Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Members Rides » josh's pink 86, bye bye n/a, hello smoke.....

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
mr2drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: mr2drift's 86 rebirth (now with tow car pics) Fri, 26 November 2004 05:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehehe the pink is VERY bright hahaha and at the moment only bay is complete, and its not bens car, its another very similar
  Send a private message to this user    
turbocaldina
Regular

July 2004
Re: mr2drift's 86 rebirth (now with tow car pics) Fri, 26 November 2004 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude that colour is so bright even at night will come see it soon
turbocaldina
Regular

July 2004
Re: mr2drift's 86 rebirth (now with tow car pics) Fri, 26 November 2004 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude that colour is so bright even at night will come see it soon
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: mr2drift's 86 rebirth (now with tow car pics) Sun, 28 November 2004 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
More pics
: http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/photopost/data/500/13664interior_009.jpg
: http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/photopost/data/500/13664interior_008.jpg
: http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/photopost/data/500/13664interior_007.jpg
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: mr2drift's 86 rebirth (now with tow car pics) Sun, 28 November 2004 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sweet merciful christ

i LOVE that colour
driftae86
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: mr2drift's 86 rebirth (now with tow car pics) Sun, 28 November 2004 13:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aaaarrrrrgggghhhhh....... my eyes!

very nice Razz
SLY16V
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: mr2drift's 86 rebirth (now with tow car pics) Mon, 29 November 2004 00:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wicked...
mr2drift- who sprayed it? and what brand paint are you using?

looks fucking schmick....

cheers mate
mr2drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: mr2drift's 86 rebirth (now with tow car pics) Thu, 02 December 2004 02:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the whole thing is concept paints 2 pac, 4 coats of colour, 2 clear. all sprayed in the very spot where all work so far has been done, in my shed , by me.

very time consuming, but the rewards are worth it i think, i can say i did it myself. Still, saying that, ive spent 5 months on it so far from initial pull down , and i work 45 - 50 hours a week at my normal , job so ive not done too bad. would not really do it again, it takes ages to do all the prep. this time frame includes all the custom flare work and prep of the rest of the body, as well as the roll cage ect. its finally getting somewhere, so im very happy indeed!
poombah
Regular

August 2002

Re: mr2drift's 86 rebirth (now with tow car pics) Thu, 02 December 2004 02:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
man those internal chassis/floorpan shots are soooo similar looking to '70 supra on the inside... if i didnt see the outside shot id swear that it WAS a '70 supra!
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: mr2drift's 86 rebirth (now with tow car pics) Thu, 02 December 2004 03:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That colour is phreakin' AWESOME!
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: mr2drift's 86 rebirth (now with tow car pics) Thu, 02 December 2004 03:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mr2drift wrote on Thu, 02 December 2004 13:34

the whole thing is concept paints 2 pac, 4 coats of colour, 2 clear. all sprayed in the very spot where all work so far has been done, in my shed , by me.

very time consuming, but the rewards are worth it i think, i can say i did it myself. Still, saying that, ive spent 5 months on it so far from initial pull down , and i work 45 - 50 hours a week at my normal , job so ive not done too bad. would not really do it again, it takes ages to do all the prep. this time frame includes all the custom flare work and prep of the rest of the body, as well as the roll cage ect. its finally getting somewhere, so im very happy indeed!

i can relate to this, its amazing how much you can appreciate sunlight and take time off away from work, especially when you need to spray stuff.

looks like a base metallic pink colour, the clear coat should really bring out the best in it.

simply awesome

go teh homo colours! Laughing Very Happy
GZE-STYLE
Regular

July 2002

Re: mr2drift's 86 rebirth (now with tow car pics) Thu, 02 December 2004 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
where do i get concept paint???
i wanna paint my ae82 the same colour...

cheers mate
slydar
Regular

December 2003
Re: mr2drift's 86 rebirth (now with tow car pics) Thu, 02 December 2004 21:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whats going on with the 2 pieces of tube running parallel to the chassis rails out the front near when the bumper brackets mount? quick release front bar?
mr2drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: mr2drift's 86 rebirth (now with tow car pics) Fri, 03 December 2004 00:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
slydar wrote on Fri, 03 December 2004 08:41

whats going on with the 2 pieces of tube running parallel to the chassis rails out the front near when the bumper brackets mount? quick release front bar?

