Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
HSC yay I is happy Thu, 16 December 2004 19:51 Go to next message
I have been stessing for a couple of days now waitiing for my results, I need marks marks I tell you because i gained an accounting cadetship and need around 85 to get in, woke up this mornign check my results and yay man i was suprised
Business Studies 82
Chemistry 80
Economics 85
English (advanced)79
Maths (2unit) 86
  Send a private message to this user    
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: HSC yay I is happy Fri, 17 December 2004 00:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Congrats dude!

Good luck with the cadetship!
nick2b
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: HSC yay I is happy Fri, 17 December 2004 01:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
does that mean you got in?
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: HSC yay I is happy Fri, 17 December 2004 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nick2b wrote on Fri, 17 December 2004 12:01

does that mean you got in?

Obviously you rode the short bus to school. Rolling Eyes
peewee
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: HSC yay I is happy Fri, 17 December 2004 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
or maybe you did....... average of 82 isn't quite 85, so it all depends on how strict the accounting place is on the cut off.

that said congrats, today was my long awaited graduation day, so now i can look up above my monitor and say without doubt that i have been admitted to the degree of bachelor of economics.

now to go do some post-grad......... grrrrrrrr
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: HSC yay I is happy Fri, 17 December 2004 22:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
UAI is 86.5 yay
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: HSC yay I is happy Sun, 19 December 2004 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
young cynt

why u choose to do a cadetship ?? and where ? i may give u some pointers Shocked
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: HSC yay I is happy Sun, 19 December 2004 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you were both on the short bus - UAI has nothing to do with average marks.

my average mark was down around 82, my UAI was over 90.. all depends on the scaling
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: HSC yay I is happy Sun, 19 December 2004 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my cadetship is with a small to medium size firm called Liu Madden Located in hsc hous next to the QVB. I chose to do one as one it enables me to earn an income straight away, two gain the necessary experience for a prosperous career (as many jobs even for graduates want experience), three because it helps with uni as you apply theory, and also many of my brothers friends that did commerce did them and so I thought it would be a good way to go.
I was also offered a position at Prosperity advisers and turned it down as had already accepted this job which gave me half a day off a week not like prosperity and two days off before exams rather than only one.
UAI is determined by comparing all the ppl that did the same subjects as you and thus determining a rank, and also comparing groups of subjects against others, thus my uai is able to be higher than my highest mark, all the subjects I did bar business are high scaling and this also helps to bump up the mark. And if I had of done the hsc last year with my marks my uai would have been around 88-89. My year is the largest so far to go through thus uai are slightly lower comparitively to previous years as by probability their will be more smart ppl.
Thanks to all for their wishes.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: HSC yay I is happy Sun, 19 December 2004 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Err and by the way I have the cadetship but have no idea whether or not I got into uni as this is not known until the 19th of January when first rund offers are issued, using last years marks as I guide I should get in and it went up by 8 marks last year so it has kind of peaked I hope, and thus will prob either drop or rise slightly. Uni applications have droopped this year too only 57% of ppl doing the hsc have applied for uni, but considering 68K sat that is still around 40 thousand ppl.
Any way heres for hoping as I can't do the cadetship if I don't get into uni, there is a lower course I can do but it does not allow me to enter the institute of chartered accountants post grad, although first year topics are the same so I would need to transfer out to Bachelor of Business accounting if my marks were good enough after a year. The firm is a chartered accountants firm and thus would like me to do this as well.
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: HSC yay I is happy Sun, 19 December 2004 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
another accountant in the making .. Very Happy
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: HSC yay I is happy Sun, 19 December 2004 15:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's fucking gay.
I didn't even get average, I got well below.
I checked on SAM on boredofstudies and I was supposed to get 82 if I did it last year, 83 the year before and 87 in 2001.

