

May 2004

Re: Official 'Australia biggest AE86 Weekend' Summary thread, All the pics & weird storys! Mon, 13 December 2004 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Taree boys just got home its 1 am tuesday... going to bed put my stuff up later..
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: Official 'Australia biggest AE86 Weekend' Summary thread, All the pics & weird storys! Mon, 13 December 2004 20:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok, I could probably write a novel the size of war and peace about everything that happened. But I know people dont want to read through that so heres a few noteables in point form. (well sort of) Razz

DAY 1:::
- We had no major problems on the way down, apart from Will's fuel pump (which was fixed in 1minute) and going back and forth a few times looking for petrol stations (thanks shell website for telling us the wrong address) and ofcourse the 7M! cressida towing the kamikaze drifter paul's car overheating early on. (he pulled it off the trailer at nowra and drove from there). His diff whine was literally deafening (and thats just from being in my car next to him) "STOP WHINNING"
- There were some interesting reactions to our convoy on the way down. From literally; kids running onto the road and yelling 'up the sprinters' to some conversations about sprinters to country locals. Which was all great, then there was the bad. People feeling the need to cut us off, and one country bumpkin who decided to slow down and show us he knew sign language.
-How could I forget BUNTA made an appearance early on. In the southern hills region (before nowra and all that) A Blue WRX with NO PLATES decided he wanted to take on the hachi convoy on the downhill mountain pass. Ofcourse due to the fog and vision being about 10metres we wouldnt have any of that... and he flew past. We then saw him again 5min later, on the side of the road. Pulled over by cops for speeding and no plates. Wink
-There was also a bad semi/truck crash just after this (it ran off the road due to the wet and fog)
-Bermagui (if any of you know it) has an awesome stretch of road Wink Thanks goes to the BP attendant for the heads up on that.
-After 20hrs of driving we got to Melbourne. The looks on everyones faces told the story. Murder would occur if we didnt find our motel room NOHHHHHWWWW. Ofcourse I assumed finding the airport would be the easiest location to find in Melbourne. This wasnt the case, we had to avoid the direct road there because we didnt have e-way. This royally stuffed everything up and it took us 1hour (dodging psycho cabbies, and 4wds) to find our motel.

DAY2:::
-Awoke to the sound of revving 4AGE's (I spose I couldnt have asked for a better wakeup call) It was the SA boys, and theyd just arrived. We had an hour or so to get to brimbank park for the meet & photoshoot.
-Garth gave me directions as he stayed behind in true hachi spirit to help out some SA boys and this is where I learnt to not trust the NRMA. The day before, I had asked a BP attendant for an NRMA map, he said I needed to be a member but gave me one anyway (central melbourne map). I thought this was a good thing. So as we were travelling to this park I soon realise the road to get there doesnt exist ON THIS NEW EDITION NRMA MAP! so we drive around confused (yet again) until we head back to our motel, to memorise the route from a proper street directory.
-We finally arrived at the park. 1hour late. 33 Cars. I believe this was JUST enough to rank it Australia's biggest meet.
-It was an awesome site, and I found myself talking 'for ages' (heh.heh.) to people and then realising I knew them off the forums after the obligatory 'whats your nick on toymods'. It was HACHI HEAVEN!. The photos will hopefully be published in Drift Battle Magazine in a few months.
-The day was pretty much full, we ended up just grabbing a pizza that night. After scoping out Calder Park for the practice night.

