Toymods » General Car Talk » Trading Post Hilux RN25 for sale. DON"T BUY IT

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Trading Post Hilux RN25 for sale. DON"T BUY IT Sat, 18 December 2004 08:01 Go to next message
Just a little warning.. Here's the story for ya'll.

I ring up an add in the trading post, and the guy says, yeah, it's an RN25 it's got 11months reg. I say, cool, how about, you take the plates, and cash them in, and then you drop the $800 asking price. He says "Yeah, ok I"ll just go check with dad (the owner of the ute)"

Rings me back "No, he wants to sell it $800 with the plates and get rid of the whole lot. He'll sign the transfer over papers and the whole bit, but he won't budge on the price"

"OK" says I, and we discuss the context of the transfer paper, which simply involves me signing a sheet of paper that says I own it as of that date, and then the other guy doing the same. Simple.

But....

I go down there on saturday.. Now, when I say go down there, it was a four hour drive one way.. In nicholson, east of bairnsdale in victoria. But, I was willing to drive there, cos the car was worth it to me.

So, I take it for a drive, and then I figure I'm very happy with it, so I say I'll take it, as discussed, $800 with plates.

Answer

"No, it was $800 without plates..."

Well, you can imagine my response. So, we ring the guy I spoke to about the car, who happened to be the son, who wasn't even there at the time. I argue with him on the phone for about 20 minutes, and get no resolution.

So I go back to the people present (wife and son in law of the owner, who was bed ridden) and tell them that it's not going for $800 with plates. SO I suggest that they keep the plates, and even lower the cost of the car to $700, I mean for 11 months reg, $100 is hardly a big deal..

Answer

Yes, you guessed it..... "NO."

So, after arguing some more, I simply leave... Very fucking unimpressed.

SO other than me venting my HUGE anger, I'm also trying to warn all others, if you are thinking of calling up about this car, DON'T cos they will fuck you around and rip you off and waste your time...

My 15c (a very annoyed 15c)

Daniel.
  Send a private message to this user    
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Trading Post Hilux RN25 for sale. DON"T BUY IT Sat, 18 December 2004 08:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've been through this same situation. Drive drive 3 hours to get to the car and take it for a drive and said to the owner i'll take it for the price we agreed to on the phone, and then he says that he has had lots of calls so the price has gone up Mad
I asked how much more it has gone up and replies with "its only an extra $400 mate, I think its worth it". I told him that the car is no way worth as much as he is asking with all the damage down the side. Hes says theres no damage on the car at all, I said bullshit I'll show you when we get back. As we come up to his house I side swipe my mates old craped out fairlane and then pull into his driveway. I showed him the damage, jumped in my mates car and drove off.

Scumbags.

[Updated on: Sat, 18 December 2004 08:29]

stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Trading Post Hilux RN25 for sale. DON"T BUY IT Sat, 18 December 2004 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fuck mate, that's a fair story, I like it....
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Trading Post Hilux RN25 for sale. DON"T BUY IT Sat, 18 December 2004 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool1 wrote on Sat, 18 December 2004 19:28

I've been through this same situation. Drive drive 3 hours to get to the car and take it for a drive and said to the owner i'll take it for the price we agreed to on the phone, and then he says that he has had lots of calls so the price has gone up Mad
I asked how much more it has gone up and replies with "its only an extra $400 mate, I think its worth it". I told him that the car is no way worth as much as he is asking with all the damage down the side. Hes says theres no damage on the car at all, I said bullshit I'll show you when we get back. As we come up to his house I side swipe my mates old craped out fairlane and then pull into his driveway. I showed him the damage, jumped in my mates car and drove off.

Scumbags.

