Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
dcving
Regular

May 2002

my 1g powered ta23 Tue, 07 December 2004 04:22 Go to next message
Finally goy some photos of my car together now that its just about finished, let me know wat you guys think good or bad Smile thanks to nathan for putting the pics up for me, cheers mate Cool

so here are the links
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/riceburna73 /blucel3.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/riceburna73 /blucel4.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/riceburna73 /BrisbaneTrip9.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/riceburna73 /blucel2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/riceburna73 /blucel.jpg

[Updated on: Tue, 07 December 2004 04:33]

Send a private message to this user    
kursed
Occasional Poster

May 2004
Re: my 1g powered ta23 Tue, 07 December 2004 04:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/riceburna73 /blucel3.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/riceburna73 /blucel4.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/riceburna73 /BrisbaneTrip9.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/riceburna73 /blucel2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/riceburna73 /blucel.jpg
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: my 1g powered ta23 Tue, 07 December 2004 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and this was in your garage hardly getting driven??!!...shame on you Razz
dcving
Regular

May 2002

Re: my 1g powered ta23 Tue, 07 December 2004 04:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks for that kursed, im bloody hopeless with computers Smile
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: my 1g powered ta23 Tue, 07 December 2004 05:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahh bugger, cant for the life of me get the things up on screen...anyways beautiful ride steeve,I think thos rimms are the best front wheel offset rimms for the celica!!nothing suites them more,are they 17's? what did you do with the B45's Very Happy wana give em to me for helping with the pics? Very Happy

[Updated on: Tue, 07 December 2004 05:14]

1gt48u
Regular

April 2004
Re: my 1g powered ta23 Tue, 07 December 2004 05:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice ride steve Very Happy
going to tamworth next year/

cheers Very Happy
dcving
Regular

May 2002

Re: my 1g powered ta23 Tue, 07 December 2004 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks guys, the simmons were sold a couple of years ago actually,

and ya ill be at tammworth, cant wait Very Happy

troy the pics on your car came up good, especially after the brief fire trouble Razz
1gt48u
Regular

April 2004
Re: my 1g powered ta23 Tue, 07 December 2004 22:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dcving wrote on Tue, 07 December 2004 18:24

troy the pics on your car came up good, especially after the brief fire trouble Razz

cheers steve Very Happy I knew I should have packed marshmallows
for the trip to dubbo Rolling Eyes
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: my 1g powered ta23 Wed, 08 December 2004 02:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
man i love seeing all these tastefully modded celicas Very Happy

great work
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: my 1g powered ta23 Wed, 08 December 2004 04:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i know, how hot is it!!! no kitted up excel/lancer will ever have the same class!!
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: my 1g powered ta23 Wed, 08 December 2004 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FUCKEN SICK MAN!!!

hey nathan you mooley why am i hosting your pictures if you are hosting other peoples...

I am confused Confused
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: my 1g powered ta23 Wed, 08 December 2004 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shuttup quallo or i will cut you like a pig main!!!

the main reason is i am still a bit retarded when it comes to posting up picks, but get ridd of them if you dont have the room aight Very Happy

[Updated on: Wed, 08 December 2004 06:50]

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: my 1g powered ta23 Wed, 08 December 2004 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got plenty of space you mooley
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: my 1g powered ta23 Wed, 08 December 2004 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Listen I like Sylvester Stallone movies too little italian man Very Happy
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: my 1g powered ta23 Wed, 08 December 2004 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
But why dont you take your little italian ass into your IROC Z28 and drive on home Laughing

last eddie murphy hijack i swear Embarassed
bstjunkie
Regular

July 2004
Re: my 1g powered ta23 Fri, 10 December 2004 05:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shocked I just blew my load, thats Hot mate!!!!

And the magic price is???? Very Happy

[Updated on: Fri, 10 December 2004 05:30]

dcving
Regular

May 2002

Re: my 1g powered ta23 Fri, 10 December 2004 20:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry mate but its not for sale, Cool
bstjunkie
Regular

July 2004
Re: my 1g powered ta23 Fri, 10 December 2004 22:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dont blame ya Cool , whats been done to the engine???

[Updated on: Fri, 10 December 2004 22:53]

dcving
Regular

May 2002

Re: my 1g powered ta23 Mon, 13 December 2004 02:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
engines pretty much standard, running a microtech with bigger injectors, ford coil pack, hks turbo manifold, turbonetics turbo, custom intake plenum, ford throttle body, front mount intercooler, 3inch exhoust.

thats about it really, motors never bean cracked open, it might have too be soon though Rolling Eyes
1gt48u
Regular

April 2004
Re: my 1g powered ta23 Mon, 13 December 2004 05:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
steve,

when are you going to update your avatar? Rolling Eyes
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: my 1g powered ta23 Mon, 13 December 2004 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dcving wrote on Mon, 13 December 2004 13:36

engines pretty much standard, running a microtech with bigger injectors, ford coil pack, hks turbo manifold, turbonetics turbo, custom intake plenum, ford throttle body, front mount intercooler, 3inch exhoust.

thats about it really, motors never bean cracked open, it might have too be soon though Rolling Eyes

How is that nearly standard? Confused That is as much as you can do really besides internals which usually aren't required anyway.