DAY3::
-Calder time!. "Undaa undaa undaa".... "BANZAI!!!" lol. It took all the logistical strength and teamwork we had to setup the hachi roku flying v formation at the show & shine. heh. But it was worth it.
-It was then time to sit and relax for once and watch the action. This is where we learnt that Melbourne has the worst weather ever. It was mild, then began to get hot. As in, 36degree burn hot. So we used some backyard blitz knowledge and setup a tent (consiting of a hachi car cover, and 3 hachi bonnet stands). This was ok for awhile, until the 36degree sunny sky decided to start pouring rain. The tent then needed some DDM (dodgy drift modification) and we setup a proper tarp. (ZIP TIES!)
-We then got called for the show & shine lap. We had a plan to turn this into a hotlap. However we were givin a pace-car. So it became a case of stand still, make room, gun it. Which Will did at the mid S-bend corner to the delight of the fans but an attendant angrily reminded him 'this wasnt the drift' Laughing I protested with full lock and screeching tyres to also get a "SLOW DOWN!!!!!!!!!"
-The event was well organised. They had stunt bikes and burnouts inbetween the waiting time (which is a must). But when the waiting time turns into 15minutes+ of no drift. It looses momentum. I'd like to say it was a great event. But it wasnt due to one thing. The judges. Simon's battle VS the R33 was a dead joke. The 1st run was very close and even. The reverse run clearly went to simon. (FULL LOCK at the exit of the s-bend vs the R33 going over shicanes virtually straight). They decided to call a repeat battle. In which it was the same story. Simon won the first, and on the second, he again came full lock through the S but then JUST clipped dirt on the hairpin. The R33 also went wide but yet it won... It did well, but not as well as the little hachi.
-We decided to head out to see the sites of Melbourne, and thanks to a few of the VIC Boys Hui, Jason and others we got treated to an awesome little chinese restaurant.
-And just like that the weekend came to a close. Seemed like a blur, but as they say time flys when..

DAY4::
-There was still the trip back, this time we were heading up the HUME HWY, monsoonal weather to begin with. Within 1hour it was hot again. We were AHEAD of schedule (whatever that means) until ofcourse Jeremy's Dirty Ibis decided to crack a header (all the way around the pipe just at the flange) This sucked a filter into one of his quads and it was time for a long stop (luckily it happened just on lunch time). Des pulled out the putty and Jeremy re-aligned the sock and we were on our way. Until the putty cracked off. So it was time for another fix (this time using putty and chemical sealant tape). At this point it was again 30 degrees and a fly bonanza. But it got sorted out and we were soon on our way again. After another few stops it seemed it would hold up (at a slow pace) so a few of the boys stayed back to makesure while the rest pressed on.

Ive got 150+ photos (I ran outta batteries ;( Jeremy, Garth and Des have some awesome shots while driving. Hopefully theyll be up soon. Tai and the rest of the fool crew also have some video!.

I cant end this post without saying that;

-Will is the funniest man alive.

It's kinda crazy, feels like I've known everyone for a long time.

BRISBANE next year?

Wink

http://img95.exs.cx/img95/8250/0228ka.jpg

CMONNNN WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR DO IT.. DO IT NOHHHWWWWWWW

[Updated on: Mon, 13 December 2004 21:11]

bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: Official 'Australia biggest AE86 Weekend' Summary thread, All the pics & weird storys! Mon, 13 December 2004 21:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://members.optushome.com.au/creed01/did.jpg

Very Happy
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Official 'Australia biggest AE86 Weekend' Summary thread, All the pics & weird storys! Mon, 13 December 2004 22:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys

im still in melbourne lol, but we are leaving in a few hours.

we will have to share all of our photos and video

ive got about half an hour of drift footage, some nice close action.

talk to yas when i get back, heres hoping my car makes it Embarassed
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Official 'Australia biggest AE86 Weekend' Summary thread, All the pics & weird storys! Mon, 13 December 2004 23:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LOL~!!!!!

D.I.D. !!!!!

the legacy has begun!

DO IT!!!!!!! DO IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Well Andrew i dunno how you do it but i'm at work right now and STILL fucking tired!!!!

But i just wanted to say that this may well have been one of the most enjoyable weekends i've ever had in my life.

The friends i have made not to mention sharing a passion in which we all love is only a privilege and it was definately worth the 20+ hour trip there.

Will write up more later, and post pics.