You did that to his car just because he told you he decided to up the price?
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Trading Post Hilux RN25 for sale. DON"T BUY IT Sat, 18 December 2004 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I could of done worse.
Maybe you like driving 3 hours out of your way to buy something at an agreed price only to have the seller try and screw you over. But not me.
Scumbags like that deserve all thats coming to them.
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Trading Post Hilux RN25 for sale. DON"T BUY IT Sat, 18 December 2004 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool1 wrote on Sat, 18 December 2004 23:07

I could of done worse.
Maybe you like driving 3 hours out of your way to buy something at an agreed price only to have the seller try and screw you over. But not me.
Scumbags like that deserve all thats coming to them.

I would have been pissed too Shane, but I wouldn't have damaged his car for it. I treat everyone elses car with the same respect I expect for my own.

Anyway, I'm sure you learned him good. Shocked
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Trading Post Hilux RN25 for sale. DON"T BUY IT Sat, 18 December 2004 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I treat people the way they treat me. You push me, I pust back harder. So on and so on.
And yes i'm sure he learned his lesson.
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Trading Post Hilux RN25 for sale. DON"T BUY IT Sat, 18 December 2004 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How come he didnt kick the crap out of you?
74gt
Regular

October 2004
Re: Trading Post Hilux RN25 for sale. DON"T BUY IT Sat, 18 December 2004 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If it was me, I would have gotten the tyre iron out of my boot and started to smack you around the head. Was it really worth damaging the sellers car to prove a point?
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Trading Post Hilux RN25 for sale. DON"T BUY IT Sat, 18 December 2004 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool1 wrote on Sat, 18 December 2004 23:17

I treat people the way they treat me. You push me, I pust back harder. So on and so on.

Well pushing back harder isn't really treating someone the way they treated you now is it?
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Trading Post Hilux RN25 for sale. DON"T BUY IT Sat, 18 December 2004 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
old_mr2 wrote on Sat, 18 December 2004 22:20

How come he didnt kick the crap out of you?

Because i'm an evil evil person that would of ripped his ears off with my bare hands if he even tried.
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Trading Post Hilux RN25 for sale. DON"T BUY IT Sat, 18 December 2004 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AE86slut wrote on Sat, 18 December 2004 22:26

Well pushing back harder isn't really treating someone the way they treated you now is it?

The problem is if you dont push back hard they think they can treat you like shit for ever.
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Trading Post Hilux RN25 for sale. DON"T BUY IT Sat, 18 December 2004 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
74gt wrote on Sat, 18 December 2004 22:24

If it was me, I would have gotten the tyre iron out of my boot and started to smack you around the head. Was it really worth damaging the sellers car to prove a point?

I would of taken that tyre iron out of your hands and forced it down your throat! And yes it was worth it.
You girls appear to be the people that like to rip other people off.
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Trading Post Hilux RN25 for sale. DON"T BUY IT Sat, 18 December 2004 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool1 wrote on Sat, 18 December 2004 23:28

AE86slut wrote on Sat, 18 December 2004 22:26

The problem is if you dont push back hard they think they can treat you like shit for ever.

So if you hadn't pushed back harder, he would have haunted you forever, treating you like shit wherever you go?

There are other ways to let people know that they shouldn't fuck with you than damaging their goods.
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Trading Post Hilux RN25 for sale. DON"T BUY IT Sat, 18 December 2004 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool1 wrote on Sat, 18 December 2004 23:30

I would say the opposite.
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Trading Post Hilux RN25 for sale. DON"T BUY IT Sat, 18 December 2004 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AE86slut wrote on Sat, 18 December 2004 22:32

There are other ways to let people know that they shouldn't fuck with you than damaging their goods.

You could be right. But my methods work well.
superaw11
Regular

September 2002
Re: Trading Post Hilux RN25 for sale. DON"T BUY IT Sat, 18 December 2004 14:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I would of taken that tyre iron out of your hands and forced it down your throat! And yes it was worth it.

Cool1,can i suggest you control your temper and not damage anybody's property no matter how angry you are.
The only consequence of your actions is violent confrontation or legal action unless like you the gutless perpetrator runs away.

Best regards.

