Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Anyone else have big plans for their big project?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Hodgie
Regular

February 2004
Anyone else have big plans for their big project? Mon, 20 December 2004 12:38 Go to next message
G'day everyone. Just been looking over the various cars on the forum and have been 1)depressed, 2)inspired and 3)envious (can't work out which at the moment) Sad Confused . I currently have a 1974 ta22 in decent nick that I bought off a friend to do up for tarmac rally, hill climb and street sprints. Have grandiose plans for a 2TG/3T hybrid, W58, Hilux LSD diff, big disc brakes all round, cage/buckets/harnesses, custom guage and switchgear layout,16" wheels and a race fuel cell. My big dream for it in the long run is to fit an Eaton M45 SS/C, MoTEC M4 PRO, Aquamist water injection and a TWM 2900 series EFI quad throttle manifold. Hope this post doesn't sound as though I have my hand on it.
  Send a private message to this user    
Hodgie
Regular

February 2004
Re: Anyone else have big plans for their big project? Tue, 21 December 2004 07:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry if this post sounds a bit lame Embarassed . Hadn't had much sleep when I wrote it.

[Updated on: Tue, 21 December 2004 07:26]

Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Anyone else have big plans for their big project? Tue, 21 December 2004 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a 2TG for your project Very Happy
Hodgie
Regular

February 2004
Re: Anyone else have big plans for their big project? Tue, 21 December 2004 07:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll have to see how my finances are holding up when I get back off holidays at the end of January. Damn tempting I have to admit. Will hopefully be cashed up if i can sell my shitty first car to a mates younger brother ( '89 CA lancer, not the most reliable of cars but it got me my licence).
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Anyone else have big plans for their big project? Tue, 21 December 2004 08:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i want to put a 1JZ in my MA61
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Anyone else have big plans for their big project? Tue, 21 December 2004 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
once i get a real job after i finish uni i'd like to give a 1UZ TA22 a shot Smile

til then i'll settle with the rolla
CoronaC
Regular

June 2004
Re: Anyone else have big plans for their big project? Tue, 21 December 2004 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i got a ta23 sitting out the front waiting for rust removal paint job and now a 2tg
all i gota do now is get a job to pay for it all Very Happy
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Anyone else have big plans for their big project? Tue, 21 December 2004 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my plans are to run a 10 second quarter mile in my Corona. I think that is pretty big Razz
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Anyone else have big plans for their big project? Tue, 21 December 2004 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Davey wrote on Tue, 21 December 2004 21:07

my plans are to run a 10 second quarter mile in my Corona. I think that is pretty big Razz

then we all want to see you un-pucker the drivers-side seat cover after acheiving this momentus goal.

seriously: the 'rona wll be a beast chris, i look forward to seeing you fire it up in anger.
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Anyone else have big plans for their big project? Tue, 21 December 2004 21:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks Charles Smile Unfortunately no seat covers as yet Razz
Hodgie
Regular

February 2004
Re: Anyone else have big plans for their big project? Wed, 22 December 2004 03:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How stripped out will the Corona be? It'll be an absolute weapon when it's finished. By the way, what's everyones opinion on water to air intercoolers?
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Anyone else have big plans for their big project? Wed, 22 December 2004 04:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hodgie wrote on Wed, 22 December 2004 14:23

How stripped out will the Corona be? It'll be an absolute weapon when it's finished. By the way, what's everyones opinion on water to air intercoolers?

it has 2 race seats in the front and a chaser dash which doesn't weigh much and that is it Smile

water to air: good for drags if you can keep the water temp down. Don't like the idea for street use.
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: Anyone else have big plans for their big project? Wed, 22 December 2004 05:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Start my 4agze AE71 project.
Maintain the aw11.Was gonna turbs/twincharge/engine swap, but other things have come up.
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Anyone else have big plans for their big project? Wed, 22 December 2004 09:31 Go to previous message
Clown wrote on Wed, 22 December 2004 16:10

Start my 4agze AE71 project.
Maintain the aw11.Was gonna turbs/twincharge/engine swap, but other things have come up.

now twincharging is a big project IMO!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:trying to get a 1g half cut to the states
Next Topic:Tint on a read windshield with defogger
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 10:02:00 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0054781436920166 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.