Yep a system designed for easy mounting and removal, for on/off trailer a lot.
mr2drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: mr2drift's 86 rebirth (now with tow car pics) Fri, 03 December 2004 00:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GZE-STYLE wrote on Thu, 02 December 2004 22:07

where do i get concept paint???
i wanna paint my ae82 the same colour...

cheers mate

LOL good luck! its a colour we had made off a dodgy markets mobile phone cover we found and took it to the shop and said, match this! hahahahahahahaha

gotta say im SO happy with the results so far, is looking outta this world. will post more pics as i get the time to upload them
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: mr2drift's 86 rebirth (now with tow car pics) Sat, 04 December 2004 01:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the towing car looks very similar to a car that hpi used to have i think it was ben ellis that owned it.
mr2drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: mr2drift's 86 now pink..... Fri, 10 December 2004 01:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok heres a few more shots as it comes togeather, is looking really nice

http://img76.exs.cx/img76/1825/front0166lc.jpg

http://img76.exs.cx/img76/5085/colour0124ff.jpg

will obviously post more as they come....

[Updated on: Fri, 10 December 2004 01:52]

ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: mr2drift's 86 now pink Fri, 10 December 2004 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looks awesome dude Shocked
nice watanabe hose reel Wink
joyride
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

January 2003
Re: mr2drift's 86 now pink Fri, 10 December 2004 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i :heart: your car
J-AE86
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: mr2drift's 86 now pink Fri, 10 December 2004 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
damn god thats hot, so there are like 3 cars in drifting events not with the same kit, all different colour haha thats awesome, one is white, one is silver, now pink ! and ae86slaver has 2 tone purple/black
Matt-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

October 2003

Re: mr2drift's 86 now pink Fri, 10 December 2004 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That is bloody awsome! Shocked With the doors, fenders, wheels and lights on its coming together very nice. cant wait to see the end product, and vids of this puppy sliding Smile
mr2drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: mr2drift's 86 now pink Fri, 10 December 2004 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
as it comes togeather more and more im getting more and more impatient, so wanna just get out on the track in it and thrash the ring out of it! hahahahahaha
westlife
Regular

September 2003
Re: mr2drift's 86 now pink Fri, 10 December 2004 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks fcuking awesome man !

Love the rims Cool
monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: mr2drift's 86 now pink Fri, 10 December 2004 14:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gotta be proud of that finish. Love the rims too!
mr2drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: mr2drift's 86 now pink Fri, 10 December 2004 15:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh thanks guys theres been a lot of late nites and hard work so far, with plenty more to come i think. am completely re wiring the car and eliminating all non used looms and plugs, is an extremely time consuming task and you have to be really careful not to take out something you might later want!
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: mr2drift's 86 now pink Sat, 11 December 2004 16:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*Whispers* I dont think youve noticed, but your car is pink...

Looks awesome dude, although with everything being pink, whats your contrast colour going to be?
mr2drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: mr2drift's 86 now pink Sun, 12 December 2004 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
had to take this post, 86 hahahaha contrast colour will be touches of matt black and black on the inside, and outside i have a special colour for the bonnet, and any stickers will match that bonnet colour as well
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: mr2drift's 86 now pink Mon, 13 December 2004 06:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Man that is awesome...

Truly awesome colour... bold choice... im assuming your a guy...

Lovely

ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: mr2drift's 86 now pink Mon, 13 December 2004 15:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey look
its josh's twin brother in Japan

http://page10.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/m666 8697 Laughing
WantaTurbo
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: mr2drift's 86 rebirth (now with tow car pics) Mon, 13 December 2004 22:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86drift wrote on Fri, 26 November 2004 12:56

need for speed underground 2 eat your heart out!

damn, pearlescent pink!

