Toymods » General Car Talk » What model car has the WORST exhaust note

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Fattony
Forums Junkie

May 2002
What model car has the WORST exhaust note Fri, 17 December 2004 07:24 Go to next message
I was at work the other day and after hearing an xd 250 xflow falcon with a opened up exhaust i decided that this has to be the worst sounding exhaust note i have ever heard.
Was just curious as to what other ppls opinions were as to what model car with and exhausts sounds the most horrid to them?

Cheers Adam
  Send a private message to this user    
bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: What model car has the WORST exhaust note Fri, 17 December 2004 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a dude at my high school had a calibra with an exhaust, sounded shite. Confused
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: What model car has the WORST exhaust note Fri, 17 December 2004 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I heard a shithouse Porche about a month ago. Under WOT it sounded like there where bits of free metal flying around in the exhaust! Disgusting!
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: What model car has the WORST exhaust note Fri, 17 December 2004 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
comeon mate its obvious.

the VW beetle. Mad Mad I HATE THAT SOUND Mad Mad
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What model car has the WORST exhaust note Fri, 17 December 2004 07:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im another one for porsche, heard one on the way home, absolutely woeful

other ones are V6 commo's with bad exhausts and 4A-GE's with bad exhaust.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: What model car has the WORST exhaust note Fri, 17 December 2004 07:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Supercharged V6 commo's aren't very nice on the ears.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What model car has the WORST exhaust note Fri, 17 December 2004 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
6 cyl B and S VN commodore utes - with twin pipes make baby jesus cry ..

Soarer
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What model car has the WORST exhaust note Fri, 17 December 2004 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maybe not the worst sounding, but the one I'm sick to death of is the Suabru boxer engine... every 2nd WRX with a cannon exhaust gives me the shits to no end.
monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: What model car has the WORST exhaust note Fri, 17 December 2004 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
VW Beetle Eye Spin

[Updated on: Fri, 17 December 2004 09:15]

rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: What model car has the WORST exhaust note Fri, 17 December 2004 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vw beetle twin 1" exhaust add twice as much poooot noise
saw a superbug the other day Surprised
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: What model car has the WORST exhaust note Fri, 17 December 2004 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Just about anything with a turbo.

seeyuzz
river
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: What model car has the WORST exhaust note Fri, 17 December 2004 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
#1 4AGE with a bad exhaust sounds terrible

#2 Subaru with a cannon muffler. Every freaking one!
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: What model car has the WORST exhaust note Fri, 17 December 2004 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rice lancers are crap, as are most small engined cars with fart cans. and beetles, they also suck the dong
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: What model car has the WORST exhaust note Fri, 17 December 2004 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
apart from the obvious rice car exhaust sounds
i fucking hate rotary's
westlife
Regular

September 2003
Re: What model car has the WORST exhaust note Fri, 17 December 2004 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jag7799 wrote on Fri, 17 December 2004 22:42

apart from the obvious rice car exhaust sounds
i fucking hate rotary's

Rotaries ?

Ok then ! Confused
Fattony
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What model car has the WORST exhaust note Fri, 17 December 2004 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeh i heard some shockers on Porsche's but then again i heard some nice Porsche's (911 turbo when it opens up). Though the second most hated on my list would have to be fucking harley davidsons that run a straight pipe or 2 stroke road bikes. Then comes the rice box lancers that by there definition of exhaust mod is, weld a 3 inch muffler on the back of the stock system, oh shit its to loud better put a restrictor in it and make it sound like its farting.
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: What model car has the WORST exhaust note Fri, 17 December 2004 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i gotta agree with the calibra's, heard one 2days ago, sounded like fart in a tin Razz
Fattony
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What model car has the WORST exhaust note Fri, 17 December 2004 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Been killing to hear a v6 calibra opened up with a pod on it though.
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: What model car has the WORST exhaust note Fri, 17 December 2004 14:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The SR20DET is one of the crappiest sounding exhausts I reckon. Pity cause it's such a great engine. It just has a non-distinctive, boring drone of an exhaust. At least with the other cars like rotary, vw, porsche etc you can tell what they are, and they have "character". The SR20DET just sounds like poo.
The NA version of the SR is a different story altogether - that thing screams beautifully when it's set up right.
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: What model car has the WORST exhaust note Fri, 17 December 2004 15:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
all 4 cylinder NA cars that DOES NOT have any variable function (TVIS,VVT, V-tec etc..) sounds monotonous and boring.
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: What model car has the WORST exhaust note Fri, 17 December 2004 16:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vw combi vans
commodores ( all efi ) above 5000rpm
2.2 camrys ( all sound like they are pinging )
this datsun pulsar near me...yuk! massive cannon
yes harleys suck
hmmm prolly my car when i get it back lol Confused Laughing