I still can't take the smile off my face Smile
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: Official 'Australia biggest AE86 Weekend' Summary thread, All the pics & weird storys! Tue, 14 December 2004 00:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86slaver wrote on Tue, 14 December 2004 10:16

I still can't take the smile off my face Smile

My parents think I've gone nuts, walking around the house.. CMON!! GET OUT OF THE WAYYY DO IT NAAOOOHWWWWWW. Bloody Will! Laughing

I managed to get a day off work today. So i get to relax. I feel sorry for you guys that had to work.

Des man... POWERNAP NOW!!!!!!!!! DO IT!!!!!!!!! CMON!!!!!!!

Very Happy Very Happy Laughing

[Updated on: Tue, 14 December 2004 00:07]

AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Official 'Australia biggest AE86 Weekend' Summary thread, All the pics & weird storys! Tue, 14 December 2004 00:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bathurst-91 wrote on Tue, 14 December 2004 08:53

http://members.optushome.com.au/creed01/did.jpg

Very Happy

Dude, some fine tuning and that's it!!!! Laughing

I AINT DRIVIN TO SYDNEY FOR CHINESE FOOD MOTHERFUCCKA! lol

Crazy times! Thanks everyone for making it a fantazzich trip! It's amazing how all 86'ers just seem to bond and there just never sems to be the usual first-time-meeting-someone stuff. Everyone just seems to be on the level (except Genkin who's always off getting ice-cream by himself)......

Big ups to Chad (you are the man!), Garth and Andrew for making this whole thing happen/directing us around Melbourne.

ONly real disappointment was the aforementioned rorting of Simon once again in the finals. Oh well, he's bound for glory in any case.

Anyway, gotta go get the ibis' anus welded back up.....

Thanks everyone!
4ageeza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Official 'Australia biggest AE86 Weekend' Summary thread, All the pics & weird storys! Tue, 14 December 2004 01:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Awsome weekend. Thanks all who attended and making it a good one. Great to meet more enthusiasts'n'shit.
da_horse
Regular

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Official 'Australia biggest AE86 Weekend' Summary thread, All the pics & weird storys! Tue, 14 December 2004 01:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yups, a very good weekend, tiring but all worth it. i dont know how the interstate guys are still able to post within a few hours of coming back...i had a full day's rest and i'm still beat. i've got a total of 850 pictures, but with editing to see which are good and which are shit, i would have around 600 good pics, i think...

twas great meeting everyone, and listening to the sydney guys on their CB's makes you understand how they managed to drive the 20+ hours down here Laughing

driving around in a convoy was quite interesting, especially at yellow lights Razz

i'll try to start putting pics up later tonite...

Cheers

Huy
AE86Boy
Regular

July 2003
Re: Official 'Australia biggest AE86 Weekend' Summary thread, All the pics & weird storys! Tue, 14 December 2004 03:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Guys!!!
one word

AWESOME!
Thats all I Can think of to disrcibe each and everyone of you guys! Simply Awesome!
Best Time ever pity I only had a dodgy 27 pic disposable camera to record my memories, Im sure I wont be disappointed by the 3000 plus pix that are bound to cum up over the next few days though!
Andrew You R INSANE!!!!
I got home Showered applied Moisturizer to my 3rd dergree sunburns and passed out! But you my friend had the will power to post an essay!! UtterNutter!!

Shout Out To All You Interstate Guys...
to many to list and Im having trouble alocatting names to faces already!!
Des Thanks heaps for helpin out me and the missus with our Room Dramas After The neverending Drive Down... Legend!!!
Only One Negative Was that Friggin loser track Marshal!!!! Evil or Very Mad
"Your here for Show & Shine, Not 4 Drift!!!!"
I'll give you Drift!!!! Twisted Evil

He had A point but hell I was Itching!!!