I averaged 79 and got 78.85
My subjects are SDD, English Adv + Ext, Jap continuers + Extension, Economics
All of them scale up except for 2u English which is compulsory..
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: HSC yay I is happy Sun, 19 December 2004 22:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and I can claim my hecs back on tax cos my job is related to my studies lol

[Updated on: Sun, 19 December 2004 22:36]

mxchris69
Occasional Poster

Banned User

June 2004
Re: HSC yay I is happy Mon, 20 December 2004 01:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got 58 for standard english
63 for ipt
69 for general maths
64 for IT

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: HSC yay I is happy Mon, 20 December 2004 04:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Your marks are already scaled when you get the results, the uai is determined by comparing groups of subjects and all your subjects with the other ppl in the state that did them. Thus your average has relatively little to do with it. Also the state average for most subject is in the high 70 to low eighties, thus achieving these results in a subjects means your uai will be pretty much the same if not lower.
The uai is also influenced by the amount you beat the average mark, thus getting 80's and above average you are on the upper end of the bell curve and your uai like mine becomes higher then your highest mark.
My frined that went to a selective school got 93 in three subjects 85 in english advanced adn 89 in chem and got a uai of 97.4 because his mark is so far above the average in every subject.
mk1sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: HSC yay I is happy Mon, 20 December 2004 07:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yr12 finals is such a bludge and so overratted i dont understand why so many people stress out about it so much. it sorts of guides you a step into the future but its not all that and theres so much more in life.
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: HSC yay I is happy Mon, 20 December 2004 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I remember, writing 1 line in my commerce essay.

I got 30 and under in 98, Didnt really mean jack, im doing ok now Smile
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: HSC yay I is happy Mon, 20 December 2004 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yEp I kinda didn't study too much for the hsc, but still went well. I bludged out on the toymods site and played topshift too much but somehow even got a good result, I put plenty of effort in during school, and jus reading my stuff for a couple hours was enough to refresh it all. I have a very good memory and am very good at cramming for a few hours for tests
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: HSC yay I is happy Mon, 20 December 2004 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, well done man. I was the same, but back then, I had a piece of shit 486, with no net, so it was outside, play with the kids, cricket, soccer etc, or Study? Fark it, im goin outside lol!
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: HSC yay I is happy Mon, 20 December 2004 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
all that matters is that I'm now set as long as uni marks don't go up, good money good course and good future prospects, good money to burn on toyota's or whatever else chooses my fancy. I reckon the corona will go in about 6-12 months and make way for a newer more fuel efficient and oil efficient beast, shame that so few new toyota's are rwd. And I can't really afford insurance on those that are. I don't wanna get another old car too much maintanence, the corona is reliable but it kinda likes the taste of oil and 5l will porbably last about 20 weeks, not expensive just time consuming.
mk1sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: HSC yay I is happy Mon, 20 December 2004 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep key to success in yr12 was good short term memory, no other skills needed, questions are same every year. i walked into exam, wrote all my answers and walked out not even knowing what i wrote, end of the day i forgot what i wrote

no BS but i didnt even spend more then 5 hrs to study for my entire HSC exam, i remember one day straight after exam i caught a train from syd to newcastle to chill out with mates instead of getting ready for exam next day

remembered walked into business studies, put my name down, ticked off 40 multiple choice, and walked off. left 60% of the exam blank because i couldnt be bother writing them answers out

i ended up with 0-20 for business, 70-80 for contemporary english, physic, chemistry, maths and still got 91+ UAI.
Tommo
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: HSC yay I is happy Tue, 21 December 2004 00:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Sun, 19 December 2004 21:05

my cadetship is with a small to medium size firm called Liu Madden Located in hsc hous next to the QVB. I chose to do one as one it enables me to earn an income straight away, two gain the necessary experience for a prosperous career (as many jobs even for graduates want experience), three because it helps with uni as you apply theory, and also many of my brothers friends that did commerce did them and so I thought it would be a good way to go.
I was also offered a position at Prosperity advisers and turned it down as had already accepted this job which gave me half a day off a week not like prosperity and two days off before exams rather than only one.
UAI is determined by comparing all the ppl that did the same subjects as you and thus determining a rank, and also comparing groups of subjects against others, thus my uai is able to be higher than my highest mark, all the subjects I did bar business are high scaling and this also helps to bump up the mark. And if I had of done the hsc last year with my marks my uai would have been around 88-89. My year is the largest so far to go through thus uai are slightly lower comparitively to previous years as by probability their will be more smart ppl.
Thanks to all for their wishes.

the hsc is over and your still writing essays! Very Happy j/k
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: HSC yay I is happy Tue, 21 December 2004 02:11 Go to previous message
I would like to take this opportunity to inform the world that I came out of my post-grad course with a GPA of 3.825 - having accumulated 26 credit points worth of distinctions, and 6 credit points worth of credits.

I rock!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Domain names
Next Topic:harry potter fans rejoice, the ultimate collectable
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 04:10:40 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0065269470214844 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.