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: What model car has the WORST exhaust note Fri, 17 December 2004 23:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
any nob with a pulsar thats thinks just by changing the muffler his car can now cut 10 secs quarter, shits me to no end, that, geminis pretty shit sounding and wrx's shit me only some though.
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: What model car has the WORST exhaust note Fri, 17 December 2004 23:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona, at least they dont think they can chop VX SS Commies Razz

I hate WRX and SR20DET.

I really like RB26DETT, 2JZGTE, FTO V6
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: What model car has the WORST exhaust note Sat, 18 December 2004 00:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Classique71 wrote on Fri, 17 December 2004 19:17

6 cyl B and S VN commodore utes - with twin pipes make baby jesus cry ..

Classique71, you are meaning the VG Holden Ute...

Cheers.
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: What model car has the WORST exhaust note Sat, 18 December 2004 00:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Worst i've heard would have to be some 4 cylinder rice box excel.

Best exhaust notes I've heard have come from straight 6's, and a V10 (porsche carerra GT Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed )
Toy Yoda
Regular

March 2004
Re: What model car has the WORST exhaust note Sat, 18 December 2004 01:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Me and my boss in a fully loaded 1997 Triton raced (attempted) a 2000 M3, owner floored it, and it sounded like he needed a new muffler, it sounded like crap. Like you know how lancers and pulsars get that strangled noise in them under load? This BMW was doing that...we pulled up next to him at the next lights, he had a big grin and i just shook my head at him Laughing
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: What model car has the WORST exhaust note Sat, 18 December 2004 02:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, E46 M3's sounds shithouse too!
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: What model car has the WORST exhaust note Sat, 18 December 2004 03:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
b1gb3n wrote on Sat, 18 December 2004 02:49

all 4 cylinder NA cars that DOES NOT have any variable function (TVIS,VVT, V-tec etc..) sounds monotonous and boring.

my 100kw 4AGE sounds pretty nice Wink

Razz
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: What model car has the WORST exhaust note Sat, 18 December 2004 04:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WORST: my car ha ha its very whats the word barky & loud

BEST:was a FTO V6 mavick it sounded ecoy whats the word?
it was cool
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: What model car has the WORST exhaust note Sat, 18 December 2004 04:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86drift wrote on Sat, 18 December 2004 14:21

b1gb3n wrote on Sat, 18 December 2004 02:49

my 100kw 4AGE sounds pretty nice Wink

Razz

apart frm 4ages Very Happy Very Happy
they sound bloody sweet with carbies on as well
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: What model car has the WORST exhaust note Sat, 18 December 2004 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stock ST162...... i dunno why but they annoy me!
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: What model car has the WORST exhaust note Sat, 18 December 2004 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
puzzle man wrote on Sat, 18 December 2004 15:34

it was cool

do you mean "mivec"?
db__
Regular

August 2004
Re: What model car has the WORST exhaust note Sat, 18 December 2004 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Honda civics.
Aust162
Regular

April 2004
Re: What model car has the WORST exhaust note Sat, 18 December 2004 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
silvia's and some 200sx's sound the worst!! as someone said above, the sr20det sounds shit. and ca18de..
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What model car has the WORST exhaust note Sat, 18 December 2004 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dunno adam, what about your car?? ;->
Sam_Q
Forums Junkie

December 2003

Re: What model car has the WORST exhaust note Sat, 18 December 2004 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Most hated:

-VW beetle

-Harley Davison

-WRX any of them

do the VW and WRX count as the same? they sound simular to me!