Dirty Ibis!!! Cunny Funt!!
Garth, What R U Waiting For Girlie Man!!!!
CMON DO IT DRIFT IT NOW!!!!
Micheal.... hmmmmmm Rolling Eyes Very Happy Laughing Razz
nice login dude! suits you to a T Laughing Laughing
Ribo!!!! I'll Get You Next Time!!!! BloodyAnimalFrigginFrankenstienMachineofathing!!!!
Taree Boys.... Dedication! for real!
and to the man and his red Machine!
Paul your my role model!!!
Your insane in every sense of the Word!!!
Cheers Guys

My Missus actually Had a goodtime too!
maybe next year we'll pack A little Lighter!!
take it easy Guys gotta catch up soon!!
Cheers Will. Very Happy Very Happy
monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Official 'Australia biggest AE86 Weekend' Summary thread, All the pics & weird storys! Tue, 14 December 2004 04:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds like you guys had a kickass time!

bathurst-91 wrote on Tue, 14 December 2004 06:56

BRISBANE next year?

http://users.bigpond.net.au/monkeymajik/dooit.gif
mumblezzz
Regular

June 2003
Re: Official 'Australia biggest AE86 Weekend' Summary thread, All the pics & weird storys! Tue, 14 December 2004 06:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Holy shitballs batman! What a weekend. Where do I start??? First of all it was great to meet up with you guys. Its rare to come across a group of people so friendly and willing to help like you guys.

The cars!!! OMG you mexicans have got some of the cleanest well presented 86's I've ever seen. Certainly a change from QLD where Boro is king. Now stop polishing em and start thrashing them. Razz

Too bad I didnt have much luck over the weekend. Driving a crippled 86 for 18 hours or so sending me deaf. Along with choking in the qualifiers and crashing twice. I'm sure most of you saw me express my thoughts about melbourne as well. Oh well, it was a great experience over all.

Oh and for brisbane next year....

C'mon DO IT!!! Do it now!!!
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Official 'Australia biggest AE86 Weekend' Summary thread, All the pics & weird storys! Tue, 14 December 2004 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mumblezzz, you did the Northern hachi roadtrippers proud my man..... I saw a lot of power-over on the track from the turbo cars, but you can DRIVE!!!! Well done mate, you were blowing a few minds with your N/A 1600 antics Very Happy Shocked

Crab is also showing some SERIOUS style out there. Super consistent and ultra-smooth!

Of course Simon doesn't need anymore piss in his pocket Razz
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: Official 'Australia biggest AE86 Weekend' Summary thread, All the pics & weird storys! Tue, 14 December 2004 06:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha yeah mumbz impressed me along with crabs

but im still waiting for vifs of HACHI's only in action Wink so... start collaborating and posting up. i wanna see the run where i hit henn, the run where i overtake henn etc... (poor henn hehe)

bring it ON!
mumblezzz
Regular

June 2003
Re: Official 'Australia biggest AE86 Weekend' Summary thread, All the pics & weird storys! Tue, 14 December 2004 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a little footage of the weekend on my mates camera. I'll see if it worth putting up.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Official 'Australia biggest AE86 Weekend' Summary thread, All the pics & weird storys! Tue, 14 December 2004 07:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

http://www.digitalfunk.net/Garth/ae86/ae86_melb/

http://users.bigpond.net.au/monkeymajik/dooit.gifhttp://users.bigpond.net.au/monkeymajik/dooit.gifhttp://users.bigpond.net.au/monkeymajik/dooit.gifhttp://users.bigpond.net.au/monkeymajik/dooit.gifhttp://users.bigpond.net.au/monkeymajik/dooit.gif

http://www.digitalfunk.net/Garth/ae86/ae86_melb/images/bbq011.jpg

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Official 'Australia biggest AE86 Weekend' Summary thread, All the pics & weird storys! Tue, 14 December 2004 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I googled for Ibis and fuck me dead, if this is the general consensus on this bird, it suits my dirty pig of a car to a t!

http://www.thescene.com.au/forum/?act=ST&f=28& amp;t=39973&
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Official 'Australia biggest AE86 Weekend' Summary thread, All the pics & weird storys! Tue, 14 December 2004 07:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You bastard Garth!

For that you have to make me 2 stickers - 'Dirty Ibis' and 'Tip Turkey' lol!
Youngy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Official 'Australia biggest AE86 Weekend' Summary thread, All the pics & weird storys! Tue, 14 December 2004 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahahahahhaha Laughing
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Official 'Australia biggest AE86 Weekend' Summary thread, All the pics & weird storys! Tue, 14 December 2004 07:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mr Young!

