Toymods » General Car Talk » thinking about an sw20 - need owners opinions

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
thinking about an sw20 - need owners opinions Thu, 16 December 2004 07:57 Go to next message
hi all,
now that the sw20 turbos are coming in under the 15yo rule now, im thinking about buying. i was just wondering about the practicality.

i already know that they are only 2 seaters, and that they have little storage room, but are they really ridiculously unpractical? could i get a suitcase into one? is is really that much fo an arse only being abel to carry one passenger?
thanks
Will
  Send a private message to this user    
Nightingale
Newcomer

November 2004
Re: thinking about an sw20 - need owners opinions Thu, 16 December 2004 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heh, I got mine as a company car for travel to and from work, and I find it suits me enough. Good enough for me and my gf. I don't carry much luggage but its enough to do the shopping rounds.

Boot will fit a small suitcase easily.

The only problem I have is ocasionally you'll meet up with friends and you can't use your car to drive groups of ppl around.

I have 3 other cars, all family sized ones and I have not really seen any time where I had to use them and not be able to use the SW20.
SoulSearcher
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: thinking about an sw20 - need owners opinions Sat, 01 January 2005 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi!

We have a "family car" and the MR2, our baby Smile

We've had it for a couple of years and have never had problems. We've travelled interstate, your luggage will fit if you have a carry bag, (not a suitcase) I shop fortnightly and I can fit the shopping in the boot (shopping for a family of four).

The only time we've been out and about and haven't had room in the car is when we bought side tables for the house, we went home and picked up the "family car".

You can fit an esky in the boot, you can fit a slab of beer in the front boot and there's even been a poll about Embarassed having sex in the two Embarassed

If it's *really* necessary, you can fit 3 people in the 2 but I wouldn't recommend it!

Lesley Smile
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: thinking about an sw20 - need owners opinions Sun, 02 January 2005 02:21 Go to previous message
Love it!

It's certainly a car for 2 only though...

I use mine as the daily to and from work, so 2 seats is plenty. It's reliable, easy to drive and pretty quick off the line.

Where it comes into it's own is windy roads, you'll feel like there is train tracks laid out in front of the car, leaves V8 SS Commy's for dead(in my experience anyway and I've only got an N/A).

The Turbo version would be awesome, but that's a while away for me yet, doooooo it!!!! You wont regret it!

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:WOW! check out what car i saw today!! (56K beware)
Next Topic:Kristians JZA70 is back on eBay again ?????
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 19 06:17:06 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0066640377044678 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.