Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Ko Ko
Regular

May 2003
xmas presents for girls Thu, 16 December 2004 15:11 Go to next message
Hey all,
I need a christmas present for the misses soon. I am so unsure on what to get.
Some ideas would help get the ball rolling.
Thanks
  Send a private message to this user    
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: xmas presents for girls Thu, 16 December 2004 16:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a budget would help
what kinda person is she?
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: xmas presents for girls Thu, 16 December 2004 17:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
new vaccum or iron Cool
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: xmas presents for girls Thu, 16 December 2004 19:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: xmas presents for girls Thu, 16 December 2004 20:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I got mine an angle-grinder.

seeyuzz
river
The Count
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: xmas presents for girls Thu, 16 December 2004 21:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
river wrote on Fri, 17 December 2004 07:16

Hi,

I got mine an angle-grinder.

seeyuzz
river

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Ms_SILYCAR
Regular

I supported Toymods

January 2004

Re: xmas presents for girls Thu, 16 December 2004 22:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
come on... where's the budget to go with??...

umm... clothes... photos... car things (if she's a car chick!)
a romantic dinner and night away alwayz does the trick...
i dunno!!

-Stef
rob-ae86
Regular

November 2002
Re: xmas presents for girls Thu, 16 December 2004 23:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
clothes, handbag or shoes thats it

take her out shopping and see what she looks at

[Updated on: Thu, 16 December 2004 23:01]

SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: xmas presents for girls Thu, 16 December 2004 23:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got mine a few things this chrissy.

1. a foldup bike (so she doesn't drive 2 mins to work)
2. a new kettle (I don't drink hot drinks so its not for "both of us")
3. an icecream maker (mmmmmm mango sorbet!!)

Spent a fair bit of money though (both kitchen stuff are breville)
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: xmas presents for girls Thu, 16 December 2004 23:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was safe and went for shoes, clothes & a horse calendar Smile
The Count
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: xmas presents for girls Thu, 16 December 2004 23:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i baught my g/f a new mini...cooper
deltathing
Regular

June 2004
Re: xmas presents for girls Fri, 17 December 2004 01:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
try and remember what she was saying all those times when she was speaking and you werent really listening. there must be clues around.

you could draw her a picture

i got my gf a xylophone
1gt48u
Regular

April 2004
Re: xmas presents for girls Fri, 17 December 2004 01:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a book on how to appreciate males better Laughing
Bill Sherwood
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: xmas presents for girls Fri, 17 December 2004 01:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Old aviation adage.

Find a woman you don't like.
Buy her a house and cars.
Give them to her, with all your money, then just walk away.

Saves a lot of time & grief in the long run.
74gt
Regular

October 2004
Re: xmas presents for girls Fri, 17 December 2004 03:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A book is always a safe bet.
jaikat
Regular

June 2004
Re: xmas presents for girls Fri, 17 December 2004 04:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if your unsure of what type of object buy something that will relax her, a gift voucher for a full hour body massage, she'll be in heaven and more then likely be nice to you for hours after.
Ko Ko
Regular

May 2003
Re: xmas presents for girls Fri, 17 December 2004 15:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the tips guys,

LOL at the angle grinder,

I dont wanna buy car parts for her. i am definately buying her a nice dinner and all but just need a nice gift to go with it. I have got her a ring, bracelet, mini disc player, lots of clothes, ear rings, shoes, hand bags, and some other small things.

I just need something different. I was thinking clothes again but yeah she just bought some more. I have pretty much bought her mostly everything she has mentioned when going out which hence slows down the progress of my cars modification.

But yeah any more suggestions?

But what JAIKAT said I am going to buy her a manicure and pedicure and facial and massage at elle bache but I need something she can keep?

Just mention anything as i kinda have a big price range just depends if its worth it so just shoot guys.

Once again thanks for the suggestions!
sam_
Regular

December 2002

Re: xmas presents for girls Fri, 17 December 2004 15:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey I guess I'm a bit of a softie but I really like the present giving thing with girlfriends and just to my family or mates even. Finding the best present is really all about knowing a person and what they find important. And chicks drops heaps of HINTS (in caps because usually quite obvious Wink of what they would like off you on Christmas.

So what's your budget? I think the whole budget thing is a factor of:

Duration of Relationship * Income * x factor = money that should be spent on present. Though time is worth more then money.

Best present I ever bought a chick - been going out for over a year i think, so for like 3 months leading to christmas, any little thing she said she would like, like certain hairbrush, special chocolate, type of alcohol etc etc I just made mental note of and gave her a big cardboard box with 29 individually wrapped pressies with a little clue on each one she had to guess what was inside. Smile Spent $300, she liked it. Sounds like you done that already but!