or how about any of those cars with those "turbo tips" that were around a few years back
peeack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2004
Re: What model car has the WORST exhaust note Sat, 18 December 2004 13:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hahaha you stole my answer, A bloke I used to know in school had an Excel with a turbo tip, geezus h. crackers it sounded shitful / hilarious.
43sgte
Regular

May 2004
Re: What model car has the WORST exhaust note Sat, 18 December 2004 22:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KOFFEE-BLACK wrote on Sat, 18 December 2004 13:28

Yeah, E46 M3's sounds shithouse too!

yes, i was hoping someone would agree with me

i have an mpeg of a JZA80, STI and e46 M3 racing on the highway, the M3 definately has some work done to it (still loses though Laughing )
sounds awesome

but stock, the sound they produce is dissapointing
i think the other 6 cyl BMW's, like the 325 and 330 sound better

also, whilst on the subject of BMW's, the 4cly ones sound shit too.. even the E30 M3!
MattHothatchboy
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: What model car has the WORST exhaust note Sun, 19 December 2004 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Suzuki GTi with 2 and a 1/2 mandrel bent exaust with group A Cams. Not keen on vw beetles but I like Herbie. How about the car in Serious Performance 1 Video purple RX3 Coupe with the 13BPP? Extremly loud sounds awfull. FJ20 Turbo Datsuns Like Peter Challengers' I like the sound of.
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: What model car has the WORST exhaust note Sun, 19 December 2004 01:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1. auto, rb30et's with 3" exhaust! The most droney exhaust I have heard!

2. sr20's. All of them but the turbos sounds better than na's.

3. a collection of all the 4 cylinder shitboxes like excels, lancers, pulsars etc. All sound equally shit to me.

best: turbo straight 6's like 2jz's. My favourite! Smile
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: What model car has the WORST exhaust note Sun, 19 December 2004 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
worst: SR20DET

best: any 300rwkw Japanese inline six, for some reaosn they always sound like a 747 about to take off, it actually gives me a boner sometimes Embarassed Laughing
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: What model car has the WORST exhaust note Sun, 19 December 2004 03:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
STR8 2.8 wrote on Sat, 18 December 2004 17:41

puzzle man wrote on Sat, 18 December 2004 15:34

it was cool

do you mean "mivec"?

yes sorry
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: What model car has the WORST exhaust note Sun, 19 December 2004 03:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my ma60 with 5ME+extractors (6-2-1)+2 3/4" piping everywhere - resonates at cruise speeds (60-70, 100-110) and at idle sounds very burbly - most nearby cars think i'm some kind of hoon (which i'm not, really Laughing )

... any old school galant with larger than stock piping - they sound like cow with severe flatulence hiding inside a water tank
Flem
Regular

May 2002
Re: What model car has the WORST exhaust note Sun, 19 December 2004 03:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my corolla sounds like a cow moo'in Crying or Very Sad
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: What model car has the WORST exhaust note Sun, 19 December 2004 03:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My car sounds like a blender...

A 2L blender...

But honestly it doesnt sound to cool... But I hate the boring deep woggy sound that most 4AGE's get when theyre tunning pipes that are too big...
Fattony
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What model car has the WORST exhaust note Sun, 19 December 2004 05:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well last night i heard some1 drive into maccas which an rx3 that sounded something akin to a ryobi edge trimmer, i seriously thought he would park the car on the grass and start mowing the lawns. lol
XiL3D
Regular

April 2003
Re: What model car has the WORST exhaust note Sun, 19 December 2004 06:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is my mates account so he probably wont agree with me but the best sounding exhaust to me is a 454 big block stroked out to a 502 with an 8/71 blower with a 6/71 on top Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Remember ladies and gents, the real music comes from up front Cool
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: What model car has the WORST exhaust note Sun, 19 December 2004 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
one dollat two dollar three dolla four, thats just out of the driveway
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: What model car has the WORST exhaust note Sun, 19 December 2004 07:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1GGTE wrote on Sun, 19 December 2004 13:40

best: any 300rwkw Japanese inline six, for some reaosn they always sound like a 747 about to take off, it actually gives me a boner sometimes Embarassed Laughing

so does ya brother Razz
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: What model car has the WORST exhaust note Sun, 19 December 2004 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
off the top of my head

dislikes;