Not knocking you, the car is awesome and I would say "highly modded" Razz
bstjunkie
Regular

July 2004
Re: my 1g powered ta23 Tue, 14 December 2004 04:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
has it been quarter miled or dynoed, if yes wat are the result?? and at what psi??
dcving
Regular

May 2002

Re: my 1g powered ta23 Tue, 14 December 2004 21:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have run it once down at wsid and only managed a 13.4 108mph that was my fist time ever down there but hopefully ill be back down there shortly after xmas too improve on the time a fair bit.

had it dynoed just before toyota nationals and got 208kw no about 17psi boost, have fixed a few problems since then and its going for another tune on monday, not necicarily for more power just drivability, but if they do get more power out of it i wont complain Smile
YOGI8U
Regular

May 2002

Re: my 1g powered ta23 Thu, 16 December 2004 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude!....its been ages Sad Sad
Maybe with the new paint you will be able to take out the "best 4 or rotor" again at small car Sunday Very Happy

Its looking good dude
dcving
Regular

May 2002

Re: my 1g powered ta23 Fri, 17 December 2004 04:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ya it has been ages yogi, we will have too catch up some time, unfortunatly cant make summernats next year, had a ball last time so hopefully the next one i should be there Smile

im never going too live that damn trophy down am i Very Happy
dcving
Regular

May 2002

Re: my 1g powered ta23 Mon, 20 December 2004 22:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well its been an eventful week, had a photo shoot for fast fours mag on thursday which was an experiance, a thanks goes too toy77 for helping me out all day didnt realise there was that much involved in a feature car shoot, it took about 8 hours.

then yesterday had my car on the dyno to try and sort some bugs out and popped the engine, so sometime after xmas i will have to do a heart replacement on the old girl, was just starting too make some good progress with the power curves too, but we will see what we can do with a healthy engine Cool
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: my 1g powered ta23 Mon, 20 December 2004 23:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you poped the engine!!!noooooooooo
what a shame,
I cant wait to see the feature article,its about time there was a nice celica in the mag,its been a while..
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: my 1g powered ta23 Wed, 22 December 2004 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That really sucks Steve. I know the feeling though mines in the garage waiting for a bottom end rebuild.

I was really looking forward to seeing you and your car at the next dyno day as wel. Crying or Very Sad
jeffro RA28
Regular

August 2004
Re: my 1g powered ta23 Wed, 22 December 2004 07:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice car!

"OFF TOPIC" Wat u guys doing in Tamworth? if u dont mind me asking. thats my home town..... country music or somthing?
car show?

[Updated on: Wed, 22 December 2004 07:40]

dcving
Regular

May 2002

Re: my 1g powered ta23 Wed, 22 December 2004 22:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
go to www.toyota-nationals.org.au and their youll find out all about it Very Happy
evilldave
Newcomer

November 2004
Re: my 1g powered ta23 Mon, 10 January 2005 17:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
About time you got something for your work . Good stuff getting your car in the mag .Not good about your engine troubles . Smile
dcving
Regular

May 2002

Re: my 1g powered ta23 Fri, 14 January 2005 23:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanx mate, car will be back on the road in about 2 weeks, with a new motor, it wont be in the mag till towards the middle of the year im guessing Smile
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: my 1g powered ta23 Sun, 16 January 2005 04:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very nice Steve, hope you enjoy the new heart?!
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: my 1g powered ta23 Wed, 19 January 2005 02:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Congrats on the photoshoot Steve, let us know when the mag comes out.
dcving
Regular

May 2002

Re: my 1g powered ta23 Sun, 23 January 2005 03:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pick up engine tomorrow thanks clint Smile

ill let you know when mag comes out wont be for a few months yet though im guessing
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: my 1g powered ta23 Sun, 23 January 2005 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can i ask what happend to the motor?
dcving
Regular

May 2002

Re: my 1g powered ta23 Tue, 25 January 2005 02:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
head gasket was the reason when you take #6 spark plug out and have coolant shooting out into the sky isnt really a good thing.
the motor was getting tired anyway breathing really heavy blowing smoke ect, the motor has been in my car for the about 6 years now too though. Crying or Very Sad
just a far cheaper option to get a good 2nd hand motor rather than spending thousands on a tuff rebuild, it would be nice though Razz
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: my 1g powered ta23 Tue, 25 January 2005 02:31 Go to previous message
Rebuild the worn out motor if the internals are good... do it slowly so one day you can throw it in and that would be cool!!

Don't doubt the power of a 1G Wink
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:1989 Celica ST162 White-Lightning (24/1/2005)
Next Topic:my sw20 mr2
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 4 21:50:34 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.011126041412354 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.