Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Thruan
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Sloppy MA61 'box Sun, 12 December 2004 03:58 Go to next message
hey ppl, i managed to find a ma61 in hastings point of all places. anyway, no real probs, the dash kept dropping out on rainy nights but big earth cable fixed that. also atm the starter is not turning over when its cold. ok it goes click and then just hums. the bearings, contacts, solinoid and bushes are all good, so i was thinking it was not getting a good earth?? any idea's?? also the gearstick is very sloppy or loose, like a fwd with stuffed bushes. how can i fix it? besides buying a new box?? one last thing, wet rd, lsd, a few revs + slide + opp lock = loops. i cant get it not to, its getting really annoying!! is it me or the car? Thanks ppl

[Updated on: Sun, 12 December 2004 03:59]

Send a private message to this user    
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Sloppy MA61 'box Sun, 12 December 2004 04:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
remove the gear stick, and check the bushes on the bottom of the stick - there are 2 of them. if they missing or badly worn, it's worthwhile changing them (part numbers end of stick: Green Bush = PN# 33505-35020 $?? White Bush = PN# 33548-31010 $8)

also, if it's changing badly as well as being sloppy, a change of gbox oil makes an amazing difference
Thruan
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: Sloppy MA61 'box Sun, 12 December 2004 04:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok and where do i get them?
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Sloppy MA61 'box Sun, 12 December 2004 04:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a nissan dealer Rolling Eyes
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Sloppy MA61 'box Sun, 12 December 2004 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The part numbers he listed are Toyota part number, take a guess where you pick up genuine Toyota parts.

The ma61 is very tail happy, good tyres and knowing how to drive the car properly are all that prevent this from occuring.

Sounds like the starter motor is sticking closed
Give it some crc/lube and it should be better.

Also the shifter might not improve with the new parts.
The bit that the white bush goes into is sometimes worn past repair.
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Sloppy MA61 'box Sun, 12 December 2004 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Sun, 12 December 2004 19:19

The ma61 is very tail happy, good tyres and knowing how to drive the car properly are all that prevent this from occuring.

Werd.

New suspension also helps to correct this.
Celia-Sue
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Sloppy MA61 'box Mon, 13 December 2004 01:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
STR8 2.8 wrote on Sun, 12 December 2004 15:26

a nissan dealer Rolling Eyes

ROTFLMAO!
Laughing Laughing Laughing
Laughing Laughing Laughing
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Sloppy MA61 'box Mon, 13 December 2004 03:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thruan wrote on Sun, 12 December 2004 13:58

<snip>one last thing, wet rd, lsd, a few revs + slide + opp lock = loops. i cant get it not to, its getting really annoying!! is it me or the car? Thanks ppl

eerrr.. i think this is a featue of the car?

with suitable application of power, the arse end will go sideways when road is wet and tyres are bald+old+hard...

seriously: mine did similar thing (wheel spin at any kind of hill start in the rain - particularly in peak-hour traffic) so i replaced the old tyres with proper new ones (yokahama 509s). no embarrasing over-cooked slides in suburban traffic unless i try a much harder - as the tyres have uber grip.
Thruan
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: Sloppy MA61 'box Wed, 15 December 2004 00:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok guys. i pulled the g/stick out, and i couldnt find any bushes. well flat round things that i kno as bushes.. but there was a plastic or something, thing around the 'ball' at the end.. is that what use are talking about?? anyway it was annilated.

oh yeah thechuckster im talking about slideing the car and it looping or spinning around and messing up the slide... not not being able to slide it... i used to be able to slide my 84 celica with its openwheeler diff just fine. it wouldnt hold the slide by its self but i could force it to... i think i just need practice... any nice dirt roads around the outer burbs in syd??

one last thing, how do u know if the lsd is on its way out, cause i treid to flick it 180 from a stop and it left one biig black mark (inside wheel) and was only just spinnin the other. if ya couldnt tell i have no exp with lsd's

thanks ppl

P.S. and everyone knows nissan part no.'s from toy's dont they??? Cool

[Updated on: Wed, 15 December 2004 00:18]

CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Sloppy MA61 'box Wed, 15 December 2004 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thruan wrote on Wed, 15 December 2004 08:15

ok guys. i pulled the g/stick out, and i couldnt find any bushes. well flat round things that i kno as bushes.. but there was a plastic or something, thing around the 'ball' at the end.. is that what use are talking about?? anyway it was annilated.

Yes, that plastic thingo on the ball is one of the bushes.

The other one is in the top of the shifter housing, about 40mm wide, circle, with a hole in it.

Replace both and your shifter *should* be toight
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Sloppy MA61 'box Wed, 15 December 2004 01:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
most lsd's will paint one line blacker than the other.. unless your lsd is brand new and tight, when doing a 180 ht einside will always be a lot blacker (due to weight transference).

And practicing on public roads is bad mmkay, but I've heard the north-west business park near baulkham hills is commony used for this sort of activity.;
I also heard a certain ma61 supra also lost it around a corner there and took out a fence. Fortunately, the person involved was a lot smarter than the security guard who turned up at the scene, and left without incident.
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Sloppy MA61 'box Wed, 15 December 2004 07:00 Go to previous message
draven wrote on Wed, 15 December 2004 12:44

most lsd's will paint one line blacker than the other.. unless your lsd is brand new and tight, when doing a 180 ht einside will always be a lot blacker (due to weight transference).

And practicing on public roads is bad mmkay, but I've heard the north-west business park near baulkham hills is commony used for this sort of activity.;
I also heard a certain ma61 supra also lost it around a corner there and took out a fence. Fortunately, the person involved was a lot smarter than the security guard who turned up at the scene, and left without incident.

Greg + MA61 = danger to inanimate objects.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:to rodney try (sorry if spelt wrong). or anyones else with the knowledge
Next Topic:smallport and bigport cams
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 14 01:35:54 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0048270225524902 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.