-ej20 with big exhaust.
-sr20 " " "
-any mid 90's commo.

loves;
-4age 20v/quads
-b16a / b16b
-rb26dett
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: What model car has the WORST exhaust note Sun, 19 December 2004 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I heard one of those old porches yesterday which also sounded like it was ready to fall to pieces. Whats up with these porches?
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: What model car has the WORST exhaust note Sun, 19 December 2004 14:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i fucking love rotary exhaust note and the FTO v6 note that soudns cool, and i think turbos without blow off valves soudns cool when they spool.I think my 5ME sounds tough aswell. the worst would be an Excel i think and that 202/V6 commo noise shits me aswell cause it is so common in tassie
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: What model car has the WORST exhaust note Sun, 19 December 2004 22:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
worst - my sprinter atm, i fitted a stock s13 muffler to get through RTA, and the baffle is loose, rattles like shit on decel it sounds sooooo ghey.

best - my ke20 that brad built, its soooo lumpy at idle, sounds like a ported rotary. at WOT it sounds awesome too.

like matt i get hard for inline jap sixes, compare the rb20 to the sr20, and thats what i mean. RB sounds sooo tough, SR is like a fart in a bottle Crying or Very Sad or that sound when u get a bottle and blow over the mouthpiece, it makes that weird nautical hum...

i also love ported rotaries, 4ages (with a decent muffler lol) and any worked n/a motor, tough.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: What model car has the WORST exhaust note Sun, 19 December 2004 22:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
any old porsche motor is air cooled thus they sound like volkswagens, plus they are flat 6's and thus emit a rather unusual sound
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: What model car has the WORST exhaust note Mon, 20 December 2004 02:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jag7799 wrote on Sun, 19 December 2004 18:00

MR 1GGTE wrote on Sun, 19 December 2004 13:40

so does ya brother Razz

but then again, so does your mother Razz Laughing
Fattony
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What model car has the WORST exhaust note Mon, 20 December 2004 02:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We must have ran out of cars to choose from as we are reverting to ya mum jokes Razz
soaringmik
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: What model car has the WORST exhaust note Mon, 20 December 2004 02:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Worst = Any Gemini

Best = Worked 2TG, worked 18RG and RB26, I also like the sound of a fresh 1GGTE

Smile
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: What model car has the WORST exhaust note Mon, 20 December 2004 05:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dont know but there was a civic with drift stickers on it in melbourne Rolling Eyes that i think had seriously put a hole in his exhaust,sounded fukkn shithouse,,any ricebox,harleys are the most fukken annoying especially when they are ridden by some middle aged puppet who thinks he's the pres of the hells angels cause he's on it, Vdubbs are just fukken shite especially cause they dont respond to better exhausts aswell Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes i dont mind rexxies and love pp rotors except when they live near you Sad auto silvias sound shite and although it may sound like a sin to say but some ferraries with the droning motorbike sound I dont like aswell,i like the fact its a ferrari but mmmmm dont know,,
-blown20v-
Regular

January 2003
Re: What model car has the WORST exhaust note Mon, 20 December 2004 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i used to love the note i got from my sx seca... full aftermarket system...that combined with some mods on the induction side of things.. sounded hot..

and now i have subaru forester gt.. with a 3 inch mandrel bent straight through system from cat back with a big cannon on the back... and yeah i love it.. and i've only ever heard positive feedback about it so yeah.. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

the worst in my opinion is the raspy exhaust that u seem to get civics and pulsars and the like.. when ppl are too tight to put a resonator in there n/a exhaust system.. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: What model car has the WORST exhaust note Mon, 20 December 2004 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
soaringmik wrote on Mon, 20 December 2004 13:18

I also like the sound of a fresh 1GGTE

No exhaust noise there - Just the pure sound of spooling goodness!! Very Happy
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Proud of me
Next Topic:2JZGTE Starion!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 13:24:12 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0093448162078857 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.