[Updated on: Sat, 18 December 2004 14:30]

SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Trading Post Hilux RN25 for sale. DON"T BUY IT Sat, 18 December 2004 14:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AE86slut wrote on Sat, 18 December 2004 23:34

I would say the opposite.

I would too.
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Trading Post Hilux RN25 for sale. DON"T BUY IT Sat, 18 December 2004 22:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, I'm going down the legal route with my issue. I'm gonna write a few letters and get the issue in writing. Maybe legally fuck them around for a while and make things a little unpleasent for them.
Fattony
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Trading Post Hilux RN25 for sale. DON"T BUY IT Sun, 19 December 2004 02:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LMFAO, i see the essay you have wrote regarding Saturdays events
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Trading Post Hilux RN25 for sale. DON"T BUY IT Sun, 19 December 2004 02:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
superaw11 wrote on Sun, 19 December 2004 00:23

Cool1,can i suggest you control your temper and not damage anybody's property no matter how angry you are.
The only consequence of your actions is violent confrontation or legal action unless like you the gutless perpetrator runs away.

Best regards.

You can suggest anything you like. Me taking any notice of your suggestion is another story. But from the look of your reply it is evident that you condone the actions of these people.
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Trading Post Hilux RN25 for sale. DON"T BUY IT Sun, 19 December 2004 02:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wait'll you see the essay I've written in the form of a letter to them. ye olde 4 page beast
Fattony
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Trading Post Hilux RN25 for sale. DON"T BUY IT Sun, 19 December 2004 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I will expect it on my desk first thing monday morning
Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Trading Post Hilux RN25 for sale. DON"T BUY IT Sun, 19 December 2004 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Daniel,

The only person you'll give an ulcer over these events is yourself. It sounds like a total rorting of a situation, but I doubt anything could possibly come of it through legal channels other than a lot of stress and bitterness.

Just keep looking, I'm sure another one will come up and once you have that new diff you'll forget all about these dramas. A very similar thing happened when I was Sprinter shopping a few years back.

And Cool1 if someone pushes you and you just push them back harder, and then they push back harder again, where does it all end? Nuclear war? There are dickheads out there, deal with it without joining them at their own level.

Hen
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Trading Post Hilux RN25 for sale. DON"T BUY IT Sun, 19 December 2004 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Henn wrote on Sun, 19 December 2004 21:18

And Cool1 if someone pushes you and you just push them back harder, and then they push back harder again, where does it all end? Nuclear war? There are dickheads out there, deal with it without joining them at their own level.

Hen

You see, I'm a proud Australian, I'm not a POME. I dont just sit around and whine about people trying to rip me off, I do something about it.
Southo
Regular

I supported Toymods

August 2002
Re: Trading Post Hilux RN25 for sale. DON"T BUY IT Sun, 19 December 2004 14:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Famous last words.

One day you will come up against someone who pushes a f%&k of a lot harder than you ever thought, and you will wonder what the hell happened.. Some people carry guns and don't think twice about using them.

Can you dodge bullets ???

Bradelz
Regular

June 2004
Re: Trading Post Hilux RN25 for sale. DON"T BUY IT Sun, 19 December 2004 21:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
One word one name Jesus, are any of you christian's on here? AE-86 Slut are you going to Church on sunday? im with cool1 its in his own interest what he does to other cars if hes not hurting you or ya mates, who gives a fuck!
Brad
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Trading Post Hilux RN25 for sale. DON"T BUY IT Sun, 19 December 2004 22:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Southo wrote on Mon, 20 December 2004 00:20

Famous last words.

One day you will come up against someone who pushes a f%&k of a lot harder than you ever thought, and you will wonder what the hell happened.. Some people carry guns and don't think twice about using them.

Can you dodge bullets ???