This year I've only been with my new lady a month, we both agreed $20 only to be spent on Christmas. But for just over $20 I'm getting her:
-Glitter pens (40 pack!! she has glitter pen addiction)
-Crystal beads and magazine (she's heaps into making jewellery)
-Can of whipped cream (many reasons)
-Favourite chocolate
-Vodafone sim card so we can call eachother for free
-Card that she picked out as being funny when we were out shopping together for family christmas presents
+little gift bad and wrapping paper stuffs.

Plus need to find right hand front indicator off (rare) R30 nissan skyline gti. Or just find someone to buy the car! Wink

So I've almost stuck to the budget and hopefully still got her a little something that she will like / use / remind her of me Smile I'll shut up now! Good luck man! Enjoy it, if doesn't matter price at all excellent, try and find something special for her or if not just a few 'stocking fillers' that she likes Wink
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: xmas presents for girls Fri, 17 December 2004 20:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Ko Ko wrote on Sat, 18 December 2004 02:07

....but I need something she can keep?

Too easy! Give her the clap. She can keep that for a long time and always remember you for it. Smile

Or, you get her a nice big tattoo with something like "River's Bitch".... of course you need to replace "River" with your own name 'cos I got enough bitches in my life and ownership, especially on the younger models, isn't cheap.

And, as far as listening to her and picking up hints at what she wants - I'm not going to give her the divorce she always wanted.

However, I have found that the girls like the Loccitaine (or however it's spelt/pronounced) hand cream. It's not cheap, but the chicks I all know (wife, daughters, sisters... etc) all rave about it and seem to love getting a tube of this stuff for a gift. Also, they've got some really nice vanilla and lavender incense and other nice, chicky smelly stuff.

seeyuzz
river

Ko Ko
Regular

May 2003
Re: xmas presents for girls Sat, 18 December 2004 00:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey you all

RIVER you just made my day lolz. Funny post!

SAM thanks for the advice. Yeah you sound like you know women well. Yeah I have been dropped hints but I buy it for her sometime down the track and lately no hints and those hints she gives me she ends up buying it her self which kinda kills the idea. I think the vodaphone sim car thing for you miss' is a heaps good idea simple and worth wild so you can speak whenever.

Today Im going to head for Westfields in Bondi Junction and possibly city just to see what is available. Going to go with some of my chicky friends just to see what they have for their opinion as I guess girls know girls most hey?

I think I will buy her this towel and this puppu dog gift set thing as she likes puppy dogs, possibly buy something from polo ralph lauren as we were there all yesterday shopping. I guess mostly Ill get clothes but do you guys think a bangle or like a little chain for her ankle with my intials and a love heart and her intials for her?

Thanks for all the help.
Hopefully we dont all buy are gfs the same presents for christmas lolz

Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: xmas presents for girls Sat, 18 December 2004 00:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
get her a tub of lube and a baseball bat Laughing Razz
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: xmas presents for girls Sat, 18 December 2004 02:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a nice sweet wine should, like maybe some brownbrothers lexia or riesling (cold wines) Rolling Eyes if ur on a $13 budget
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: xmas presents for girls Sat, 18 December 2004 04:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
people

Ive got the best presents some slippers and a vibrator.

because if she dose not like the slippers she can go f#*k her self! Laughing

[Updated on: Sat, 18 December 2004 04:02]

Ms Puzzleman
Occasional Poster

July 2004
Re: xmas presents for girls Sat, 18 December 2004 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well we can all imagine what would happen to puzzle man if I get that this Christmas. Mad
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: xmas presents for girls Sat, 18 December 2004 06:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ms Puzzleman wrote on Sat, 18 December 2004 16:07

Well we can all imagine what would happen to puzzle man if I get that this Christmas. Mad

Ba Ha ha ha! Mr Puzzleman will be sleeping on the couch well into the new year, if he's ever allowed back into the house! Laughing Gold!

seriously, perfume and body lotion in matching fragrance to perfume always goes down well. Eg Chanel No5 fragarance with No5 body creme. It lasts for ages because women will only wear it on special occasions. I used to buy my girlfriend Chanel for christmas and diamonds for her birthday but since we've got married and have house+kid it's hard to justify expensive presents. So it's Burberry Brit for Christmas this year!

If you buy perfume check out http://www.strawberrynet.com for great specials and good deals on perfume and makeup. They are based in Hong Kong and are genuine. It even comes giftwrapped (to get around customs duty!).

