Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » info on how much Internet i use?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
icon5.gif  info on how much Internet i use? Fri, 17 December 2004 05:19 Go to next message
hi just was looking at getting optusnet broadband because it free installation and a all reedy have optus phone on and just wanted 2 no if i can check how much MB i use at the moment
as I'm am looking at a 400MB a month. i just kick around the forums and stuff and if i use all 400MB it will just go 2 28.8kbps modem is that the same a dial-up?
or should i just pay $10 extra a month 4 1GB
  Send a private message to this user    
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: info on how much Internet i use? Fri, 17 December 2004 06:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why not just pay $50 a month and get 1.5MB adsl and 20gb a month limit with TPG
toyoda
Regular

November 2003
Re: info on how much Internet i use? Fri, 17 December 2004 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ADSL sux balls..

go with optus and get 1 gig, if u are jst cruisin the net all the time..

but if u are addicted downloader get telstra if u can.. unlimited ( capped at 12gig ) then u get reduced speed
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: info on how much Internet i use? Fri, 17 December 2004 06:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yea cable is good, but even with 12gig most ppl i know use that up in like 2-3days and are stuck on 28.8k for the rest of the month Confused

most adsl isp's should have that free peer to peer service Surprised
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: info on how much Internet i use? Fri, 17 December 2004 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i've got optus ADSL for $55/month with 12gb download limits and is 512Mbps or so, if i exceed (havent done it yet) it goes down to a 28.8kb modem speed...

Normal dial up is 56kbps Rolling Eyes
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: info on how much Internet i use? Fri, 17 December 2004 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://bc.whirlpool.net.au/
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: info on how much Internet i use? Fri, 17 December 2004 22:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have exetel 512kb/s $35 a month for 1gb and $3 for each additional gig. Now have a 1512kb/s deal for like 30 bucks but don't have that although I would like it
hokey
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: info on how much Internet i use? Fri, 17 December 2004 22:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mate don't bother with 400mb per month shit we had it for about four days wit the same deal u had and just from surfin the net it was gone. we are on a one gig limit now and still run out at about the 25/26th but ther is 4 internet users in our house. if it just u surfin the net then 400 would b okay but wit no downloads
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: info on how much Internet i use? Sat, 18 December 2004 04:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks people 1 singed up 4 1gig 4 now and we can move up if we want 2 thanks 4 your help (input)
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: info on how much Internet i use? Sun, 19 December 2004 16:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
puzzle man wrote on Sat, 18 December 2004 15:12

thanks people 1 singed up 4 1gig 4 now and we can move up if we want 2 thanks 4 your help (input)

OK I'll be as helpful as I can.

400mb is more than enough for just surfing the web. It's hard to dl that much unless you're a net junkie when you're on dial-up. However once you get to broadband it's a lot easier (faster) to download stuff and you don't get interrupted by telephone calls disconnecting you.
This is when the problem starts. You think great, I can do whatever I want and you're on 24/7 and you download heaps faster. If you keep yourself busy that's fine but if you have free time you'll be thinking I wonder what stuff I can get from the net. Before you know it you'll be downloading music, videos, games and whatever you want to get your hands on.
You'll bust your limit and want an even bigger limit etc. and the problem grows.

BUT GOING BACK TO WHAT YOU ORIGINALLY WANTED, 400mb is more than enough for just surfing the web.
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: info on how much Internet i use? Mon, 20 December 2004 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks i got a good deal 1st month free and then i can c how much i use and change my plain up or down
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: info on how much Internet i use? Mon, 20 December 2004 05:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

You should be spending that time with the lovely Mrs PM and not on the net! Smile

nyuk nyuk nyuk

seeyuzz
river
mk1sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: info on how much Internet i use? Mon, 20 December 2004 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i find 400meg is nowhere near enough just for web browsing and some small file downloading. at least 3gig
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: info on how much Internet i use? Tue, 21 December 2004 07:42 Go to previous message
yeah thanks 4 that river, cassie say's 2 tell u my senitivity training is going well thanks.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Alpine iPod interface.
Next Topic:Motorbike fine
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 8 04:37:41 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0054121017456055 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.