Ok guys, here's my prototype pic......

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/AE86slut/dirtyibis2.jpg
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: Official 'Australia biggest AE86 Weekend' Summary thread, All the pics & weird storys! Tue, 14 December 2004 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.jsp-inc.com/upload/22.jpg
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: Official 'Australia biggest AE86 Weekend' Summary thread, All the pics & weird storys! Tue, 14 December 2004 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha nice one Jeremy.
or if we can find someone who can draw (cartoonish) sort of (hell evan manga/anime) to do us an diD logo.

So after looking over all my photos I realised A sad truth.

My best shot Was taken with my phone! lol.

http://members.optushome.com.au/creed01/Picture(2).jpg

pity that isnt high quality Nope

[Updated on: Tue, 14 December 2004 07:59]

Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: Official 'Australia biggest AE86 Weekend' Summary thread, All the pics & weird storys! Tue, 14 December 2004 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so can somone fill me in on the dirty ibis story... while some of us were out driving and organising everything for the weekend. i got fuckall chance to socilise and meet many ppl...
improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Official 'Australia biggest AE86 Weekend' Summary thread, All the pics & weird storys! Tue, 14 December 2004 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simon-AE86 wrote on Tue, 14 December 2004 18:56

so can somone fill me in on the dirty ibis story... while some of us were out driving and organising everything for the weekend. i got fuckall chance to socilise and meet many ppl...

Yeah i second that as some of us where flat out . Anyone get a pic of me in that carpark with a anglegrinder ? Must have looked a bit funny .
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Official 'Australia biggest AE86 Weekend' Summary thread, All the pics & weird storys! Tue, 14 December 2004 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's just the name given to my car ages ago after looking at these foul, filthy noisy birds nesting in a tree, then looking at my car and seeing a strange similarity. My car hasn't been washed since around March and the only part that is clean on it is where the words 'DIRTY IBIS' were smudged into the filth on the hatch.

Andrew (Bathurst-91) is the newest member of Team Dirty Ibis..... A protege, if you will.

Read this and you get an idea of the phenomena that is the ibis:

http://www.thescene.com.au/forum/?act=ST&f=28& amp;t=39973&
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: Official 'Australia biggest AE86 Weekend' Summary thread, All the pics & weird storys! Tue, 14 December 2004 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ask Jeremy Wink

He'll explain it best, but it became lore to us when it was explained over the CB. Kind of in the vain of another term for drift pig but dirtier Razz much much dirtier...

bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: Official 'Australia biggest AE86 Weekend' Summary thread, All the pics & weird storys! Tue, 14 December 2004 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Jeremy, when I was googling for pics I came across some info.

Tehuti is a god of wisdom and knowledge, and this god wears the mask of the Ibis.
Very Happy

Im telling you all, Will is a closet diD member. Sure he had the cleanest and most polished car there.. but you wait awhile Dirty Ibis status will be achieved.

AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Official 'Australia biggest AE86 Weekend' Summary thread, All the pics & weird storys! Tue, 14 December 2004 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bathurst-91 wrote on Tue, 14 December 2004 19:12

dirtier Razz much much dirtier...

Laughing Laughing Laughing

bathurst-91 wrote on Tue, 14 December 2004 19:16

Tehuti is a god of wisdom and knowledge, and this god wears the mask of the Ibis.

Hmmmm...... Tehuti would fit on a custom plate too Very Happy

Sounds Maori.... Is it?

[Updated on: Tue, 14 December 2004 08:26]

Skaney
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Official 'Australia biggest AE86 Weekend' Summary thread, All the pics & weird storys! Tue, 14 December 2004 08:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The weekend was great.. for some reason I can't access my FTP site to upload some of my photos, but I will chuck them up later.

But I got a bit shitted off on the way back to SA going through Arrarat. I had a highway patrol catch me busting some sick "undue noise" turning right.