Who's to say I wasn't the one carrying a gun?
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Trading Post Hilux RN25 for sale. DON"T BUY IT Sun, 19 December 2004 22:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i guess what goes around comes around.....but Cool1, what went around will come around again so stooping would be none the less.

it's abit like a brawl, they start shit, you return shit, but the actions of morons carry no justice, so you'd be even as much of a fool when you get bitten on the ass

each to their own, people learn. But it's not what you do, it's HOW you do it.
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Trading Post Hilux RN25 for sale. DON"T BUY IT Sun, 19 December 2004 22:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hen,

Yeah, I know I'll probably just worry myself about it, but I might as well give it a shot, or I'll piss myself off for not having done anything at all. But I do see your point, and it's still pissing me off to now.
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Trading Post Hilux RN25 for sale. DON"T BUY IT Sun, 19 December 2004 22:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86slaver wrote on Mon, 20 December 2004 08:36

well i guess what goes around comes around.....but Cool1, what went around will come around again so stooping would be none the less.

it's abit like a brawl, they start shit, you return shit, but the actions of morons carry no justice, so you'd be even as much of a fool when you get bitten on the ass

So you also approve of these people trying to rip other people off?
nitephyre
Regular

July 2003
Re: Trading Post Hilux RN25 for sale. DON"T BUY IT Mon, 20 December 2004 00:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stradlater: sorry to hear you got fucked around.. unfortunately shit can happen when buying a car.. driving 3hrs would make it that little bit more annoying

cool1:
as for price changing, no it's not a decent way to do business, but at the end of the day, it's THEIR goods, they can do whatever the hell they want and if they feel like jacking the price up then shit happens.

That's no reason to damage someone's car just because you're having a little tantrum... It's not up to you to save the world.

----

A verbal agreement is, unfortunately, just that an agreement. Not a binding contract.

If you don't get a car you're looking at, then there's probably a better one out there, it's not the end of the world
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Trading Post Hilux RN25 for sale. DON"T BUY IT Mon, 20 December 2004 00:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol i love yer car it is the biggest pimp daddy car ever, all u need now is a set of Bling Bling mags!!
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Trading Post Hilux RN25 for sale. DON"T BUY IT Mon, 20 December 2004 01:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool1 wrote on Mon, 20 December 2004 09:51

ae86slaver wrote on Mon, 20 December 2004 08:36

So you also approve of these people trying to rip other people off?

i never said that, and i sure as hell don't approve of these actions.

it's abit like 'violence doesn't solve anything'

be smart about it, i mean up the shit for havin the balls to smack back someones car cuz they did something to you, but bottom line is, you are just as bad for doing what they did.

Me personally in this situation? I'd turn it around and do my best to obtain the car at an even better price, but have em cop the facts of attempting to rip someone off, legally or publicly
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Trading Post Hilux RN25 for sale. DON"T BUY IT Mon, 20 December 2004 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I cant see the problem. I'm a bad person? Yes, I agree. What more can I say?
Jezz if you have been on these forums long enough you would of already know this Rolling Eyes
I reckon the guy got off lightly. I mean the scumbag allowed me to drive 3 hours out of my way to buy the car for an agreed price. Once I arrived he changed his tune. In the old days before all these kids and lawyers started suing people, the guy would of received a broken jaw.
Fattony
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Trading Post Hilux RN25 for sale. DON"T BUY IT Mon, 20 December 2004 02:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmmmm this thread has tunred into something interesting. Personally i would not let some bastard try and push you around, you have to stand your ground otherwise you get trodden on. Though Strad seriously the dick wont end up selling the stupid thing, esp if he wants to fuck ppl round like he did you so live with the comfort that the HICK did himself in 800 bucks and for a 4 hours drive well not much you can do about the time and petrol you wasted but atleast be proud that you had the good sense not to get ripped off.
..J..
Regular

June 2004
Re: Trading Post Hilux RN25 for sale. DON"T BUY IT Mon, 20 December 2004 02:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
some interestinfg stuff here..........

i agree the uping of the price is wrong but side swiping some ones car, thats over board. try that shit with some people i know and you would have had about 30 lebs show up to your house and root you up the arse with a broom handle for a couple of days. there is always some one badder out there.

and daniel.

you only have limited time on this planet, why not do something productive and positive like finding another car and putting it down to experience, as said before you'll only waste your tiome and cause yourself more grief.
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Trading Post Hilux RN25 for sale. DON"T BUY IT Mon, 20 December 2004 02:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
..J.. wrote on Mon, 20 December 2004 12:32

try that shit with some people i know and you would have had about 30 lebs show up to your house and root you up the arse with a broom handle for a couple of days.

