Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » Alpine iPod interface.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Alpine iPod interface. Wed, 15 December 2004 01:41 Go to next message
Has anyone seen/got one of these part number I believe is KCA-420i

It lets you control your ipod through the head units stacker control. I want one!! If you are, or know of, an Australian dealer with these in stock i would love to hear from you!
  Send a private message to this user    
boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: Alpine iPod interface. Wed, 15 December 2004 01:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Or if anybody knows of something for a pioneer head unit.... Razz
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Alpine iPod interface. Wed, 15 December 2004 01:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You can get the inputs, but you have to use the ipods controls.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/product/deta il/0,,2076_4109_35681,00.html

The alpine one i am looking for lets you control form the head unit. I have heard rumors of pioneer doing the same, but as i don't have a pioneer head unit haven't investigated it.
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Alpine iPod interface. Wed, 15 December 2004 03:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just get the docking unit that has FM transmitter so all you car will need is:
-thing to hold & power iPod
-FM radio
-Amp & speakers

Cool
soaringmik
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Alpine iPod interface. Wed, 15 December 2004 03:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I used the FM transmitter and gotta say,.. it sucks arse,..

I bought a Blaupunkt the other day with an Aux input for $280, Aux cable = $30,..

nice clear ipod sound = Priceless Smile
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Alpine iPod interface. Wed, 15 December 2004 04:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
eeww fm modulation...

Was willing to accept the quality loss of an oversampled mp3, not sure if I will like mp3 and FM modulation Confused
Soarer
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Alpine iPod interface. Wed, 15 December 2004 04:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Alpine unit was released in Australia only this week. Good luck finding one this early. I never seem to be able to find Alpine equipment when I really need it. They don't supply as much gear to distributors as they used to, which is sad.
Soarer
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Alpine iPod interface. Wed, 15 December 2004 04:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That being said, one of the better places for finding Alpine gear is Precision Car Audio on Blakehurst.
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Alpine iPod interface. Wed, 15 December 2004 04:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I talked to my local dealer, her thinks he will have one next week!

Not sure I want to pay his $190 price, when i can find it on a US site for $90usd, with shipping I rekon I could get it in my hands for $140
boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: Alpine iPod interface. Wed, 15 December 2004 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've got an FM modulator and it sucks arse big time.... Mad
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Alpine iPod interface. Wed, 15 December 2004 23:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Woohoo got me one, at a good deal too! hopefully delivered today!
Soarer
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Alpine iPod interface. Thu, 16 December 2004 00:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I hope you've got a compatible head unit... I was speaking to an Alpine rep last week, and only the last couple of head units released by Alpine actually work with the iPod interface. Doesn't work on all AI-NET head units (which counts me out... I have AI-NET, but an older unit).
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Alpine iPod interface. Tue, 21 December 2004 04:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got one on sunday, installed it! It is going great guns....mmm 40Gb of iPoddy goodness!

As for what it works with, I was told unconditionally that it works with all ai-net compatible head units. There is nothing in the manual that refers to specfic models (except some of the newer ones have extended functionality), it just sayd ai-net compatible.

Edit: I have a 9807 head unit, and it works fine, but it is not included on Alpine USA's compatiblity list.

[Updated on: Tue, 21 December 2004 04:16]

Soarer
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Alpine iPod interface. Tue, 21 December 2004 05:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Great to hear Smile

I was speaking to the Aust. Alpine rep, and he stated (along with another of his guys) that it does not work on all AI-NET head units. The model number of your head unit indicates a fairly new (compared to mine) head unit, so it's good to hear that it works on yours. I'm not willing to fork out for one in the off chance it doesn't work on a 7 year old AI-NET head unit.
peewee
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Alpine iPod interface. Tue, 21 December 2004 09:16 Go to previous message
so what does the alpine ipod cradle cost, and how much is a basic head unit that can control it??

i got a car cradle/charger ordered from america but it has grounding issues that i haven't quite gotten around to fixing, and not sure if it can be fixed at all
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:frustrated with your car - give it plenty of lurv
Next Topic:info on how much Internet i use?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 21:56:25 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0068070888519287 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.