Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 2j ct12b's onto ct12a set up? edit not practical-thanks.....

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
manmx83
Regular

July 2004
2j ct12b's onto ct12a set up? edit not practical-thanks..... Wed, 15 December 2004 17:29 Go to next message
Have an opportunity to buy a set of steel wheeled ct12b {NOT ct 20's } turbos and thought I could adapt them to a 1j I have which needs turbos.I am capable of making/adapting stuff but would like to know if there is any compatibility with the 1j/2j turbo flange size/shape/bolt pattern etc?
I realise the 2j set up is progressive or whatever but will the ct12b's bolt up to the 1j exhaust manifolds?
Any accurate info appreciated.Cheers.Pete. Smile
[the turbos are the right price] Very Happy Smile

[Updated on: Thu, 16 December 2004 15:28]

Send a private message to this user    
Stenno
Regular

March 2003

Re: 2j ct12b's onto ct12a set up?????? need advice please Wed, 15 December 2004 23:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JDM JZA80 turbos are CT20's, not CT12B's like the Export JZA80's. A better explanation is here > http://www.turbosupras.com/pages/technical/CT20%20 turbochargers.htm

They will not bolt up to a 1J manifold - the inlet flanges are bigger and the bolt spacing is different.

draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 2j ct12b's onto ct12a set up?????? need advice please Wed, 15 December 2004 23:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
general consensus is that it's not worth the money to adapt them... but if you can do all the fabbing work yourself it might be worthwhile making up an adaptor plate
manmx83
Regular

July 2004
Re: 2j ct12b's onto ct12a set up?????? need advice please Thu, 16 December 2004 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
These ARE ct12b's from an export jza80 so is the info posted relative to ct12b's? Can ct12b's be made to fit a 1j exhaust manifold? They are steel wheel and I have read they flow 20% more
than an "a" this combined with being able to run the boost higher should make 250 rwkw easy.
Have you heard of these being fitted to a 1j? I have read they are rare here in oz? Cheers.Pete.

[Updated on: Thu, 16 December 2004 01:09]

Stenno
Regular

March 2003

Re: 2j ct12b's onto ct12a set up?????? need advice please Thu, 16 December 2004 02:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
manmx83 wrote on Thu, 16 December 2004 11:30

These ARE ct12b's from an export jza80 so is the info posted relative to ct12b's? Can ct12b's be made to fit a 1j exhaust manifold? They are steel wheel and I have read they flow 20% more
than an "a" this combined with being able to run the boost higher should make 250 rwkw easy.
Have you heard of these being fitted to a 1j? I have read they are rare here in oz? Cheers.Pete.

My appologies. Yes they can be installed, you will need an adaptor plate for each turbo. If you can do these yourself go for it, however I'd be converting the rear turbo housings bypass valve into a wastegate and running them in parallel mode rather than trying to get the sequential operation working (you'd need an ECU to control all the solenoids).

As for flow rates, they do run a slightly larger exhaust housing, and the wheels are smaller. As for it being 20%, it probably sounds about right.

I wouldn't say they're rare, most ppl don't bother with them and just go straight for a single turbo.
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 2j ct12b's onto ct12a set up?????? need advice please Thu, 16 December 2004 03:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wasn't there a fella on supraforums who made around 300rwkw with US spec turbos? I thought I read that over there one time.
manmx83
Regular

July 2004
Re: 2j ct12b's onto ct12a set up?????? need advice please Thu, 16 December 2004 15:25 Go to previous message
Thanks for your valued assistance guys.After consideration and searching the forum and checking pics etc I can only agree that it doesnt seem like a practical thing to do.Cheers.Pete.
[was quite excited for a while there,reinventing the wheel] Rolling Eyes
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:2T 2T-G 2T-GEU 3T 3T-GTEU and Hybrids
Next Topic:engine mounts
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 7 21:25:37 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0048360824584961 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.