Now with my driving style and open wheel diff it wasn't anything spectacular but he insisted on trying to defect me. I assured him the car was Regency approved (heh) and was on my way with a fine to follow in the mail..

Nice way to end the road trip Sad

Anyone know how many points you lose in Vic for this?

Other than that it was a pretty damn cool experiance. You sydney guys just don't shut up on the CB's do you!
The show and shine laps were pretty cool too!

AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Official 'Australia biggest AE86 Weekend' Summary thread, All the pics & weird storys! Tue, 14 December 2004 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That sucks Skaney...... At least you can say you have one of the cleanest Levin's in the country tho! Shocked

I can't believe how hard Jezza was ripping it up in the Stanza! Absolute madman dude!
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: Official 'Australia biggest AE86 Weekend' Summary thread, All the pics & weird storys! Tue, 14 December 2004 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol less talk, more drift Wink
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: Official 'Australia biggest AE86 Weekend' Summary thread, All the pics & weird storys! Tue, 14 December 2004 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
we too got pulled over by vic's finest highway patrol, while i was towing the hachi. doing nothing at all wrong either... uess they wanted to have a closer look at the hachi...
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Official 'Australia biggest AE86 Weekend' Summary thread, All the pics & weird storys! Tue, 14 December 2004 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simon-AE86 wrote on Tue, 14 December 2004 19:35

lol less talk, more drift Wink

I never mentioned drift Wink

The Dirty Ibis will be in full flight at Driftland this Friday night tho Very Happy
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Official 'Australia biggest AE86 Weekend' Summary thread, All the pics & weird storys! Tue, 14 December 2004 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.digitalfunk.net/Garth/ae86/des_mirror.jpg

hows that?
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Official 'Australia biggest AE86 Weekend' Summary thread, All the pics & weird storys! Tue, 14 December 2004 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here's a little present for Chad Very Happy

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/AE86slut/Chadgirls.jpg
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: Official 'Australia biggest AE86 Weekend' Summary thread, All the pics & weird storys! Tue, 14 December 2004 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://members.optushome.com.au/creed01/didlogosmall.jpg

Ok if everyone likes this then lets get them made up as stickers.

Smile
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: Official 'Australia biggest AE86 Weekend' Summary thread, All the pics & weird storys! Tue, 14 December 2004 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heres a quick vid Wink

http://www.brian.dotchan.org/DAlbum/photo.php?file =/Toyota%20AE86/Simon/driftvids.net%20-%20Simon%20 -%20AE86%20-%20Drift%20%40%20Calder%20park%20%2820 04%29.AVI
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: Official 'Australia biggest AE86 Weekend' Summary thread, All the pics & weird storys! Tue, 14 December 2004 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Video's

Click this link and then go to AE86

download the links (calder and misc vids)
4ageeza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Official 'Australia biggest AE86 Weekend' Summary thread, All the pics & weird storys! Tue, 14 December 2004 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here are some pictures of some SA dudes.

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~jlfitz/mypic7.jpg

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~jlfitz/mypic8.jpg
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: Official 'Australia biggest AE86 Weekend' Summary thread, All the pics & weird storys! Tue, 14 December 2004 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That pic of Jeremy next to his car is gold. Go the Dirty Ibis writing too..
Someone submit it to a magazine.

Thats something we all should have done. grrr.

[Updated on: Tue, 14 December 2004 12:05]

ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Official 'Australia biggest AE86 Weekend' Summary thread, All the pics & weird storys! Tue, 14 December 2004 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bwahahahaha, that pic of arch is golden
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Official 'Australia biggest AE86 Weekend' Summary thread, All the pics & weird storys! Tue, 14 December 2004 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol
toke toke toke it up Wink

bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: Official 'Australia biggest AE86 Weekend' Summary thread, All the pics & weird storys! Tue, 14 December 2004 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://img69.exs.cx/img69/5360/img6304small1xl.jpg

I know I said melbourne drivers are the worst, and melbourne weather is the worst, and melbourne pizzahut sux0rs.