I'd seriously like to see 30 lebs show up on my property.
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Trading Post Hilux RN25 for sale. DON"T BUY IT Mon, 20 December 2004 03:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good on you Shane for having the guts that no-one else has (including me). Sounds like no-one here realises your not going to change.

3 hours (each way) is over $50 just in fuel, to be jacked up another $400 is shitty, I'd probably shout at the guy for a while and kinda abstractly threaten him, but sideswiping the car he's trying to sell works too.

If I jacked up the price on something after agreeing on it I'd expect a similar response.

I actually thought a verbal agreement was more binding than "just an agreement".
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Trading Post Hilux RN25 for sale. DON"T BUY IT Mon, 20 December 2004 03:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SupraPete wrote on Mon, 20 December 2004 11:21

I actually thought a verbal agreement was more binding than "just an agreement".

A verbal agreement is a legally binding contract.

Its just harder to prove in court without witnesses.
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Trading Post Hilux RN25 for sale. DON"T BUY IT Mon, 20 December 2004 04:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, I've been down the 'verbal agreement' path, and it seems according to the law books that it is in fact a binding contract, but it's very hard to prove, particularly given the fucking hick that I delt with probably doesn't even remember what day it is, let alone what he said on the phone. He's probably too busy remember which one his favourite pet cow daisy is for him to f'ck tonight.

As for not wasting my time further, I am trying to do exactly that, I've done all I'm going to do now, I've written the 3 page essay of a letter, rang all the appropraite people, got the add changed in the trading post, and now I wait and see. Maybe I get a response and a cheaper price, maybe I don't. Until then I wait and see. I sincerely doubt that anyone is going to buy the thing for $800 with NO reg from all the way down there.. It's not worth that much, even if it is just for the diff. But, as you can tell I am more than just a little annoyed about it. Never the less, we'll wait and see. But in the mean time It's back to the single spinner in the celica, given the fact that the locked diff is about the shit itself all over my garage floor.

fuckers......... grrr...
I hope they rot in hell..

That aside, my 2c
hehe.

lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Trading Post Hilux RN25 for sale. DON"T BUY IT Mon, 20 December 2004 04:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you were a slightly annoyed person then it would be hard not to resist the temptation to post the hilux sellers phone number and details on the internet (perhaps on a forum like this) and ask as many people as possible to ring them up at all hours of the day and night, get all the details on the car, agree to a price, date and time and then never show up - and continue this patern for a few weeks. That is, if you were really annnoyed about it.

To be honest though, in a few days you'll be over the whole thing and won't want to waste any more time and energy on something you can't change. There's always another car for sale.

stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Trading Post Hilux RN25 for sale. DON"T BUY IT Mon, 20 December 2004 04:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
true, and a similar idea had crossed my mind. I was going to put the details up on here. But then I thought, the possible legal implications of doing such a thing may cause me more grief than the problem was worth. However, a few pranks calls from public phones at late times of night will occur..
If anyone's interested in the phone number to join in, I'll happily PM them the number.. Or then again, just do a search on the trading post for a 76 hilux for $800. You'll quick find it.
hehe
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Trading Post Hilux RN25 for sale. DON"T BUY IT Mon, 20 December 2004 07:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SupraPete wrote on Mon, 20 December 2004 13:21

Good on you Shane for having the guts that no-one else has (including me). Sounds like no-one here realises your not going to change.