Laughing i bet u just bought 5 truenos on nfsu2 and made them look different Razz
p.s The mustang GT is awesome!
slydar
Regular

December 2003
Re: mr2drift's 86 now pink Mon, 13 December 2004 23:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what radiator? looks like the golf one i am using, but maybe its a bit bigger.
mr2drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: mr2drift's 86 now pink Tue, 14 December 2004 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh its from a GTI golf, is twin core aluminium, fits perfectly
slydar
Regular

December 2003
Re: mr2drift's 86 now pink Tue, 14 December 2004 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cool. mine is just from a regular mk1. its twin pass aswell. pipe diam's are right. its a little narrower than stock but with the tanks on the side it fills the opening width ways, though its a little short on height. seems to work though.

you can get one without a filler too, thinking of running one of those with a remote filler and over flow as mine has no provision for over flow. its nice and neat without it though.

nice car btw. i remember a very old picture i downloaded once a long time ago of a kouki jap levin that was pink with white wheels. looked awesome, was more pastel though. its always been in tha back of my mind, but you beat me to it. ohwell.
mr2drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: mr2drift's 86 now pink Tue, 14 December 2004 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mine has the overflow hose in the blue golf cap! haha and if you look closely,you can see how much modification has been carried out to my rad support panel,its very differant to standard....
levin_boi
Regular

March 2004
Re: mr2drift's 86 now pink Tue, 14 December 2004 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wow i never knew 86's could look so good in girlie colours! Very Happy hey are those ken streeters new pumped guards? looks pimped. congrats. cant wait to see it finished.

sab
mr2drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: mr2drift's 86 now pink Wed, 15 December 2004 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahaha these are the steel originals ken moulded to get his pumped guards, mine are hand flared steel, all done in house, i did a deal with ken, he got to mould them, i got kit, looks phat huh? they are way harded to flare by hand than you would imagine......
levin_boi
Regular

March 2004
Re: mr2drift's 86 now pink Wed, 15 December 2004 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wow. u did a great job with them. i am just about to embark on this hand flaring journey. any tips? i figure. heat gun it all. pull put the lip and the over hang so its all nice and flat. and then cut away Very Happy
mr2drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: mr2drift's 86 now pink Wed, 15 December 2004 23:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
on the fronts, i didnt actually cut much metal at all, just the little tabs that the bolts normally go into fot the inner guard, the rest is folded back upon itself to add some strength. Very difficult, but all i used was a hammer and dolly set, bought from super cheap for $7.99 hahahahahahaha
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: mr2drift's 86 now pink Wed, 15 December 2004 23:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats bloody fantastic.. for a pink car..
mr2drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: mr2drift's 86 rebirth (now with tow car pics) Thu, 16 December 2004 00:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WantaTurbo wrote on Tue, 14 December 2004 09:38

ae86drift wrote on Fri, 26 November 2004 12:56

need for speed underground 2 eat your heart out!

damn, pearlescent pink!

Laughing i bet u just bought 5 truenos on nfsu2 and made them look different Razz
p.s The mustang GT is awesome!

hahahaha never played it, just really wanted the car to stand out hehehehe
mr2drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: mr2drift's 86 now pink Thu, 16 December 2004 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok here are a few more progress shots, sorry about the low quality of the pics......

http://img135.exs.cx/img135/787/front0194tj.jpg

[Updated on: Thu, 16 December 2004 22:04]

mr2drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: mr2drift's 86 now pink Thu, 16 December 2004 22:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tried to link up a few photos but the host site was playing up, sorry guys
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: mr2drift's 86 now pink Thu, 16 December 2004 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks great man! Can't wait to see it out on the track again.
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: mr2drift's 86 now pink Fri, 17 December 2004 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mr2drift wrote on Thu, 16 December 2004 10:13

on the fronts, i didnt actually cut much metal at all, just the little tabs that the bolts normally go into fot the inner guard, the rest is folded back upon itself to add some strength. Very difficult, but all i used was a hammer and dolly set, bought from super cheap for $7.99 hahahahahahaha

You obviously did this before spraying the car, but did the yellow paint chip off when u did it?

