Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Ae92rolla
Occasional Poster

December 2004
AE engine mounts Tue, 14 December 2004 05:36 Go to next message
are all ae 92 101 and 111 engine mounts the same? what about driveshaft splines?

ive gta a ae92..

Cheers Smile
  Send a private message to this user    
Mr Revhead
Regular

October 2004
Re: AE engine mounts Tue, 14 December 2004 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no they are not...

all "c" gearboxs have the same splines, only complication is when theres an lsd involved, but they are pretty rare

[Updated on: Tue, 14 December 2004 08:16]

Ae92rolla
Occasional Poster

December 2004
Re: AE engine mounts Wed, 15 December 2004 05:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh umm ok so ae92 101 111 are all difrent? or are 1 or the other the same?

"c" gearboxes? what r they in? sorry dnt no much bot those kinda things

lsds have diffent splines?
Mr Revhead
Regular

October 2004
Re: AE engine mounts Wed, 15 December 2004 20:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes they are all different, what are you doing?
if yoru doing a comversion use the ones that suit the CHASSIS you are using.

C series are in all fwd corollas except supercharged ones, and maybe diesels
Ae92rolla
Occasional Poster

December 2004
Re: AE engine mounts Sat, 18 December 2004 04:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im doing a 4AF 2 gtz conversion....my box wont fit a gtz will it?
Mr Revhead
Regular

October 2004
Re: AE engine mounts Sun, 19 December 2004 20:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
itll bolt on, but itll fly apart!!
you need to get an e series box from a gtz levin/trueno you will also need the drive shafts
Ae92rolla
Occasional Poster

December 2004
Re: AE engine mounts Tue, 21 December 2004 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm yea true i was kinda finking it would do that :S since it being in not 2 gd condition now (2nd & 3rd syncros) as they do! ok thats cool so if i get the gtz gbox and drive shafts change my cv's ill b goood 2 go?

im just trying 2 sort things out b4 i start ripping things apart cheers 4 ur help so far Smile
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AE engine mounts Tue, 21 December 2004 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Should be able to score a box without too much trouble, driveshafts generally only come with ½cuts though, overwise they're lovingly removed with the gas axe...
Ae92rolla
Occasional Poster

December 2004
Re: AE engine mounts Wed, 22 December 2004 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah id just get my hands on a front cut or a entire car i know of a trueno ae92 with rooted big ends selling 4 $700 id recon the motor so thats no bigge 2 bad i got sum things 2 pay b4 i get in2 this project!

ne other info u cld lend me on what would make thigs easier...advice cheers Smile
Ae92rolla
Occasional Poster

December 2004
Re: AE engine mounts Wed, 22 December 2004 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah id just get my hands on a front cut or a entire car i know of a trueno ae92 with rooted big ends selling 4 $700 id recon the motor so thats no bigge 2 bad i got sum things 2 pay b4 i get in2 this project!

ne other info u cld lend me on what would make thigs easier...advice cheers Smile
mikey93
Regular

December 2004
Re: AE engine mounts Wed, 22 December 2004 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you can use an E series gearbox in your AE92.

Im using an AE101 E58-11C lsd using my stock 4A engine mounts.
All i've done is swapped them over. no dramas or hassles.

Others say use the AE92GTZ x-member to be able to bolt the gearbox.
Ae92rolla
Occasional Poster

December 2004
Re: AE engine mounts Wed, 22 December 2004 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"e" series are the NA 4age 20v silvertop gearboxes arnt they? u fnk i cld run my gbox i got now just swap the bellhousings...?
mikey93
Regular

December 2004
Re: AE engine mounts Wed, 22 December 2004 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nope

20v's use
C series gearboxs.

C52/5/6 then the 6 speed.

you could use your stock gearbox now if you didnt want any hassles with fitting.. but its about the power and how long it will last/handle.

i know people who run the standard 4A gearboxes in there 4AGZES. so its not too bad!
Ae92rolla
Occasional Poster

December 2004
Re: AE engine mounts Thu, 23 December 2004 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i fnk that would make things easier 2 use my standard box but just b nice 2 it when its going...open dif cld b a pain u know what a lsd kit would b worth? or wouldnt it b worth messing around with..

cheers Smile
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: AE engine mounts Thu, 23 December 2004 15:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you plan to install an LSD into an open diff, you cannot use a factory LSD item without causing headaches for yourself. The standard viscous LSD's use splines on the end of the driveshaft to power their effect, so you'd need to find suitable driveshafts along with the LSD centre.

Your best option, I believe is to install an aftermarket plate or clutch LSD unit that can utilise your standard driveshafts, in either a C series or the stronger E series gearboxes. That, or pay the money for an E58 with factory LSD and matching driveshafts.
Mr Revhead
Regular

October 2004
Re: AE engine mounts Thu, 23 December 2004 21:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
your looking at around $1100nz for a TRD lsd to fit a c series, far better off to get a gtz lsd box in the first place
Ae92rolla
Occasional Poster

December 2004
Re: AE engine mounts Sat, 25 December 2004 20:13 Go to previous message
ahh true well i suppose it would b best 2 do it properly from the start and get the gtz lsd and change the cv's etc
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4age swap into te27, help
Next Topic:what parts needed for ae86 4ac to 4AGE swap?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 11 22:25:01 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0060610771179199 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.