3 hours (each way) is over $50 just in fuel, to be jacked up another $400 is shitty, I'd probably shout at the guy for a while and kinda abstractly threaten him, but sideswiping the car he's trying to sell works too.

If I jacked up the price on something after agreeing on it I'd expect a similar response.

Thanks mate.
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Trading Post Hilux RN25 for sale. DON"T BUY IT Mon, 20 December 2004 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh Mad

u could've just dropped a big skid directly uotside thier front door, using their car Very Happy
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Trading Post Hilux RN25 for sale. DON"T BUY IT Mon, 20 December 2004 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mr DOHC wrote on Mon, 20 December 2004 18:37

yeh

Yeh? Yeh!
Very Happy
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Trading Post Hilux RN25 for sale. DON"T BUY IT Mon, 20 December 2004 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Way to hijack a thread haha.

Cool1, this morning, there was a fatality at Merrylands station (Sydney) and while waiting for Bus' to pick us up, there was this guy, walked up to the cops and said: "Whats happening? I heard there was a murder in Merylands, Im a fucking scitzofranick, and Im scared shitless you pigs are going to take me to jail, im about to go crazy" Cop: " Na, a train broke down in merrylands" Skitzo: "Better not be lying pig"

Yeah, you remind me of him hahah!
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Trading Post Hilux RN25 for sale. DON"T BUY IT Mon, 20 December 2004 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LMAO Laughing

Why do I remind you of him? Rolling Eyes
boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: Trading Post Hilux RN25 for sale. DON"T BUY IT Mon, 20 December 2004 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You both have legs?
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Trading Post Hilux RN25 for sale. DON"T BUY IT Mon, 20 December 2004 09:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
both sound crazy! haha
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: Trading Post Hilux RN25 for sale. DON"T BUY IT Mon, 20 December 2004 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd like to think i'd be just like Cool1 if i wasnt so scrawny Very Happy dickheads like that dont give a fuck if you just wasted your time and money on them only to be srewed around, the only way they are gonna understand is if you comunicate to them on their level. i just wish i was a lot more tank than i am now so i could give more people the feedback they deserve Smile
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Trading Post Hilux RN25 for sale. DON"T BUY IT Mon, 20 December 2004 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EVOSTi wrote on Mon, 20 December 2004 20:40

I'd like to think i'd be just like Cool1 if i wasnt so scrawny Very Happy dickheads like that dont give a fuck if you just wasted your time and money on them only to be srewed around, the only way they are gonna understand is if you comunicate to them on their level. i just wish i was a lot more tank than i am now so i could give more people the feedback they deserve Smile

This is the kind of response I was expecting. A person that thinks like me Very Happy Mate, your a champ.
Indi
Regular

December 2004
Re: Trading Post Hilux RN25 for sale. DON"T BUY IT Mon, 20 December 2004 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
From my understanding for any agreement (verbal or written) to be binding it needs three things 1)Offer - he says its $800. 2)Acceptance - you say yeh okay I'll take it. 3)Consideration - this usually means money (but can be the performance of a service or goods) and thats the clincher that makes any agreement binding, when you buy something until you pay the money the agreement isn't binding. Its just false advertising.

But Cool1 (and I love the irony of your name Cool) would that guy have seen your mates number plates? Do you have any experience in negotiating for stuff or do you usually just pay the asking price? When I bought my Sprinter the ad in the trading post was $700 less than what the guy was asking for when I got there but by negotiating instead of yelling at him I ended up getting it for $2,000 less than the asking price!