But it's all redeemed by the melbourne ladies. Seemed they were up for anything and actually participate in conversation with strangers unlike these stuck up sydney gals round here Laughing (j/ks)

What goes-on on hachi tour, stays on hachi tour.

Cool

[Updated on: Tue, 14 December 2004 12:12]

ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Official 'Australia biggest AE86 Weekend' Summary thread, All the pics & weird storys! Tue, 14 December 2004 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahahahaha

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~jlfitz/mypic8.jpg

genkin pulling a lynndie! hahaha

http://fourstrings.fanspace.com/images/lynndie_england_a2.jpg
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: Official 'Australia biggest AE86 Weekend' Summary thread, All the pics & weird storys! Tue, 14 December 2004 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LOL!!

//

WHO WANTS VIDS?

Mr fools vid of us driving down:

CLICK ME

RIGHT CLICK!!!, Save Target As.

[Updated on: Tue, 14 December 2004 12:25]

AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Official 'Australia biggest AE86 Weekend' Summary thread, All the pics & weird storys! Tue, 14 December 2004 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bathurst-91 wrote on Tue, 14 December 2004 20:21

http://members.optushome.com.au/creed01/didlogosmall.jpg

Ok if everyone likes this then lets get them made up as stickers.

Smile

Looks good Andrew. I especially like the stockade emblem.
Matt-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

October 2003

Re: Official 'Australia biggest AE86 Weekend' Summary thread, All the pics & weird storys! Tue, 14 December 2004 13:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i want one of them stickers for my 1/3 sad panda Razz
Matt-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

October 2003

Re: Official 'Australia biggest AE86 Weekend' Summary thread, All the pics & weird storys! Tue, 14 December 2004 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86drift wrote on Tue, 14 December 2004 20:04

bwahahahaha, that pic of arch is golden

haha, at first im like, ow he is doing something to something, as in fixing a little part with a screw driver, look closley and im like "thats the way!"
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Official 'Australia biggest AE86 Weekend' Summary thread, All the pics & weird storys! Tue, 14 December 2004 14:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks like you guys had an awesome weekend away!

Next stop Brisbane All Toyota Day? Surprised
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Official 'Australia biggest AE86 Weekend' Summary thread, All the pics & weird storys! Tue, 14 December 2004 22:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bathurst-91 wrote on Tue, 14 December 2004 23:11

I know I said melbourne drivers are the worst, and melbourne weather is the worst, and melbourne pizzahut sux0rs.

But it's all redeemed by the melbourne ladies. Seemed they were up for anything and actually participate in conversation with strangers unlike these stuck up sydney gals round here Laughing (j/ks)

What goes-on on hachi tour, stays on hachi tour.

Cool

"What's a harbour??"

"What's a lake???!" Surprised
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: Official 'Australia biggest AE86 Weekend' Summary thread, All the pics & weird storys! Tue, 14 December 2004 23:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Des, that comeback was gold. haha

http://members.optushome.com.au/creed01/Picture(1).jpg
http://members.optushome.com.au/creed01/Picture(3).jpg
http://members.optushome.com.au/creed01/Picture(4).jpg
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Official 'Australia biggest AE86 Weekend' Summary thread, All the pics & weird storys! Tue, 14 December 2004 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vely nice Smile

bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: Official 'Australia biggest AE86 Weekend' Summary thread, All the pics & weird storys! Tue, 14 December 2004 23:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Des & Will

still waitin to see your pics!
genkin
Regular

January 2004
Re: Official 'Australia biggest AE86 Weekend' Summary thread, All the pics & weird storys! Tue, 14 December 2004 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
eek, that pic of me is so incriminating.
i mean, dayumn, what was i thinking!?

okay okay , i just got busted playing with dish :S

all u guys made the weekend great! lets do it again and i will bring my car.
Pages (3): [1  2  3  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Blacktown Drive-in event- Dukes of Hazard this Saturday
Next Topic:Toymods CCG Joint Meet, BBQ & Cruise - Sunday 11 sept ** Now with PICS of event ****
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 19:24:42 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0080690383911133 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.