Toymods » General Car Talk » Victorian "Undue noise" penalties

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Skaney
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Victorian "Undue noise" penalties Mon, 13 December 2004 10:35 Go to next message
Whats the penalties in Vic for Undue Noise?
How much is the fine for and more importantly how many demerit points lost?

..Just had a run in with a bored highway patrol cop with a dislike for South Australians on my way back from Melbourne

Sean
  Send a private message to this user    
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Victorian "Undue noise" penalties Mon, 13 December 2004 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its 2 points in QLD Confused
Skaney
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Victorian "Undue noise" penalties Wed, 15 December 2004 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bump.. somebody must know?
Rallystanza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Victorian "Undue noise" penalties Wed, 15 December 2004 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Be more specific with what you have done. You can get reported to the EPA for your car being too noisy and they make you get it tested and make any mods to comply with the noise regs for the state.

Need to Know more??

Jezza Confused
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Victorian "Undue noise" penalties Wed, 15 December 2004 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
2 points is pretty farked.... ask in the vic section if u havent already sean
bmak
Regular

May 2002

Re: Victorian "Undue noise" penalties Wed, 15 December 2004 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You need to be more specific but if it was for wheelspin or similar then 1 month loss of licence is not uncommon.
Most seem to get a few hundred $ fine & 3 points.
Ive had both for that offence
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Victorian "Undue noise" penalties Wed, 15 December 2004 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arch wrote on Wed, 15 December 2004 19:34

2 points is pretty farked.... ask in the vic section if u havent already sean

Don't do THAT! You want the vic section shut down do ya Arch?
Skaney
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Victorian "Undue noise" penalties Wed, 15 December 2004 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arch: State sections are for cruises and events only! remember.. Smile

Well according to the cop I "Accelerated heavily with excessive revs and caused the tail of the car to come out"

I said it was accidental (wet road) and said if it was on purpose, there would of been smoke. He said if there was smoke it would of been "Driving without due care" instead..

I've had a warning for the same offence in SA, its a pretty common sort of fine here, I assumed it was a similar thing in VIC?
I think in SA its a small fine $100something and maybe a couple of points?

Help anyone out?
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Victorian "Undue noise" penalties Wed, 15 December 2004 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oops Rolling Eyes i forgot about that lol, sorry

once i slid my car in the wet infront of a cop on a right hand turn, they chased me down and gave me 'not having proper control of vehicle' or something.

only $90 no points Very Happy

ive had that one twice, but the other time i got done for illegal u-turn aswell, so the fine was pretty hefty, but still only the $90 for losing control.

[Updated on: Wed, 15 December 2004 12:00]

ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Victorian "Undue noise" penalties Fri, 17 December 2004 05:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fuck these laws are bullshit...
Fattony
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Victorian "Undue noise" penalties Fri, 17 December 2004 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Your just lucky he didnt get you for driving without undue care as that is a 165 dollar fine (i think) and 1 point. I may be wrong on this though. From your description it sounds like you have been done for excessive noise emmisions. What happens down here is that you get a letter from the epa stating that it is belived that your exhast noise level exceeds the level specified for your car and therefore you will have to take it to an approved tester (normally and exhaust place) to have your car tested to see if it clears the noise test, you also have a certian amount of time in which to do this. If your car fails and you do not want to have it fixed, your car is then defective. Other cases sometimes result in you having to go to the epa station, they have a few in victoria to have your car checked over for any epa defects. They make an appointment for you to do this in and it is stated in the letter.

Cheers Adam
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Victorian "Undue noise" penalties Sun, 19 December 2004 14:25 Go to previous message
lol i sat on the break for 2 minutes and the cop saw me and i just said hmm sorry guys and pretended like i really cared and understood him and he gave me $80 no points, but he said he could only tell where we were from the large amount of smoke that had covered the main bridge in hobart!!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Oran to close due to political back scratching
Next Topic:Anyone got the M3 vs Evo vid?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 8 18:35:12 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0039541721343994 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.