In both cases you guys described it sounds like the dickheads selling the cars realised at the last minute that they hadn't left themselves any room to negotiate and jacked up the price so they could start from a better position. Next time it happens (and it probably will, these things always do) if you're pissed off about him wasting your time, waste his. Spend the whole day umming and ahhhhing about the price, if you hang around for 3 hours contemplating your navel while he taps his foot and thinks of the better things he could be doing he'll soon come down in price. It took me about 4 hours to buy my Sprinter but it worked!
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: Trading Post Hilux RN25 for sale. DON"T BUY IT Mon, 20 December 2004 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you always expect a bit of negotiating, but not to be fucked around. if i was selling something and the person was still there after 1/2 an hour, id tell them to buy it or piss off.
Indi
Regular

December 2004
Re: Trading Post Hilux RN25 for sale. DON"T BUY IT Mon, 20 December 2004 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Depends on how its done, if you knew you'd jacked up the price to more than what you originally wanted you'd be more likely to lower it back down than to tell someone to piss off wouldn't you?
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Trading Post Hilux RN25 for sale. DON"T BUY IT Mon, 20 December 2004 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Indi wrote on Mon, 20 December 2004 20:56

But Cool1 (and I love the irony of your name Cool) would that guy have seen your mates number plates? Do you have any experience in negotiating for stuff or do you usually just pay the asking price? When I bought my Sprinter the ad in the trading post was $700 less than what the guy was asking for when I got there but by negotiating instead of yelling at him I ended up getting it for $2,000 less than the asking price!

He probably did see the plates. I'm sure he could of called the police, but what are they going to do? My mates have police records as long as your street and I personally have a record that would get the greenies pissed if it were to be printed out.
The price we agreed on over the phone was a negotiated price. The guy knew I was serious about taking the car from the start. I'm a business man, I don't want to be fucked around. When I want something I ask how much the seller wants, If i don't like the price I tell them what I'm prepared to pay. If they accept its a deal, if they don't I leave. Simple.
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: Trading Post Hilux RN25 for sale. DON"T BUY IT Mon, 20 December 2004 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im impatient but im pretty fair, i wouldnt jack up a price ive already agreed on. infact, i have turned down someone before who offered me more than i had settled on while i was waiting for payment. im not trying to sound above everyone, but i have a verbal agreement. ive also had a friend who put a deposit on a car only to have someone (who's now on this forum) offer the owner more money, and she took it and gave him back his deposit plus a little extra. while it was a nice gesture, he was very dissapointed.
Indi
Regular

December 2004
Re: Trading Post Hilux RN25 for sale. DON"T BUY IT Mon, 20 December 2004 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yah gazzumping sucks. But I'm pretty sure that paying a deposit is consideration so maybe your friend could have looked into enforcing the agreement if he wanted it really badly.
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Trading Post Hilux RN25 for sale. DON"T BUY IT Mon, 20 December 2004 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
in my line of work, a verbal agreement, or a quick signature and note on a faxed quote (e.g. "quote accepted <sig> <date>" or "please proceed ...") is a good a written contract or tender offer.

And when you buy something in the vicinity of $1M of printing each year, good and dependable business practice is order of the day. When a print firm has to buy in a truck load of paper or have the production staff work all weekend - on the basis of a signed fax - then it's damn important to hold to your end of the deal.

If i screw over suppliers, i loose access to services and competitive prices. In the long run it would stuff up the supplier, their competitiveness and security, my career and my clients. everyone.

so i give my word on a trade or sale or barter i stick to it - and if i can't, i clearly explain why circumstances have changed and unless they're substantial, i take a hit.

one of the reason this forum is quite remarkable is that most of the time we're not trying to screw each other over used parts and dodgy cars - we're genuine about sharing our knowledge and experience.

So, if someone can't stand by their own price (for a lousy, rusty hilux) then they're a worthless bag of untrustworthy shit.

while i think Cool1's method was a bit harsh (i'd prefer to be more subtle), his intentions are perfectly clear and i empathise with them - if you fuck with they buyer, they'll shove your new offer somewhere priceless.

cheers, charles.
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Trading Post Hilux RN25 for sale. DON"T BUY IT Mon, 20 December 2004 21:23 Go to previous message
yeah, and god damn it it was a shitty rusty hilux.... heh
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:KE25 with a 3SGTE?
Next Topic:URGENT. celica GT4 power to weight ratio??
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 07:11:13 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.007155179977417 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.