i just dont wanna lose all my paint lol, i know u can heat it up with a heat gun and all..
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: mr2drift's 86 now pink Fri, 17 December 2004 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
arch, flaring will DEF flake paint
mr2drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: mr2drift's 86 now pink Fri, 17 December 2004 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heating it up may work for lipping guards, but you definately have no chance when flaring to this extent. it basically destroys factory paint, you have to hit it very hard with the hammer and dolly, and many many many times, basically it destroys the factory paint. heating it just WILL NOT WORK
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: mr2drift's 86 now pink Sat, 18 December 2004 03:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
more pics josh

and engine pics Wink
mr2drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: mr2drift's 86 now pink Sat, 18 December 2004 05:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Embarassed sadly the engine is still not complete, and im sorta thinking i may end up missing out on the january round of nats because of it. not very happy at all. the guys had it since july and its still in many pieces when i saw it on thursday not happy at all. still, i can only hope its worth the wait, nd in the meantime im in the middle of hiding all the wiring fromn the front and moving all the fuse boxes ect out of the engine bay. should be very bare when its done, but man, it takes a lot of patience to get it done..........
mr2drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: mr2drift's 86 now pink Sat, 18 December 2004 05:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://img159.exs.cx/img159/8274/interior0129li.th.jpg

http://img159.exs.cx/img159/1248/front0175xf.th.jpg

cant get the pics to upload at full size so heres some smaller ones
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: mr2drift's 86 now pink Sat, 18 December 2004 06:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if i still lived in bris id offer my help!

i love working on cars, mine or otherwise.

(and i could drool on your paint up close)
toyoda
Regular

November 2003
Re: mr2drift's 86 now pink Sat, 18 December 2004 06:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sooo hot Very Happy, luv it really nice color gonna be spanking when it is all complete cant wait to see it done
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: mr2drift's 86 now pink Sat, 18 December 2004 07:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
should tint the windows with orange tint
would look like a tangerine drink! Wink
mr2drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: mr2drift's 86 now pink Sat, 18 December 2004 14:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
work update, just finished inn the shed, ALL the rewire work is complete, all that is left is the new managment when the motor goes in, and all fuseboxes and wires have been removed from the engine bay, so it looks so mad, also in place now are the dash, steering wheel, and drivers seat, so it really feels like a car again............
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: mr2drift's 86 now pink Sat, 18 December 2004 14:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WOW!I like them wheels, what are they?

And Dude, no more pics from your Nokia man! Laughing
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: mr2drift's 86 now pink Sun, 19 December 2004 00:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
picspicspicspicspics!

sound good

whered you stick the fuses?
mr2drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: mr2drift's 86 now pink Sun, 19 December 2004 00:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahahah really hard to explain the fuses, but basically stripped all the looms apart and moved thge fuse box inside under the dash. you'll just have to wait and see it when im down next garth
Matt-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

October 2003

Re: mr2drift's 86 now pink Sun, 19 December 2004 00:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its a Christmas Miricle ! Shocked
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: mr2drift's 86 now pink Sun, 19 December 2004 04:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FAAAAAARK..... This thing is coming along now. I can't believe how well the arches came out. Thanks for that btw Wink Very Happy

I hope this is gonna be at Adelaide as I'm hoping to be there myself!

Top work Josh. Very inspirational.
CRAB-86
Regular

September 2003
Re: mr2drift's 86 now pink Mon, 20 December 2004 01:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats awesome man, coming together beautifully!!
Hope you can make it down for the Nats, just watched that incar vid of you when you where down here last, how the hell do you make the ess's look so easy with a ge? Shocked
Cheers
Leighton
mr2drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: mr2drift's 86 now pink Mon, 20 December 2004 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
CRAB-86 wrote on Mon, 20 December 2004 12:31

Thats awesome man, coming together beautifully!!
Hope you can make it down for the Nats, just watched that incar vid of you when you where down here last, how the hell do you make the ess's look so easy with a ge? Shocked
Cheers
Leighton

two words man : entry speed
Pages (13): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Draven's JZA61 [some pics]
Next Topic:Craig's AE86 completed project: 56K or die slowly
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 08:22:22 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.036236047744751 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.