Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
XiL3D
Regular

April 2003
Motorbike fine Sun, 19 December 2004 10:01 Go to next message
I know this is way left field for most of you but im taking a stab here...My mate who is only 15 was riding his KTM 400 and had to take it for a short run up a 50 m piece of road to get to where he was going. The bike is registered but obviously he is not liscenced . He pulled into the back of a shop to get a drink and the cops showed up as he was gettin of his bike. They weren't sus untill he took of his helmet then they started asking Q's. They found out he wasnt liscenced and took down his name, address, age and D.O.B. They said they are going to send him a 500 dollar fine and now we can't work out if they were bluffing or serious, they didnt write anything up and give it too him, just went on there merry way. Can they send fines to minors? I thought this would be a bit more serious because he should get a summons to court if the fine is issued wouldnt he?...Anyway i'd like to hear wat you guys reckon.
  Send a private message to this user    
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Motorbike fine Sun, 19 December 2004 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unless they issued him with a ticket on the spot (which they probably can't seeing as he's u/age) he'll get a summons - could take a few weeks, could take months...
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Motorbike fine Sun, 19 December 2004 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
could just be scaring the shite outta him... I've heard of it happening, and also heard of similar things resulting in court summons.
XiL3D
Regular

April 2003
Re: Motorbike fine Sun, 19 December 2004 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmmm yeh. Hes just bein a dick coz he has the money to pay the fine but he wants to spend it. He dont even no if hes getting it. stupid system.
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Motorbike fine Sun, 19 December 2004 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i don't see how you can get a 500 dollar fine for just riding a bike if your underage. Also if they were serious they would of taken the bike off him or got the owner of the bike to pick it up. How did he bring it back?
XiL3D
Regular

April 2003
Re: Motorbike fine Mon, 20 December 2004 23:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
He rode it, and he owns it. Uhm he was riding on the road without a lisence...I thought that spoke for itself.
soaringmik
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Motorbike fine Tue, 21 December 2004 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have had a similar experience,.

I was caught speeding a couple of years ago (quite excessively)and I was pulled over and questioned for about 5 mins, we had a good ol' chat and they told me that I would get something in the mail...

That was 4 years ago,.. and I have never heard from them in regards to that particular incident Smile

Sometimes, they just want to scare you,...

STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Motorbike fine Tue, 21 December 2004 05:18 Go to previous message
yeh i had an incident like that too, got taken away to teh copshop, put in a holding cell, and the $1100 fine never came in mail.
but he could be issued with a ticket on the spot, i have mates who have been issued when underage
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:info on how much Internet i use?
Next Topic:Domain names
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 4 01:51:01 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0063400268554688 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.