PS If you don't already know know this site Ms Puzzleman I'm sure you'll like it.
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: xmas presents for girls Sat, 18 December 2004 07:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh what river said,
just go to l'occitane and buy anything that smells good. chicks seem to love it
Toymad
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: xmas presents for girls Sat, 18 December 2004 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Get her a JZA80, with a nice ambi-pur fragrance in it coz as has been said, nice smells are always good, and in her favourite colour of course! The perfect gift that keeps on giving! Very Happy (Budget may be worth consideration in this case!)
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: xmas presents for girls Sat, 18 December 2004 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ms Puzzleman wrote on Sat, 18 December 2004 16:37

http://www.indefinite.org/images/owned/owned_dog_assface.jpg
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: xmas presents for girls Sat, 18 December 2004 20:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Ms Puzzleman wrote on Sat, 18 December 2004 16:37

Indeed Mrs PM!

I'll be watching the Puzzleman closely at the Jan Toymods meeting and if he's unable to sit down I'm gonna have a laff. Laughing

seeyuzz
river
SetMeFree
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: xmas presents for girls Sun, 19 December 2004 03:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got mine a 12pak of connies, a hotel room at formula 1.... thats enough. its the thought that counts Smile
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: xmas presents for girls Sun, 19 December 2004 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
taking mine out to dinner, jewellery and some bear thing that i made up at this shop Embarassed
Ko Ko
Regular

May 2003
Re: xmas presents for girls Sun, 19 December 2004 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dimmy77_03 wrote on Sun, 19 December 2004 20:41

taking mine out to dinner, jewellery and some bear thing that i made up at this shop Embarassed

Where did u make the bear thing. U kinda live near me since i live in coogee and u potts point
Nolan
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: xmas presents for girls Sun, 19 December 2004 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ROMANTIC DINNER: Macca's
SOMETHING SHE CAN KEEP: A picture of ur car
SOMETHING XPENSIVE: a new turbo and front mount for ur car
SOMETHING SHE CAN USE: An apron and bottle of ajax

What woman wuddnt want that :P:P:P Very Happy

xcept Mrs Puzzleman Very Happy
Ms Puzzleman
Occasional Poster

July 2004
Re: xmas presents for girls Wed, 22 December 2004 01:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In response to that I'd say you'd be eating Macca's for the next ohh let's say year, you'd be sleeping in ur car for about that long or you'd be using that turbo to drive away quicker before you coped that picture over ur head. Shocked
Seriously I put alot of thought into my presents that I give so I only expect the same from the people closest to me. Smile
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: xmas presents for girls Wed, 22 December 2004 01:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ko Ko wrote on Sun, 19 December 2004 23:38

dimmy77_03 wrote on Sun, 19 December 2004 20:41

Where did u make the bear thing. U kinda live near me since i live in coogee and u potts point

it's on level 5 of westfield in bondi jct, near the food court there... I work at the D J's there so i just drop in on my lunch break and it's all done Razz

Pretty good place if your chicks into that sorta stuff Very Happy
mxchris69
Occasional Poster

Banned User

June 2004
Re: xmas presents for girls Wed, 22 December 2004 04:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
buy her wine or beer. it always works wen ur unsudre wat to get i buy my whole family alcohol
-gt-
Regular

I Supported Toymods

October 2004
Re: xmas presents for girls Wed, 22 December 2004 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lingerie. its obvious isnt it? and its almost as much for you as it is for her
tomartom
Regular

June 2004
Re: xmas presents for girls Wed, 22 December 2004 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If your on a budget I'm your man.
For $10 or so buy her a pair of Dunlop Volley shoes
If money is really tight then do what I did and take her out to dinner at a Hari Chrishna restaurant, for $2.00 you can get all you can eat.

Or if you want to get her a pet visit the animal shelter and get her a dog or cat(free), bringing out her nurturing and caring side.

Visit a cemetary and 'borrow' some flowers and give them to her as a momento of your undying love for her. (remember to remove condolence card)
regards tony
P.S I give advice on the premise that I have used these tips,failed but it was probably them not appreciating the thoughtfullness gone into making them happy.

Meat_rack
Regular

December 2004
Re: xmas presents for girls Thu, 23 December 2004 01:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey

i bought my female friend the full box set of the O.C coz she loves it,lately she has been angry for some reason so she aint getting it. she later found out wot i got for her and the amount i spent and she is trying to earn my respect again. but it aint gonna happen.

not the christmas anyway..
MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: xmas presents for girls Thu, 23 December 2004 02:43 Go to previous message
if she is a girly girl and like the pampering then i suggest a day spa you cant go wrong... go to http://www.madamekorner.com.au/
she will love it im sure.

just girlly girl things jewelery you can never ever go wrong with that, perfume.

this one will suck for you what about a night like this dinner, then go to a play in the city (dirty Dancing) and then hotel... in the end it will pay off as soon as you get to the hotel.

good luck.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Bordism
Next Topic:Hello All!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 13 09:24:56 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0075278282165527 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.