Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Seller check: tin_can (goods received)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
da_horse
Regular

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Seller check: tin_can (goods received) Fri, 05 November 2004 10:41 Go to next message
Story:

i bought rims off tin_can about 5 weeks ago and i've paid everything according to our agreement. he had an operation recently so i can understand that it would prevent him from sending the rims. however the operation was about 2 weeks ago atleast. i've rang him heaps, and sms'ed him a few times but lately he's not replying or picking up. i sent him a PM last week and he said he'd send them last saturday and they should be here in a few days, its friday now and still now sign.
soooo...

Has anyone ever bought from tin_can?
does anyone have direct contact with him?

Regards
Huy

[Updated on: Thu, 30 December 2004 12:06]

Send a private message to this user    
da_horse
Regular

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Seller check: tin_can Mon, 20 December 2004 01:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
11wks now, still waiting...

anyone ever dealt with him?

CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Seller check: tin_can (11wks still waiting) Mon, 20 December 2004 07:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Find out what company he used to freight them to you.
He will have a consignment note number, and you can ring them and find out where they are.

He has been on these forums for ages, so the chances of him being dodgy are slim.
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Seller check: tin_can (11wks still waiting) Mon, 20 December 2004 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
He bought some things off me, transaction went sweet, but he came to my house to do it.
da_horse
Regular

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Seller check: tin_can (11wks still waiting) Tue, 21 December 2004 01:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thing is he hasnt sent them yet...

he said he sent them last week yet wont provide me a con note...
i dont know where they are but i dont think they're in the hands of any shipping company yet...
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: Seller check: tin_can (11wks still waiting) Tue, 21 December 2004 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When your dealing with someone and they say "Ive had an operation sorry theres been delay"

It almost always means scam.
That from just reading a few car forums.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Seller check: tin_can (11wks still waiting) Tue, 21 December 2004 02:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
give me his address and I will pay him a visit Evil or Very Mad

a friendly one.. I could even pick them up for you Smile
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: Seller check: tin_can (11wks still waiting) Tue, 21 December 2004 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
11 weeks. demand money back straight away and/or get onto the cops.
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Seller check: tin_can (11wks still waiting) Tue, 21 December 2004 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EVOSTi wrote on Tue, 21 December 2004 21:19

11 weeks. demand money back straight away and/or get onto the cops.

I agree.

That is bad. If people are long term members, I usually trust them. That is sad if you can't even do that these days Sad
da_horse
Regular

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Seller check: tin_can (in transit ) Fri, 24 December 2004 03:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rims have been picked up by RobST162 yesterday, many thanks to Rob for his generosity and time.

i should have the rims by next week.

Cheers
DiZ_
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Seller check: tin_can (in transit ) Fri, 24 December 2004 05:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good one rob , you man of steel you haha Very Happy
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Seller check: tin_can (in transit ) Wed, 29 December 2004 05:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wheels have been shipped

not without lots of driving and some serious war damage! *sniff*

http://www.roblincolne.com/pix/DSC05555.jpg

http://www.roblincolne.com/pix/DSC05556.jpg
DiZ_
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Seller check: tin_can (in transit ) Wed, 29 December 2004 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WTF , did that truck reverse into your bonnet?
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Seller check: tin_can (in transit ) Wed, 29 December 2004 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
zhep Sad

he "drove" my car about 10 metres accross the car park.

luckily my engine was on so it was in neutral and my handbrake ain't that brilliant so the damage was less than it would have been had I parked properly Confused
DiZ_
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Seller check: tin_can (in transit ) Wed, 29 December 2004 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fuck that , I hope you are getting compensated or something.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Seller check: tin_can (in transit ) Wed, 29 December 2004 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah I saw it all happen I couldn't believe my eyes!

yeah, my insurance company shannons (champions) got my back, and because I got the driver details (and it wasn't my fault) they waive any excess and my policy isn't affected!

how cool is that
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Seller check: tin_can (in transit ) Wed, 29 December 2004 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RobST162 wrote on Wed, 29 December 2004 17:38

yeah I saw it all happen I couldn't believe my eyes!

yeah, my insurance company shannons (champions) got my back, and because I got the driver details (and it wasn't my fault) they waive any excess and my policy isn't affected!

how cool is that

So was the truck driver an idiot, or did you do the dumb thing and park in his blind spot?
DiZ_
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Seller check: tin_can (in transit ) Wed, 29 December 2004 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RobST162 wrote on Wed, 29 December 2004 20:38

how cool is that

Word. Cool
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Seller check: tin_can (in transit ) Wed, 29 December 2004 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well it was just one of those unfortunate incidents and I can appreciate how it happened, full sympathy for how both our days were ruined.

I thought I had parked far enough away for him to see me. However there was not sign of life around the truck when I parked. I was wrong there I guess, but no way to tell.

However, of course he didn't see me, or he wouldn't have done it, so maybe he just backed without looking.

His mate who was there told me it was my fault and being private property I should think about not involving insurance. I just took some photos and said I am happy to take it up with anyone who wanted to argue with me. Even if it sux for him, the responsibility lies with him.

I wasn't even in my car, my car was running (with zorst), a good number of metres away from his truck. Unlucky for him, but also it is his responsibility when moving a vehicle to ensure the safety of those around him. I can't comment on his actions, only the result.

I don't think any harm will come of it for him, and I have to be without my car for several weeks now, so I can hardly call myself the winner.
da_horse
Regular

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Seller check: tin_can (in transit ) Wed, 29 December 2004 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
once again dude, many thanks!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

sorry to hear abt the accident, but from the looks of it, things dont look to bad, hopefully it'll be sorted out soon Smile

Cheers Wink
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Seller check: tin_can (in transit ) Wed, 29 December 2004 23:14 Go to previous message
you're welcome dude! thanks for the petrol money + a bit! heaps nice

I thought you had been a big smartypants and that was why they said that I wasn't to give them any money now

yeah acco sux, but oh well, one of those things

so anyway, you got the wheels now?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:GPS systems - any good ?
Next Topic:Need some pictures
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 10 18:59:26 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0075721740722656 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.